IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 5: Engagment on the Horizon

choralcrusader8613

19 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Re: the bolded, I personally think this gets to the heart of things.  The family really doesn't get that Josh has some serious issues nor do they understand the real impact on family members (sisters, Anna, kids) therefore they also have issues.  I mean seriously deep down get it.  Agree for the sake of their psychological health the best thing would be to cancel the show and focus on real healing not tossing Josh into Jesus Jail with a lick and a promise that it's going to fix him.   By ignoring all this, and trying to continue the show with the bad boy edited out because $$$ they continue to perpetuate the damage on a number of levels.   

The family is is about protecting each other and sealing the brand.  Everyone is like that in that family.  At the same time I have not seen one picture except that picture with Jessa, Ben and Maise's mother and Josh and Anna sitting at a picnic table when Jessa was expecting Henry.  It is almost like Josh doesn't exist ...now is this truly true ? He must be around when they are all at the house....what is really happening....

If he went away truly I would be ecstatic - perhaps Peru 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is that the Duggars never saw the molestation as a big deal. Before the scandal broke, Josh was front and center for every event. They paraded him around as the golden child. They could not understand why the public was horrified and wouldn't let it go. 

The only reason they may be upset with him now is because the Ashley Madison fiasco ruined their attempts at making it seem that the Duggars were still the perfect Christian Family. Notice that in the early counting on episodes, the focus was on how the Josh's cheating affected everyone, not the molestation. Cheating seems to be worse than molestation to them. 

i think they hide Josh in the background because the public will not let the molestation issue slide. They can't control that. I don't doubt he is at every event and the family is fine with it. If they were shunning him, it wasn't because of the molestation, it was the cheating. They probably think, he went to Jesus rehab and therefore he will never cheat again. So he has been cured. they believe the molestation as just a boys will be boys thing.

In their family Josh was the one who was put up on a pedestal. Nothing he could do the was wrong. They could not understand why people were so mad about the molestation thing.   If the Ashley Madison hack had not come out I'm confinced Josh would still be cheating. 

I wonder if Josh gets why the public won't let it go. He's been outside the compound so he experienced normal people. Does he understand that it is a problem? 

1 hour ago, Pasta said:

I wonder if Josh gets why the public won't let it go. He's been outside the compound so he experienced normal people. Does he understand that it is a problem? 

I highly doubt it. He probably dose not understand why the outside world dosen't treat like the king he thinks he is. 

I haven't been following the threads and I'm lazy. Can someone tell me if there have been any new episodes this month?

On 3/11/2017 at 6:46 PM, calimojo said:

I don't think Josh is close with any of his siblings, even before the scandal broke.  The older kids all knew about his actions, so I think they were already distanced from him.  Even without knowing about the scandals,  I never had the impression that Josh was close with his brothers at all.  JD and Joe seemed closer.  I remember they stayed behind at the TTH together while Josie was in the hospital and the rest of the family lived in Little Rock. 

BTW,  do we know if JB paid out of pocket for Josie's care?  Do they have private insurance?  Did JD have to pay for that rental home?   Or Did TLC pay for it

If "that rental" do you mean did Jim-Bob have to pay for the Little Rock Clinton Party House that once belonged to a b.c. supporter? No, of course not. TLC paid. Do you mean did John David pay for his house--he worked for it.

3 hours ago, Pasta said:

I truly doubt Josh understands or comprehends what he did and why it came out

46 minutes ago, nst said:

I truly doubt Josh understands or comprehends what he did and why it came out

Yes, TOTALLY, his sense of entitlement is amazing. And after all, he was allowed to stay in the home with his victims. So why should he understand that women are valuable and important? I'll stop now for the good of the order. 

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

I haven't been following the threads and I'm lazy. Can someone tell me if there have been any new episodes this month?

The show is on hiatus until the Summer.

The Duggars obviously thought the molestation was bad (not as bad as the rest of us though and mostly for other reasons then the rest of us, but still bad). They also thought that Jesus camp and praying was enough to make everything better (which I think all of us disagrees with).

So for them the molestation was someting bad that happend in the past that they had dealt with and thought would never come out. 

So when it did come out they were angry about it coming out while the rest of us (for wich the molestation was news) were angry about the act and then the piss poor reaction from JB and M. 

The cheating though was news for them as well. And it embarrassed them and showed the world that they were in fact not better then anyone else (Surprise!) and that their stupid rules were no good. It went against everything they believe in and it was a betrayal not only of Anna and the M-kids but the whole family, the cult and the show.

And maybe they also, at least on some level, realised that their dealings with the molestation hadn't been great, that they had failed as parents and that Josh was still in need of help? 

Probably not though since they just sent him to a new Jesus camp. 

They will be just as surprised and angry the next time he screws up. While the rest uf us will not be surprised at all. 

On 3/11/2017 at 5:46 PM, calimojo said:

BTW,  do we know if JB paid out of pocket for Josie's care?  Do they have private insurance?  Did JD have to pay for that rental home?   Or Did TLC pay for it

No way in hades that Boob paid out of pocket, the total bill for Josie and Mechelle had to be at least a million dollars. I was a health insurance underwriter in a past life, and premature baby care was one of the most if not the most costly of medical interventions.

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

The Duggars obviously thought the molestation was bad (not as bad as the rest of us though and mostly for other reasons then the rest of us, but still bad). They also thought that Jesus camp and praying was enough to make everything better (which I think all of us disagrees with).

So for them the molestation was someting bad that happend in the past that they had dealt with and thought would never come out. 

So when it did come out they were angry about it coming out while the rest of us (for wich the molestation was news) were angry about the act and then the piss poor reaction from JB and M. 

The cheating though was news for them as well. And it embarrassed them and showed the world that they were in fact not better then anyone else (Surprise!) and that their stupid rules were no good. It went against everything they believe in and it was a betrayal not only of Anna and the M-kids but the whole family, the cult and the show.

And maybe they also, at least on some level, realised that their dealings with the molestation hadn't been great, that they had failed as parents and that Josh was still in need of help? 

Probably not though since they just sent him to a new Jesus camp. 

They will be just as surprised and angry the next time he screws up. While the rest uf us will not be surprised at all. 

THis times 1000! Sums it all up nicely

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

They will be just as surprised and angry the next time he screws up. While the rest uf us will not be surprised at all

ITA on this.  Just as family thought that the poor handling of Josh's molestations was an issue that was "all taken care of" and that sending Josh to Jesus Jail will make him the right proper, faithful husband, they will be just shocked, shocked when Josh messes up again.    There's been no effective dealing with the issues here.    They still don't get it.

God created Satan to test the faith of Gods word to his chosen.  Adams disobedience is what led to the fall of mankind.  A new creature, new Adam must come incorruptible, then Satan is kicked out because no more temptation needed.  Temptations become more powerful than wisdom after Adam and Eve fall.  Cain is an example of that. The first to lie to God.  Lying out of all sins is the worst one believe it or not.  Anyone who loves one.

satan represents lying, thieving, murdering, perverted or basically a fallen man... But why that is ..is because of Adam and Jesus is the new Adam.  New Testament, new word, messiah

its common sense, Gods WORD, so lying (words) are the most repulsive to God out of anything bc even Jesus on the cross - murdered.  The word is eternal not the blood.  So everyone on earth is the biggest sinner as most have told a lie.  

Or cain lied to God about Abel, knowing he had killed him.  God started hearing from the dead.  which is against gods law.  God still heard from Abel.  Jesus talks about that in NT.  So you blame Adam.  Josh needs therapy, counting on should have walked thru that process if it wanted to be helpful bc many adolescents do that.  

12 minutes ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

God created Satan to test the faith of Gods word to his chosen.  Adams disobedience is what led to the fall of mankind.  A new creature, new Adam must come incorruptible, then Satan is kicked out because no more temptation needed.  Temptations become more powerful than wisdom after Adam and Eve fall.  Cain is an example of that. The first to lie to God.  Lying out of all sins is the worst one believe it or not.  Anyone who loves one.

satan represents lying, thieving, murdering, perverted or basically a fallen man... But why that is ..is because of Adam and Jesus is the new Adam.  New Testament, new word, messiah

Well, I hope that answers your question, @Pasta

And as if hints are needed, if God still heard from Abel, although he was murdered, he wasn't dead.  Why? Because he had eternal life through Gods word.  Just like Jesus

the point being to defeat death is by being alive in Christ.  To God, who is eternal, You can't sleep (die) your way to heaven you must wake up.  Also you can't really blame Adam.  You can resist the devil but blaming the devil for your disobedience is not right either bc that makes the devil seem powerful when you do have a choice to be one way or the other.  Most are on the fence as Jesus says in NT or Jesus explains the entire Bible in the NT.  Or what happened. Just like those on Easter Island had no book of Gods word but they still devoted their lives to worship the stone statues that they had to use all their natural resources to build and move.  Their worship led to extinction.  But the statues last!  Hmm Idolatry 

Now if they had the Word of God, nothing man made is holy to him.  So therefore statue worship wouldn't be attempted by followers and those people may have made it there and migrated to other places like every other people who had wisdom 

46 minutes ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

And as if hints are needed, if God still heard from Abel, although he was murdered, he wasn't dead.  Why? Because he had eternal life through Gods word.  Just like Jesus

Like, I'm a fundie, and you have me scratching my head. 

Wow. I've never tried psychedelic drugs, but now I almost feel like I have. :obscene-smokingweed: (Closest I could find.)

49 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Like, I'm a fundie, and you have me scratching my head. 

That's the only way a person should be upon introduction, I suppose. A head scratch.  Liked or disliked.  Some people love to be scratched, some people just feel the itch.  

Bottom line..Josh is at fault but we must be mindful the law is a high bar 

Why is it that I'm associated to the hash pipe?

19 minutes ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

That's the only way a person should be upon introduction, I suppose. A head scratch.  Liked or disliked.  Some people love to be scratched, some people just feel the itch.  

Bottom line..Josh is at fault but we must be mindful the law is a high bar 

You have to be Jaden Smith. Seriously, what?

33 minutes ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

Your style of posting reminds me of either stream-of-consciousness writing or of someone who might be partaking of a mind-altering substance. Perhaps I should give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just like being cryptic.

4 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

the point being to defeat death is by being alive in Christ.  To God, who is eternal, You can't sleep (die) your way to heaven you must wake up.  Also you can't really blame Adam.  You can resist the devil but blaming the devil for your disobedience is not right either bc that makes the devil seem powerful when you do have a choice to be one way or the other.  Most are on the fence as Jesus says in NT or Jesus explains the entire Bible in the NT.  Or what happened. Just like those on Easter Island had no book of Gods word but they still devoted their lives to worship the stone statues that they had to use all their natural resources to build and move.  Their worship led to extinction.  But the statues last!  Hmm Idolatry 

Now if they had the Word of God, nothing man made is holy to him.  So therefore statue worship wouldn't be attempted by followers and those people may have made it there and migrated to other places like every other people who had wisdom 

Have you been to a Hindu temple? The places are filled with statues of gods. And yet India is the world's second most populous nation and one of the fastest-growing economies, despite only a tiny minority of Indians being Christian.

6 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

Just like those on Easter Island had no book of Gods word but they still devoted their lives to worship the stone statues that they had to use all their natural resources to build and move.  Their worship led to extinction.  But the statues last!  Hmm Idolatry 

And you are wrong about Easter Island. Again. 

http://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2013/12/09/249728994/what-happened-on-easter-island-a-new-even-scarier-scenario

Your story of Satan isn't from the Bible. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived