IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 10 - God's Glutton's Greatest Grifts

samurai_sarah

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

I just have so many questions about the dynamics in John's family and extended family. Does John chastise his children for not praying hard enough? (probably). What does Daddy Shrader say to John's brothers and their families?  "John needs more money and you aren't doing your part!"  What do John's brothers and sisters-in-law really feel about him?  Or Esther for that matter?

None of John's brothers has married yet, although 2 seem to be in long-term committed relationships.  They have called out John a few times.  He prays for them because they have lost their faith. They are living mainstream lives so I prefer to leave them alone, but I did check in on their FB pages recently.  They all rallied around Sarah when she was dying and were in contact with their parents then.  Today I don't know.

The youngest brother is deeply troubled.  He openly says he has serious mental health and substance abuse issues. He alternately berates his parents for not responding to him in crisis and pleads for their help.  His situation is heartbreaking and his parents appear to have cut him off.    

5 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

John is really messing up people's lives instead of ministering to them.  I don't say this lightly or in jest: I really think John is mentally unstable.

Your source is probably very accurate given the things we have been piecing together.  John was bemoaning Roderick's "battle with Satan" recently.

As far as instability goes - we have been pointing this out for years.  Also not lightly or in jest, reluctant as we are to armchair diagnose on FJ.  John has always reminded me of my SIL who has bipolar disorder.  Unfortunately, Daddy Shrader seems not to recognize mental illness in anyone, even his youngest son.  He probably just sees sin.  He certainly doesn't seem to want acknowledge mental illness in the favorite son who is following in his footsteps.  

@marmalade, Handia was one of John's early converts.  He appears in John's latest video at 3:45 but the whole thing is worth watching to get the full flavor of John Shrader (turn your sound down): 

Handia is well educated - in Canada at Columbia International College and he now seems to be in Obninsk, Russia.  He brought a couple of others into John's church, including Titus and George.  Titus seems to be making sarcastic comments on John's FB now too.

5 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Roderick is married to Jackline? 

Yes, John actually married Roderick and Jacqueline (she had a lovely purple wedding dress) and the two of them seem to be core to all his efforts.  Bro. Phellion in their planted "bush" church is Jacqueline's brother, and it was her relatives John was visiting in his last road trip.

Roderick has been John's trusted side-kick from the beginning.  If Roderick bolts this may be the end of John's mission in Kafue.

I think all John wants is a little sabbatical in the US away from his problems.  I doubt he wants to leave Zambia completely but he may want to run away from Kafue because he's burned his bridges there.

I note with disappointment that John (-Lorna) Sarra is leaving supportive messages on John's FB.  I thought John Sarra had seen through Shrader ages ago.

16 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

I think all John wants is a little sabbatical in the US away from his problems.  I doubt he wants to leave Zambia completely but he may want to run away from Kafue because he's burned his bridges there.

I do think he is wanting to get out of Kafue and it sounds like that is because all the people have seen through him. John has never treated the people of Zambia like actual people, he has always acted like they are objects that are there for him to use. 

John's behavior has always gone beyond typical griftinary actions. David Rea is just as awful, but he doesn't have the massive highs and massive lows. He isn't spending days in bed and then leaping frantically into grand schemes without any sort of planning. 

I don't think John will ever get help, though. Even when he was here in America he was rushing from one idea to another and his dad always was there to bail him out. He seemed to be at his best when he was on deputation. 

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I don't think John will ever get help, though. Even when he was here in America he was rushing from one idea to another and his dad always was there to bail him out. He seemed to be at his best when he was on deputation. 

Part of the problem seems to be that Daddy doesn't see John clearly.  I'm sure that in Rick Shrader's eyes John is a visionary man and a genius who can do no wrong.  A real chip off the old block.

Esther probably sees him as Mr. Visionary too.  I'm sure the Keller women were all indoctrinated by "Created to be His Helpmeet."  http://nogreaterjoy.org/blogs/createdtobehishelpmeet/excerpts/

Doesn't this sound like Esther?

The wife of Mr.Visionary should be just a little bit reckless and blind in one eye if she is going to enjoy the ride. If this is your man, you need to learn two very important things (beyond how to make an appeal). Learn how to be flexible, and learn how to always be loyal to your man. You will be amazed at how much happier you will be and how much fun life can be if you learn to just go with the flow — his flow. Life will become an adventure. You will actually begin to feel sorry for the gals married to the stick-in-the-mud, steady type.

Sorry for the women who are married to stable people?  Well, perhaps not when you don't know where your next meal is coming from.  

And once you get it into your head that your husband does not have to be “right” for you to follow him, you will FINALLY be able to say “bye bye” to your overwrought parents, even when they are screaming that you are married to a crazy man. People looking on will marvel that you are able to love and appreciate your husband, but you will know better because you will see his greatness.

Greatness is a state of soul, not certain accomplishments. Over time, this type of man will become more practical. If you are a young wife married to a man whom your mama thinks is totally crazy — then you may be married to Mr. Visionary. Right now, purpose in your heart to be loyal to him, and to be flexible; then, let your dreamer dream.

Follow him to the mission field and let your dreamer dream? Not when you are in Zambia with no return flight home, your husband is angering and alienating the locals, and you have 10 children depending on you for their safety.

And, damn it, even the Dreadful and Disgusting Pearls qualify this drivel:

One of his greatest needs will be for his wife to think objectively (proven truth) and use common sense, which will help keep his feet from flying too far from solid ground. 

It is way past time to use common sense, Esther.  Bring those children home.  John has lost the plot and you owe your children a stable life.  

53 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It is way past time to use common sense, Esther.  Bring those children home.  John has lost the plot and you owe your children a stable life.  

I think Esther and the children have a better life in Africa. They were living in a pop up camper when in the states. Yes, John is unstable but they don't have to worry about where they are going to sleep or what they are going to eat.

Can't get rid of the above! Help!

Thankyou Palimpsest. Sorry about the misspelling of Jacqueline. I was having a bad evening!

I have always wondered if John is legally licensed to perform  weddings in Zambia. 

The rules seem quite detailed. Sorry I can't quote.

John doesn't appear to follow rules, other than his own.

Archived