IGNORED

Joy and Austin: dating with a purpose .... or something (part 4)

Destiny

17 minutes ago, buggers said:

I'm curious who she will chose. I assume it will be a sister, but who is she close to? Maybe Jill? Or Jana - they seem closer now that the other girls are gone.

She can always choose her best friend Carlin Bates. 

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

She can always choose her best friend Carlin Bates. 

It would be interesting if she was the first to break from having a family member as maid of honor. And didn't Josh use JD as his best man? 

Just now, buggers said:

It would be interesting if she was the first to break from having a family member as maid of honor. And didn't Josh use JD as his best man? 

It would. Don't know if she'll be allowed to. Alyssa Bates had her husband's sister as MOH but all the rest had a sibling (or mother inMichael's case.)

37 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

It would. Don't know if she'll be allowed to. Alyssa Bates had her husband's sister as MOH but all the rest had a sibling (or mother inMichael's case.)

I feel like their entire bridal party are basically their MOH. They all think with the same mind: "Oooh nail polish"

10 hours ago, buggers said:

I'm curious who she will chose. I assume it will be a sister, but who is she close to? Maybe Jill? Or Jana - they seem closer now that the other girls are gone.

Jill hasn't been a maid of honor, yet. All the other older girls have been once. Therefore, I would think it will be Jill. When Johannah gets married it will be Joy, and so on. I think each sister will be a maid of honor for another sister at least once. So it's Jill's turn as matron of honor ;-)

I'm thinking maybe this for bridesmaids:

Jana
Jill (MOH)
Jessa
Jinger
Johanna
Anna
Megan (Austin's sister)
Carlin Bates

34 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Jana
Jill (MOH)
Jessa
Jinger
Johanna
Anna
Megan (Austin's sister)
Carlin Bates

+ Jennifer Hartono

+??? another Bates girl?

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Jill hasn't been a maid of honor, yet. All the other older girls have been once. Therefore, I would think it will be Jill. When Johannah gets married it will be Joy, and so on. I think each sister will be a maid of honor for another sister at least once. So it's Jill's turn as matron of honor ;-)

Who was Jill's MOH? I don't think it was Jessa because I get the vibe that Jessa kind of hates her (and the other sisters who aren't Joy or Jenny seem indifferent to her).

Who was Jill's MOH? I don't think it was Jessa because I get the vibe that Jessa kind of hates her (and the other sisters who aren't Joy or Jenny seem indifferent to her).

Jana.
+ Jennifer Hartono
+??? another Bates girl?

Joy and Amy seemed pretty close until Amy publicly renounced her families way, she's been pictured with them less and less, so I think it's a safe bet she has little to do with Joy now. Otherwise I would've thought out of all the girls, Joy may have been the one to have Amy in her bridal party.

12 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Technically, Erin was also Michael's MOH, both were wearing the same dress and it really seemed like Michael chose her mother just to shut her up

51 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Jana was Jill's MOH. She asked her at Anna's home when they went dress shopping for Jill. It was at a time was Jill came across as "I'm the first Duggar girl to get married, so bow down, you peasants!". Jana seemed buffled at first but then seemed to like the idea.

11 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Jana
Jill (MOH)
Jessa
Jinger
Johanna
Anna
Megan (Austin's sister)
Carlin Bates

I can see her having Jenny as well, isn't Jenny in her buddy team? I'm almost more inclined to think she'll pick Carlin, because Jill is more of a mom than a sister to her.  I really think her and Jinger have hit it off. they seemed to be doing a lot of stuff together after Jessa moved out, her and Jana as well, but Jana and Jinger never seemed that interested in each other.  The only sister I don't see Joy getting on with is Jessa, at the moment Joy is the one sister that they all seem to like except Jess, who really only likes herself. She could maybe pick Jinger, but the more I think about it the more I see her being pressured into having Jill as MOH because as someone else said she hasn't been MOH yet. 

I could see her picking Carlin. She probably has more in common with her than her sisters.

Then again I also had to have my sister as my MOH or else she never would've shut up about it...

On 1/21/2017 at 10:53 AM, Teaistheway said:

Seriously, do not worry - smears and sex are completely different experiences.  I'm very far from being a virgin and still hate smears -sex, on the other hand, when you're ready and with the right person is fabulous!

Unless, like some here have mentioned, you have a medical condition like vaginismus or something.

On 1/21/2017 at 1:04 PM, VeganCupcake said:

Some people's doctors must be terrible! A Pap smear should not hurt or even feel uncomfortable. The cervix is one of the numbest parts of the body. My first gynecologist visit was not uncomfortable in the least. I really recommend switching doctors. 

On 1/21/2017 at 9:52 PM, onekidanddone said:

Find another doctor.  Really you don't want to forgo taking care of your health.  Find one you can talk to first before the PAP is done.  Tell her/him your concerns. A good GYN should be able to do the test and have it not hurt.

Again...unless you have a medical condition that would cause a pap to be uncomfortable.

On 1/3/2017 at 6:06 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:

OT but Continuing on Tabitha's future husband, he has a remodeling/construction business named Robertson's Remodeling that's located in Powell TN. I'm pretty sure he's 44 years old making it a 13 year difference between him and Tabitha.

Screen_Shot_2017-01-03_at_6_04.00_PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 6.07.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 6.08.48 PM.png

wow. looks like he's a real gem. I Guess he couldn't "date with a purpose" when he was a ripe young lad because of the rape/sexual assault? SHouldn't he never be marries because of that???GOsh, feel so bad for Tabitha

Because Joy is rather young in this courtship I predict that It will go similar to Josiah/Marjorie

On 1/25/2017 at 4:02 PM, buggers said:

Yeah, he did. There was that whole thing where JD forgot to bring the ring up to the altar and had to run out of the ceremony to get it

21 hours ago, eveandadam said:

But who will Jana choose? I think Jana would choose Jill.  But if Joy chooses Jill, Jill will be a moh twice (not that there's anything wrong with that). Idk, I feel like Joy might choose someone closer in age to her. 

But who will Jana choose? I think Jana would choose Jill.  But if Joy chooses Jill, Jill will be a moh twice (not that there's anything wrong with that). Idk, I feel like Joy might choose someone closer in age to her. 

Interesting thought about Jana choosing her bridesmaids. She seems to have the most non-family friends! I feel like she would choose Laura (MaisieSpace), Michael Keilen and Tabitha Paine for her future bridal party, and definitely Jill for MOH. Those 2 always seemed to pair up when Jill was at home, so that's my bet.

I know it would never happen, but I'd love to see Joy revert to her younger "tomboy" self and pick one of her brothers to be her Man of Honor.

Yeah, I know. JB would convert to Zoroastrianism before he would let that happen. 

17 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Then again I also had to have my sister as my MOH or else she never would've shut up about it...

If I ever get married I already know I'll ask one of my cousins to be a bridesmaid, but not my other cousin. She'd just make everything so dramatic and focused on herself. Tbh, I hate hanging out with her but there's like an unspoken rule that the other cousin and I can't do things like sleepover or see a show without her, as it would cause *drama*. I'm already preparing for her outburst when she find out I wouldn't ask her. 

15 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Interesting thought about Jana choosing her bridesmaids. She seems to have the most non-family friends! I feel like she would choose Laura (MaisieSpace), Michael Keilen and Tabitha Paine for her future bridal party, and definitely Jill for MOH. Those 2 always seemed to pair up when Jill was at home, so that's my bet.

I can see Jana preferring a small bridal party. Jill for MOH, her friends Laura and maybe Jennifer Hartono and one other friend, and the rest her sisters.

I'd love to see Amy jammed into a fundie gown tbh.

And is it just me or does that pic of Tim Robertson make him look like a skinner and less dopey David Rod?

I have serious question. Does anyone know what happens if someone is widowed?  Do you "court" if you are interested in remarriage? I can't imagine having a chaperone at 30, 40, 50 years old!  Do you bring your children? What's the deal? 

12 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

I have serious question. Does anyone know what happens if someone is widowed?  Do you "court" if you are interested in remarriage? I can't imagine having a chaperone at 30, 40, 50 years old!  Do you bring your children? What's the deal? 

I don't know why but this made me spit my root beer out laughing.

On 1/19/2017 at 9:14 AM, MargaretElliott said:

All right, this might be TMI (sorry!) but with all the advice flying everywhere, I thought I'd put in my two cents... you might want to get checked out by a doctor before. Just to make sure everything's normal down there. Long story short, I had an underlying medical condition (microperforate hymen, google it) that made sex impossible and attempting it was excruciating. Needed surgery and (as a result of post-surgical vaginismus) LOTS of pelvic floor physical therapy. So to anyone out there for whom sex is painful/impossible, you're not alone. Your first time isn't supposed to hurt. If something's wrong, go to a doctor, and tell them everything, so they can help you. I was so confused and scared, because I never knew my conditions existed. I thought I was broken. Well, I kind of was, but thanks to some fantastic doctors, things got better. It's a lot of hard work and it's emotionally draining, but you can get there :hug4:

I was not a virgin on my wedding night although most people who knew me at that time in my life would have sworn otherwise. Despite prior experience with previous boyfriends and my newly minted husband I didn't know I had endometriosis. Penetrative sex HURT and unfortunately the first time as man and wife he was in a hurry to seal the deal and wasn't considerate. I wasn't relaxed or lubricated, more like gritting my teeth and thinking of England so sex was painful for those reasons alone. After he thanked me for consummating our marriage which made our honeymoon sex feel like a wretched business transaction. 

I had surgery for endo six months into my marriage, which didn't work and spent the next 10 years in increasing agony around my cycles before the blood loss was a threat to my life. He used the medical reality as an excuse to barely touch me and then eventually left because I couldn't give him babies. More like he wasn't willing to work with me to have those kids., Friends with bad endo who had loving and gentle husbands in bed managed to have kids. Took more work between the couple but definitely doable. 

So I feel really bad for ignorant fundie brides who may have the added complications of unknown medical issues. I was relieved when Erin Paine was taken to see a doctor and got things sorted out instead of just left to suffer and wonder what the hell was wrong with her. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived