IGNORED

Dillards 26 - Grifting All The Way!

choralcrusader8613

I think what did it for me in knowing things weren't right was the awful gender reveal. I know i keep saying it but reveals are huge in their world. They have damn piñata parties or today show cakes or photo shoots with people magazine, ffs. They seem completely off their rocker. I can't believe even evil Jim Boob or Michelle didn't try to intervene. They seem like a different couple than they were a few years ago.

Edited to add: And the birth thing. I am as hippie-home birth as the next granola cruncher. I used to be a doula and assisted with Amish home births. But i know enough to be able to assess low risk vrs. higher risk. She should be seeing an ob/cnm this time around. Checking her own urine and fetal tones or going to the local clinic to be seen by a fellow cpm is not enough here. Anyone who knows anything about birth would know that. And she should know this. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the cut off for pregnancy and planes... Like won't Jill be unable to fly at a certain point? 

I def believe something's up but I don't really get how running to another country helped them regarding the Josh scandal, or will help them now.

11 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I think what did it for me in knowing things weren't right was the awful gender reveal. I know i keep saying it but reveals are huge in their world. They have damn piñata parties or today show cakes or photo shoots with people magazine, ffs. They seem completely off their rocker. I can't believe even evil Jim Boob or Michelle didn't try to intervene. They seem like a different couple than they were a few years ago.

(snip)

On the Duggars' fan blog it looks like they put more effort into highlighting a Valentine's Day party. That and the 12+ posts leading up to Henry's birth.

And it's not as though Jill's just being private or blasé. The lack of build-up and non-chalant gender reveal is very un-Jill. I actually miss her chalkboard. :(

17 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Edited to add: And the birth thing. I am as hippie-home birth as the next granola cruncher. I used to be a doula and assisted with Amish home births. But i know enough to be able to assess low risk vrs. higher risk. She should be seeing an ob/cnm this time around. Checking her own urine and fetal tones or going to the local clinic to be seen by a fellow cpm is not enough here. Anyone who knows anything about birth would know that. And she should know this. 

How do you tell about placenta previa without getting a good look inside? My daughter has that and is having the baby via C-section at 36 weeks because of it. My mom had it with me and nearly died, because no one knew til she went into labor on my due date.

7 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

What's the cut off for pregnancy and planes... Like won't Jill be unable to fly at a certain point? 

I def believe something's up but I don't really get how running to another country helped them regarding the Josh scandal, or will help them now.

Of course it won't help, but they can hide from the press and not have to face people who know all abput Josh/the Duggars etc every day if they don't want to. I don't think either know how to process emotions and Jill particularly has been trained to hide negative feelings or sugar coat them at least at all costs so leaving enables hiding problems, or from problems.

Everyone is speculating about illness and trouble in paradise. I don't think Derick is physically ill, he's just naturally VERY THIN throw  in some dirty and disheveled & you have right wing hippy Derrick.  I do think Jill is suffering from PPD, and they are ignoring it because God. I also think that deep down Derrick and Jill are just over the whole TV show, they want to live their nomadic lifestyle, want to use the family to get donations to live that lifestyle  but they don't want to put in the work to maintain a TV personality, even a 4th rate TV personality.  

As for the pregnancy they were living in an upscale gated community.  They DO have hospitals and doctors in SCA I'm sure they are near one semi modern hospital that can handle a standard c/section delivery, provided Jill doesn't' pull a dumb ass stunt like wait 70 hours after her water breaks to get to the hospital to deliver. 

11 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

.  They DO have hospitals and doctors in SCA I'm sure they are near one semi modern hospital that can handle a standard c/section delivery, provided Jill doesn't' pull a dumb ass stunt like wait 70 hours after her water breaks to get to the hospital to deliver. 

Well, that's a big if and I'm not sure, if she could handle that. She is a midwife you know, she knows things. 

4 hours ago, socalrules said:

Honestly, I think Derrick is a wanderer. I don't think he wants to live anything close to a conventional lifestyle. He would be happy drifting from place to place without any real responsibilities. Realistically, he doesn't take care of the responsibilities he has now. He left the real work to Jim Bob and TLC. Jill was not raised to take care of her family in any other manner than cooking, cleaning, raising babies and obeying her husband. I don't think she wants to go back to CA but will bow to the whims of her loser husband, even if it is to her detriment.

Anyone figure out why they need $24k for four months in the field? Seems like you could live nicely for a few years down in CA with that amount of money. I don't get why any of the leghumpers don't question why the Dillard's don't use the money they make from Counting On for their trip. Since Jim Bob seems to pay for their living expenses while in Arkansas, they make more than enough per season to pay their own way in CA. Although they don't make Kardashian money, each family is likely making enough to at least live a decent middle class lifestyle in Arkansas. I say this as someone who does not believe they are making a crap load of money off this show. 

I am on the train that the $24 k is for a c section. I also think that Derick is a wanderer and has no qualms about dragging his 21  children around the world.   There was a movie called the Mosquito Coast with Harrison Ford... this is Derick in 10 years. 

They go off the deep end and the wife copes by acting out. 

Going back to the Palin conversation in the last thread... yes, I know that younger women can have Down's babies. My doctor told me that they're most common for mothers aged 30-35, because they don't get tested and have abortions like older women do. Also, I looked up the dates, and Bristol was two weeks along when her brother was born, assuming she had a normal-length pregnancy. I still think that both facts suggest that Sarah is Trig's mother. Besides, why would they lie about it when they were totally okay with Bristol having a baby a few months later?

1 hour ago, backyard sylph said:

How do you tell about placenta previa without getting a good look inside? My daughter has that and is having the baby via C-section at 36 weeks because of it. My mom had it with me and nearly died, because no one knew til she went into labor on my due date.

I'm not sure. I think bleeding is common and you would tell by ultrasound?

Just now, fluffernutter said:

I'm not sure. I think bleeding is common and you would tell by ultrasound?

Thank you. I just don't know which procedures various groups do who don't participate in mainstream medicine, so I wonder in general, and now it is on my mind specifically. I guess she'd know by now if that was a possibility with this pregnancy, as she did get a boutique ultrasound and see a doctor at least once.

It just never really hit home about the danger my mother was in, even though the story includes "save my wife" when my dad was asked to choose between us, until I learned of my daughter's situation. So I even worry for tiresome stuck Jill.

I feel that if they were the other kind of "celebrity couple" they'd probably be talking of "conscious uncoupling" by now, but maybe they'll figure things out and make something better of it all. Hope springs.

Being wandering nomads is great for people who can actually live minimally and with few if any children. These two are grifting so that they can live a comfy lifestyle, even in scary merika. They aren't doing any real missionary work, they are flitting around, finger pointing, preaching Jesus, candy giving and at the end of the day patting themselves on the back about how good they are.  I'm still disgusted by them not atleast learning the language. Jill is so much like JB and his BS in this respect. Remember her with all her signs and her 'spanish lessons' yet she still can't speak basic Spanish. It just burns me, the laziness of these people, more so because I speak several languages fluently and can understand enough of a few others to get by if I am in that country. Also I've known a couple of Mormons who learned the language before they headed out. I know they knew well in advance where they were going, but besides making babies ad boxed riced leading up to their first departure, why couldn't these two assholes atleast attempt to learn. /rant - sorry

Also on the Sarah Palin tangent:

IIRC, Sarah was at a Republican Governor's conference in Texas when she went into premature labor with Trigg.  She was not only a premie, but he has Down syndrome. This flying while in preterm labor and the fact that she was incommunicado for a week after Trigg's birth at a community hospital in Alaska have fueled the speculation that Sarah is not Trigg's mom and that Bristol is.

Personally, I think she flew back to Alaska while in labor because she was (either consciously or subconsciously) trying to cause a stillbirth. Her beliefs don't allow for abortion, but if the baby died it wouldn't be her "fault." What she did was an absurd risk, but I think she did indeed do it because she wasn't necessarily too concerned about a positive outcome for the baby. At least that's how the situation always read to me.

38 minutes ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Being wandering nomads is great for people who can actually live minimally and with few if any children. These two are grifting so that they can live a comfy lifestyle, even in scary merika. They aren't doing any real missionary work, they are flitting around, finger pointing, preaching Jesus, candy giving and at the end of the day patting themselves on the back about how good they are.  I'm still disgusted by them not atleast learning the language. Jill is so much like JB and his BS in this respect. Remember her with all her signs and her 'spanish lessons' yet she still can't speak basic Spanish. It just burns me, the laziness of these people, more so because I speak several languages fluently and can understand enough of a few others to get by if I am in that country. Also I've known a couple of Mormons who learned the language before they headed out. I know they knew well in advance where they were going, but besides making babies ad boxed riced leading up to their first departure, why couldn't these two assholes atleast attempt to learn. /rant - sorry

Because they are low in intellect, entitled and lazy.

There comes a time when one needs to GROW UP and realize that gallivanting all over hell and back is NOT a good idea. These two have all the maturity of my cats (and if you've been following the adventures of lil sis and big stupid...). I mean, daddy gave them a house, he only needs to work for grocery money, utilities and fun. Geez...asking for 24 grand takes a whole lot of nerve..I mean we LIVE on 24 grand a year roughly...and I'm not asking for $$. 

If it were just the two of them I'd be more ok with them running away to CA. 

Personally I think it would have been better for everyone if Derick would have just gone solo. I know most of us are concerned about the pregnancy, which we should be. I am also very concerned for Israel. He's such a small child and I don't think it benefits him to have his main caretaker stressed beyond her limits(at least it wasn't for me). TLC could have spun it into something magical and romantic in his return. He would be out there and she  would be holding her own at home(with plenty of help of course). I'm not encouraging him to ditch Jill while pregnant either, I just think her and the child(and child to be) need more stability.

Im so pissed off about the money begging most of all. $24,000 is a lot of money. The idea of just boldly asking 600 families for free money is obnoxious. I'm sure lots of the fans make less than they do, and that's just the tv money(not the real-estate.) Ask Jimbob. 

I wonder about Izzy going to SCA with no friends. He got used to activity at the TTH and companionship. He will be a lonely little boy with just his parents.

Interesting they're not doing the chalkboard and haven't revealed an actual due date (that I'm aware of, I could be wrong.) Maybe they're running to CA to wait out the rest of the pregnancy for some reason? Maybe they want the child to be born there? 

If either of them is dealing with depression or addiction, it's too bad that they probably see it as a moral failing and not just part of being human. We're all flawed. 

45 minutes ago, Jilli said:

I'm so pissed off about the money begging most of all. $24,000 is a lot of money. The idea of just boldly asking 600 families for free money is obnoxious. I'm sure lots of the fans make less than they do, and that's just the tv money(not the real-estate.) Ask Jimbob. 

And they need it for what 4 months? $6k a month in the states would get you a nice lifestyle, in scary CA it is way overboard. They are in no way donating/speniding it on other families past the chinsy shit we've seen the duggars do before when on mission trips. This is an obvious tax free (thanks to their ministry being a 501c3) grab. They could live on 24K a lot longer than a few months in CA if they were real missionaries.

Do you think Derick has learned how controlling and emeshed Jill's family is and just wants to get out to be his own man and headship? And this is the only thing he can think of?

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Also on the Sarah Palin tangent:

Personally, I think she flew back to Alaska while in labor because she was (either consciously or subconsciously) trying to cause a stillbirth. Her beliefs don't allow for abortion, but if the baby died it wouldn't be her "fault." What she did was an absurd risk, but I think she did indeed do it because she wasn't necessarily too concerned about a positive outcome for the baby. At least that's how the situation always read to me.

Omg I can't believe someone not me started the Trig Palin discussion! As someone who has spent way too many hours dissecting the data, there is no way she gave birth to that kid. 

Here are my red flags:

1) A 44 year old woman with a high risk pregnancy, who is also currently governor of the state, uses a family practitioner rather than an obgyn for all prenatal care and delivery. This doctors specialty is domestic violence and has only delivered a few babies in her decades of practice 

2) Not only does she decide to fly at 8 months, her water breaks early in the morning, she delivers a speech later in the afternoon, takes two flights across the country traveling for more than 24 hours with a layover. All without being seen by a medical professional but she claims she called her doctor - the family practitioner who said it was okay to wait.

3)When she does touch down in Alaska after the Govenor decides to bypass all major hospitals that have NICUs and drive 2 more hours to her little hospital affiliated with her church. This hospital is not permitted to deliver twins and flies this and other high risk deliveries elsewhere. But Palin decides this is the place for her!

4) No one knew Palin was pregnant until she announced at 7 months. But there is only 1-2 photos of her looking pregnant. There are several photos that have been accurately verified where she absolutely does not look pregnant. The difference makes no sense. 

There is so much more but I'll stop. My obsession with this CLEARLY intense.  Family and friends have learned not to get me started on this subject. I can go on for hours. 

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

Placenta praevia totalis (where the placenta is fully laying over the exit) usually gives bloodloss later in the pregnancy, in increasing amounts. Scary as hell, and depending the bloodloss the baby is born early by CS. If it's a partial praevia you need to be closely monitored because like a balloon that gets blown full, the placenta can move upwards (as the belly grows), sometimes enough that "allowes" natural birth. 

I teach prenatal classes. 

Okay, guys, I really hate to speculate on this but nobody else seems to have brought this up--what if there's something wrong with baby and Silly Jilly thinks "if I have the baby over in CA, we can hide it!" The problem, not the baby.  We all know that neither one of them is the brightest bulb in the box.

Regarding them having such a low brow gender reveal, note that Ben and Jessa didn't have a reveal at all.  I personally hate the big deal reveals.  Just tell me if you must, and go away.  

29 minutes ago, Emcee said:

Regarding them having such a low brow gender reveal, note that Ben and Jessa didn't have a reveal at all.  I personally hate the big deal reveals.  Just tell me if you must, and go away.  

I agree! It pisses me off how they "reveal" and "announce". It's such D list, fame whorish behaviour. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived