IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen, Parts 25- More threads than Duggars

samurai_sarah

Are those shakes intended for children?  I don't know much about them, but if they are high protein, or diet shakes,  they probably are not good for growing kids.  I mean, probably a partial serving is fine, but it concerns me, that these little ones are being fed something that is not really meant for kids. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really think they are the Shakeology ones, if I had to guess I would be more likely to believe they re fruit and veggie smoothies the girls learned to make and they just call them Greenberry. At $100/bag for the Shakeology, I really don't think they would just be buying it to serve to everyone. Not to mention the 21 day fix workout videos are very Nike considering the workout gear the men and men are wearing.

Plus isn't Greenberry a vegan flavor? I think they would go for regular chocolate or vanilla if they were serving protein shakes to the kids - which imo, is really a long shot.

Who really knows, though?

11 hours ago, Mela99 said:

My god, even the fundie world isn't immune from that ... I'm gonna scream if one more random person wants to "coach" me.

I've had to unfollow 3 friends on FB because of this crap. Its like they put crack in mix or something. 

17 hours ago, calimojo said:

Are those shakes intended for children?  I don't know much about them, but if they are high protein, or diet shakes,  they probably are not good for growing kids.  I mean, probably a partial serving is fine, but it concerns me, that these little ones are being fed something that is not really meant for kids. 

I'm not sure the stuff they usually serve at the TTH is really meant for kids either. Or anyone ... :pickle:

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I've had to unfollow 3 friends on FB because of this crap. Its like they put crack in mix or something. 

I'm so over people I haven't heard from in years all the sudden wanting to "catch up" read- sell me their crap!

I sort of thought they just casually mentioned Greenberry as part of an endorsement deal.  Michelle has looked like she has lost weight recently.  It wouldn't surprise me if they use them.  It seems to me that those home based businesses are faves with the Fundie crowd.  And it might be even considered by JB to be an acceptable business venture for the older girls in the family. 

15 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

I'm so over people I haven't heard from in years all the sudden wanting to "catch up" read- sell me their crap!

Same. It's either the Shakeology, Rodan and Fields or Jamberry. The Jamberry one gets under my skin the most because I'm a nail art and manicure fan -- and all my friends know it. I've been asked 17 times -- not an exaggeration, I've kept track -- to host a Jamberry party. And every single time I've said no. I hate that crap. It's not good for your nails and I would go insane if I had the same design as someone else - and the same design for TWO WEEKS?? 

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Same. It's either the Shakeology, Rodan and Fields or Jamberry. The Jamberry one gets under my skin the most because I'm a nail art and manicure fan -- and all my friends know it. I've been asked 17 times -- not an exaggeration, I've kept track -- to host a Jamberry party. And every single time I've said no. I hate that crap. It's not good for your nails and I would go insane if I had the same design as someone else - and the same design for TWO WEEKS?? 

Jamberry seems to have died down here. Now it's Shakeology, Lularoe, and the skincare (is that Rodan and Fields)? I don't buy any MLM or attend the parties but I'm asked ALL THE TIME.

I know 4 different women who sell Rodan and Fields, three at my sons school and one I was friends with in school.  Also one with Young Living, two for Shakeology, one with some clothing line that doesn't come in my size and one with Thirty One.   All know I will contact them if I want something.  

Also, I asked people at the terminal I run to bring reuseable cups in for coffee cause I don't know when/if im getting more cups and you would have thought I asked them to drink out of a toilet.  The styrofoam cup thing drives me up a wall.  

On 2/26/2017 at 6:57 PM, WiseGirl said:

Are they making Shakeology Greenberry shakes? Does that mean they follow Beach Body?

Which would be kind of funny, considering WholesomeWear negates the need for a beach body, lol.

daaaang Miss Cindy has a bomb.com plastic surgeon.  She is looking gorgeous.

Also, mechelle is wearing a "short" skirt when she and Jinger pick up Jeremy from the airport.  It's amazing how that alone trims 10 years off of her!

I'm feeling kind of uneasy about how mainstream and "normal" TLC is making this nut house lifestyle look.

20 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Jamberry seems to have died down here. Now it's Shakeology, Lularoe, and the skincare (is that Rodan and Fields)? I don't buy any MLM or attend the parties but I'm asked ALL THE TIME.

The Jamberry fad isn't around much around here anymore either. A Facebook friend has this makeup/jewelry thing going on, & she advertises it on Instagram, too, but I disregard those things. I figure that if that's something that she's interested in & is excited about, that's cool for her. It doesn't effect me in anyway, but that's ok, too.

I'm just glad "It Works" is finally dying down around here. That was unbearable. 

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm just glad "It Works" is finally dying down around here. That was unbearable. 

I have never even heard of that!

28 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The things people will do to try and take your money. I've never bought a product from an MLM and can't imagine ever doing so. The prices alone are a huge deterrence and the fact that you have to "know a guy." What am I trying to buy weed or something?

I had an older sorority sister approach me a few weeks ago about UR associations which is through the amway and high key she was too young to be involved in it (she's about 2.5 years older) but now with Sierra I guess people are trying it younger and younger? This one was buying "everyday items" through the association but it never made sense on how you do this if you're in a "business" group.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Reminds me of the Full Monty, where one of the guys used plastic wrap to try to look slimmer. At the same time he was eating a candy bar.

Oh my god, I wish MLMs were dying down for me. There is now a tag circulating where you talk about and tag people in that are "Small business" people. I swear there are at least 5 Scentsy people, Silver, Younique, Jamberry, Epicure. You name it I'm sick of it! 

2 hours ago, Kelsey said:

The prices alone are a huge deterrence and the fact that you have to "know a guy." What am I trying to buy weed or something?

Cannot stop laughing. You are right! :)

A few months ago, my boyfriend - my sweet, innocent, boyfriend - happened to meet an Amway rep. Yep, Amway is still around. He was at work at Starbucks, which from internet searching is apparently where they are encouraged to do their "networking," for whatever reason, and she started asking him about his life goals. Then she said she was a financial guru or something and a small business owner and wanted to talk to him about how to make his money work for him. She told him to invite me too.

I went, mostly out of curiosity, though I knew it was going to be an MLM pitch. It was the girl, me and my bf and a middle aged couple who was our "recruiter's" recruiter, and they explained the business plan but it clearly made no sense.

Long story short, the girl was my age - 24 - and legitimately believed she would be retiring in two years because of this. Not that she had made the money yet, just that she truly expected to. I felt sad for her, but even more so for the older couple. They had small kids, and told us they joined after the husband was laid off and the wife was sick and a SAHM. I think they meant it to be inspirational but it was just sad to me, because whoever reached out to them clearly caught them when they were desperate.

I hope I didn't make my boyfriend sound like an idiot, lol he would never actually sign up for something like that and invest money, but he really believes the girl just wanted to give him free financial advice. He always sees the best in people, and is rarely on his Facebook so he doesn't see MLMs on a regular basis like those of us on social media do.

For a while, a friend on Facebook was constantly posting about Thrive. At least that has died down recently, but one of her friends is a Plexus Ambassador. :pb_eek:

9 hours ago, Londish said:

A few months ago, my boyfriend - my sweet, innocent, boyfriend - happened to meet an Amway rep. Yep, Amway is still around. He was at work at Starbucks, which from internet searching is apparently where they are encouraged to do their "networking," for whatever reason, and she started asking him about his life goals. Then she said she was a financial guru or something and a small business owner and wanted to talk to him about how to make his money work for him. She told him to invite me too.

I went, mostly out of curiosity, though I knew it was going to be an MLM pitch. It was the girl, me and my bf and a middle aged couple who was our "recruiter's" recruiter, and they explained the business plan but it clearly made no sense.

Long story short, the girl was my age - 24 - and legitimately believed she would be retiring in two years because of this. Not that she had made the money yet, just that she truly expected to. I felt sad for her, but even more so for the older couple. They had small kids, and told us they joined after the husband was laid off and the wife was sick and a SAHM. I think they meant it to be inspirational but it was just sad to me, because whoever reached out to them clearly caught them when they were desperate.

I hope I didn't make my boyfriend sound like an idiot, lol he would never actually sign up for something like that and invest money, but he really believes the girl just wanted to give him free financial advice. He always sees the best in people, and is rarely on his Facebook so he doesn't see MLMs on a regular basis like those of us on social media do.

Huh, that must be what this one young girl tried to get me into. I was just looking through some clothing racks at a store and she started up a conversation with me just about the clothes. Then started asking me what I did for a living, etc., said she was working with a couple on some business project. I thought she was being friendly, and I'm such an introvert I was proud of myself for keeping the conversation going and maybe making a friend? A little while later she asks me for my phone number and then the pitch comes....sigh. 

Also have a facebook friend who just discovered Thrive and now posts about it 10 times a day. Another friend does Mary Kay and even though I have never bought anything from her she still calls me or messages me out of the blue- I never respond. She has been doing this for years. 

7 hours ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

For a while, a friend on Facebook was constantly posting about Thrive. At least that has died down recently, but one of her friends is a Plexus Ambassador. :pb_eek:

I still know a lot of people that are into Thrive. My SIL being huge into it. She's always posting on social media with specific hashtags about her thriving and how it's helping her get healthy, yet all her "before and after" photos look exactly the same. 

The only MLM I've ever purchased from is Pampered Chef. I really like some of their products but I despise Pampered Chef parties and nearly every consultant I meet. I just happen to have a really cool neighbor who lets me order from her with no pressure. :pb_lol: 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived