IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers Engaged

Bazinga

I feel like Allison and Chelsy put their brothers in a role to fill in for their urge to have a boyfriend. Some fundies prefer the dad to fill that role until marriage. So they have purity balls, purity rings, daddy daughter dates, etc. The Bontragers use siblings to fill that role and I think it's incredibly off putting. It might work out fine for the Bontragers but I don't think they should be giving advice to other fundies about it. I think fundies need a healthy dose of BOUNDARIES in many ways and this is just another one of those instances.

Here is a post from Allison last August. Again, it seems as if her brother is filling in for a boyfriend relationship that she craves:

IMG_7222.PNG

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the Duggars have also made a big deal in at least one episode about brothers bringing their sisters flowers. I agree, it creeps me out a bit.

In other Bontrager-Bowers news, what kind of creepy-ass paranoid Christian militancy is Daddy Bowers selling?  He has a post about upcoming tour dates for his weird "Agenda II" documentary, but won't reveal where the presentations will be.

http://bowersbus.blogspot.com/2018/03/agenda-2-on-tour-in-washington-state.html

PS I'm so glad that we have a Bowers-Bontrager thread now on FJ. I've long found them interesting--they share a lot in their posts, and behind the shiny, fun presentation their views are every bit as creepy and militant as the Duggars and Bates. BUT the Bowers and Bontragers have more ENERGY and ORGANIZATION than the Duggars or Bates. They get.shit.done, and not on "Duggar Time." That's what makes them frightening.

Oh yes, daddy Bowers is a whackadoo like many other fundies about the government infringing on their rights. I swear these people have been saying this for so damn long and has anything happened? No. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh yes, daddy Bowers is a whackadoo like many other fundies about the government infringing on their rights. I swear these people have been saying this for so damn long and has anything happened? No. 

I get more than a whiff of anti-semitism from Daddy Bowers (or anyone who likes to yell about secretive global cabals)

http://www.agendadocumentary.com/store/p2/NEW!_AGENDA_2%3A_MASTERS_OF_DECEIT.html

On 2/2/2018 at 8:52 AM, crawfishgirl said:

And they also have to pay for transportation.  Maybe it would be worth it if a well-respected speaker or teacher was there, but Allison is just not in that category.  There are much cheaper ways to have a relaxing weekend with gourmet coffees.  She also mentioned activities such as doing hair and getting dressed up - I can do that without being charged for it...

The upper limit of the age range is 29.  Does she really have that much to offer someone of that age?  Though I realize that the SAHDs are frequently childlike and sheltered/naive.

Another thought - if all three Maxwell girls attended, that would be $750.  Can't imagine paying that to listen to her.

all three girls couldn't attend - Sarah is over the "young ladies" age limit :pb_neutral: i wonder how sarah felt, reading that flyer. 

Who needs proof reading, editing, and critical thought?  Not ladies, that's for sure!

2018-03-09_10-51-31.thumb.jpg.f45ee90b097e2589d56e4b640a87f168.jpg

"her heart burns to give girls a vision for being totally consumed with Jesus"

Am I the only one who thinks that sounds icky? I get what she means but that wording...:no:

11 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

"her heart burns to give girls a vision for being totally consumed with Jesus"

Am I the only one who thinks that sounds icky? I get what she means but that wording...:no:

No, it definitely sounds like her unprotected loving of Jesus has left her with something that she needs to see a medical professional about.  Always remember folks: Jesus loves LITERALLY EVERYONE, so use protection.

Wait, he's an Agenda 21 nut? Oh my god, those people. I used to work for a local elected official and we would get tons of calls from paranoid constituents who were sure that the new sidewalks in their neighborhood were the first sign of VIOLENT TAKEOVER BY THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!!1!

If you're not familiar, Agenda 21 refers to a non-binding resolution that the UN passed back in (I think) 1993, pledging to institute sustainability principles in urban planning. Or, if you listen to a lot of Coast to Coast AM, it's a blueprint for seizing people's homes and guns and turning them into slaves for the reptilian shadow government.

Might we merge this thread into the Bowers & Bontragers Engaged into one unified Bowers-Bontragers Axis of Fundidom thread? As their numbers and social media accounts expand, there is plenty to discuss. [over fancy coffee drinks, natch]

On 9/8/2017 at 1:53 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm going to preface this with: I've seen absolutely nothing from the Bontragers to think there is any incest occurring. But I was reading through Allison's blog and noticed a few things a bit out of the ordinary. First I saw a post saying she missed Mitchell's back rubs while they were on the road and he was at home. I'm not saying back rubs are sexual, just that they can be rather intimate. It's not common for adult siblings of opposite sex to give back rubs. Then I saw a post with this picture and caption: 

IMG_4349.PNG

These posts got me thinking about Purity Balls. Where you're basically dating your dad until your Prince Charming comes along. I am now wondering if fundies have the mentality that brothers are supposed to treat their sisters the same way. Is this a thing now?

Obviously I'm way behind on this thread, since this quoted post is from last September, but it totally reminded me of my thoughts while reading Allison's recent Valentine's Day 2018 blog posts about learning your brothers' "love languages" (she points out that the notion is not just for marriages). Maybe in part because I don't have brothers, but I found it VERY weird.

6 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Obviously I'm way behind on this thread, since this quoted post is from last September, but it totally reminded me of my thoughts while reading Allison's recent Valentine's Day 2018 blog posts about learning your brothers' "love languages" (she points out that the notion is not just for marriages). Maybe in part because I don't have brothers, but I found it VERY weird.

lol I basically said the same thing on this page a few posts up! Lol.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

lol I basically said the same thing on this page a few posts up! Lol.

Ha, yep, I finally got caught up and see that you beat me to it, in reaction to the same photo, even! And the other other comments about it are spot on, as well. Definitely seems to be some transference there.  

46 minutes ago, scoutsadie said:

Ha, yep, I finally got caught up and see that you beat me to it, in reaction to the same photo, even! And the other other comments about it are spot on, as well. Definitely seems to be some transference there.  

It's incredibly creepy to us but I really do wonder if other fundies secretly find it at least a little weird. They would never say it out loud but I wonder if they find it creepy.

I don't remember where, but I did read somewhere about finding out about your children's love languages, to make it easier to relate to them. I guess the fundies have taken it that much further.. the wimminz gotta support their brothers after all.

52 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I don't remember where, but I did read somewhere about finding out about your children's love languages, to make it easier to relate to them. I guess the fundies have taken it that much further.. the wimminz gotta support their brothers after all.

I really doubt the brothers care all that much about their sisters' love languages. I'm so tired of everything revolving around the penis. 

If you're not sure what your brother's love language is, let me make it easy for you. It's fart jokes and helping keep secrets from your parents. Works for 100% of brothers 100% of the time.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived