IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

9 minutes ago, purjolok84 said:

New post - Happy Birthday Sarah Maxwell!

She's diligent and delightful and 'you invest yourself for us and the Lord'. So nothing's changed in Maxhell.

I found the Bible quote they used interesting; Proverbs 31:25: Strength and honour are her clothing; and she will rejoice in time to come.

What will she have to rejoice about Steve?

Sarah is nowhere near the Proverbs 31 woman - no helping the poor and needy, no buying a field, no feeding and caring for her own family - talk about your cherry picking!

Will be Interesting to see if David – Nigeria "behold your anointed face." With Sarah, or is it only John's face he wants to anointe?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That birthday post for Sarah kind of reads like an evaluation from a job, impersonal, correct and cold.  She deserves better.    

Steve, that birthday message to Sarah is disgraceful. She's your oldest daughter, and all you do is post four words describing her? Do you know her at all? She wrote PARAGRAPHS about you on your birthday. 

1 hour ago, SuchABlessing said:

Steve, that birthday message to Sarah is disgraceful. She's your oldest daughter, and all you do is post four words describing her? Do you know her at all? She wrote PARAGRAPHS about you on your birthday. 

And everything he referred to has to do with her Titus2 work.  Nothing personal at all.

It looks like something colleagues would write about a co-worker.

Damn. Even John got an exclamation mark, which makes it seem more heartfelt, if you see what I mean. 

These people are so fucking depressing. 

No surprise that another birthday post is awful, impersonal and useless. It's the Maxwells. They don't have a true emotion in their bodies and no ability to see anyone or anything outside their cult POV.

I could write a more personal, heartfelt birthday wish for Sarah.

But, since Jesus doesn't love me like he does them, I should cry in my cheerios and contemplate my death place rather than care that they treat their offspring as tools for their game rather than human beings.

I can't say happy birthday to Sarah; another year, nothing new in any way, shape or form; no growth, no change, no personal fulfillment.

What a miserable existence.

Poor Sarah. She's 35 years old and still a child.

I wonder if that Bible quote is often used to convince her that she's going to get what she wants, what she's been told her whole life is her duty, eventually. Like, be strong now even if you are miserable, and you'll be happy eventually. 

Sarah, whatever it is you want, you aren't getting any younger, so go fucking get it now!

?£'It's interesting that Sarah wrote a really nice post for Chris or Nathan, can't remember which, and it seemed heartfelt. Yet, no one writes anything like that for her and doesn't for anyone else. Makes you wonder if she was really close to that brother but not her other siblings. 

I can't decide which is more depressing - Sarah turning 35, or Trump's inauguration tomorrow.

:tw_bawling:

2 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

I can't decide which is more depressing - Sarah turning 35, or Trump's inauguration tomorrow.

:tw_bawling:

I still have a faint hope that Sarah will give Steve the finger and run like a bunny before she is 36.

The only hope I have for Trump is that he will be impeached before Sarah hits the 36 year mark.

God Help America. :(

For shame, Steve.  You can do better than that.

If we were to summarize your character in four words, it might be:
Diligent
Detailed
Delightful
Determined

If I were to summarize Sarah's life in four words they would be:

Deadly, Dutiful, Dull, and Depressed.

Poor Sarah.

Y

If I were to summarize Sarah's life:

Drab

Dreary

Despondent

Daddy's Doormat

The use of the word "might" in that description bothers me, but I can't put my finger on why. It's almost like they are syaing they don't really think too much about her. I don't know, it's just odd. 

20 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Thank you, I'll look it up.

Vis-a-vis what I bolded, May I offer an old, apolitical woman's advice?  Illegitimati non carborundum!!! Don't let any bastards or any situation get you down!  I went through this with friends when W was elected.  One of them actually died shortly after Obama was elected.  I really think her vow to "cry all day every time I see that man [W] on TV for the next four [sic] years!" weakened her already-unwell system.

March, speak out, speak up, but keep living your life!  It *is* the best revenge - on any bad person, place or thing!

New post up.  All I can after reading it is "WTF did I just read?"

I could write a nicer post and I've never even met the woman.

Steve, try something along the lines of: "every year that passes reminds your mother and I of how much we love you. Your (unpaid) dedication to the family business is what keeps the wheels turning, to say nothing of the joy you bring to our house and family. We thank the Lord for having blessed us with your presence and wish you all the best on this day and in the year to come. May all your wishes be fulfilled."

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I still have a faint hope that Sarah will give Steve the finger and run like a bunny before she is 36.

The only hope I have for Trump is that he will be impeached before Sarah hits the 36 year mark.

God Help America. :(

Though if he gets impeached, we get Pence. It's like getting rid of Joffrey Baratheon and then Fundie Tywin Lannister takes the throne.

I've been a follower on Free Jinger for a while now and would just lurk, but I finally made an account! :)

Does anyone else think the David thing is a little mean? Sarah is naive and it feels like she's getting taken advantage of. She doesn't pick up on sarcasm, and it's one thing to snark on them, but to actually interact and mock? That's going kind of far.

I mean.... it's funny... but also kind of cruel?

I go back and forth. Cus it's hilarious. But she's also stunted. But she's an adult. But she's also a little captive.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:20 PM, fundiefan said:

I should cry in my cheerios

Newly pregnant, and the only thing I got out of your post is how good cheerios sound right now :(  With sliced bananas. And maybe strawberries. But it's 7 am here and my husband is asleep and I have no energy. 

I guess I'll settle for trix :(

4 hours ago, Maxi_Skirt said:

I've been a follower on Free Jinger for a while now and would just lurk, but I finally made an account! :)

Does anyone else think the David thing is a little mean? Sarah is naive and it feels like she's getting taken advantage of. She doesn't pick up on sarcasm, and it's one thing to snark on them, but to actually interact and mock? That's going kind of far.

I mean.... it's funny... but also kind of cruel?

I go back and forth. Cus it's hilarious. But she's also stunted. But she's an adult. But she's also a little captive.

What did David say that leads you to believe he is being sarcastic rather than sincere?

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

What did David say that leads you to believe he is being sarcastic rather than sincere?

Thanks Kpmom - hugs

All I did was point out that it was possible that John went to David's country - Stevie made it apparent on the blog that it was top secret.... after the Liz Munk crap. 

over the years I do , under different names, made fun of them, Tom of Finland, Marge Simpson.... but I am not cruel 

Ooh. According to a comment reply Sarah's been 'plotting' her latest book this week. Wonder if it's just going to be a repeat of the Moodys with a different name or *possibly* something a little different. She's marketed herself as a children's author so I can't imagine it'll be too different to the Moodys.

1 hour ago, johnhugh said:

Thanks Kpmom - hugs

All I did was point out that it was possible that John went to David's country - Stevie made it apparent on the blog that it was top secret.... after the Liz Munk crap. 

over the years I do , under different names, made fun of them, Tom of Finland, Marge Simpson.... but I am not cruel 

Hi! 

I'm sorry if you thought I was implying you are a cruel person (I actually find you really funny/witty!)... but for some reason I just feel protective over Sarah *shrugs*.   I'm sure you're nice IRL but trying to "pull one over" on Sarah (not Steve), especially on her birthday, just doesn't sit well for me.

I do find what you say funny. But then I feel bad about laughing. Just wondered if anyone else here felt this way. 

Edit: expanded on my point. 

Steve seems to have edited the David comment because I have no idea what you are all talking about. Nigeria, anointing, and penguins?  The comment sounds sincere to me.

@johnhugh, I thought we had decided John's magical mystery tour was to Bangladesh or Sri Lanka.  I've never known you to be cruel although I wonder whether it is wise to tweak Steve's nose.  I have to admit that I got a huge laugh out of Cliff saying congratulations and jubilations to the Maxwells.

@Maxi_Skirt, people have different thresholds for interactions with the Fundies we snark on.  The rule is that FJ can't control what people do on their own time, but that members should always keep the name of FJ out of it in interactions with Fundies.  However, if FJ members find any other member's interaction distasteful they can say so.  As you just did.

I'm 99.99% sure that Steve screens all comments on the blog before he lets Sarah see them.  He certainly doesn't let poor sheltered Sarah anywhere near the reviews of her books on Amazon.  It is Steve, not Sarah, who dons his Hazmat suit to respond to reviews.  Nastily.

It's a real pity that Sarah is still so sheltered and naive that she can't pick up on mild sarcasm.  She is a full grown 35 year old woman, after all, and should be treated like one.  At some point she is going to have join the real world, even if she has to wait until Steve kicks the bucket to do so.

20 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Ooh. According to a comment reply Sarah's been 'plotting' her latest book this week. Wonder if it's just going to be a repeat of the Moodys with a different name or *possibly* something a little different. She's marketed herself as a children's author so I can't imagine it'll be too different to the Moodys.

She announced ages ago that her new series was going to be very different from the Moodys.  

We speculated that she would invent a new family:  a happy group of cousins who spend an awful lot of time with their stay at home Aunties, do reading with Grandma, and treasure Family Bible Time with their wonderful Grandpa and the rest of the "extended family." :wink-kitty:

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived