IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 5: Engagment on the Horizon

choralcrusader8613

On 3/8/2017 at 10:46 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

All these failed courtships, courtships are to protect ones heart, right?  So what is the difference of a broken courtship or a break up of a dating couple? Shouldn't you fall in love ? Is it all for purity standards and you can't really give away a piece of your heart if you don't don't put the outty into the inny?

One is cult-speak the other is honesty.

Congratulations to whoever called it that Joseph was courting one of that preacher's girls! So later in the season I expect a 2nd courtship to be announced to insure YET another season of boredom.

We'll see Joe saying "whatever what's-her-name wants is fine by me--weddings is wimin's big thing. I got oil to change and all to 'port us in the 'rent house [that is conveniently vacated by the growing Bin-family and that is conveniently set up for filming]. OR they will show the trashed house they cleaned up years ago and JB "wisely" propagandizing that "this might be one of y'all's house some day'. Future-Mrs-Joseph (who please God will NOT call him f-in g BABE) saying it's perfect and how precious that Future-Headship made it so nice.

Joe will briefly explain why college at Crown wasn't for him, he felt God leading him to work on a used car lot instead. Then he will be shown doing something manly like changing a tire. Whatshername will gaze adoringly at him as he talks about buying used and saving the difference on manly crap like cars and Stairmasters. She will pick something awful like foral print dresses for her zillion bridesmaids and they will have a roller grill food bar for their wedding reception in a cow pasture or something. 

Meanwhile cameras will cleverly cut to the OTHER already courting couple who will be announced mid-season and the time line fudged again.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

One is cult-speak the other is honesty.

Congratulations to whoever called it that Joseph was courting one of that preacher's girls! So later in the season I expect a 2nd courtship to be announced to insure YET another season of boredom.

We'll see Joe saying "whatever what's-her-name wants is fine by me--weddings is wimin's big thing. I got oil to change and all to 'port us in the 'rent house [that is conveniently vacated by the growing Bin-family and that is conveniently set up for filming]. OR they will show the trashed house they cleaned up years ago and JB "wisely" propagandizing that "this might be one of y'all's house some day'. Future-Mrs-Joseph (who please God will NOT call him f-in g BABE) saying it's perfect and how precious that Future-Headship made it so nice.

Joe will briefly explain why college at Crown wasn't for him, he felt God leading him to work on a used car lot instead. Then he will be shown doing something manly like changing a tire. Whatshername will gaze adoringly at him as he talks about buying used and saving the difference on manly crap like cars and Stairmasters. She will pick something awful like foral print dresses for her zillion bridesmaids and they will have a roller grill food bar for their wedding reception in a cow pasture or something. 

Meanwhile cameras will cleverly cut to the OTHER already courting couple who will be announced mid-season and the time line fudged again.

I forgot about Clown College.

Watch for Jospeh to have a Phd  in his bio.

So are they going to change the title of the show to "Counting On: Marrying Teenagers" for the new season or...

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

So are they going to change the title of the show to "Counting On: Marrying Teenagers" for the new season or...

Considering they used to say "Jill and Jessa, Countin On" and then just moved to "Counting On" I think we do need a new title.  I propose, "Counting Down, Marrying off all the Duggars over 17.... Except Jana(we need her to run things)"

34 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

How long did they court before she broke it off?  

http://people.com/tv/19-kids-and-counting-josiah-duggar-ends-courtship-with-marjorie-jackson/

According to what the Duggars told People, 4 months. 

ETA: Wow, I didn't realize how close in time him ending the courtship and them losing the show was.  Basically within days of each other if you read the article.  

I always thought she ran because of the joshley scandal. It was always close to me to be anything else. Now may have it been broken outside of it? Possibly, but the timing is super suspect.

I feel like the title should be "Counting On...My Kids Reality Show For My Retirement, the Jimbob Duggar Story"

That ABC clip was glorious. The Joshley smugness. The lack of touching during courtship. Housework songs for indoctrinating young girls while boys get to do fun outdoor activities. Loving it.

On 3/8/2017 at 9:46 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

All these failed courtships, courtships are to protect ones heart, right?  So what is the difference of a broken courtship or a break up of a dating couple? 

I would feel that a broken courtship is so much worse. If you're just dating, you're just dating. But if you are in a courtship there is a lot of promise there. It's like being engaged to be engaged - which is why Joe gave his girl a promise ring. 

4 hours ago, JMO said:

Considering they used to say "Jill and Jessa, Countin On" and then just moved to "Counting On" I think we do need a new title.  I propose, "Counting Down, Marrying off all the Duggars over 17.... Except Jana(we need her to run things)"

Why stop at 17?  They can set aside husbands for the lost girls. Sign forms and all that.  Then wait until they  reach the age of consent in Arkansas.

5 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I feel like the title should be "Counting On...My Kids Reality Show For My Retirement, the Jimbob Duggar Story"

Damn it- I thought the same thing when I heard about Joe's courtship...JB is trying to expand HIS base as quickly as he can- it's payback time.

6 hours ago, Jilli said:

I always thought she ran because of the joshley scandal. It was always close to me to be anything else. Now may have it been broken outside of it? Possibly, but the timing is super suspect.

I'm sure it had everything to do with it.  Her parents must have pulled out all the stops to talk her out of it.  

She still hangs out with the family sometimes.  So maybe they just mutually agreed to split up, and then remained friends.  I think she might have been a good fit for Josiah.  She was perky, musical, into theater and I could see Josiah the ham, enjoying that.  But,  Perhaps, a future of watching Josiah, an obviously bright kid, settle for doing handywork for his dad, rather than pursuing a real job/career was enough to change her mind. 

Her Parents were friends of the duggars so I would imagine they already knew about Josh's midnight specials.  It was talked about fairly openly in their circle of freaks. 

The only thing I've learned from watching counting on is Christian hip hop is not my thing and I even equate Ben to that in my mind now and his image has dimmed to me somewhat.   before people judge, this isn't racial, I'm not a fan of country or folk either.  

The other thing I've learned is that John David is becoming the most interesting on the show.  I never knew he had a sense of humor.  

i'm beginning to think they're holding on to jana til ratings drop and then release a 'surprise! jana's courting!' into the mix.

because let's be honest here, that's what we're all waiting for, aren't we?

For my ultimate fantasy episode of Counting On, not only is the surprise that Jana is courting (or just moving out on her own because she wants to) but that her good friend Sarah Maxwell visits and is also courting or started a life of her own in some fashion. The two friends laugh together. 

I don't know. I always knew John David had a sense of humor. I wasn't too thrilled by what I saw in the early days. Wasn't it JD who filled Josh's wedding get away car with stuff? balloons, but something destructive, too? And wrapped someone else's in cling wrap? Wasn't that why some of his siblings rented getaway cars, so that he couldn't do anything to them?

6 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

i'm beginning to think they're holding on to jana til ratings drop and then release a 'surprise! jana's courting!' into the mix.

because let's be honest here, that's what we're all waiting for, aren't we?

I think Jana refused to cave to the arranged marriage thing. and i do think that is what's going on here, that it is a part of the whole cult.

Going back to the ABC clip, I had completely forgotten that Michael had a guy approach her parents at 16. Wow. I wonder how many guys JB has turned away. 

8 hours ago, JMO said:

Going back to the ABC clip, I had completely forgotten that Michael had a guy approach her parents at 16. Wow. I wonder how many guys JB has turned away. 

I would think a lot. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived