IGNORED

President Cheeto 8: Our Long National Nightmare Begins

Destiny

Is this real? I'm in laughing tears. I have to, or I'm gonna lose my shit! Trump talking about God? Wake me up! 

Fucking hell. 

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, zygote373 said:

Sometimes I look through conservative twitter under the guise of trying to know what we're up against, but really just because I'm a masochist. They are spinning it with the fact that DC is full of liberals so it was easy for them to get there for Obama, while Trump's supporters live farther away and maybe can't afford to travel there. And also that they're deterred by the liberal protests. Sure.

My mom came from Atlanta to Boston on Amtrak, and she said there were a bunch of Trump people going to the inauguration and they seemed to be from all over the South, not Atlanta proper. If people really wanted to go, they would, as this example shows. They're just not into you, Trump.

Completely eradicate "Radical Islamist Terrorism" from the face of the earth? Oh yeah, does this have to do with the hardships you said we would go through, at the beginning of your speech? Like what? He assumes welfare people don't work, he said that. Ugh. How dare. He sully my beautiful state by mention, even if Nebraska is wind-swept plains.

After all the Christian pastors, reverends, and priests, now they have a Rabbi. Will there be an Imam?

1 minute ago, apple1 said:

Sorry - Flight attendant uniforms were much better. :-(

good point; retro uniforms were very classy.  but in 1976, everyone went batshit crazy for red-white-and-blue patriotic everything.  i was 6, but i had pants *pants!* in a RW&B liberty bell pattern.  my mom sent me to school in them.

8 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Nothing gets by you, my friend. 

Someone posted a picture of Kellyanne Conway's inaugural outfit on a twitter feed I was reading. Who in the hell would pay $3600 to look like a flight attendant from 1976?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/20/politics/kelly-ann-conway-coat-trnd/index.html

Yikes, another hideous ensemble. What is it with her and Melania? 

On the flip side, I saw a picture of Hillary's pantsuit. What style and class she had. Then, my aesthetic has always been preppy instead of very avant garde or pushing the edges of fashion.

Who is that young, blonde, curly haired woman next to Barron, wearing blue. Looks like Oberfuhrer was chatting her up, all smiles, somewhat flirty? Idk. I'm being BEC... I think we all get a BEC pass today, due to the unfolding national psychotic break from reality. 

Jackie Evanchko is NOT feeling it today... nor sounding like it, either. I haven't any clue who she is, but it sounds very high school level of skill. 

I'm listening not watching.  I think I heard some boos during the Cheeto's crap speech.  The cheering didn't sound enthusiastic either.

Reports are that there are not many people in attendance.  About half compared to Obama.

Sometimes I look through conservative twitter under the guise of trying to know what we're up against, but really just because I'm a masochist. They are spinning it with the fact that DC is full of liberals so it was easy for them to get there for Obama, while Trump's supporters live farther away and maybe can't afford to travel there. And also that they're deterred by the liberal protests. Sure.

Conservative twitter blows my mind. I'm on it right now. You guys, I'm hysterical. I'm just laughing. I think I've officially lost it. I can't fucking believe that Donald Trump is our president. Look at this fool. 

BTW - when Trump talked about patriotism having no room for prejudice, I laughed. Prejudice (white supremacy) is basically the definition of patriotism for this audience. :(

6 minutes ago, catlady said:

good point; retro uniforms were very classy.  but in 1976, everyone went batshit crazy for red-white-and-blue patriotic everything.  i was 6, but i had pants *pants!* in a RW&B liberty bell pattern.  my mom sent me to school in them.

Oh that must have been for the bicentennial! I hope I live to see the tricentennial. I would be 87 or 88. Sigh. Those pants sound cool. Do you have any pictures? They sound amazing!

6 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

Who is that young, blonde, curly haired woman next to Barron, wearing blue. Looks like Oberfuhrer was chatting her up, all smiles, somewhat flirty? Idk. I'm being BEC... I think we all get a BEC pass today, due to the unfolding national psychotic break from reality. 

Jackie Evanchko is NOT feeling it today... nor sounding like it, either. I haven't any clue who she is, but it sounds very high school level of skill. 

Jackie's only 16, so she gets a pass for that.  But she also has a transgendered sister, so that would have been a good reason for declining.  Trump boasts that her album sales went up since she agreed to perform, but she released a new Christmas album and that's what accounted for the uptick.

5 minutes ago, catlady said:

I was 7, and it was definitely an eye searing time for clothing, home fashion, etc.... :pb_eek:

My late mother did impress upon me how fortunate I was to be alive for the Bicentennial though. 

9 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

Oh that must have been for the bicentennial! I hope I live to see the tricentennial. I would be 87 or 88. Sigh. Those pants sound cool. Do you have any pictures? They sound amazing!

sadly, i do not have pictures of my liberty bell pants.  but the fabric was the kind of print that would have worked better as a dress.  my mom probably made them (she made a lot of my clothes until i was about 9 or 10, when it became uncool to wear homemade).

re: @JMarie's photo above, Barron looks like he's trying to find an escape route, his mother looks pretentious, and his father is just a big orange douchebag.  Run, Barron, run!

I decided not to watch the inauguration because I don't want to normalize what he stands for. (I've watched every other inauguration since I was a child, regardless of how I or my family felt about the incoming president's views.) Edit: and I don't mean that as an insult to anyone who did watch the inauguration. Just that I personally was uncomfortable with watching it!

Instead, I made a donation to an important women's health organization. :gay-female:

1 hour ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Hillary is looking better than I would expect, given the situation. That woman is made of steel. 

Also, Michelle is better dressed than Melania. Just saying. 

When Hillary had to deal with Bill's episodes in full view of the entire world, and with her young daughter watching, I KNEW that she was tough as nails and then some. Having had to go through that same crap with my ex, but not in full view of the world, I know personally how devastating it can be. She is the strongest person I know; she would have made a HELL OF A PRESIDENT!  She would have stopped Putin with one look, and ISIS would be history.  Tragic.

Michelle rocks. Classy, poised, graceful, beautiful, brilliant, all the superlatives apply to her.  Melanie is a eurotrash golddigger, too dumb to realize you cannot buy happiness and a fulfilled life.

I'm doing the same,@december. I just can't watch everyone thinking this is ok. I just can't.

I'm literally in my bed hiding under my blankie right now.

I just don't know what to say when the loser of the popular vote says:

January 20th, 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again.

I just can't.

*turns off the TV*

Is the Fox News guy drunk? 

"Donald Trump could be a unifier."

WHAT? 

*takes a Xanax*

I don't normally comment on clothing, but I will this time because I find it odd that rich people, on what could be considered an historic day for them, can't find proper fitting clothing.  It boggles the mind.  I'd be embarrassed if I were Ralph Lauren.  That's just a half-assed job.

Michelle Obama and Joe Biden look how I feel. My mom also won't stop groaning "why" at the TV. Good job mom.

Every time they say "The President" I think they're talking about Obama and then I get a massive slap to the face.

Time to go build my bunker in the ice caps of Greenland! Oh wait, they're melting because some people don't believe in global warming.

Edit: I really like Melania's outfit...wonder who she copied for that look. (Sorry I'm BEC right now. She does look really good)

Huh.  GWB didn't have any issues filling seats for his inaugurations in "liberal" D.C.

2 minutes ago, Childless said:

I don't normally comment on clothing, but I will this time because I find it odd that rich people, on what could be considered an historic day for them, can't find proper fitting clothing.  It boggles the mind.  I'd be embarrassed if I were Ralph Lauren.  That's just a half-assed job.

Yes. Thank you. 

And weird color choice. And bizarre sleeve length for an outdoor event in January. 

Plus the matchy-matching styling. Is she heading out to be a bridesmaid in an 80s themed wedding immediately after this? Pastel with exactly matching shoes would be perfect for that event. 

All over the web, I am seeing people proclaim it "on the mark" and "stunning" and "impeccable". WTF? I find it off the mark, only stunning in how bad it is, and way too ill fitting to be called impeccable in any sense of the word. 

And his clothes never fit. Has he spent so much on gold plating everything around him that there is nothing left to pay a tailor? 

Just wanted to remind everyone who follows President Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Vice-President Joe Biden, or Second Lady Dr. Jill Biden on social media, that @Potus, @Flotus, etc... no longer belong to them. :pb_sad:

Please update to their personal accounts if you intend to continue following them.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived