IGNORED

Dillards 26 - Grifting All The Way!

choralcrusader8613

6 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

They probably haven't blown through the money they make off TLC,

Forgive me if someone else has already posted this, but how do we know ANY of the kidults actually get a check from TLC?  I have a sneaking suspicion JBD controls the income, and everyone just gets an allowance.  

If the kidults had regular income from TLC, wouldn't some of them *possibly* have moved on to their own version of their lives?  Why stick around, unless financially hindered?

Not sure this is even legal, but who knows what sort of contract was worked out.

Or, I could be completely off base.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

If Josiah had something that they found embarrassing or whatever, then why mention it at all?

They mentioned it in their first book to explain why they happened to be in Little Rock at the time of a rally against partial-birth abortion.

1 hour ago, snickerz said:

Doesn't a birth defect mean that God made a mistake? :my_huh:

I doubt our fundie friends would think of it that way, He doesn't make mistakes...some might secretly think of it as punishment

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

Forgive me if someone else has already posted this, but how do we know ANY of the kidults actually get a check from TLC?  I have a sneaking suspicion JBD controls the income, and everyone just gets an allowance.  

If the kidults had regular income from TLC, wouldn't some of them *possibly* have moved on to their own version of their lives?  Why stick around, unless financially hindered?

Not sure this is even legal, but who knows what sort of contract was worked out.

Or, I could be completely off base.

I don't think that TLC would be paying JB directly. They may have trusts set up where the kids can't touch it til they are 30+ and JB could skim a percentage as their manager and agent. And maybe they get monthly checks/allotments to spend. Or maybe all their checks go into a business JB has set up, but since they are adults I think they are paid a standard amount per season as other reality shows do and that their guests are paid per appearance.

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Jill is what, 4 months PG? The most critical time in terms of Zika exposure is during the first trimester. After that developmental time period, I'm not sure how caustic Zika is to a fetus. I still think it's a stupid time for them to gallivant off to CA, and lean towards them running away from something ( did a dish fall on the floor in NWA???). Jill is going to be useless in CA, but then again Jill is useless just about anywhere, IDK. I feel the most sorry for Izzy. This is an important time period for language development. Living between 2 countries will set him behind as it is. He needs to stay in one place for awhile. If he cannot communicate he's going to be one frustrated little boy...just what Jill doesn't need.

Here's some information:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews.com/storyline/zika-virus-outbreak/amp/study-finds-zika-damages-babies-all-stages-pregnancy-n532086?client=safari

Like you said, first trimester is the worst time period for a fetus to be affected by any illness or disorder - all the major systems are forming, which means any possible birth defects are likely to be more severe than if they developed later on. Zika can, apparently, still cause problems later in the pregnancy - including fetal death due to placental damage. That's why pregnant woman are advised against traveling to Zika defected areas regardless of what trimester they're in.

So, in my opinion, the Dills are being exceptionally stupid by going back. 

Is Jill 4 months along? That means they'll be in SCA for 3 or 4 months, since they said they'd be back for the birth. What a waste of time and money. I hope she sees a doctor, but she probably wouldn't trust anyone there. Oh, that's right, she's a midwife. She knows more than any doctor. :shakehead:

Hm, I don't see how it would be legal for TLC to sign a contract with Jim Bob whereby he receives the income earned by his adult children instead of the earners themselves. Regardless of the Duggars' beliefs, labor laws still exist, and it's illegal to obligate an adult to work without pay.

Jim Bob very well may have control over the income they earned as minors via some sort of trust, but I don't think he can just claim their earnings in perpetuity now that they're adults.

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Hm, I don't see how it would be legal for TLC to sign a contract with Jim Bob whereby he receives the income earned by his adult children instead of the earners themselves. Regardless of the Duggars' beliefs, labor laws still exist, and it's illegal to obligate an adult to work without pay.

Jim Bob very well may have control over the income they earned as minors via some sort of trust, but I don't think he can just claim their earnings in perpetuity now that they're adults.

The adults may have contracts but whether they are actually allowed control over their money or if this money is given to them and then handed right back over to Jim Bob is another story.

I would think TLC could legally pay anyone the adult children gave permission for them to pay. If the funds are direct deposited, TLC just has to have a routing and account number, right?  TLC wouldn't necessarily have information as to who has access to the account.

My guess is there's a family trust that the funds go into.  I don't have any evidence or anything to base that on, it's purely a guess based on how they were raised and how they live.  It's easy for me to imagine that JB feels entitled to at least a portion of the kids' money on the basis that the show wouldn't exist if not for him and Michelle (and that he could easily convince the kids of that too). And, I mean, their entire lives are about not allowing the kids to have privacy and autonomy.  I'm not sure why that would change now.  

Some days without freejinger and derjill are going back to ca. What the hell are they thinking? So many of you wrote the same, but 24000 dollars for four months? I need to work minimum six months and have to pay taxes for it. Holy shit i should quit my job and become a fake missionary like them . I could go to arkansas preaching about birth control and feminism. I could write some papers and give them to those weird fundie families who live there:my_angel:.  These people make me angry! 

A part of me feels sorry for Jill. I know it is the life she chose but she did not have enough infos to make a wise decision. And even if she did not agree with her pistole pete headship she would never be brave enough to tell hin 'no'. This lifestyle sucks. I'm in a bad mood today. 

47 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

Some days without freejinger and derjill are going back to ca. What the hell are they thinking? So many of you wrote the same, but 24000 dollars for four months? I need to work minimum six months and have to pay taxes for it. Holy shit i should quit my job and become a fake missionary like them . I could go to arkansas preaching about birth control and feminism. I could write some papers and give them to those weird fundie families who live there:my_angel:.  These people make me angry! 

A part of me feels sorry for Jill. I know it is the life she chose but she did not have enough infos to make a wise decision. And even if she did not agree with her pistole pete headship she would never be brave enough to tell hin 'no'. This lifestyle sucks. I'm in a bad mood today. 

The funny thing is....unlike the Dills trip to CA, your mission to Arkansas wouldn't be fake.  Those fundies could use a little birth control and feminism education.  And by "a little" I mean "a lot".  

I believe the TLC money goes to some kind of business account set up by JB. I don't for one second believe anyone gets their own check from TLC. That would help fund escapes.

What was Josiah's birth defect? A sense of humor and a mind of his own. It had to be surgically removed. It appears they didn't get it all; that's why he had to spend so much time at ALERT.  Glimpses of it appeared around Marjorie; she also had to be surgically removed.

/sarcasm filter off/

This was a long time ago, mind you. I had read during a duggar-less TLC scandal that TLC prefers to give one check to the family to be split up by themselves. That said they may cut separate checks for the adults or at least the marrieds. I think they would have absolutely had too when Joshley moved to D.C. 

They unfortunately don't have to follow Jackie Coogan Law(child's actor  money protection in California). I believe TLC does this on purpose with most of the families they give shows to.

22 minutes ago, Jilli said:

This was a long time ago, mind you. I had read during a duggar-less TLC scandal that TLC prefers to give one check to the family to be split up by themselves. That said they may cut separate checks for the adults or at least the marrieds. I think they would have absolutely had too when Joshley moved to D.C. 

They unfortunately don't have to follow Jackie Coogan Law(child's actor  money protection in California). I believe TLC does this on purpose with most of the families they give shows to.

A couple of years ago Jacob Rollof had a twitter rant saying that he didn't want to be filmed as a child and his parents made him do it and that he has not seen a penny of the money he earned from being on TV. 

The Duggar kids follow their parents and don't question anything but I can see a scandal involving Kate Gosselein and some of her kids asking where all their money is.

54 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

A couple of years ago Jacob Rollof had a twitter rant saying that he didn't want to be filmed as a child and his parents made him do it and that he has not seen a penny of the money he earned from being on TV. 

The Duggar kids follow their parents and don't question anything but I can see a scandal involving Kate Gosselein and some of her kids asking where all their money is.

I actually don't see that with Kate tbh. As bitchy as she is, I think she has started college funds. She doesn't seem like someone that would leave her kids high and dry once they're 18. I get that from Jon. He's dead broke. 

I remember that Jacob Rollof business. It was ugly. That kid was not happy about his life situation. He really didn't want to be on camera and hated how he had no money. 

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Here's some information:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcnews.com/storyline/zika-virus-outbreak/amp/study-finds-zika-damages-babies-all-stages-pregnancy-n532086?client=safari

Like you said, first trimester is the worst time period for a fetus to be affected by any illness or disorder - all the major systems are forming, which means any possible birth defects are likely to be more severe than if they developed later on. Zika can, apparently, still cause problems later in the pregnancy - including fetal death due to placental damage. That's why pregnant woman are advised against traveling to Zika defected areas regardless of what trimester they're in.

So, in my opinion, the Dills are being exceptionally stupid by going back. 

Even if they stayed home, they'd still be exceptionally stupid.

I think I red somewhere that the Brown family had one check that when into their own LLC and then it was broken up between the adults. I am going to lower my previous estimate and say once the check is broken up, each individual family is getting around $3-5k per episode, if that much. Maybe TLC pays around $10-$15k per episode total. The Duggars are probably on the low end of the TLC pay scale because they are currently desperate. The Duggars have no option but to take whatever TLC offers because no other network will take them and we all know JIm Bob has intentionally raised uneducated, unmotivated children but he doesn't want to have to financially support them all forever. Let's also not forget that whatever the check they receive, they have to pay taxes, manager and agent (both likely JB) and lawyers, so they likely don't have an abundance of money but enough to pay the bills since they don't pay rent. 

As to Jill, so she isn't going to seek prenatal care while in CA? I can't see her seeing a qualified midwife or doctor while there. I guess she will use her own less than stellar midwife skills to assess her own pregnancy again. 

Going to CA seems to be an immensely stupid thing to do while pregnant, but they are getting a lot of attention...which leads to episodes.

#priorities

5 hours ago, Snarkle Motion said:

The adults may have contracts but whether they are actually allowed control over their money or if this money is given to them and then handed right back over to Jim Bob is another story.

This is the most likely scenario, the kidults get their pay, and "in exchange"   for housing for the marrieds and  room & board for the singles they have to hand over that pay check and they are given an allowance.  This is how he keeps control.  Only thing is Jeremy doesn't' NEED the show or housing so JinJer can keep their money and depending on what Joy & Austin do, they may not need housing or a "job" either.  However in Jinger & Joy's case all the money they made as adults was controlled by boob (in theory here)  he doesn't have to give them any savings, he can keep that all for himself. Or he tells them I'll parcel it out to you in small increments "when you need it" too keep them close. But, I'm not so cure I see Jeremy or Austin's father agreeing to that kind of arrangement.  this is all wild speculation on my point so who the hell knows how they do this.   

50 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I think I red somewhere that the Brown family had one check that when into their own LLC and then it was broken up between the adults. I am going to lower my previous estimate and say once the check is broken up, each individual family is getting around $3-5k per episode, if that much. Maybe TLC pays around $10-$15k per episode total. The Duggars are probably on the low end of the TLC pay scale because they are currently desperate. The Duggars have no option but to take whatever TLC offers because no other network will take them and we all know JIm Bob has intentionally raised uneducated, unmotivated children but he doesn't want to have to financially support them all forever. Let's also not forget that whatever the check they receive, they have to pay taxes, manager and agent (both likely JB) and lawyers, so they likely don't have an abundance of money but enough to pay the bills since they don't pay rent. 

As to Jill, so she isn't going to seek prenatal care while in CA? I can't see her seeing a qualified midwife or doctor while there. I guess she will use her own less than stellar midwife skills to assess her own pregnancy again. 

Well, Daddy's insurance that she can only stay on until May of this year likely doesn't cover medical care abroad (when I lived in China I had to buy a separate plan to cover any medical costs overseas, and when I moved to the UK for grad school one of my visa fees was to cover getting on NHS), and even though there are probably plenty of well-trained, English-speaking doctors in San Salvador and some other larger cities, Jill probably wouldn't trust them. I don't think she actively hates Latino people Donald Trump-style, but I get the vibe that she thinks that Central Americans are "simple" people and it's her duty to teach them the "correct" way of doing things. Whenever people call anyone or anything other than babies or the One Ring "precious", I immediately assume that they're incredibly condescending and at best inadvertently bigoted.

3 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I don't think she actively hates Latino people Donald Trump-style, but I get the vibe that she thinks that Central Americans are "simple" people and it's her duty to teach them the "correct" way of doing things. Whenever people call anyone or anything other than babies or the One Ring "precious", I immediately assume that they're incredibly condescending and at best inadvertently bigoted.

Definitely. Though I do see a lot of Trump in the Dillards. Whenever Derrick does his "there's so much violence and gang activity! I have to protect my family! It's so nice to have a wall around the hotel so we can feel safe!" routine, all I can hear is "build the wall!" and "they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists, and some, I assume, are good people."

I don't understand Derick. If it's so dangerous and scary, don't take your fucking family there. If you genuinely believe that you are there for a purpose and God will protect you, or if you're harmed in some way it's okay because you were following God's will, fine, but then shut up about how dangerous and scary it is. No one cares. No one made you move there! What kind of amazing testimony do you think dragging your pregnant wife and toddler down to Central America, complaining about how awful it is, and going into town to do Bible studies in broken Spanish once a week is? It's shit, Derick. It's shit.

Jill just doesn't look like Jill to me. She looks sad and tense. I'm concerned for her; I've found her to be one of the more bubbly and energetic Duggar's.

To me, it looks like everything she really enjoyed has been uprooted and taken away. Despite her craptastic credentials, she truly enjoyed 'helping' deliver babies. Plus there's no sparkles and unicorns for this pregnancy and it's in complete contrast to how she behaved with Israel. I hope nothing is wrong with her baby, but she's taken such a 180 that it's hard to tell.

As for her husband; well I want to chop off the man bun and stuff it in his mouth so he stops spouting hate. I fear his change comes in realizing how sheltered and childlike Jill is.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived