IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

12 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I enjoy Duggar snark as much as the next person, and goodness knows I've snarked on my share of trivial things on this board, but the calculations and speculations of this type: "oh noes, if she'd waited six months, that would mean she wouldn't have a baby until Februmayvember 2020, and I don't like the shape of Austin's face so he's totally going to want sixteen children instead of only three, poor dear Joy" seem so ridiculous.  And fake-concerned.

:pb_lol: You nailed it.

And yeah, I'm pretty much with you. In terms of limiting family size, since they have no reproductive choice, of course it would have been better for Joy to wait till she was 30 to get married. But how likely was that to happen? As for her being a 'teen bride', eh. Nothing magical happens when you turn 20, especially in this cult. I agree with everyone who said there's basically no difference in terms of maturity or life experience for these people whether they get married at 19 or 29. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

Yes, obviously they are young, but seriously - would waiting one, two, even three years have any noticeable effect on Joy's maturity? No. She'd be exactly the same, & exactly as ill-prepared for marriage. At least now she's getting out of the house.

That is a fairly good point. I still remember Jill and Jessa in their early days of marriage: Jessa cooking the oven manual and Jill being nervous to prepare food for just two people and being very restless not knowing what to do with all her new free time while Dereck was at work. They seemed just as young and confused about moving away from home as I did when I started college at 18 (the big difference being that I wasn't married and actually doing something).

Joy could (and should?) have waited until she was 22-24, but I don't know if that would have made any difference. The type of life-experiences that you get living at home with the Duggars are very limited.

20 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

These two have known each other much longer than other courting kids had known each other before they got engaged.

My only issue with this - we know how much fundies enforce gender rules so how well do they know each other? Were they just in the same room a few times? I doubt Joy was allowed to play with him as a child. 

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

My only issue with this - we know how much fundies enforce gender rules so how well do they know each other? Were they just in the same room a few times? I doubt Joy was allowed to play with him as a child. 

Be that as it may, it's still significantly more time spent together than any of the other kidults had before courting. 

I'm sad overall over this one. Jana, Jinger, Jennifer, and Joy are my favorites. I was sad over Jinger but more so over this one. I like how Jinger and Jeremy are off of social media and so far to our knowledge not expecting yet. Like others on here, I have a son that is 19(20 in a couple of weeks) and a daughter that is 22. I would be quite upset if either of them told me they were going to get married. Both are in college and that is were they should be, not getting married!

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think the fact that she's 4 years younger than him she probably got t to hang around him more than if she were the same age as him, watching him interact with her brothers. If they were the same age they would probably be more self conscious and JB&M would watch her more. They were probably less guarded and saw the other realistically. I have no idea what he's like as a person but I can't judge him based only on what we've seen so far.

I think this also means we get more pictures of Jana cooking and showing us her true contentment which is always painful to see. 

overall this still disturbs me over a good nights sleep.

Is this the end of it.   Jill needs to come back now in two months unless they do the wedding planning together over skpe and then Jill will have earned her money from TLC  - that would be an amusing episode Joy and Jill talking over skype endlessly with a camera crew in tow

1 hour ago, shiverful said:

That is a fairly good point. I still remember Jill and Jessa in their early days of marriage: Jessa cooking the oven manual and Jill being nervous to prepare food for just two people and being very restless not knowing what to do with all her new free time while Dereck was at work. They seemed just as young and confused about moving away from home as I did when I started college at 18 (the big difference being that I wasn't married and actually doing something).

Joy could (and should?) have waited until she was 22-24, but I don't know if that would have made any difference. The type of life-experiences that you get living at home with the Duggars are very limited.

not to mention when Jill was newly pregnant newly married and while Derick was at work - feather dusting the stairs in the mc mansion and she looked so sad. 

9 hours ago, Destiny said:

Yes, I stumbled on that the other day, looking for Josh McD who is quite obscure, and was very impressed.  I knew it existed but didn't know who was working on it.  An enormous amount of work has done on it since the last time I looked.

Many thanks, @Bethella.  That is an enormous undertaking.

14 hours ago, Galbin said:

The end of this has some hand sex moments. 2:37 onwards.

Also, the wedding episode has it too. I can't find a part one.

Well done.  You are obviously much better at finding videos than I am!

Can you find the episode where engaged Josh and Anna, and JD and Jana "double date" to see the Kirk Cameron move and have dinner afterwards.  It's the same episode where Josh says "this is Arkansas" about using the term double date with his brother and sister, which is incredibly creepy in hind sight.

Josh and Anna can't let go of each other's hands even to eat - so they are picking up pizza with one hand while their other hands are positively humping on the tablecloth.

All of the details of these relationships/encounters are strategically released in an effort to maximize earning potential and continue the livelihood of the $how. 

Jon Gosselin said it best- having to strike while the iron was hot in order to get the greate$t return.

3 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Right, I understand that, but so, why? Because she might end up with two or three more soldiers for the Lord's little army? Or are we "worried" about the havoc that two or three extra children might wreak on her poor childbearing body? It's completely idle speculation as to how many kids these girls are going to have and I think it's ridiculous to assume they're all going to be as fertile as their mother.  Even if they did, are we really worried that Joy might now potentially have, say, 21 kids are opposed to "only" 18 or 17? 

I enjoy Duggar snark as much as the next person, and goodness knows I've snarked on my share of trivial things on this board, but the calculations and speculations of this type: "oh noes, if she'd waited six months, that would mean she wouldn't have a baby until Februmayvember 2020, and I don't like the shape of Austin's face so he's totally going to want sixteen children instead of only three, poor dear Joy" seem so ridiculous.  And fake-concerned.

Oh no I don't really care if she waited 6 more months to get engaged. Six years would be good, lol. She just happens to be the youngest engaged Duggar so it's what people will comment on. 

Please Joy-Anna, do not humiliate your big sister by having her be your maid of honor. Please choose Jill or a family friend. Jana being the maid of honor at 27 to her 18 yo sister and having to sew bridesmaids dresses will annoy me.

2 minutes ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Please Joy-Anna, do not humiliate your big sister by having her be your maid of honor. Please choose Jill or a family friend. Jana being the maid of honor at 27 to her 18 yo sister and having to sew bridesmaids dresses will annoy me.

I don't think she'd choose Jana. I think she'd go with either Jill or Carlin Bates. 

I hope she chooses Carlin.  We don't need to see another dilldick dip...

Jill will be in the party and no doubt Derick will do the same damned thing. I think it's likely Derick will be in the party as well, since Jill and Joy are close

20 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

This is making me so sad. The only thing I've seen of Austin is the strictest parents show where they were shown to be full fledged gothardites. 

He scares me the most. When he said "she has the right responses" IT was like he was talking about a horse behaving properly during training.  Coupled with his strict upbringing....He scares me because I think he will strangle the life out of her.

1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Please, refresh my memory and let me know if I am right. Jana was Jill's maid of honor. Right? Jessa and Jinger were each others? Sorry, I cant kept track as well as some of you. :) The other item I was wondering about was Johannah was in Jinger's wedding and that was a first for her being a bridesmaid. Is that right?  The flower girl, I just cant remember for any of them. Have they each had Josie or multiply flower girls from among the little girls?

will J&A continue to be part of the show like J&B? or thy will move to the camp and stay under the radar? if Austin will be duggarise like Ben and Derick, maybe he will let her be more "free" than papa Forsyth. i dunno just hoping that everything will go in the better way. the line is low i know, wen you coud choose btw duggar compound or Forsyth camp 

I'll say what I always say, I wish them the best and a lifetime of happiness.  I'm excited to see her dress and see who her bridesmaids are.  I'm still holding out hope Jana or John David are next.  Someone on the Counting On Facebook page said 27 was a spinster I just had to roll my eyes

9 minutes ago, Jaedzia said:

Please, refresh my memory and let me know if I am right. Jana was Jill's maid of honor. Right? Jessa and Jinger were each others? Sorry, I cant kept track as well as some of you. :) The other item I was wondering about was Johannah was in Jinger's wedding and that was a first for her being a bridesmaid. Is that right?  The flower girl, I just cant remember for any of them. Have they each had Josie or multiply flower girls from among the little girls?

You're right about the MOH. Johannah was in Jill's wedding as a bridesmaid as well as Jinger's. Jinger and Jill had Josie (Jill had Jennifer to Josie as FGs), and Jessa just had Faith Seewald (Ben's little sister) and Jordyn-Grace as FGs.

13 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I feel bad for Joy.  Jill, Jessa, and Jinger all got People and poor Miss Joy Anna got US weekly. :( So when does the next season start?  I feel it will be like two seasons ago, no wedding prep just courting with a rushed wedding edit and all the planning the following season.  

That's the stupidest thing you could ever feel sorry for someone about.

25 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

will J&A continue to be part of the show like J&B? or thy will move to the camp and stay under the radar? if Austin will be duggarise like Ben and Derick, maybe he will let her be more "free" than papa Forsyth. i dunno just hoping that everything will go in the better way. the line is low i know, wen you coud choose btw duggar compound or Forsyth camp 

From the start I have thought that JB has allowed this at such a young age because he knows Austin's dad is just as strict as him or stricter. And they've known this family for many years. So Boob knows Austin's dad will keep her in line at the camp where they will most likely live and work. 

19 minutes ago, freethemall said:

That's the stupidest thing you could ever feel sorry for someone about.

Thanks for your input into my mental thoughts.  Have a blessed day!

13 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

I feel bad for Joy.  Jill, Jessa, and Jinger all got People and poor Miss Joy Anna got US weekly. :( So when does the next season start?  I feel it will be like two seasons ago, no wedding prep just courting with a rushed wedding edit and all the planning the following season.  

Jinger's engagement was US Weekly too, and then People got the wedding. 

So the talk over on the tumblrs (yes, I am a grown adult with a tumblr account that purely for following fundies...) is speculating that the wedding will take place either on the weekend of April 29th or June 5-8th, because the Fort Rock website shows those dates are already reserved. I'm guessing ends of April, because it seems the Duggars err on the side of too short engagements rather than longer ones.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived