Jump to content
IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 5: Engagment on the Horizon


choralcrusader8613

Recommended Posts

Gillyweed
17 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Jinger's engagement was definitely not reenacted. She was truly shocked when he got down on one knee; she thought they were just doing a photoshoot on the roof

Yeah, I remember everyone saying that their engagement was staged since they were standing on spike marks. I think it was real, the spike marks were just for the "photoshoot". 

  • Upvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • singsingsing

    31

  • Carm_88

    27

  • Palimpsest

    14

  • formergothardite

    14

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Michelle will say "Sweet Joy Joy, it seems like just yesterday, that I gave her to Jill."

It never, ever stops hurting.  Equating the love I have for my partner to sins like lying, or drinking, that people can choose to do, and do once or twice, then get forgiven for, is just wrong.  I can

Posted Images

jerkit

Work is really slow right now, so I went home for lunch and watched the wedding ep. I'm so ashamed for myself!

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
picklepizzas

so, per duggarfamilyblog the new season starts this summer, and thanks to some wonderful detective work over in the joy and austin thread, it looks like joy&austin won't be tying the knot til the end of May, at least. are they going to do the exact same thing they did with jinger and have a mid season wedding and then show a quickie cut of it as a hook for the next season? maybe this will be the new formula - one season of courtship followed by the quickie wedding cut, one season of wedding prep followed by a courtship proposal, which is then documented in the next season followed by the quickie wedding cut...they could keep that going for YEARS. it's sort of genius. 

  • Upvote 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

so, per duggarfamilyblog the new season starts this summer, and thanks to some wonderful detective work over in the joy and austin thread, it looks like joy&austin won't be tying the knot til the end of May, at least. are they going to do the exact same thing they did with jinger and have a mid season wedding and then show a quickie cut of it as a hook for the next season? maybe this will be the new formula - one season of courtship followed by the quickie wedding cut, one season of wedding prep followed by a courtship proposal, which is then documented in the next season followed by the quickie wedding cut...they could keep that going for YEARS. it's sort of genius. 

so expect June when the wedding takes place - the new season airs

and Jill is 8 months pregnant hopefully in the states, 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lurker

I wonder if the show was expecting to have a pregnancy announcement from Jinger to be the big news for the season finale.   

I feel that Boob had to use Joy courting a year early to keep the show going for another season,. 

Jill and Derick going to danger america is another plot line, lots of drama due to their basic incompetence at being funtioning humans/adults let alone parents.   They don't care what happens to Izzy as long as there is a camera around.    Better TV if Jill needs to be airlifted to Arkansas for delivery plus she then will have a better birth story than Jessa had for Spurge.

 

 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
12 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

so, per duggarfamilyblog the new season starts this summer, and thanks to some wonderful detective work over in the joy and austin thread, it looks like joy&austin won't be tying the knot til the end of May, at least. are they going to do the exact same thing they did with jinger and have a mid season wedding and then show a quickie cut of it as a hook for the next season? maybe this will be the new formula - one season of courtship followed by the quickie wedding cut, one season of wedding prep followed by a courtship proposal, which is then documented in the next season followed by the quickie wedding cut...they could keep that going for YEARS. it's sort of genius. 

Unless some of those boys find some girls to court and marry, the idea is dead in the water. Hannie is only 11- there's no more girls to fill seasons of Counting On. The babies will have to do, and they take 9 months.

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

I wonder if the show was expecting to have a pregnancy announcement from Jinger to be the big news for the season finale.   

I feel that Boob had to use Joy courting a year early to keep the show going for another season,. 

Jill and Derick going to danger america is another plot line, lots of drama due to their basic incompetence at being funtioning humans/adults let alone parents.   They don't care what happens to Izzy as long as there is a camera around.    Better TV if Jill needs to be airlifted to Arkansas for delivery plus she then will have a better birth story than Jessa had for Spurge.

 

 

The Dillards would have to DO something for that plot to be interesting. Preaching to 5 people once a week and making babies banana bread is not enough. Since they don't  fluently speak the language and having a translator would only show what lazy idiots they are, side trips (dentist, camping, beach) are out too. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Carm_88
13 hours ago, Lurker said:

I wonder if the show was expecting to have a pregnancy announcement from Jinger to be the big news for the season finale.   

They may have been. Jessa and Jill are popping out their babies this year, so I guess Jinger is expected to add to the list of grandchildren. That is what they do after all. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
IReallyAmHopewell
3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

They may have been. Jessa and Jill are popping out their babies this year, so I guess Jinger is expected to add to the list of grandchildren. That is what they do after all. 

Unless some of those boys find some girls to court and marry, the idea is dead in the water. Hannie is only 11- there's no more girls to fill seasons of Counting On. The babies will have to do, and they take 9 months.

 

1. Surely one of them will have or fake infertility for the drama of it. We'll see the exhausted husband being told by Jim-Bob to keep pumpin' There will be lots of blather about this "season of life" being "precious" and the J-Mom-to-Be will get teary when forced to hold every baby. I'm NOT MAKING FUN OF ANYONE WITH INFERTILITY, so don't flame me. It's hard. But I'm more inclined to think they'll FAKE it just to make a story line. "Ok--J-wife YOU may use this secret stash of contraceptives for this season and next. We'll film a prayer vigil for you, then throw the the contraceptives away so we can show you "healed" and pregnant" That sort of thing.

2. Wanting sex and wanting sex when you know you'll be supporting a platoon of children on what a PFC earns (unless Daddy gives you tv money) might just keep the boys sleeping in the boys dorm for several more years.  But somehow I think JB will FORCE a boy to court for next season.

3.  We will see Hannie  'purposing' to be a buddy to Jb/M's grandchildren. She'll talk about leaving Tomboy ways behind and embracing the precious role God has in mind for her. She'll be shown helping the new cousin/Jboy put toothpaste on his toothbrush while he stares at her like she's insane.

4. Joy will be shown doing cooking and laundry, but because it is what her hubby likes she'll be shown out hunting or trail riding and again telling us how its no problem in a skirt and flip-flops and how when she was younger...but now....and the joy of becoming a Mom to a precious, sweet and ...as many as God gives.....

 

There that's next two seasons in the can. Saved you all a lot of time!

 

 

  • Upvote 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
QuiverFullofBooks
2 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

 

1. Surely one of them will have or fake infertility for the drama of it. We'll see the exhausted husband being told by Jim-Bob to keep pumpin' There will be lots of blather about this "season of life" being "precious" and the J-Mom-to-Be will get teary when forced to hold every baby. I'm NOT MAKING FUN OF ANYONE WITH INFERTILITY, so don't flame me. It's hard. But I'm more inclined to think they'll FAKE it just to make a story line. "Ok--J-wife YOU may use this secret stash of contraceptives for this season and next. We'll film a prayer vigil for you, then throw the the contraceptives away so we can show you "healed" and pregnant" That sort of thing.

They wouldn't do that. But they might say "Maybe it's infertility!" if someone takes a little while to get pregnant in the same way that they say "Maybe it's twins!" when they are pregnant.

  • Upvote 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
AlternativeVoice
20 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They wouldn't do that. But they might say "Maybe it's infertility!" if someone takes a little while to get pregnant in the same way that they say "Maybe it's twins!" when they are pregnant.

That would be horrible if they did that ! Especially seeing that a good friend of the family Michaela is actually or may be having issues in that area. It could be Brandon who knows. But still that would be horrible. If it's one fundie I'm rooting for having a big family it's Michaela. 

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
IReallyAmHopewell
50 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

That would be horrible if they did that ! Especially seeing that a good friend of the family Michaela is actually or may be having issues in that area. It could be Brandon who knows. But still that would be horrible. If it's one fundie I'm rooting for having a big family it's Michaela. 

 

They've faked a bunch of things. I'd hope not, but I wouldn't put it past them these days.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Satan'sFortress

I know that courtships have been called off, but do engagements ever get called off in this world?  Just curious.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
marmalade
15 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I know that courtships have been called off, but do engagements ever get called off in this world?  Just curious.

Joseph Maxwell and Elizabeth Munck was called off a week before the wedding. 

Was Christopher Maxwell's breakup a courtship or engagement? That was just before my time here. 

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Palimpsest
Just now, marmalade said:

Joseph Maxwell and Elizabeth Munck was called off a week before the wedding. 

Was Christopher Maxwell's breakup a courtship or engagement? That was just before my time here. 

Yes, Liz called off the wedding after the shower and a week before the wedding.  Bless her and congrats on her nuptials to not-Joseph.  Be happy, Liz.

Christopher Maxwell and Sarah Smith?  The poor girl had two broken courtships or engagements but she has now married elsewhere.  Very happily I hope.

Christopher and Sarah Smith broke off by mutual agreement and not much drama, IIRC.  Except Steve failed again.

Sarah's other engagement ended really badly because his Daddy broke it off.  The fiance had not the guts to do it himself and poor Sarah suffered for months.  So cruel.

 

  • Upvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Berty K
31 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, Liz called off the wedding after the shower and a week before the wedding.  Bless her and congrats on her nuptials to not-Joseph.  Be happy, Liz.

Christopher Maxwell and Sarah Smith?  The poor girl had two broken courtships or engagements but she has now married elsewhere.  Very happily I hope.

Christopher and Sarah Smith broke off by mutual agreement and not much drama, IIRC.  Except Steve failed again.

Sarah's other engagement ended really badly because his Daddy broke it off.  The fiance had not the guts to do it himself and poor Sarah suffered for months.  So cruel.

 

Sorry did they go in to detail on this in blogs or is this from FJ? Just curious. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
VineHeart137
3 hours ago, AlternativeVoice said:

That would be horrible if they did that ! Especially seeing that a good friend of the family Michaela is actually or may be having issues in that area. It could be Brandon who knows. But still that would be horrible. If it's one fundie I'm rooting for having a big family it's Michaela. 

I can't root for any of these people to have a big family, and Michael especially seems completely content with her upbringing and will most likely continue the cycle. And Brandon works for IBLP. She seems like a really nice person and all and Brandon seems cool too, but no. They're still enmeshed in the cult. I don't wish infertility on them but I also can't wish for a bunch of kids to be forced to drunk the same kool-aid.

But yeah, I do agree that any person who would cry potential infertility just for the ratings is a terrible person. I don't think even the Duggars would stoop that low.

  • Upvote 27
Link to post
Share on other sites
marmalade
2 hours ago, Berty K said:

Sorry did they go in to detail on this in blogs or is this from FJ? Just curious. 

Sarah used to blog very actively. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Palimpsest
10 hours ago, Berty K said:

Sorry did they go in to detail on this in blogs or is this from FJ? Just curious. 

That is from my memory.  

Sarah Smith had a blog where she talked about her broken engagement to the first guy in great detail.  It was heartbreaking because she berated herself for actually loving the man instead of loving God more.  Or something.  I think she took it down after a few years.  She married a Gothardite in the end.

Steve Maxwell wipes his blog (Titus 2) of all embarrassing content.  Both Joseph's engagement to Liz and Christopher's involvement with Sarah have been obliterated.  Liz wrote a dignified explanation of the broken engagement that has now been taken off the family blog.

There is more detail in the archives of FJ if you do a search.  

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
formergothardite

I think some of the Maxwell stuff is on the wayback machine. 

The worst fundie courtship proposal and break-up IMO is Zach Bates and Sarah Reith. She was clearly horrified at the courtship proposal and felt pressured to say yes. And then she was forced to travel around with him. You could tell she just wanted to bolt and he was totally oblivious to her feelings. I'm glad she finally pulled the plug on it all, but it seemed to crush Zach. Nothing had prepared him for being dumped after such a public courtship. 

  • Upvote 19
Link to post
Share on other sites
Iamtheway
13 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, Liz called off the wedding after the shower and a week before the wedding.  Bless her and congrats on her nuptials to not-Joseph.  Be happy, Liz.

Christopher Maxwell and Sarah Smith?  The poor girl had two broken courtships or engagements but she has now married elsewhere.  Very happily I hope.

Christopher and Sarah Smith broke off by mutual agreement and not much drama, IIRC.  Except Steve failed again.

Sarah's other engagement ended really badly because his Daddy broke it off.  The fiance had not the guts to do it himself and poor Sarah suffered for months.  So cruel.

 

Well I'm sure she is much better off whoever she married. Who sends their dad to do their break ups for them? Was he 10?

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Palimpsest
2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I think some of the Maxwell stuff is on the wayback machine. 

I can never find things on that. :(

Zach really did seem crushed.  At least he found Whitney quite quickly afterwards.

With the Maxwells, I really think the person most upset when Joseph got dumped was Steve!

He was furious because to have her run for the hills after all that fasting and praying, praying and fasting, and all - it meant God was wrong!  The Maxwells had been rejected, not just Joe - who barely knew Liz anyway.  They had only met a few times.

Steve was humiliated.  And it showed.  

 

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
formergothardite

I remember that picture of Joseph and Liz where Liz was leaning towards him and he was almost leaning away from her. I don't think Joseph was particularly attached to Liz, she was just someone his dad told him to marry. Steve's pride was crushed. His carefully controlled life was messed up and he had to admit failure. 

Nathan Bates seemed pretty upset over his failed courtship too. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Carm_88
45 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Nathan Bates seemed pretty upset over his failed courtship too. 

Nathan was quite crushed. It was hard to see. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone

All these failed courtships, courtships are to protect ones heart, right?  So what is the difference of a broken courtship or a break up of a dating couple? Shouldn't you fall in love ? Is it all for purity standards and you can't really give away a piece of your heart if you don't don't put the outty into the inny?

  • Upvote 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
vspielman
On 3/4/2017 at 10:14 AM, singsingsing said:

Oh, and Josh proposed to Anna in a seafood restaurant with a bunch of balloons. 

Just THIS.  I was rewatching Kid Farm again the other day for the gazillionth time and the "recreation" of that blessed moment still makes me laugh like a fool.  That whole damn little series still makes me laugh like a fool.

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Destiny locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • HarryPotterFan

      HarryPotterFan

      Happy Shavuot to all those who celebrate! I have no idea why, but for some reason God commands us to eat ice cream. Well, dairy. So eat cheese! Eat pizza! Eat ice cream! Eat cheesecake! It has no calories because God commands us to do so!
      · 5 replies
    • Jinder Roles

      Jinder Roles

      I know it’s just a beauty contest but this is the 4th time Jamaica was snubbed in favour of 5 contestants who were clones (with the exception of Peru) 
      Still can’t believe Mexico won. Even Olivia Culpo was looking at the results confused😂
      Shoutout to Haiti, Canada, Thailand and Myanmar who were also snubbed. 
      · 0 replies
    • Mela99

      Mela99

      I really love gobs.
      · 1 reply
    • EmCatlyn

      EmCatlyn

      Tired and confused,
      · 0 replies
    • Jinder Roles

      Jinder Roles

      I've somehow invested in this year's Miss Universe pageant. After watching the prelims my favorites are: 
      1. Jamaica (naturally lol but she's doing well)
      2. Haiti (love her energy) 
      3. Great Britain 
      4. Bahamas 
      5. Canada (a beauty! absolutely stunning!)
      6. Japan (adorable) 
      7. Cameroon (also adorable w/ an amazing costume) 
      8. Myanmar (seems sweet)
      9. Vietnam 
      10. Thailand 
      11. USA (I'm rooting for everybody black lol) 
      Not a fan of these but I think they'll place: South Africa, Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Peru, Australia, Denmark, Ireland, Dom Rep. 
      If they make Zozi (the current Ms. Universe) give the crown to a white girl from Pretoria, I will scream. 
      · 1 reply
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?  »  church_of_dog

      I just made a lovely discovery! Type a colon, then a ) without any spaces. Then type a space. 
          
      I am ridiculously happy to discover this! (I also have a nagging feeling that I should have figured this out sooner...)
      · 11 replies
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      I’ve got a pack of rude sixth graders this morning. Ugh. 
      · 6 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      Aren't I too old to forget to eat lunch?  
      So now....do eat a late salad and be cranky before bed because I want dinner and it's too late to eat or....do I tough out the afternoon cranky at my desk and eat dinner?  
      The dilemma is real.  
      · 3 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      2nd Pfizer tomorrow!
      · 10 replies
    • Workingmom

      Workingmom

      So excited, happy. Finally I got my vaccination appointment. The first on the 26th of May , the second on my birthday.  Staying at home is no option, because I work in healthcare, with very close patientcontact. (I make mammograms). Hopefully I can relax a bit more after my vaccination and let the anxiety go.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.