IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers Engaged

Bazinga

1 minute ago, Smash! said:

I don't think Allison will be courting soon. She's too busy with the hotel and so on that she wouldn't trade it for a life as a wife.

Unless she's sick of the hotel and would really rather be married?

(Honestly, I have no idea. I don't follow the Bontragers, and I don't have a clue what Allison is like! I just picked her because it seems like she's the closest in age to Josiah, who was on the trip. Idle speculation. ;))

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, pfled said:

Gabrielle's parents had a great sense of humor when naming her.

I'm out of the loop. Why does her name make it seem like her parents had a sense of humour? It seems like a pretty name to me.

Clearly I've never been to a fundy Christian wedding, although I have been to a variety of weddings of various faiths, because I've never experienced groom or father preaching during the service.

Since all the menz speak during the service, I'm curious about who speaks at the  fundy reception. In my circles, I'm accustomed to short remarks from best men/maids of honor/best women--whatever you want to call them--and often by parents. Do the men speak again at the reception? Do the mothers or maids of honor ever speak?

I'm serious jonesing for Bontager wedding reception photos. I want to live vicariously through the dessert table.

47 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Since all the menz speak during the service, I'm curious about who speaks at the  fundy reception. In my circles, I'm accustomed to short remarks from best men/maids of honor/best women--whatever you want to call them--and often by parents. Do the men speak again at the reception? Do the mothers or maids of honor ever speak?

I'm so tired of the fundie life completely revolving around the penis. 

Can you imagine the awful baby bump watch these 3 girls will have to endure? A literal race to see which brother's sperm will swim the fastest. Unless they conceive the same month, there will be a definitive pecking order of whose union is more "blessed".

On another note, I would be mortified to think that my sister was getting deflowered at the exact same time not that far away. Same thing goes for the brothers. And then you have to face hundreds of your guests the very next day and stand in another wedding? It's just all so strange and mildly disturbing.

12 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I would be mortified to think that my sister was getting deflowered at the exact same time not that far away. Same thing goes for the brothers. And then you have to face hundreds of your guests the very next day and stand in another wedding? It's just all so strange and mildly disturbing.

Yep, because EVERYONE knows.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm so tired of the fundie life completely revolving around the penis. 

Okay, I could have done without the image this prompted in my head. :pb_lol:

:brainbleach: :eyewash:

That is a pretty decent fundy MOB dress. I'd shorten it, change the sash, & wear it again to a wedding.

I think the MOB dress is very pretty. And I love how his tie pattern kind of matches. That's a great tie. It's rather shocking that ex-mennonites tend to dress better than so many fundies that were raised mainstream. 

IMG_4334.PNG

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

That is a pretty decent fundy MOB dress. I'd shorten it, change the sash, & wear it again to a wedding.

I'm such a fundiewear dork that I recognise it. Same dress worn by some of the bridesmaids at Michael Bates' wedding. They make a midi version too which is less fundie looking.

IMG_0045.JPG.00274951a6666ab4d7bade9fbb70f695.JPG

It's made by this store: some of their stuff I'd  happily wear if the necklines didn't all give me a uniboob.

http://daintyjewells.com/

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

I'm such a fundiewear dork that I recognise it. Same dress worn by some of the bridesmaids at Michael Bates' wedding. They make a midi version too which is less fundie looking.

It's made by this store: some of their stuff I'd  happily wear if the necklines didn't all give me a uniboob.

http://daintyjewells.com/

I don't think Mrs. Bontrager's dress is the same as Kelli and Erin's beige thing--I don't think her skirt has actual scalloped tiers of lace.

44 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I don't think Mrs. Bontrager's dress is the same as Kelli and Erin's beige thing--I don't think her skirt has actual scalloped tiers of lace.

I think her dress is similar to the pink BM dresses. I always thought the pink one were cute for fundie dresses. I really dislike the brown ones. Alyssa looked really cute in that pink BM dress. 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think the MOB dress is very pretty. And I love how his tie pattern kind of matches. That's a great tie. It's rather shocking that ex-mennonites tend to dress better than so many fundies that were raised mainstream. 

Interesting that the parents' teeth are whiter than the young groom's. In my family, thanks to red wine, etc., the older the JB the less pearly the bite. 

Also the MOB dress is lots prettier with the handkerchief hem like the Bates bridesmaids. But it's probably "mutton dressed as lamb" for a mother to wear the hanky hem.  ETA: annnd I took a second look and yes enuf, Kelly has tiers & it would've been ugh better just straight lines. Hee!

Not sure what I think about Mom B's  long necklace. Kinda distracts. 

Here"s a close-up of Bryn's wedding gown. Unfortunately, it's an ill-fitting T-shirt dress. Sad that her bridesmaids' dresses look so much nicer than her own dress.

I agree Bryn's dress is pretty awful. I was hoping the fundie t shirt dress was over but I guess not. Keverly's dress (weird name) is so cute though!

PS: I thought the tiara went out of style like a decade ago. 

I don't think it's too terrible, but then I have no idea about these things. The sleeves are very clearly sewn on for modesty reasons though. 

I'm surprised the S'Mortons never went for a multiple wedding like this...  And the S'Mortons should be the Fundy cautionary tale for why Patriarchs shouldn't push their kids into marrying each other, IMO.

Leaving in a monster truck makes me wonder where they went in it afterwards!

8 hours ago, Lurky said:

Leaving in a monster truck makes me wonder where they went in it afterwards!

Hmm. I thought those looked like 2 farm tractors they were in as they left. :think:

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

PS: I thought the tiara went out of style like a decade ago. 

I could have somehow overseen the tiara, which is totally out of style IMHO, but what's worst to me is her hair!

3 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Hmm. I thought those looked like 2 farm tractors they were in as they left.

Oh, probably.  I'm 100% urban and don't drive!

Bryn looks like a 5 year old playing bride :/ I don't know, I think tiaras can be very cute, but in this case, it only makes it worse. And the sleeves... Without the sleeves and if it fit a little better, this could have been a nice dress. 

I'd like the tiara better if she had a more formal hair style.  The top half of her dress is tragic, bit the skirt is pretty.  I have her friend's yellow cardigan.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived