IGNORED

President Cheeto 8: Our Long National Nightmare Begins

Destiny

2 hours ago, CrazyLurkerLady said:

My 5yo has apparently changed her mind and decided to stay at Grandma's, so it looks like it's just me after all. I'm very pleased that my 12yo wants to go (he's wearing his No Hate shirt) because he is at an age where standing up to bullies and the rights of others are starting to hit home. He's a very timid kid and I hope this will help him understand that there is always something he can do to make things better. He is also totally aghast that Trump won and wants to be able to speak out against him.

Sounds like you and your ex are raising a fine young man.

Well done.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been a lot of positive feedback on my facebook page for the women's department today, then there was one (now former) friend who said that she's not marching because she'd rather be a proverbs 31 woman.

What is it with women thinking they need to be 2nd class citizens for men? I don't get it. :angry-banghead:

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The latest guesstimate is almost 500K people -- the permit is only for 250K.

I've read that all the crowds are greater than anticipated.  In Nashville, I think they expected 4,000, and I'm pretty sure they far exceeded that.  I'll be interested in the final tally, since I have no idea.  It was awesome!  I peeled off of the parade before the end, since I heard the opening speeches. 

I only saw one hate preacher with a megaphone.  He and his little band of minions traipsed around followed by singers, chanters and trumpeters trying to drown out his hateful message.  (I think he was the same guy from the Pride parade a few months ago.)

Did I mention it was awesome?!

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

On Melania's dress, I thought this was quite funny. It had the caption "Let the hunger games begin!"

let the hunger games begin.jpg

Although, she could also be entering the Triwizard tournament.... :crying-pink:

triwizard.jpg

It was not the worst outfit, though. 

kellyannenut.jpg

8 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

kellyannenut.jpg

I have to say that I'm lolling at the appropriateness of your avatar right now :pb_lol:

14 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I just read on Slate that the crowd at the women's march tomorrow is projected to be FIVE TIMES LARGER than the crowd today.

How ya like that pussy now, ASSHOLE.  

The National Park Service tweeted aerial shots of Evil Cheese Puffs's crowds and Obama's.   ECP's was empty when compared to Obama's. It was ordered removed shortly there after because it would "embarrass"  the orange stain. However not before it was re-tweeted.  The truth needs to be pushed out there no matter how much  he tries to suppress. 

Wish I could have gone to the rally, but I can't walk or stand for very long. Time to go curl up under the covers with a book. 

Monday I'll continue calling my representatives (Federal, State and County).. keep telling them to fight ECP. 

Just for shits and grins....I plan to be going to this web site often  https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20210120T10&p0=263&ud=1&font=cursive  I used to have the HTML code and used it to create my own website during Bush2.  Can't find it.. but I'll use this and recreate later.

It's so great to see all those signs Gives me some hope. Be sure y'all are not alone, people from everywhere support and will support your protest.

To all who are on the marches, stay safe.

Guys, did anyone notice what happened with Trump's nose?

Just saw on Twitter that while Madonna was speaking at one of today's rallies, she used the word "fuck" twice while CNN was broadcasting it. The conservatives are currently slumped over their fainting couches, because obviously only tiny fisted orange men named Trump can use language like that. :pb_rollseyes:

1 hour ago, AlwaysExcited said:

kellyannenut.jpg

OMG! THAT'S IT! She looks like a nutcracker! She REALLY needs to do something with that scraggly hair! She's too old to wear that length.

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

There's been a lot of positive feedback on my facebook page for the women's department today, then there was one (now former) friend who said that she's not marching because she'd rather be a proverbs 31 woman.

What is it with women thinking they need to be 2nd class citizens for men? I don't get it. :angry-banghead:

I'm not well versed (pun intended) on the Bible.  What is proverbs 31?

24 minutes ago, AuntK said:

OMG! THAT'S IT! She looks like a nutcracker! She REALLY needs to do something with that scraggly hair! She's too old to wear that length.

Who gets up in the morning and thinks..Yea,  I think I'll put on THAT outfit. Better yet.. who walk by this in the store and thinks it is good idea? Earth to Ms. Conway....This is what we call a wardrobe malfunction 

Hello! I had to get out of the crowd. I can't describe the amount of people in one area. I have been at this since 6:30am, and I do think I am at my limit for today. My friend is still marching, though. I told her to keep going. 

The crowd is so large I have not been able to lift my arms. I did have a panic attack due to the incredible amount of people and being stuck in a loading dock area because there was nowhere else for us to go, but it was worth it seeing so many show up and tell this asshole on his turf just how big an asshole he is. 

Trying to get some pictures to load, but I am having issues with my phone. Once I get back to my hotel tonight, I will post some pictures of you all if you want. 

My friends, this is a world wide movement. Just look at all the people around the world protesting in solidarity and standing with us. Freaking Antarctica had a march!! Being a part of this march today gives me soooooo much hope. More hope than I have had over the last several weeks. I am crying as I type this because being a part of this today shows me we are not alone. We can fight this. Keep motivated and keep your eyes on this administration. Let them know they can't push us around. Let them know you can't mess with women from all walks of life and races, people with disabilities, LGBT communities, people from different religions and expect us to remain silent. It won't happen. It just won't happen. 

15 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Go get him, Rep. Raskin!

dailykos.com/story/2017/1/19/1622436/-MD-08-Freshman-congressman-with-guts-is-ready-to-file-articles-of-impeachment-against-Trump

Yeah I realize impeachment wouldn't fly until the GOP turns on the Toxic Orange Megacolon and Giant Tapeworm.  But it's good to see someone doing something to stand up to the shit head.

Go Jamie GO!  I think I'm in love. :my_heart: I used to say Keith Olberman was my future husband. Meh.. I think it is Raskn now.  Current Mr. OKAD will just have to roll with it.

18 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I've noticed a couple times how gray President Obama has gotten over the past eight years. Especially with all the GOP fuck stickery that only added to the stress.

"Fuck stickery"  I love that expression

@Mecca, you're amazing, and thank you for being there. I'm looking forward to more photos. Buffalo has a good crowd in front of City Hall today too. 

My mom and I are returning from the march in Boston. It was amazing, with over 100,000 people in attendance. It took a really long time to get the crowd out of Boston Common, but I'm glad I stuck with it; to quote a black woman during the Montgomery Bus Boycott, "My feets are tired, but my soul is rested." Seeing so many people of all ages, races, and religions coming together for women's rights, civil rights, immigrants, LGBT people, and people of color has restores my faith in humanity. The next four years may be rough, but we won't go down without a fight.

@Mecca and all those of you who marched, I think you will love this comparison between the crowds yesterday and today that CNN has posted on twitter: 

I knew the numbers were off when I was at Vienna Metro station at 6:30am this morning and the cars were backed up to park and massive lines forming to get on the train. We were packed in like sardines in a tin can. As soon as I stepped foot off the train, we were welcomed with sounds of cheers. I have never been so proud to be a woman today. Everyone was pleasant, supportive and motivated to make a change. We will turn this round. 

54 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

My mom and I are returning from the march in Boston. It was amazing, with over 100,000 people in attendance. It took a really long time to get the crowd out of Boston Common, but I'm glad I stuck with it; to quote a black woman during the Montgomery Bus Boycott, "My feets are tired, but my soul is rested." Seeing so many people of all ages, races, and religions coming together for women's rights, civil rights, immigrants, LGBT people, and people of color has restores my faith in humanity. The next four years may be rough, but we won't go down without a fight.

Love this! MSNBC just reported 125,000 in Boston, 1/4 of the population! Thank you and your mom for being there! You rock!

Thank you all for going to your marches. You are my heroes! I watched online some of the march on Washington and cannot believe how many turned out all over the world. 

Looking at the pictures on FB of all my friends at the Women's Marches in their various cities. Bummed I couldn't go to the one in mine, even knowing it was the best decision. Just looking at the pictures of the crowds makes me nervous, and having a panic attack in a place like that, where police are present, potential tension, and no out of the way place to regroup would have been very bad. First time in a long time the limitations placed on me by my mental illness have really chaffed like this. 

3 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Looking at the pictures on FB of all my friends at the Women's Marches in their various cities. Bummed I couldn't go to the one in mine, even knowing it was the best decision. Just looking at the pictures of the crowds makes me nervous, and having a panic attack in a place like that, where police are present, potential tension, and no out of the way place to regroup would have been very bad. First time in a long time the limitations placed on me by my mental illness have really chaffed like this. 

Same! I feel like my anxiety and back pain aren't an excuse. I felt like I was practicing self-care when deciding not to go, but now it seems like everyone I know went. And what will I tell my future children? I firmly believe in standing up to injustice, and now it's like I had my chance and blew it.

5 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Same! I feel like my anxiety and back pain aren't an excuse. I felt like I was practicing self-care when deciding not to go, but now it seems like everyone I know went. And what will I tell my future children? I firmly believe in standing up to injustice, and now it's like I had my chance and blew it.

I'm trying to remind myself that this is day 1 of a four year fight and there are other ways I can step up. Simply living my life as a woman with mental illness is a form of resistance, because TI'm the kind of person Trump wants to go away. I can support local businesses that are minority owned. Okay, this one's easy. One of the best taco places in my city, owned by a Mexican immigrant family, is just down the street.I get tasty, tasty tacos, and I help a family realize the American dream, because they started the place to send their kids to college. I can donate money to groups who can take my small contribution and grow it in ways I can't do so directly.

It doesn't silence the "I wish" but it helps quiet it.

Poor ol' tiny hands is very worried about his numbers vs. today. First day in office and that is what his ego is worried about. I am going to send him a picture of both days. 

As promised, here are some pictures. Sorry I could not get more. I could not raise my hands. LOL! First picture was at the Metro Station early this morning when getting off the train. 

IMG_3630.JPG

IMG_3631.JPG

IMG_5699.JPG

IMG_5698.JPG

IMG_5702.JPG

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived