President Cheeto 8: Our Long National Nightmare Begins

Destiny

53 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

nothing protects women from patriarchy.

This should be the FJ motto......

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are watching the rise of a modern day Caligula.

11 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

I don't know how "live" the EarthCam really is, but if this is his actual inauguration crowd...yikes. I was expecting a low turnout, but this is drastic compared to Obama's inaugurations. How do you like your ratings now, President Cheeto?

(Picture under spoiler for size)

Reveal hidden contents

inauguration.PNG

He does like his spin, so I'm sure he'll say it was the best crown ever. No one drew a bigger crowd than him.

6 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

I don't know how "live" the EarthCam really is, but if this is his actual inauguration crowd...yikes. I was expecting a low turnout, but this is drastic compared to Obama's inaugurations. How do you like your ratings now, President Cheeto?

(Picture under spoiler for size)

Reveal hidden contents

inauguration.PNG

Yeah it is the actual crowd, I'm watching it live on telly and they showed a similar view and said how the crowds were very thin

He'll say it's because of weather. 

Ivanka is in spotlight, of course. All four others are somewhere in background. Both daughters are wearing matching clothes. Sons have suits in different colors. They kinda look like a mess when presented as a family unit. 

16 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Hillary is looking better than I would expect, given the situation. That woman is made of steel. 

I don't know how she is doing this. Being able to show up to this event after what she has endured shows that she is way more presidential than Donald Trump could ever dream of being. 

4 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

He'll say it's because of weather. 

Sometimes I look through conservative twitter under the guise of trying to know what we're up against, but really just because I'm a masochist. They are spinning it with the fact that DC is full of liberals so it was easy for them to get there for Obama, while Trump's supporters live farther away and maybe can't afford to travel there. And also that they're deterred by the liberal protests. Sure.

I couldn't figure out how to do "hidden content," so apologies if I am in violation of rules or harming delicate sensibilities, but since she went out in public dressed like this, and this photo has been widely disseminated, I'm going for it. Apologies to the former First Ladies, some of whom may be flipping in their graves!

Hoping Cheeto's third wife, (not my FLOTUS), will cover up for the formal events this evening!

FB_IMG_1484926800700.jpg

I've noticed the children of Donald Trump don't exactly seem that friendly with each other. Particularly the youngest son. Seems no one is really interacting with him.

Such a difference from what we've seen with the Obama family.

Barron seems to be trying his best not to be noticed. Sitting down immediately, turning his face away from cameras.

i hear the crowds chanting Obama... and here comes Darth Cheeto.... my heart is racing. I won't throw up.... no, I won't.

i did a mean thing this morning:  i had planned to DVR the inauguration, but changed my mind on the advice of others here who felt giving the Grand Cheeto ratings would be unwise.  well, Mr. CL had already set the DVR last night, but i changed it from CNN the local access channel that carries Classic Arts Showcase.   i will play dumb when he discovers it, but he can watch highlights all night.

have to say that i'm enjoying the cattiness on Melania's attire.  if the black dress above were properly lined, i'd like it a lot.  but between that and her ill-fitted custom blue dress today, she got shafted on quality.

ETA: @FrumperedCat's observation on Barron--i feel bad for that poor kid.  it looks  like he wants none of this.  back on election night, he looked utterly exhausted when they dragged him onto the stage with his parents; someone should have put him to bed hours earlier.  If Melania is keeping him in NYC for school because it's what HE wants, then i could support that decision a bit more now.  i wonder what he *really* thinks of his parents.

Ughhhh.... Mike Pence is the Bates Family equivalent to Trumps Duggar family feel.... he is more likeable, but more deeply entrenched in his whackadoodle beliefs. Ugh. He needs to stop being so... politic. And charismatic. And a homophobe.

Im watching on CNN... I support my "fake news" and have for 15 years. If I contribute to views, they will be on CNN.

Random thoughts...

Regarding the crowd, he'll probably try to spin it as his supporters are all gainfully employed and working today, or something like that.

Regarding Melania's outfit- I'm not a fashion guru, but I think it misses the mark. It might be a conceptual outfit, featured at a fashion show or on Project Runway, but not one you'd think someone would wear in real life.

Sadly, I think my two favorite Republicans - Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt are spinning in their graves now. I fear the use of our National Parks for commercial purposes, not what Teddy had in mind.

Am I reading too much into things but did Pence (I think that was who it was) totally blank Michelle and Obama? I mean it looked like he was shaking hands with a few people in line ahead of them and when it was Michelle next, instead of continuing shaking hands, he went sideways through crowds shaking hands with others, and when he walked back out over to his place on the other side. It didn't see him engage with the Obamas at all. Maybe I am reading too much into this though, looks obvious to me. I am watching on the BBC so maybe different coverage elsewhere.

Dear God in Heaven.

I pray that somehow some good comes out of this. And that the marches tomorrow are peaceful. And that the lies get exposed.

I can't watch. The most I can handle is peeking at comments.

5 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

Dear God in Heaven.

I pray that somehow some good comes out of this. And that the marches tomorrow are peaceful. And that the lies get exposed.

I can't watch. The most I can handle is peeking at comments.

Some of the protests today have already been disruptive. Many of the security checkpoints were blocked by protesters who chained themselves together.

The lies have already been exposed, the Branch Trumpvidians don't care.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I assume you're talking about BOSS, as in Hugo Boss?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Boss

Nothing gets by you, my friend. 

Someone posted a picture of Kellyanne Conway's inaugural outfit on a twitter feed I was reading. Who in the hell would pay $3600 to look like a flight attendant from 1976?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/kelly-ann-conway-coat-trnd/index.html

i laughed my ass off at Kellyanne's outfit this morning.  i told Mr. CL she must be trying to get into George Washington's army.  @Cartmann99's flight-attendant reference is better!!

12 minutes ago, JMarie said:

He was just sworn in.  Boy, is the palm of his hand white when compared to his orange face.

Sworn in by one, sworn at by many.

3 minutes ago, catlady said:

i laughed my ass off at Kellyanne's outfit this morning.  i told Mr. CL she must be trying to get into George Washington's army.  @Cartmann99's flight-attendant reference is better!!

Sorry - Flight attendant uniforms were much better. :-(

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived