IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen, Parts 25- More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

25 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

FJ cooks: If any of you want to up your Tater Tot Casserole game, check out all the recipes from this year's Minnesota Congressional Delegation Hotdish competition. At least 3 of the "hotdish" ("casseroles" for us non-Minnesotans) recipes include tater tots, including Senator Al Franken's:

http://www.franken.senate.gov/files/documents/2017HotdishRecipes.pdf

I'm from Minnesota and tator tot hotdish is definitely a staple. I don't eat it much anymore, but I did when I lived at home.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm from MN too. I've only had it twice since I turned 12. My care taker when I was a child used to make it sometimes before that.

my family is more obsessed with tuna casserole more than any other kind casserole/hot dish.

4 hours ago, Jilli said:

I'm from MN too. I've only had it twice since I turned 12. My care taker when I was a child used to make it sometimes before that.

my family is more obsessed with tuna casserole more than any other kind casserole/hot dish.

Here in Australia, in my childhood household it was all about the tuna casserole. 

Speaking of "hot dish".... There is actually a restaurant in Minneapolis called Haute Dish that serves all kinds of gourmet Midwestern comfort food.  So good!   

(The Duggars would still think it too exotic.  Lol)

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

FJ cooks: If any of you want to up your Tater Tot Casserole game, check out all the recipes from this year's Minnesota Congressional Delegation Hotdish competition. At least 3 of the "hotdish" ("casseroles" for us non-Minnesotans) recipes include tater tots, including Senator Al Franken's:

http://www.franken.senate.gov/files/documents/2017HotdishRecipes.pdf

Where the hell am I supposed to get bear meat?

Just now, onekidanddone said:

Ask Betsy DeVos :P

33 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Ask Betsy DeVos :P

34 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

41 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Sheesh,

You get bear meat from a bear.  Hope this helps

I believe the first time I ever heard my dad say, "FUCK!" was when he dropped a dish of tuna casserole that was supposed to be our dinner. It could very well have been Hamburger Helper, though....

20 hours ago, NewOrleansLady said:

Sheesh,

There are plenty of bears out where husband's step mom lives. Some times of year if you want to go hiking it is wise to go with side arm. Bears, mountain lions and the occasional wild dog.  He wants to move there.  I'll stay here right now in my blue county in our blue school system in our blue state. And no bears walking down the street.

ETA:  Aaaaaaand yes ,anything for anyone is for sale on the interwebs

https://www.elkusa.com/Bear_meat.html

On 3/9/2017 at 7:44 PM, NewOrleansLady said:

And pheasant from a pheasant.  Apparently these Minnesotans have expensive tastes. 

Amy Klobuchar is apparently catering for an army, and there are errors in the Sunday Beer Run and Brat Hotdish ingredient list.  Beer sounds good but what kind of cream of crap soup should I pour over the brats?

I think the Solidarity Kugel sounds really good though.  

As someone also from the upper midwest..i hate hotdish. After being forced to eat so many different ones as a kid, I've never once made them for my own family.

I have a friend that sells Pure Romance.I'm 56.I longer have much interest in "romance".

I have friends that are constantly trying to get me to do Plexus.Sure,I'd love some easy weight loss...but it's expensive,another friend is doing it and it's about $126 a month.I'd do Weight Watchers before I'd do that.Maybe I am a tight wad.

I buy Avon sometimes,but I look for there clearance items...lol.Did you know that their bubble bath has over 40 uses??From cleaning the toilet,mopping the floor,cleaning the tub,washing clothes.

As far as the fertility.My first son was unplanned..but we were having unprotected sex..within a month,I was pregnant.With my next son,I stopped the Birth Control pills,told Mr Melon it might be up to a year before I got pg....he said No,it would not take that long.He was right.Within two months I was pregnant.Mind you ,everyone is different.I breastfed my second son,and used no birth control.Apparently,I was a woman who did not ovulate...I also did not have my period until my son was 15 months old.I  told my husband not to worry.I had one period and then got pregnant with my third.I had my tubes tied.I was 24,the dr and nurses tried to talk me out of it.I breastfed again and did not have a period for 14 months.My mother was absolutely appalled when I told her about no birth control between the 2nd and 3rd.She claimed I was playing Russian Roulette.

I'm sure this has come up before--maybe even many times, so, if someone wants to point me elsewhere, please do!

What are some of your least favorite words and phrases of Duggarese?

Mine include: 

• season of life
  • the word "purpose" used as a verb
  • precious
  • fellowship--especially "sweet fellowship," actually, any time they use sweet
  • heart for the lord

I know there are millions more!

• How when Jessa and Jill were courting, they would say "I'm courting Derick Dillard/Ben Seewald." You don't need to say their first and last names we aren't going to confuse them. 
  • Joy-Joy/Jilly Muffin/any nickname: They seem made up. 
  • Neat 
  • Pieces of your heart 
  • Daddy holds their heart 

44 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I'm sure this has come up before--maybe even many times, so, if someone wants to point me elsewhere, please do!

What are some of your least favorite words and phrases of Duggarese?

Mine include: 

• season of life
  • the word "purpose" used as a verb
  • precious
  • fellowship--especially "sweet fellowship," actually, any time they use sweet
  • heart for the lord

I know there are millions more!

• Super excited.
  • Ummm so, yea.

I have a drinking game (compiled from drinking games posted on here) that I need to edit, but here are some of my "favorite" Duggar-isms from that list:

The Lord laid it on our hearts to...

Convicted (about religious stuff)

Keeping your heart pure before marriage

My absolute favorite, though, is when JB breaks out in to (fake) Spanish, such as "Back-o out of the way-o" or saying "Gracias" in China.

-precious

-sweet

-helpmate

-hubby (I don't know why but I have always HATED the word hubby!)

-babe

-baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabe!!

48 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:
  • How when Jessa and Jill were courting, they would say "I'm courting Derick Dillard/Ben Seewald." You don't need to say their first and last names we aren't going to confuse them. 
  • Joy-Joy/Jilly Muffin/any nickname: They seem made up. 
  • Neat 
  • Pieces of your heart 
  • Daddy holds their heart 
  • Purpose.
  • Jess/Blessa 
  • Totally

27 minutes ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

I have a drinking game (compiled from drinking games posted on here) that I need to edit, but here are some of my "favorite" Duggar-isms from that list:

The Lord laid it on our hearts to...

Convicted (about religious stuff)

Keeping your heart pure before marriage

My absolute favorite, though, is when JB breaks out in to (fake) Spanish, such as "Back-o out of the way-o" or saying "Gracias" in China.

Jim Bob saying "Hola" everywhere! Dear god. 

Modest!!!!

18 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

"Servant's heart"

This one is definitely the worst. It basically means we've beat our daughter into total submission so that she willingly does everything without being asked and volunteers for more. See: Michael Bates/Jana. 

The one that pisses me off:

"s/he has a heart for the Lord".

Often listed as the number one reason to love your child/courting partner.  

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived