IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

Another comparison picture. The comments are filled with 'You're carrying so much lower this time, it's a girl'. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what we listen to in the car = um Dr. Wayne Dyer - motivational speaker - power of inspiration since I bought the car in 2012 - and the radio 

does she look bigger ? or smaller - anyone mothers hello 

and the song I like is the one from general hospital from the 80's I like a lot of 80's music 

40 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Another comparison picture. The comments are filled with 'You're carrying so much lower this time, it's a girl'. 

She is carrying much lower. Is there any legitimacy to that corresponding with the gender? 

3 minutes ago, buggers said:

She is carrying much lower. Is there any legitimacy to that corresponding with the gender? 

None whatsoever. Shape of stomach has to do with where baby/placenta attached and how strong the stomach muscles are.  Usually on a 2nd pregnancy they're not as taut as with the first.  Size varies from pregnancy to pregnancy too.  Maybe this baby is a little smaller (hopefully for Jessa's sake.) My mom carried me very differently from my sister and kept hearing (and hoping) that I was a boy. Nope!

Just now, justmy2cents said:

None whatsoever. Shape of stomach has to do with where baby/placenta attached and how strong the stomach muscles are.  Usually on a 2nd pregnancy they're not as taut as with the first.  Size varies from pregnancy to pregnancy too.  Maybe this baby is a little smaller (hopefully for Jessa's sake.) My mom carried me very differently from my sister and kept hearing (and hoping) that I was a boy. Nope!

Interesting! Thanks. I've always wondered about that. I hope it's a smaller baby than Spurge. And I hope that she actually has a hospital birth this time after all the medical issues last homebirth. 

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I was once in the grocery store and heard "I Wanna Be Sedated."  I was like, really? This is where we are now?

That's pretty bad. Hearing "All I Want to Do is Make Love to You" by Heart is a weird one I've experienced in a grocery store. 

Anyone else see how odd it is that we are talking about our favorite music when we were young (or our kids' music) & these fundies can't listen to secular music? If the song doesn't mention Jebus, they are not supposed to hear it. Yet music is one of the joys of life.... 

15 minutes ago, mstee said:

She looks like she's carrying exactly the same way to me. I think the angle is just a little different. 

Phew. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks she's carrying exactly the same...I am a pregnancy noob though since I've never been pregnant. 

5 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Hanson, 98 Degrees, Britney Spears. The worst part is that I still don't think it's horrible. :P

Classic rock is my thing, but when the above music somehow comes over the radio I can't say I still don't know all the words and sing my heart out :pb_lol:

4 minutes ago, Alachantal said:

Classic rock is my thing, but when the above music somehow comes over the radio I can't say I still don't know all the words and sing my heart out :pb_lol:

Ah you have to sing when those come on the radio! :) 

@nst, Is the song you remember from General Hospital Rise by Herb Alpert, by any chance?  It was the song that was played in the background as Luke raped Laura.  It reached number 1 on the charts.  Laura falling in love with her rapist was controversial even then.  A lot of us thought it was a shitty, horrible plot line.  Women don't fall in love with their rapists.  Rise was a good song, but that plot line sucked!

And yep, I have Rise on CD and sometimes listen to it while I'm driving.  

You're Having My Baby, My Eyes Adored You, Seasons in the Sun, and Happiest Girl  in the (Whole) USA  are some of the worst songs ever!

9 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

As for the threat title, I present the atrocity that Canada inflicted upon us:

Hey now! He may come from Canada, but the atrocity known as Justin Bieber was definitely Made in America!

10 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@nst, Is the song you remember from General Hospital Rise by Herb Alpert, by any chance?  It was the song that was played in the background as Luke raped Laura.  It reached number 1 on the charts.  Laura falling in love with her rapist was controversial even then.  A lot of us thought it was a shitty, horrible plot line.  Women don't fall in love with their rapists.  Rise was a good song, but that plot line sucked!

And yep, I have Rise on CD and sometimes listen to it while I'm driving.  

You're Having My Baby, My Eyes Adored You, Seasons in the Sun, and Happiest Girl  in the (Whole) USA  are some of the worst songs ever!

I was referring to Up where we belong which was featured on General Hospital in the 80's also All I need by Jack Wagner - and because I love that song so much - when he came back and sang it to his real exwife I still have that on my pvr.  I was into DOOL and Santa Barbara - general hospital Terry and Kevin 

anything by miley cyrus is bad 

@nst, General Hospital did pretty well in having rockers in the cast.  I assume you remember Rick Springfield playing a doctor on GH?

1 minute ago, PennySycamore said:

@nst, General Hospital did pretty well in having rockers in the cast.  I assume you remember Rick Springfield playing a doctor on GH?

a bit :) and he was  in a movie where he played a rock star with Meryl Streep - I love that movie

full confession I still have scott Baio's records even though no record player lives here 

9 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

So are we sure it's not twins then? (taking opportunity to move musical choice away from Beiber) ;) 

I have an unhealthy rage for Amy Grant, that stems from having to listen to her Christmas album play on an endless  loop when I worked at Target 1 Christmas in the early 90's.  Not only did I work at Target I worked at the customer service desk, where you got to deal with all the angry people. Good times. 

9 hours ago, mstee said:

She looks like she's carrying exactly the same way to me. I think the angle is just a little different. 

Me too. I think she's arching her back more in the first picture, possibly to make her bump look bigger, possibly because her core muscles are stronger now after a year of carrying Spurge around.

As for Justin Bieber, remember that the town that produced him also gave the world Loreena McKennitt. And the best damn Shakespeare productions that you've ever seen.

Two boys. I was thinner in the second pregnancy but baby #2 was bigger than baby #1. Also there  are women with enormous bellies that have tiny babies. 

13 hours ago, mstee said:

I think so too. Plus in the first pregnancy, she did seem to be wanting to make the bump bigger. I don't know if she's really doing that this time around. 

I don't see any real difference either. Maybe a bit bigger in the first photo, but her shirt also seems a little looser in that one.

23 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Come on barbie let's go party...it's a catchy one! Reminds me of being in university, one of my friends and I were waiting at the crosswalk, we could hear a car in the distance and when it came closer we heard Aqua, on bust. There were two guys inside bobbing their heads and singing away. 

I'd have those guys be my headship any day!!!1!!

19 hours ago, buggers said:

Interesting! Thanks. I've always wondered about that. I hope it's a smaller baby than Spurge. And I hope that she actually has a hospital birth this time after all the medical issues last homebirth. 

What were the homebirth medical complications? I remember she was bleeding a lot post birth did we ever find out why?

9 hours ago, alba said:

Me too. I think she's arching her back more in the first picture, possibly to make her bump look bigger, possibly because her core muscles are stronger now after a year of carrying Spurge around.

As for Justin Bieber, remember that the town that produced him also gave the world Loreena McKennitt. And the best damn Shakespeare productions that you've ever seen.

Loreena McKennitt: I have no words for how much I love her music!

23 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I was once in the grocery store and heard "I Wanna Be Sedated."  I was like, really? This is where we are now?

I wanna shop where you do. The best my store can do is early 90's "safe" grunge. But the ultimate for me is Barry White while sauntering down the condiments aisle. :output_eeMbjt:

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived