IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 4: Now with Bad Poetry!

Destiny

I know they're fundies and don't typically look at this kind of scandal the same way we do...but that would make me really sad if they only believed the child because Alan was caught in the act. For something so serious, I would trust a potential victims immediately, and then try to verify, privately, to help with the lawyer.

the duggars liberal minded friend Krista had a good story shared (either in Instagram or Facebook) about this kind of thing. She said something like' if someone tells you their car was hit in the walmart parking lot, we immediately believe that the victim is telling the truth, regardless of situations such as the victim rarely drives, it's  a safe neighborhood, etc, so why don't we extend the same curtesy to people that say they are victims of sexual abuse? Why do we question their stories?'

makes me wonder how jimbob allows his daughters around such a logical woman.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More pics of Addie and mrs Morton in pants lately, without a tunic even. Seems like they're all making the transition. 

Apparently necessary disclaimer: don't worry, I understand this doesn't mean anything other than they now wearing pants and is not indicative of any changing beliefs. 

9 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

I know they're fundies and don't typically look at this kind of scandal the same way we do...but that would make me really sad if they only believed the child because Alan was caught in the act. For something so serious, I would trust a potential victims immediately, and then try to verify, privately, to help with the lawyer.

I speak from experience when I say that's how fundies roll. Even getting caught in the act might not be enough because (speaking in the abstract here, not referring to any person) that little Jezebel might have seduced the poor man.

On 5/12/2017 at 0:30 PM, anjulibai said:

Yup. If a fair amount of people caught him in the act there's no deniability, no way to victim blame, no "your word against mine", no washing it under the rug. 

Ugh, I don't want to even think about that. 

20 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

More pics of Addie and mrs Morton in pants lately, without a tunic even. Seems like they're all making the transition. 

Interesting.  What was their style of dress before?  Ultra fundy long skirts or kind of JC Penney below the knee/mid-calf skirts and dresses?  Has she gone to elastic waist pants or (gasp!) jeans?

20 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Apparently necessary disclaimer: don't worry, I understand this doesn't mean anything other than they now wearing pants and is not indicative of any changing beliefs. 

There has to be a bit of a change, with skirts only telegraphing megaphoning modesty and gender-appropriate clothing in their world.  I say, Good for them to make the change! 

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, anjulibai said:

Yup. If a fair amount of people caught him in the act there's no deniability, no way to victim blame, no "your word against mine", no washing it under the rug. 

Multiple witnesses would also make it more difficult to claim that an individual witness misinterpreted what he or she saw. Unless the one witness was a person who would be believed-a patriarch for example. Other than the Cap'n, of course,

Some of the boys were at an abortion protest in Kentucky over the weekend. John posted a video of some of the protestors being arrested and commented 'that ain't right'. 

Um, being arrested for harassment is wrong, how? I don't know what the women who were arrested did, but given the climate of abortion protests, I can't imagine it was for merely holding an opinion.

24 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Some of the boys were at an abortion protest in Kentucky over the weekend. John posted a video of some of the protestors being arrested and commented 'that ain't right'. 

Um, being arrested for harassment is wrong, how? I don't know what the women who were arrested did, but given the climate of abortion protests, I can't imagine it was for merely holding an opinion.

I'm pretty much positive they are the same assholes that complain about all the "liberal protests" that have gone on since Trump was elected.

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

They were blocking then entrance to a clinic and refused to move.  They weren't just protesting. 

I didn't know they were here but I read about the arrests. 

Jacqueline wished "the mothers of her grandchildren" a happy mother's day on FB. It appears that no regards have been sent in return. I'm sure she's fuming.

Also, I saw on Mariah's page that her family is being filmed for some sort of low-budget Quiverfull documentary. From the movie's website it looks like it's going to be a very favorable (and amateurish) portrayal. I'd still be interested in seeing it. https://www.facebook.com/QuiverFullDoc/

As much as it makes me happy to see that they are standing behind Katie and seem to give her all the support they have to give right now, they still stay narrow-minded fundies that hate women and liberals and want to change the world so it fits into their small black/white world.

Is dianna Triplett (always kissing jackies ass on Facebook) not her daughter? 

I can't keep these fools straight.

22 minutes ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Is dianna Triplett (always kissing jackies ass on Facebook) not her daughter? 

I can't keep these fools straight.

I believe Dianna and Jacqueline are sisters.  Jacqueline's daughters are Kressant Morton, Rachel Morton, Bethany Lane, Madara Smith and Sitara Smith. 

Jackie posted a happy Mother's Day wish to her three daughters and included Katie (which surprised me). No likes or comments from any of the girls. 

55 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Jackie posted a happy Mother's Day wish to her three daughters and included Katie (which surprised me). No likes or comments from any of the girls. 

It seems apparent to me that they've basically cut them off. Which they fully deserve. And Jackie is just trying to weasel her way back in with these Facebook posts but they obviously aren't interested. I'm glad they are sticking to their guns. I wouldn't be surprised if they all receive regular guilt trips via voicemail/email. 

I am wondering what will happen to the Smith children still at home.  Do the older Smith daughters see their adopted siblings as their brothers and sisters, and would they provide a home if they wanted to escape?  I imagine the adopted kids are being told the older girls are terrible sinners etc - and I hope that this doesn't mean Madara and Sitara will be treated even more harshly than the older girls were.

Posting a nice message after months of bitching about them and supporting Alan isn't going to do any good. Jackie deserves what she gets for being so vocal against her family.

The Campana abortion train is non stop. I figured they were with the Mortons. I didn't realize but totally should have that they weren't all just 'there' but in the thick of it. 

The Mortons continue to get cut slack, and I sometimes find myself doing it, but they are just as ugly and hateful as they have always been. They just jumped off the Smith crazy train. Taking care of the daughter they gave to a man who couldn't support her is their responsibility and they get no extra points for doing what families do. I give them those points sometimes and then stuff like this reminds me that their 'image' doesn't change their hate hiding behind fun/pretty pictures.

Being opposed to abortion is one thing and we all - - ALL - - have a right to our own opinions. 

Their obsession and vilification and religion twisting are what makes them ugly people. 

"My religion says I can't do this, so I won't" is religious freedom

"My religion says I can't do this so you can't either" is not freedom and has crossed the line. 

Go home and take care of your own damn army of brats. 

Frank Campana was arrested in January, no doubt for harassing women in the name of his baby making god

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2017/01/arrests-in-brevard-county-january-17-2017-sponsored-by-ammediate-bail-bonds/

9 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Frank Campana was arrested in January, no doubt for harassing women in the name of his baby making god

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2017/01/arrests-in-brevard-county-january-17-2017-sponsored-by-ammediate-bail-bonds/

RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION!!!!! Look what he is willing to endure to do the right thing and please the LORD!!!!

Frank Campana is one of the few fundies whose mere face makes my blood boil. There's some serious smugness and better than you attitude in that asshat. Back when they used to update their blog ("Heritage Growers") half of the updates were about their anti-abortion rallies all over Southern US. They equipped little kids with posters showing fake pictures of blood covered "aborted" babies, and Frank was always leading the team with his thick old Bible. Looks like he (and they all really) hasn't changed a bit. I just can't imagine what it would be like to have to face this crowd when entering Planned Parenthood, probably already in a fragile mental state, for an abortion that might be the only viable option in the situation the person has. 

Those fucking assholes is all I can say to describe them.

IMG_1633.JPG

2013-07-25+050.JPG

I want to jerk that Bible out of his hands and shove it up his ass sideways. Smug, self-righteous asshole!

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

I want to jerk that Bible out of his hands and shove it up his ass sideways.

It would be my pleasure to assist you.

The local Planned Parenthood used to be next door to the Dollar Tree. Those disgusting signs really pissed me off because I had to drive by them to get to Dollar Tree and ended up having to have a conversation with my then 3 yo son that I hadn't planned to have for a very long time. Not to mention one of the cashiers who'd had a miscarriage. That poor girl was really upset. All of that and a bikini car wash up the street got shut down for being indecent. Protest if you want. Don't scar little children for life. Assholes. 

I never had to thread my way through a group of protesters, but I drove by a group one time that was lining the intersection of two of our main streets protesting against homosexuality.  We were stopped at the stop light and one kid who was just starting to read asked "Mom, what's a f-, fa-, fag-?"  "Don't you say that word!  We don't talk that way in our family!  Those people are-"  Then I realized I had someone else's kid in the car, too.  "Those people don't like something and are letting everyone else know it.  Let's take <friend's child> home now, and we'll talk later."  Took other child home, spoke to her mother about what had happened, and told her to expect questions.  Even though we were friends, I didn't feel it was my right to insert myself like that.

There was a bright note.  Most people ignored the protesters, even though my area is more conservative than I'd like.  And there was one lone protester standing right in the middle of the anti-gay group dressed in a pink bunny costume holding a sign saying "Stop the hate", and he (or she) was not being harassed by the other protesters.  They gave Bunny space, but kept their attention on the cars driving by.  It was a sunny day, and a lot of people were driving with their windows down.  It must have sucked for them to hear all the little kids screaming "Look at the big bunny!  Hi, Bunny!" and wave. 

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived