IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers Engaged

Bazinga

Bryn and her brothers. At least her bouquet is pretty. She has a brother who has been married for over three years and no kids. I'm sure that won't be the case for Bryn.

IMG_4358.PNG

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bontrager blog yesterday announced that Mitchell & Bryn are going to manage the family hotel & live in an apartment attached to it, so I guess Allison will be giving up that job and moving back home to wait on her Prince charming: http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/

Bryn also gives piano lessons. Actually I learned by digging around the Instagram threads of her bridesmaids that Bryn graduated with a music ministry BA last year from some unaccredited fundy school in California, Golden State Baptist.

The fact that her degree wasn't mentioned in Bryn and Mitchells newspaper  engagement announcement tells me a lot about how fundies value higher education.

From that link ^^^

Mitchell also still owns (along with Carson + our father) a custom manure hauling business, and he + Bryn will be traveling with that this fall.

I have to ask:

• What is custom manure?
  • Does it contain unicorn poop?
  • How does one haul custom manure?
  • How far does it need hauling?
  • Does it need to travel under the umbrella of Mitchell's protection?

And finally, how does one manage a hotel while hauling and traveling with custom manure?

38 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

From that link ^^^

I have to ask:

• What is custom manure?
  • Does it contain unicorn poop?
  • How does one haul custom manure?
  • How far does it need hauling?
  • Does it need to travel under the umbrella of Mitchell's protection?

And finally, how does one manage a hotel while hauling and traveling with custom manure?

I have had all the same questions when they've mentioned that business. I don't work with any farmers who could explain it to me!!  Holy cats, I just googled--there appear to be multiple "custom manure hauling" businesses in the US!

I don't even know if the word "custom" is modifying the "manure" or the "hauling"--and why is this only done in the autumn???

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

why is this only done in the autumn???

Perhaps custom manure makes a good Christmas present?  That's all I have.

I think it's to let the manure decompose into the soil to be ready for spring planting.  I believe it's custom hauling (and spreading) of manure although it's a really ambiguous expression.  

5 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I think it's to let the manure decompose into the soil to be ready for spring planting. 

OK.  That makes sense.  I still wonder who is going to manage the hotel if Mitchell and Bryn are custom hauling and spreading manure in the fall.

27 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

OK.  That makes sense.  I still wonder who is going to manage the hotel if Mitchell and Bryn are custom hauling and spreading manure in the fall.

I guess Allison could step back into the role.  All this is going to make it more and more difficult for them to continue touring North America for  almost half the year. predict a lot of scaling back on the touring. Maybe the Bowers and Bontragers should merge their performing groups and sell one of the buses. I especially don't know how the Bowers can function having married off their two daughter-helpers.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I guess Allison could step back into the role.  All this is going to make it more and more difficult for them to continue touring North America for  almost half the year. predict a lot of scaling back on the touring. Maybe the Bowers and Bontragers should merge their performing groups and sell one of the buses. I especially don't know how the Bowers can function having married off their two daughter-helpers.

I believe the Bowers blog mentioned teaching the older boys to cook. Hopefully they aren't too stuck on gender roles when it comes to chores. They have six boys in a row after the two girls. Then their youngest is a girl and she's only 7. 

It will be interesting to see what the Bontragers do with their music travels now that they've lost 3 band members.  They seem to be successful with their farm/ranch businesses, which most likely supports their traveling bus lifestyle expenses, and the music seems to be a huge part of their life and they won't give it up, but losing the three boys will be a hard hit for them.  

I am curious as to why the Bontrager and Wisseman adult kids have never connected with each other.  They seem very compatible, much more so than with the Maxwell youngsters.

That's just what I'm thinking @BearMom. Both families seem to be hard workers and really love their music and IIRC there are still some kidults at home that are possible matches.

Although I could see both families wanting their sons to stay close to home and marry a local girl in order to keep on working in the family businesses. 

Are there any Wisseman boys available for Chels and Alison?

And I wonder if the Bontrager family businesses can really eventually support all 6 Bontrager boys + families.

12 hours ago, ophelia said:

That's just what I'm thinking @BearMom. Both families seem to be hard workers and really love their music and IIRC there are still some kidults at home that are possible matches.

Although I could see both families wanting their sons to stay close to home and marry a local girl in order to keep on working in the family businesses. 

Unfortunately both families are Boy heavy. So there can't be too many more matches if you go by close in age couples. 

The Wissmans only have Stephen left single since Matthias just got engaged to Michelle Kingery. The Kingery family has a few unmarried adult children that probably could be eligible matches for some of these families. 

• 3 weeks later...

So sad. Also surprising, given that the Bontragers seem pretty different to the Maxwells despite being very fundie, and Chelsy is very different to the other Maxwell wives and the Maxwell sisters. I bet she ends up losing her spark and will really miss farm life and being near her siblings.

Re: custom manure.... the Ringling Brothers Circus used to come to Baltimore yearly, and on the last day, you could shovel manure into your truck, bucket, what have you, for free... people used to rave about how the elephant shit worked wonders on their gardens... so maybe they follow the circus??

Sorry if I'm dense and missed this, but is there a Bontrager summary anywhere? I've never really followed them, but I do follow the Maxwells, so I'd like to catch up. I'm just not sure where to start...

45 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Sorry if I'm dense and missed this, but is there a Bontrager summary anywhere? I've never really followed them, but I do follow the Maxwells, so I'd like to catch up. I'm just not sure where to start...

No summary. The first time they were noticed was a guest spot on 17 kids and counting (might've been 18 kids). They are ex-Mennonite traveling family band with 10 kids. They have a farm and an Inn. They update their blog A LOT. So you can find lots of info on their blog. Along with Chelsey's blog and Allison's blog. They also have a Bontrager family Instagram. 

There's a ton of info out there so it might take you awhile. 

2 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

So sad. Also surprising, given that the Bontragers seem pretty different to the Maxwells despite being very fundie, and Chelsy is very different to the other Maxwell wives and the Maxwell sisters. I bet she ends up losing her spark and will really miss farm life and being near her siblings.

I've had a long-term soft spot for Chelsy; it's probably just my personal "pet fundie trap" due to her more real, clumsy presentation online compared to people like the Maxwells, or the glossy fakeness of the Boyer sisters. I'm definitely puzzled at how she could stand to be paired to one of them! She seems like she has so much more personality than could possibly fit into Maxhell.

29 minutes ago, Kariina said:

I've had a long-term soft spot for Chelsy; it's probably just my personal "pet fundie trap" due to her more real, clumsy presentation online compared to people like the Maxwells, or the glossy fakeness of the Boyer sisters. I'm definitely puzzled at how she could stand to be paired to one of them! She seems like she has so much more personality than could possibly fit into Maxhell.

John is the hottest fundie on FJ in my opinion. I can see how she would be attracted to him. Plus John has always seemed to have more personality than his brothers. I imagine they have fun together and look rather cozy in pictures. The biggest problem will be the Maxwells wanting to butt in. 

42 minutes ago, Kariina said:

I wouldn't say I have a soft spot for her as I find her (as well as the rest of her family) obnoxious at times, but I still wouldn't have wished MaxHell on her. 

I can't decide how I feel about the ring. I'd like to see a better shot of it at another angle. It's... odd. But nice that it's not the usual solitaire. On the other hand, there's a reason the solitaire is so common - it works for pretty much everyone and goes with pretty much everything. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived