IGNORED

President Cheeto 8: Our Long National Nightmare Begins

Destiny

56 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

The WH website peeps are busy.... the Affordable Healthcare page is gone and replaced with... this...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/transitionsplash/

They are making other changes, too - Faux reported the WH Climate page was also changed/gone.

The Obamacare page hasn't been touched yet.  And during lunch I saw a commercial for Healthcare.gov, and the commercial said the deadline for signing up is at the end of the month.

https://www.healthcare.gov/

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I wonder about is how much relief  Mrs. Clinton's has herself that she's not the one taking the oath today, that it's all on Donald J. Putinfluffer now, and that she avoided all that?

I just thought of something John Adams once said, "He seemed to enjoy a triumph over me.  Methought I heard him say, 'Ay!  I am fairly out (of the Presidency) and you fairly in!  See which of us will be happiest!'"  Donnie Dumbfornicate is already looking like he's not too happy about the job.  She might be happiest now that she can go back to a semi-private life and he'll face the never ending barrage of well deserved criticism.

Didn't watch it, and was in the middle of my shower singing  while he was getting sworn in. I couldn't escape twitter though which people were tweeting Joe and Barack leaving on the acela (the same track I took to go home for 4 years back in school in DC/VA) and plane and lost it completely.

8 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Drumpf brings worst out of people. Both his supporters and opponents. 

Please, don't respond to violence with violence, to ugly with ugly, to hate with hate. It leads to nothing. It creates more darkness. 
Ordinary people are not the enemy, even if they support Drumpf. 

Do good. Support one another. Protect the weak. Take good care of yourself, of your families, friends and neighbors. Create something. An art. An inspiration. Write or draw, or knit, or, sing, or, I don't know, plant a seed. Make more beauty in this world. Make people feel again... It's what's opposite of Drumpf, and it's what will bring him down.  

Amen to that. It all makes me ill. I may disagree with all Republicans and their policies. I may deeply believe that Trump is a sexual offending misogynistic bigot who is the least qualified to be president, but I would never fight fire with fire. I am deeply distressed with the state of our country today.

Stay safe, @Mecca.  I hope no-one is rioting near you.  Even peaceful protests can get very nasty.

They've been using tear gas and stun grenades to break up the crowds.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-inauguration-protests-riots-vandalism-windows-demonstration-violence-police-washington-a7537836.html

22 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

snip

Ordinary people are not the enemy, even if they support Trump. 

snip 

Eh, if you voted for Drumpf, you're my enemy. I had enough people who I thought were friends tell me to "fuck off back to my country because you came here illegally anyways!!11 (I did not, btw, my family came as refugees). Voting for Drumpf goes against every single belief that I hold dear to my heart - that makes you my enemy.

Some older white guy is rambling on about how great Slovenian glass is.  I guess imported stuff is okay if it's from The Right Country (AKA not Mexico or China).

8 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Amen to that. It all makes me ill. I may disagree with all Republicans and their policies. I may deeply believe that Trump is a sexual offending misogynistic bigot who is the least qualified to be president, but I would never fight fire with fire. I am deeply distressed with the state of our country today.

I would never sink to their level and start anything.  However I'm still thinking of taking self defence in the event there are Branch Trumpvidians out there who do think the giant orange tape worm is all the permission they need to get stupid.

2 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

Eh, if you voted for Drumpf, you're my enemy. I had enough people who I thought were friends tell me to "fuck off back to my country because you came here illegally anyways!!11 (I did not, btw, my family came as refugees). Voting for Drumpf goes against every single belief that I hold dear to my heart - that makes you my enemy.

Yeah I don't give a flying fornicate who a person is if they vote for the giant orange tapeworm.  It doesn't mater to me if it's a so called "ordinary" person or a celebrity.  If you voted for that festering lump of feces then I don't think we can be friends any more.

17 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Trump brings worst out of people. Both his supporters and opponents. 

Please, don't respond to violence with violence, to ugly with ugly, to hate with hate. It leads to nothing. It creates more darkness. 
Ordinary people are not the enemy, even if they support Trump. 

I certainly agree in principle but not all of Trump's supporters or his opponents are violent, ugly and hating.  Remember some opponents are trying to have non-violent protests right now and that is their right.  Certainly not every protester is rioting.

Latest reports are they have been using stun grenades and tear gas in Washington to break up crowds of protesters and 95 arrests have been made so far.  Things can get out of hand very fast.

Please hope that any rioting ends soon and that everyone stays as safe as possible..

12 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I would never sink to their level and start anything.  However I'm still thinking of taking self defence in the event there are Branch Trumpvidians out there who do think the giant orange tape worm is all the permission they need to get stupid.

I do practice martial arts, as a fun sport but I hate to think that I might have to put that into use as self-defense. I'm not a violent person, but if someone tries something stupid, then I will defend myself if I absolutely have to in a worst case scenario.

My mother's Trump supporting cousin just posted a meme that states that every Muslim in the U.S. gets "$3500 per month, food stamps and a daily allowance" from the government. 

You know what? I don't care to be associated in any way other than passing acquaintance with people that are so damn gullible and stupid. 

Seriously. Think for about 1.5 seconds and you'll know that isn't possibly true. 

(I have the password for my late father's FB account and use it to look in on the nonsense from my right-wing relatives who I am not actually friends with myself--my mother and brother know this and have no issue with it). 

Just now, ADoyle90815 said:

I do practice martial arts, as a fun sport but I hate to think that I might have to put that into use as self-defense. I'm not a violent person, but if someone tries something stupid, then I will defend myself if I absolutely have to in a worst case scenario.

Neither am I.  I'm more of a if you do not bother me I will not bother you person. 

This discussion made me think of this scene in Babylon 5: In the Beginning where the Londo Mollari character tried to talk Earth out of doing something stupid with the much more powerful Minbari.  He basically told them if they left the Minbari alone the Minbari would leave them alone.  They of course didn't listen and Earth wound up getting its ass kicked by the Minbari, who only stopped right the war right before destroying Earth.

I hope Branch Trumpvidians understand that there are people who if they do not bother them they will not bother them.  But based on their performance to date I doubt it.

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

My mother's Trump supporting cousin just posted a meme that states that every Muslim in the U.S. gets "$3500 per month, food stamps and a daily allowance" from the government. 

Interesting, I wonder where my dad is going with all that extra income then. :my_rolleyes:

Some people just believe any old nonsense. It's sad, and scary.

6 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

Interesting, I wonder where my dad is going with all that extra income then. :my_rolleyes:

Some people just believe any old nonsense. It's sad, and scary.

I think if that were true, there would be a lot of converts. It says "every single Muslim", so I assume if we converted, husband and I would get $7000 a month total? We'd be right on that. Heck, employing whatever method necessary to have at least one kid at this late stage would be worth our time, too. We could up it to $10,500, which we apparently would not be paying for our own food out of as a bonus. And I wonder how much the apparently additional daily allowance is? Is it enough to pay for everything else so that the $3500 per person is disposable income? 

25 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

You know what? I don't care to be associated in any way other than passing acquaintance with people that are so damn gullible and stupid. 

Seriously. Think for about 1.5 seconds and you'll know that isn't possibly true. 

(I have the password for my late father's FB account and use it to look in on the nonsense from my right-wing relatives who I am not actually friends with myself--my mother and brother know this and have no issue with it). 

I wonder if it hurts being that stupid?

17 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I think if that were true, there would be a lot of converts. It says "every single Muslim", so I assume if we converted, husband and I would get $7000 a month total? We'd be right on that. Heck, employing whatever method necessary to have at least one kid at this late stage would be worth our time, too. We could up it to $10,500, which we apparently would not be paying for our own food out of as a bonus. And I wonder how much the apparently additional daily allowance is? Is it enough to pay for everything else so that the $3500 per person is disposable income? 

Hell if that were true I'd convert myself.  I can think of lots of things I could do with an extra $3,500 in cash a month, plus extra money for groceries.   Let's see, I could pay off my car early, pay off my student loans, but a new laptop, etc etc....where do I sign up?

8 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Sounds like a sweet plan! Shoot, I'd be converting immediately too. I was also particularly intrigued by the daily allowance bit. Does the government just throw extra money everyday at Muslims PLUS giving them an extra $3500 for fun?

3 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

Sounds like a sweet plan! Shoot, I'd be converting immediately too. I was also particularly intrigued by the daily allowance bit. Does the government just throw extra money everyday at Muslims PLUS giving them an extra $3500 for fun?

Say it was an extra $20 a day.  That would be $7,300 a year.   Or say it was $50 dollars a day.   That'd be an extra $18,250 a year

@louisa05 could you please give your reich wing cousin a buzz and ask where exactly people should go to sign up to convert and get all this extra money?

Hey, my peeps. I am on my way back to our hotel. I am pretty exhausted. I need to rest up for tomorrow.

From where I was at, all the protestors against Trump were peaceful. There was a sit in and at one point the police did get a bit handsy when trying to get some people to move. I did video that as much as I could. The next block over is where the shit went down. They ended up arresting quiet a few protestors and bringing out the tear gas.

I had one run in with some nasty ass Trump supporters that said there is no such thing as racism and white privilege is all made up. They also said if we were immigrants we are welcome to leave. I said to them that I can't have a reasonable conversation with anyone that does not live in reality and some other Trumpers mouthed off back at me. I walked off.

I am here to let my voice be heard and represent myself and the people that cannot be here. I am not looking for a fight. I am here to peacefully protest. With that being said, I will not be talked down to. They can kindly go fuck themselves. 

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Metro ridership for Inauguration Day 2017 lowest in years"

But, I'm sure Cheeto will say it was the "yugest" ever. Oh, and since the last inauguration, Metro has added a new line with multiple stations, so the ridership would have been expected to go up, not down. Of course, that would be for a normal inauguration, not this one.

I can tell you as someone that rode the line this morning and riding the line as I type, it has been like a ghost town. 

25 minutes ago, Childless said:

LoL, they're pretty oblivious to their own stupidity.

I work with two loud and proud Trump supporters at work.

One had no idea he has appointed at least one white nationalist and emboldened the neo-nazis.

She didn't even know what the word Aryan meant. She also enjoys end of the world type clickbait articlesand videos and tries to share them during work hours. *this coworker openly and loudly stomped out of the office because she didn't like the that most of us were sad to the point of tears after the election*

The other one loves to talk about her abortion and birth control as regularly and openly as possible.

They really can be that dumb. It makes me weap.

Stay safe anyone who's peacefully protesting today or marching tomorrow!

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

And people wonder how he won the electoral vote. These sort of misconceptions (that word feels like an understatement, but I can't think of another civil term!) are so common.

20 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Imperfect snip

They also said if we were immigrants, we were welcome to leave.

Whenever I see people complaining about immigrants, I always want to ask them which tribe they belong to. I'm very proud to be a descendant of immigrants. My mother's people arrived in the 1690's, with the rest arriving in the 1810's and around 1870. My Dad's people started arriving around the time of the Revolutionary War, when my ancestor deserted from the British, and the rest came from Germany and Switzerland in the 1850's. Although my roots are completely Caucasian, I recognize that we took the land from the Native Americans. Trump supporters seem to follow the old saying, "An immigrant is anyone who comes here after I did.".

Oh, and another thing. There were not that many Trump supporters in attendance today for the inauguration. I saw more people against him than for him. I am going to send Trump letters for the next several months reminding him of that. 

49 minutes ago, Childless said:

Nah, most of the Branch Trumpvidians I've encountered are numb from the neck up.

Interesting article about the orange tapeworm's phone: "Donald Trump made it to the White House. His treasured phone may not."It's a lengthy article, with lots of screenshots, but here's the beginning:

Just shy of becoming the most powerful Android in the free world, President Trump's personal cellphone has reportedly sent its last tweet.

The incoming president of the United States gave up the device in the interest of national security, swapping it for a Secret Service-approved clunker, according to the New York Times.

Believed to be a Samsung Galaxy, the phone was one of Trump's closest companions on his journey from write-off to the White House, and the pair often made trouble on the way. The Android is survived by at least 900 tweets, from Trump's earliest presidential musings to early-morning rants and ultra-brief victory speeches.

Its phone number is still known by countless journalists, politicians and world leaders — regardless of whether anyone ever answers again.

I went to the gym instead. There was a young African-American woman working out, wearing a shirt that said, "I was there" with Obama's picture and January 2009 on it. I wanted to cry, but told her I liked her shirt, and was happy to hear an older lady thank her for wearing it and an older gentleman agree. 

But, reading these comments, it still feels surreal, and I keep asking myself, "Is this real life?"

@Mecca- you be very careful up there! 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived