IGNORED

Jinger and Jeremy- God Defend New Zealand (Aotearoa)

samurai_sarah

The idea that a pastor family can't/ should not eat name brand food it's nuts. My Rabbi's wife was never really involved in temple. Some of the older women had an issue with the fact she is an independent woman. 

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our priest's wife isn't that involved in the church, except for services on Sunday, of course. Not a requirement.

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Our priest's wife isn't that involved in the church, except for services on Sunday, of course. Not a requirement.

My Rabbi's wife is their every Saturday. About 19 years ago she passed out during the 2nd day of Rosh Hashannah services & had to be carried out on a gurney. She was not feeling well that day but felt as though she had to go to services because if she was not their people would talk mean about her. 

When my pastor passed away suddenly the church ended up splitting. I haven't set foot back in that church since.  We decided to give his wife a monetary gift, like a death benefit we sure didn't provide life insurance. A few weeks later she bought herself a new car.  Many in the congregation were very upset about it.  Had a complete meltdown because they didn't like how she was spending her money. It got ugly. 

On 12/10/2016 at 1:39 AM, JillyO said:

Have you tried Aleve (Naproxen)? I made do with Tylenol and Advil for years before going on the pill and my periods were hellish (while I was on the pill, I could usually do without pain relief). After I went off the pill, I used Aleve for the first time and DAMN, has it ever made a difference in my life. I can now actually work during the first two days of my period, rather than just curling up in a ball waiting to die. So in case you haven't given Aleve a shot, it may be worth it. Sorry you have to deal with this, and I hope you find a way to make it better!

Sorry this took me so long to reply to!  Had some sick kids to tend to (nothing serious, viral infections throughout the house).  Anyways, so I just logged in, and saw this ~ I definitely want to try to anything I can to avoid BC at this point.  So hey, I'll try some Aleve :)   Thanks for the suggestion! <3

4 hours ago, emscm said:

He thinks Jinger is intelligent, but he also compliments her on being simple? Make up your mind Jeremy. 

I wonder if when he says "simple", he means uncomplicated, or down to earth, etc.  Not simple minded.

Obviously you can be intelligent and down to earth, but Jeremy can't seem to string that thought process into a general description for his wife.

5 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

swedish chef maybe?

I was thinking of Animal!  

ETA: But Grover works just as well!

21 hours ago, buggers said:

I'm sure she won't have time for a silly hobby like photography with all of those new preacher's wife duties! Duties like standing next to her husband to greet congregation members, baking casseroles for sad people, nodding passionately along to important sermons, and - of course - getting pregnant almost immediately. 

Don't forget, she'll probably be in charge of their "crisis pregnancy center", so she'll be spending time talking women out of abortions.

5 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

They are the same type of people who like to remind those in public service, "I'm the one that pays your salary." Therefore, in their minds (not in mine), they feel justified that they have a say in how public servants (or ministers) spend their money. It's mind blowing to the rest of us- we wouldn't dream of critiquing our plumber's shopping choices or our doctors. 

Many of us can't even imagine this type of scrutiny. However, read the comments the anonymous Internet trolls put on articles about teacher's salaries and the salaries of city/county/state/federal workers, and you'll see that too many, anonymously feel this way. 

I used to be a police dispatcher. I remember when I went to the academy, one of the instructors talked about the types of calls we could expect to get. He brought up this type of call. He said his reply was always, "that's right, and you need to get a better job because I need a raise." I always wish I had the guts to say something like that, but I have a tone that caused people to complain when I would say hello.

I definitely don't think that Jeremy means to imply that Jinger is simple minded.   I think he means it as a compliment, meaning that she is straightforward and not high maintenance. 

I hope that Jinger and Jill were able to have some honest discussions about what it is like to live away from the compound.  Even if Jinger has been desperate to get away,  this will be a big change for her.  I hope that Jeremy is smart enough to realize she has been very sheltered and that she has not been encouraged behave independently.   

On 12/10/2016 at 9:48 AM, Bethella said:

The family that had the most living generations (7 generations!) had the grandmother Augusta Bunge aged 109 years 97 days, followed by her daughter aged 89, her grand-daughter aged 70, her great-grand-daughter aged 52, her great-great grand-daughter aged 33 and her great-great-great grand-daughter aged 15 on the birth of her great-great-great-great grandson on 21 January 1989.

To pull this off you have to be willing to have multiple generations all have their children before age 20.   I'd love to be able to know my  great-great grandchildren, but don't know if I'd be willing to have had kids any younger.

On 12/12/2016 at 1:35 PM, Sd11 said:

His comments around the 33 minute mark are interesting. Clearly referring to some experiences he and/or Jinger have had.

Why does it look like he's smirking a lot when he talks?

On 12/12/2016 at 5:27 PM, Audrey2 said:

I just watched about five minutes of the video, and all I can say is, "Oh, Jeremy!" His gestures drive me crazy! They strike me as a cross between a Batman type, who would fly with his arms, and a symphony conductor. I'm not snarking on conductors- there baton work is purposeful and makes sense, but Jeremy looks like he's trying to direct his congregation. 

When I wanted to see the 33 min mark, I dragged the mouse across the time bar and got a chuckle out of him flailing his arms around full speed

@nst, Yep, Bert and Ernie are two of the Sesame Street Muppets while the Swedish Chef and Animal were from the Muppet Show and Muppet films.  Bert and Ernie were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver from It's a Wonderful Life.

Interesting that Jeremy referenced many different versions of the bible during his sermon, including the NIV, which he followed by saying he liked the verse version from that one the best. 

His sermon was wayyyyyy toooooo long and he too wayyyyyyy tooooooo loooonnngg to make his point.  Sometimes I detected shades of Steven Anderson.  Not in the content but just some of the animation, and of course the cheap looking background. 

12 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Of all the married Duggars and spouses, I think Jinger may be the least likely to get an Instagram/ social media account. Jeremy is the closest thing to a real pastor (at least he plays one on Sunday mornings in a small church).

Agreed. It could be a good sign if she's not leveraging her celebrity on social media. Hopefully it might mean they are planning to lead lives that are more socially and financially independent of Jim Bob and Michelle, unlike the other married Duggar children. Time will tell.

12 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I've even heard of folks getting upset because they've seen a pastor's wife buying Cheerios instead of toasty-o's, so their pastor's family isn't being good stewards of their income, and they're paying the  pastor too much.

By that same logic, they should be buying generic brand themselves even when it's nasty, because as good Christians they could be spending that extra money on charity! Also, have these people never heard of coupons? Sometimes it's cheaper to buy brand name!

On 12/14/2016 at 6:08 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

I dunno, I quite enjoy cleaning the kitchen when I'm in the right mood.

I think it's more like, choosing your favorite chore is choosing your favorite routine medical procedure. You know they both need to get done and there are some you like better than others. But they all still suck.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 11:09 PM, eleanora3 said:

So they're having a 2 hour wedding episode even though the wedding was already shown?

I think people felt cheated 'cause the whole wedding episode was rushed.  But before the two hour special there's another episode where we get to see Jinger say yes to the dress and pick a pasta dish for guests, etc. (which is in itself encouraging -- maybe there was even more real food than we thought).  So the wedding special must include a lot of reception speeches., interviews with siblings, Jinger packing to never come back, etc.  Speaking of which, how and when did her stuff get to Laredo?  Maybe we'll have the exciting reveal on that tidbit.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 1:48 PM, sophie10130 said:

It seems like just one of those bits from the Duggar's website. Didn't they do something extremely similar? I wonder if it was just copy and pasted. 

Notice she doesn't have a favorite book or author. Just favorite Bible passage and favorite Bible "character"

Question: did they even get to read texts about the Bible? Even something like C.S. Lewis's Mere Christianity? 

Well Jessa and Ben love Charles Spurgeon, so they definitely read Christian books other than the Bible, but if you mean scholarly Bible commentaries ... probably only approved ones?  They're probably read some C.S. Lewis, although who knows what IBLP doesn't approve of. There's probably a definitive list of approved Christian commentators/authors.

1 hour ago, trustworthy said:

Well Jessa and Ben love Charles Spurgeon, so they definitely read Christian books other than the Bible, but if you mean scholarly Bible commentaries ... probably only approved ones?  They're probably read some C.S. Lewis, although who knows what IBLP doesn't approve of. There's probably a definitive list of approved Christian commentators/authors.

But did she read that before or after she got married? I don't know very much about Charles Spurgeon and I'd rather not know very much because I don't care, but isn't he a Calvinist? And aren't Calvinists not really the same type of fundie as the Duggars? That points to me that she was introduced to it after she was married. I thought I saw something like that around here somewhere at some point but I could be totally off base

7 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

But did she read that before or after she got married? I don't know very much about Charles Spurgeon and I'd rather not know very much because I don't care, but isn't he a Calvinist? And aren't Calvinists not really the same type of fundie as the Duggars? That points to me that she was introduced to it after she was married. I thought I saw something like that around here somewhere at some point but I could be totally off base

Yes Spurgeon was a Calvinist and purely a Ben thing. Ben was raised Calvinist and you can find many mainstream baptist churches who follow Calvinist teachings to varying degrees. I have often wondered about the mental gymnastics one has to do to name a child after a man who taught many different views than how you were raised. 

7 hours ago, grandmadugger said:

Yes Spurgeon was a Calvinist and purely a Ben thing. Ben was raised Calvinist and you can find many mainstream baptist churches who follow Calvinist teachings to varying degrees. I have often wondered about the mental gymnastics one has to do to name a child after a man who taught many different views than how you were raised. 

hence now Jessa watches fixer up with Spud 

why not 400 club ?

On 12/15/2016 at 9:12 PM, calimojo said:

Interesting that Jeremy referenced many different versions of the bible during his sermon, including the NIV, which he followed by saying he liked the verse version from that one the best. 

His sermon was wayyyyyy toooooo long and he too wayyyyyyy tooooooo loooonnngg to make his point.  Sometimes I detected shades of Steven Anderson.  Not in the content but just some of the animation, and of course the cheap looking background. 

I think he was nervous, for one thing >_> boring for another, I couldn't finish it.

it's starting to feel like Jeremy has swallowed Jinger up, she's just gone in one big gulp (like the cookie monster eats a cookie)...

On 12/14/2016 at 9:02 AM, socalrules said:

I made the mistake of clicking on the link to their website. The "Facts" section for Jinger and Jeremy are so different. Jeremy's has his hero, favorite author, band and soccer player. Jinger's has her favorite Duggar episode and favorite CHORE. WTF. So Jeremy looks well rounded and Jinger doesn't need to appear remotely interesting. They couldn't come up with one interesting tidbit about Jinger we didn't know so we learn her favorite chore is laundry, which is what she was tasked with at her parents' house. Who has a favorite chore? It's not a fun activity. The next time I am bored I am going to go wild and scrub the toilet. 

Jinger's "personal" tidbits were copied verbatim from the Duggar website, that section of which hasn't been updated in years. I can't believe that they didn't have her write something up before that site went live. Piss poor planning. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived