IGNORED

Hypocrisy, Thy Name Is Republican

47of74

• 1 month later...

Hoarded money...to spend on lavish vacations...is this what they call an oxymoron?   I'm seeing a certain trend in public officials these days. 

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

OK, had to visit urbandictionary for "skull fuck", because I know better than to open Google a phrase like that.  

But seriously?  I had to reread several articles to figure out who was suing who for what.  And call me a hopeless cynic, but this was no love match at any point in time; it was always about sex for money.  

• Upvote 2

Bechard said in her lawsuit she met Broidy at a California restaurant in 2013, and that they referred to one another as “mommy” and “daddy.” 

:pb_confused:

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Soo according to a custody filing Jason Miller did a bad thing (why wasn't he charged?) 

Right, because abortion should be illegal...unless you get your mistress pregnant and you decide (not her) that she needs an abortion... I have no words.

• Upvote 8

Matt Davies is an editorial cartoonist. This posting shows the cognitive dissonance of BTs and other Rs:

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

Maybe one of the Trumphumping PACs will hire him?

Also, I have a theory to share about Jason's facial hair. I think he owns stock in a chain of waxing salons, and his facial hair choices are meant to send a subliminal message to increase sales of bikini waxes. :kitty-wink:

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Another day, another "man of God"

A Broken Arrow man used the phone number associated with a ministry he leads in advertisements for a house of prostitution, according to police.

Tulsa County prosecutors on Wednesday charged Walter Eugene Brazington Jr. — identified as a minister for a group in Broken Arrow — with procuring for prostitution and possession of a firearm while in the commission of a felony, according to court records.

Brazington, 55, attempted to “encourage, induce or persuade women to become inmates of a house of prostitution,” the charges state.

Broken Arrow police allege that Brazington operated the house at 804C S. Ninth St. under the guise of a massage parlor.

• WTF 7

• 2 months later...

I had no idea where to post this one, but this is a link to surveillance video showing a Washington state anti-tax crusader named Tim Eyman stealing a chair from a local office supply store.  The brief back story on this gentleman is years ago he successfully pushed for lower car license tabs (he had numerous cars), then he started an expanded anti-tax movement, later was charged with skimming funds from his followers (can't remember if he was convicted), and now may be bankrupt and stealing office furnishings.  He says he will cooperate with the police, and I am interested in his explanation, once he thinks one up. 

Timmy rolls on - KOMO news link

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

He says he will cooperate with the police, and I am interested in his explanation, once he thinks one up.

That's easy -- he wanted to avoid paying sales tax!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

• 2 months later...

"Romney was never Christian enough for some Republicans. Somehow, Trump is."

Spoiler

When Mitt Romney ran for president in the 2008 GOP primary, many evangelical Christian voters were reluctant — putting it mildly — to support him because of his membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

One of the Utah Republican’s opponents, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, exploited this hesitance by trying to instill fear about the differences between himself and Romney: “Don’t Mormons,” Huckabee trolled in a New York Times Magazine interview, “believe that Jesus and the devil are brothers?” (Though real theological differences exist, that was not one of them.) At the 2007 Values Voter Summit, Huckabee, a former Baptist preacher, told the crowd that they ought to back a candidate who speaks “the language of Zion as a mother tongue.”

I was there that day and swallowed hard as the crowd, full of anti-Romney fervor, cheered. Was this what Christians were about? Making theology a political litmus test struck me as terribly misguided, especially since Christians, more and more, find ourselves at the short end of that stick. Yet, when this evangelical crowd had a chance to mock a good man for his beliefs, they relished the opportunity.

My husband and I, members of the Presbyterian Church of America and Republicans at the time, should have been welcomed by the “values” voters. After getting to know Romney and his wife, Ann Romney, when I worked on a book project with her in 2007, we threw our support behind them and suddenly became the target of evangelical ire. One political activist saw me wearing a Romney campaign hat and angrily said, “You obviously don’t love America,” leaving me near tears, since my husband was just days from deploying to Iraq. She would later become a vocal supporter of Donald Trump.

Romney won the GOP nomination four years later, but neither he nor Huckabee ever became president. Nearly a decade later, evangelical Republican voters embraced Trump despite his well-documented flaws, sins and lack of repentance. Throughout his career, Romney has stood for strong moral values, sometimes at great personal and political cost, but he has never been Christian enough for some Republicans. Somehow, after everything we’ve seen, President Trump still is.

Last week, Romney, who is now a U.S. senator, reacted to the findings in special counsel Robert Mueller’s report with disgust. One might even describe it as righteous indignation. He conceded that Mueller found no basis to charge the president with a federal crime but tweeted that he was “sickened at the extent and pervasiveness of dishonesty and misdirection by individuals in the highest office of the land, including the President.” It’s the response you would expect from a political leader, of any or no faith, who holds honesty and accountability as important civic values. Yet few evangelical leaders expressed any outrage or even mild disappointment.

In fact, Huckabee lashed out at Romney, not Trump, tweeting that it “makes me sick that you got GOP nomination and could have been @POTUS” — a statement that seeks both to diminish the president’s moral accountability and undermine anyone trying to hold him to account. It’s a cheap shot implying that the only thing we should expect from our leaders is that they walk narrowly within the confines of the law, and not that they should be held to a higher, or even basic, moral standard. It also reveals the insincerity with which Huckabee and others once claimed that Christian values should be central in the selection of a president.

Isaiah 5:20 speaks directly to Huckabee and the rest of Trump’s evangelical defenders: “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Their “mother tongue,” it turned out, wasn’t the “language of Zion,” but crass expediency, molding their definition of Christian values to suit their needs in a quest for power over principle.

Take, for instance, Robert Jeffress, an influential pastor of a Dallas megachurch. “Do we want a candidate who is a good, moral person,” he asked at the 2011 Values Voter Summit, “or one who is a born-again follower of the Lord Jesus Christ?” He said it was “imperative to vote for a Christian” and that voting for Romney would give credibility to a “cult.” Televangelist Bill Keller said “a Romney election will help insure [sic] at least 1 million souls will burn in hell.”

At the time, too few evangelical leaders denounced this fearful, denigrating rhetoric (though Jeffress, in calculating fashion, came around to endorsing Romney in the general election, saying President Barack Obama “opposes biblical principles”) and some Christians sat it out, holding that their religious views prohibited them from supporting anyone but the holiest of candidates. But four years later, when Trump erupted onto the political scene, the same leaders abandoned their religious litmus tests faster than you could say “grab ‘em by the p----.”

Huckabee endorsed Trump in 2016, and his daughter, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, serves as Trump’s White House press secretary. She told the Christian Broadcasting Network earlier this year that God “wanted Donald Trump to become president” because he supported “a lot of the things that people of faith really care about.” While truth is one of the things that, presumably, Christians really care about, she admitted to Mueller that “in the heat of the moment,” she made up disparaging information about former FBI director James B. Comey as an excuse for his firing by Trump.

Jeffress became a Trump apologist, even defending Trump after Michael Cohen alleged Trump was aware Cohen paid hush money to mistresses on Trump’s behalf. When Trump bemoaned immigrants coming from what he reportedly described as “shithole countries,” Jeffress was offended only by Trump’s profanity, not his heartless xenophobia, saying, “Apart from the vocabulary attributed to him, President Trump is right on target in his sentiment.”

Yet Trump’s sentiments, actions and character are opposed to the biblical values these evangelicals claimed to demand in a candidate. Instead of striving to be “poor in spirit,” as Matthew 5:3 commends, he talks endlessly about his material wealth. Instead of being respectful, he is arrogant. Instead of thirsting for righteousness, he has bragged about his affairs. Instead of being a peacemaker, he chooses words that polarize and divide. Instead of respecting women, he has gleefully described himself as a sexual assaulter. Instead of accepting God’s forgiveness, he claims he doesn’t need it.

If evangelical leaders really demanded Christian values in their president, they’d stop calling evil good and good evil. They might also be ashamed that LDS Romney stands up for Christian values more than Trump and his sycophants combined.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

• 1 month later...

I have no words to describe how much I despise plopwaffle Liz Cheney, who went on TV to talk FBI "coup" and "treason."  Meanwhile, Republicans are making sure that states don't get what they need to make sure that Russian active measures don't elect our next president.  #f**kLizCheney  

A Top House Republican On Origins Of FBI’s Russia Investigation: ‘It Could Well Be Treason’  Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, echoing Trump, claimed the probe’s genesis “sounds an awful lot like a coup.”

This narrative (the investigation's illegal origins) will be pushed and pushed hard and relentlessly by Republicans.  

Edited by Howl
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Another one

Former Republican Congressman Aaron Schock, who resigned amid a financial scandal in 2015, was reportedly spotted at a gay club in Mexico City last weekend.

An image of a man alleged to be the 38-year-old ex-politician was taken at Boy Bar, a popular gay bar in Mexico City's famed Zona Rosa, on Saturday around midnight.

While in office, Schock voted against both marriage equality and the repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. He also opposed adding sexual orientation and gender identity to federal hate crimes laws and using government funds to overturn the Defense of Marriage Act.

• WTF 5

• 2 weeks later...