IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

52 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Thanks, I completely forgot poor Boyd!  Add him to the list of honorable mentions.  IIRC, John has made a pest of himself at at least 3 funerals - that we know about.

Looking at that list again - I think I was wrong and Victor the Bible cover maker could still be with us on this earthly plane.  I think it was someone else who John rejoiced about converting just before the poor guy dropped dead.

He needs attention.  And have you forgotten that he was a fragile premature baby and is still barely clinging to life almost 40 years later?

:laughing-rolling: love it!!

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, good grief.  John just posted an update.  He's catching 40 winks in the Truthiness Mobile before he harangues the mourners for another 3 hours in the morning.

Update:

Wow. It's almost 1 am here in Zambia. I've almost NEVER seen the humility and hunger of heart that was displayed by Boyd's cousin (they are considered brothers according to Zambian cultural tradition). I presented the Gospel for three plus hours, and Mr. Humphrey was so serious and attentive. He didn't profess Christ tonight/this morning, but the Precious Seed of the Word of God was clearly sown.

Run, Mr. Humphrey, run.

One of the main denominations in this area of Zambia, New Apostolic, actually DISCOURAGES their members from bringing their Bibles to church! The bishop (or whatever he's called) claims to forgive and absolve the attendees sins every Sunday. So sad.

How satanic!  That is clearly the wrong sort of Christianity.  Save their souls!

Please pray for Humphrey and his sweet wife Rebecca who heard the Gospel tonight.

I will hold Humphrey and sweet Rebecca in my thoughts and hope they can resist John's threats of hell fire and damnation.

John really believes in striking while the body is still warm.  

Way to prey on people when they are at a low point, John. If they do convert, I'm guessing it won't stick. It seems John has problems with his converts jumping ship. 

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

presented the Gospel for three plus hours

I know the Gospel story, what is he saying for three hours?! 

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I know the Gospel story, what is he saying for three hours?! 

That the New Apostolic Church teachings are all wrong.  They must rely on baptism and promote being saved by works.  Perhaps they don't do Sword Drills. The horror.

I googled.  The New Apostolic Church of Zambia has a website: http://www.naczam.org.zm/

I can't see anything about not bringing Bibles to church but I've only glanced at it.

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I can't see anything about not bringing Bibles to church but I've only glanced at it.

When learning more about their faith you get directed to another page and this is what I've found out about Bibles:

The Bible is recognised and regarded as the basis of the doctrine of the New Apostolic Church. In particular, the statements of the New Testament - especially the words of Jesus and the epistles of the apostles - are of definitive importance.

Individual Biblical books or passages, along with statements of apostles and ministers that teach in our days, must have concrete grounding in the Holy Scriptures. The doctrine and its proclamation must not stand in contradiction to the fundamental statements of the gospel.

http://www.nak.org/faith-and-church/nac-from-a-to-z/glossar/all/bible/

I think John tends to stretch the truth a bit. 

Maybe the church already has Bibles in the pews or prints the day's reading in the bulletin.  John is so narrow minded.

40 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I think John tends to stretch the truth a bit. 

You are nicer than me.  I think he often twists the truth until it screams!

He probably asked if they took Bibles to church - they said no, why would they, and he turned it into DISCOURAGEMENT!!eleventy!!111!!!

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I presented the Gospel for three plus hours, and Mr. Humphrey was so serious and attentive. He didn't profess Christ tonight/this morning, but the Precious Seed of the Word of God was clearly sown.

I am guessing that Mr Humphrey was sleeping with his eyes open.

I presented the Gospel for three plus hours, and Mr. Humphrey was so serious and attentive. He didn't profess Christ tonight/this morning, but the Precious Seed of the Word of God was clearly sown.

Allow me to translate:

"I ranted for three plus hours about my particular brand of religious conservatism, and Mr. Humphrey listened politely because I don't ever let anyone else get a word in edgewise and he had no way to cut my diatribe short without feeling like he was being rude. Mr. Humphrey was too honest to lie to me by saying he agreed with me, but he told me he would give my words serious consideration because he didn't want to hurt my feelings." 

I can't be the only one who saw this on one of his memes:

Seek His(God's) Face. Psalm...

And read:

Seek God's Face Palm

I don't follow this thread much, but does this man have any skills beyond what he's currently doing?  Something worthwhile, perhaps?

I also wonder whether he has ever met Derick and Jill.

@Dandruff.  Not really.  He excels at parting naive donors with their money though.  And he grifted a plane!

Although he did post his "resume" once on Pickles when he lost his temper.  He might have reasonable skills in lawn-mowing and perhaps the kitchen cabinets he made as a teen didn't fall apart.

He's met Jill (probably) but not Derick.  The Shraders were at Josh's wedding.  Esther was a bridesmaid. He also went to a Keller family reunion and spent time with Josh Duggar.

22 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

don't follow this thread much, but does this man have any skills beyond what he's currently doing?  Something worthwhile, perhaps?

I also wonder whether he has ever met Derick and Jill.

No. He has no skills. None. His only discernible skill seems to have been getting people to give him money, but even that didn't last long since he seems to piss people off fast. If it were not for his father he would have been kicked out of Zambia a looooooong time ago. 

I doubt it just because he hasn't really had a chance. His wife is Anna Duggar's sister so they probably run in the same circles. I don't see him approving of Jill and Derick, he doesn't even approve of the other IFB missionaries. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

He has no skills. None.

I'd argue that he must be a charismatic speaker.  That is a skill.

When I say this you have to understand that I often think "charisma" should be a four letter word. 

Daddy Shrader does look amazing since starting to change how he eats. He looks years younger.  John hasn't posted many pictures of himself, I wonder if he is really sticking to this healthy lifestyle he keeps talking about. 

44 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Daddy Shrader does look amazing since starting to change how he eats. He looks years younger.  John hasn't posted many pictures of himself, I wonder if he is really sticking to this healthy lifestyle he keeps talking about. 

What is Daddy Shrader eating now, or more importantly, not eating? Where did you see a pic of Pa Shrader?

It is on John's Facebook. He isn't really saying what his dad did to change his diet. He is holding Joel Furhman's book. 

Wow, he looks like a different guy in the bottom photo.  The striped cup in the lower left corner of the top picture is a large Whataburger cup.  Fill that up with Coca-cola and you've racked up over 300 calories.  A regular Whataburger is 590 calories more, with this breakdown:  25 grams of fat and 1220 mg of sodium.

20 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Is the Facebook post posted by formergothardite not working or has John removed it from his website?  

I can see it on John's wall.

Daddy Shrader is crediting "repentance" for the weight loss. It's NOT A DIET. Really. 

Hopefully he can keep it up, for his own health. Even if he did make a real lifestyle change, that can be hard to maintain after a lifetime of poor eating habits.

Repentance first, of course, and a bit of Joel Furhman.  He advocates a pretty strict vegan diet.  Not many omnivores seem to be able to hack it for long.  

I thought Shrader was on a 40 day juice diet anyway.  I'm sure it won't be long before he craves beef jerky but he is selling this new dieting fad with his usual fervor.

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

.  He advocates a pretty strict vegan diet.  Not many omnivores seem to be able to hack it for long.  

I think he does allow a tiny bit of dairy if a person absolutely must, but I'm surprised Papa Shrader went with a mostly vegan diet guy. 

John's 40 day juice fast was a less than 40 hour juice fast. :laughing-jumpingpurple:

7 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

I can see it on John's wall.

Daddy Shrader is crediting "repentance" for the weight loss. It's NOT A DIET. Really. 

Hopefully he can keep it up, for his own health. Even if he did make a real lifestyle change, that can be hard to maintain after a lifetime of poor eating habits.

If he lost his weight because of repentance, what will it  mean when he inevitably gains it back?

I could be a vegitatarian quite easily but being a vegan would be tough. And a lot of work.

Is it me, or did he lock down his Facebook again?

Hey Johnny boy-- if you can't take the heat, maybe you should GTFO of the kitchen.

11 hours ago, PopRox said:

Is it me, or did he lock down his Facebook again?

Temporarily, so he could scrub the incriminating evidence again.  It is open now for me - I can still see an A.W. Tozer quote on March 9. 

Archived