IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, gustava said:

I'm confused.  Did the Grifter return to the states for a while or not?

David Rea is back in America trying to get folks to help him send Bibles to Zambia. John went to America I think last year or the year before but is currently inflicting himself on the people of Zambia. 

John is asking for more prayers because "satan" is attacking him again. :pb_rollseyes:

I've been thinking about Satan attacking John and Jill, and it comes down to the same thing as "God is listening to ME and granting MY prayers, but ignoring all those people praying to him to save their lives/stop abuse/stop their children starving" etc etc - and it always seems like a massive ego trip.  If I were Satan, I'd be focusing my energies on people who have a ton of influence.  I'd go for politicians, tv, film and music makers, the leaders of major religions etc etc etc, as if I could get them in thrall, they could influence millions and millions.  I wouldn't bother with John, and his handful of followers.  But then, I don't have a Shrader-sized ego!

For people who've been parts of Fundy life - when someone says Satan is attacking them, do you immediately wonder how, and what weakness is being preyed on?  Because to atheist me, it seems like a cry for attention, like when I was a teenager, and my friends/I would do this big production to get everyone to ask "what's WRONG?"

Please don't stop praying for us. Satan hasn't stopped fighting! 

Translation:  Please don't stop paying for us.  Shrader hasn't stopped fucking up!

@Lurky, I don't know.  Satan attacks Shrader far more than any other of the IFB-type missionaries I follow.  Most of them post positive news and ask for prayers for continued success.  

John says that Satan attacks him because he is super-special and his mission is going so well.  However, we've noticed that John suffers Satan's attacks whenever:

• He's been criticized by anyone.
  • He's fucked up royally.
  • He's pissed off donor churches.
  • Funding is running low.

Within the larger Fundie world we don't usually see people confess publicly to having been attacked by Satan until they have been caught red-handed at something.  I'm sure they share Satan's attacks and various temptations among their church community and friends though.

ETA - Wait, has Jill R. been attacked by Satan recently too?  I'm way behind on her escapades.  I can only focus on one shameless narcissistic grifter at a time.

Of course Satan is attacking Jill! She is so godly. Her post about Satan attacks sort of explains why these sort of folks like to continually harp on Satan attacking them and turn their own mistakes into attacks by Satan. 

Remember the Bible principle, that if we live Godly, we will suffer persecution.** How long has it been since you have suffered reproach for the name of Christ? Maybe you just blend in with the world so much, that you are NO threat to Satan and certainly your life style brings NO convicting force to others' sin.....so the Devil and others - leave you alone.

By framing everything as an attack by Satan they can get more godly points and act like people whose lives aren't a hot mess are blending in with the world. But eventually people do seem to start seeing through this. Both Jill and John have been criticized by fellow IFB members who saw them for who they were. 

Thought you all would appreciate that I got a FB friend request from a MAN I don't know. 

Im a happily married woman, and the only explanation I can think of for this unsolicited request was that Satan is attacking me, too. 

I covet your prayers in this matter. I'm a little over budget this month, too, so if you can't pray for me I'll send you a link to my paypal account. 

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

ETA - Wait, has Jill R. been attacked by Satan recently too?  I'm way behind on her escapades.  I can only focus on one shameless narcissistic grifter at a time.

Yeah, Satan attacked her via facebook accounts with scantily clad women as the icons - and possibly us talking about her on FJ, she wasn't explicit.  I suspect people calling her on the relentless Plexus shilling/crazy claims might also be a sign of Satan...

@SuchABlessing  "I'm a little over budget this month, too, so if you can't pray for me I'll send you a link to my paypal account, because everyone knows cash gifts are more godly"  FTFY

I get a sense that fundamentalists believe that Satan attacks only the most godly women and (and especially) men; if you're under attack, you're among the elite.  If you are a man and you fail (succumb to a sin of the flesh), well there ya go.  Satan only  goes for the best, thus providing too many assholes to count a get out of jail free card. 

11 hours ago, SuchABlessing said:

Thought you all would appreciate that I got a FB friend request from a MAN I don't know. 

Im a happily married woman, and the only explanation I can think of for this unsolicited request was that Satan is attacking me, too. 

I covet your prayers in this matter. I'm a little over budget this month, too, so if you can't pray for me I'll send you a link to my paypal account. 

I really wish we had a little "SNORK" smilie for that noise I make when someone makes  me chuckle out loud.

Today is Alatheia's 13th birthday. Two teenagers in that house now. How likely you all think it will be that John mentions her birthday? I'm going with not. 

Happy Birthday, Alatheia.  Sorry Daddy seems to have forgotten your birthday but I expect Mommy will celebrate it.

John put this in the comments yesterday to tease his humpers.

God just gave us another victory, please keep praying for Handia, Brian and Eugene. We can see your prayers dearly beloved.

Yay.  But it sounds as though Handia and Brian are still intent on leaving John's fold, along with Eugene.

15 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Today is Alatheia's 13th birthday. Two teenagers in that house now. How likely you all think it will be that John mentions her birthday? I'm going with not. 

I'm sure that if she has a cake, it will have an appropriate topper.

Re: Sword drills-- It's not about the actual verses or how to apply the verses to your life. It's meant to be a "fun" way to get kids to memorize the order of the books of the Bible. It also helps fill time if you're in charge of the kid class while someone like Shrader bloviates for hours on end.

4 minutes ago, bertnee said:

It's meant to be a "fun" way to get kids to memorize the order of the books of the Bible. It also helps fill time if you're in charge of the kid class while someone like Shrader bloviates for hours on end.

The problem is that Shrader says he is doing this with adults before he gets into the real business of bloviating for hours.  So he is treating his converts like kids.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

The problem is that Shrader says he is doing this with adults before he gets into the real business of bloviating for hours.  So he is treating his converts like kids.

Shrader treats damn near everyone like kids.   I doubt he's had a humble moment, thought, or deed to his name.

Well John had a little flurry of activity on Facebook sharing stuff from others.

He addresses what seems to be the current in-group of converts with a quote from  A.W. Tozer about heretics and "no Hell cults."   Eh, John and Tozer.  Your Hell cult seems to be nothing but damnation.  You heretics seem to forget all about Jesus' message of love and forgiveness.

This is an INCREDIBLE point about the issues we face here in Sub-Saharan Africa brethren.

Kapolo

Signed Kapolo, which John says means teacher.

So the new core group seems to be (new names bolded): Roderick, Arcade, Kapolo Jolisman (AKA Jolis), Boyd, Percy, Emmanuel, Whyte, and Paul.  

No sign of Handia.

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Signed Kapolo, which John says means teacher.

So the new core group seems to be (new names bolded): Roderick, Arcade, Kapolo Jolisman (AKA Jolis), Boyd, Percy, Emmanuel, Whyte, and Paul.  

No sign of Handia.

He used to say that kapolo means "servant". He was very insistent on that point. Did he actually learn some nuance about the local languages, or did he just forget he already talked about that? Servant and teacher are not very comparable. 

2 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

He used to say that kapolo means "servant". He was very insistent on that point.

You are quite right, my memory messed up.  It was way back in the beginning (now deleted) when he was deciding what they should call him and he picked kapolo because it had connotations of both instructing and serving.  Or something.  I can't find a translation in the major Zambian languages so we will have  to take his word for it. 

And I sincerely doubt he has tried very hard to learn the local languages.

I'm in the middle of a 3 part documentary on African civilizations hosted by Henry Louis Gates Jr. I'd really love John to watch this*. They talk about the diversity in learning, religion (including Christianity!), trade, empires, conquests. Christianity has been in Africa since Christianity began, but you would not know from John. I wonder how John would react to all of it?

*It really is well done, check it out if you have not, it's on PBS.

John is working hard on his prayer letter. Satan is fighting. Fighting hard. He hope that when we read the prayer letter we will understand more. I hope so too because I would love to know what is actually going on. 

Yes, John.  Your prayer letter is way overdue and we need a lot more details about your never-ending war with Satan.  :popcorn:

And someone called Bonna is about to be blocked by John.  She left this comment on his Tozer post and he hasn't deleted or responded to it yet.

Not many understand that "hobby horses" can also be a form of heresy when it causes you to reject or minimize the need for other parts of Scripture.

Thanks, Bonna.  I certainly agree.  Were you referring to John's gluttony or his Hell-fire obsessions?

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes, John.  Your prayer letter is way overdue and we need a lot more details about your never-ending war with Satan.  :popcorn:

And someone called Bonna is about to be blocked by John.  She left this comment on his Tozer post and he hasn't deleted or responded to it yet.

Thanks, Bonna.  I certainly agree.  Were you referring to John's gluttony or his Hell-fire obsessions?

Before I was blocked, I noticed that the Bonna person appeared to be huge John leghumper. 

I will laugh if she does get blocked.:giggle:

The real reason John is taking so long to compose a prayer letter is that it is most likely taken him a long time to spin whatever is happening as something that isn't his fault. I can't wait to read this because John is going to be spinning like a top to explain his Satanic attacks. 

Archived