IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin

eveandadam

3 minutes ago, FlamingFundie said:

DANG! Perhaps engaged already?! 

I highly doubt they'd make a big to-do about a courtship on the show if they weren't sure that something would come of it, so probably. :( 

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't know what to make of Jinger getting hitched , can't cope with Joy too. 

And even worse, they must be much further along than just getting to know each other, if she is already added into a family pic like that on their website. They will be announcing an engagement before long. 

Well, crap on a cracker!

I suspected either Joy would be the one to break free, thanks to Cousin Amy (they always seemed close to me) or she'd decide she was over being a J'slave within a year or two after being promoted and pull an Alyssa Bates. I guess we, sadly, have our answer. I could see Joy seeing that she could either be the co-mom (of two) for 13 kids (not counting the 3 married sisters, Josh, Jana, or herself), or have a household of two, probably becoming 3 in a year. I also suspect, but can't prove, that Jessa pulls her own version of a Michelle by spending a lot of time over at the TTH and expecting her sisters to care for Spurgie. If this was the case, I can see Joy seeing this life would only get worse and feeling that she needed to escape as soon as she had the chance. I hope Austin is really good to hear and encourages her to do athletic things. She seems the most suited to being at a family camp.

Yeah, I'm betting already engaged, based on that family picture (which to me looks like he's one of only two kids!! the the man and woman on the left being his sister and brother-in-law), the fact they're announcing this at all, because they haven't announced a single other "courtship" before engagement was official (I personally believe Jinger and Jeremy were already engaged when their relationship was announced and the "engagement" photos with him in runners were just a reenactment).  The one exception was Jessa and Ben but only because that clownboat Ben spilled the beans about his hot new girlfriend on Facebook, otherwise no way would we have heard about him until several months to a year later, once they were officially engaged too.

The announcement video is painful to watch because it illustrates just how FREAKING YOUNG Joyless is.  She's barely 19 but looks and sounds like a 13 year old child.  Though I suppose you could say that about nearly everyone in this FUF (fucked up family), including Kim Jong Boob and OfKim Jong Boob.

In less than one year she'll be married and probably pregnant.  Ugh. 

Time will tell how she acts when dating/married. If anything I could see her wearing pants [WHICH YES I KNOW MEANS NOTHING] and not being as "BAAAAAAAABE" as the others. She seems comfortable enough in the video to not wear makeup around him and he has known her a while so he has seen her with and without braces and probably awkward stages. Theres something to be said for that at least. 

So is it true the Forsythes were on a show called worlds strictest parents? If so, someone find the episode!

ETA: found it! It's episode 108!

18 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

This is rather interesting...

he reminds me of Chad Paine in the looks department...

6 minutes ago, Marissap said:

Man, even the server gods are PISSED about Joy courting. Sad sad day. 

I am too, if it helps! Fucking hell. I'm doing what I can, but I recommend you hit copy on your posts for the short term.

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So is it true the Forsythes were on a show called worlds strictest parents? If so, someone find the episode!

ETA: found it! It's episode 108!

They look more gothard-y than the duggars. Poor joy :( 

33 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Holy $#@&  No Joy! Dammit, you were supposed to learn to fly, then escape! 

She seemed so unhappy, I think she wanted out of a life of drudgery. 

I hope this is a long courtship. 

16 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Well, crap on a cracker!

I suspected either Joy would be the one to break free, thanks to Cousin Amy (they always seemed close to me) or she'd decide she was over being a J'slave within a year or two after being promoted and pull an Alyssa Bates. I guess we, sadly, have our answer. I could see Joy seeing that she could either be the co-mom (of two) for 13 kids (not counting the 3 married sisters, Josh, Jana, or herself), or have a household of two, probably becoming 3 in a year. I also suspect, but can't prove, that Jessa pulls her own version of a Michelle by spending a lot of time over at the TTH and expecting her sisters to care for Spurgie. If this was the case, I can see Joy seeing this life would only get worse and feeling that she needed to escape as soon as she had the chance. I hope Austin is really good to hear and encourages her to do athletic things. She seems the most suited to being at a family camp.

My first thought as soon as I saw the announcement was that she was pulling an Alyssa Bates.  Screw raising someone else's kids.  I'm finding a man and getting the hell out of here.

SO, on November 11th they scooped up austinforsyth.com, joyandaustin.com, austinandjoy.com, and joyforsyth.com -- don't hold your breath for a long courtship, folks.

Again with Jana now I'm wondering if she's just like eff it all or if she's feeling some type of way with Joy now courting, which even being about 3.5 year solder than her I would be terrified

The episode of worlds strictest parents....mother of freaking god.

"You don't have to try cocaine to know its bad" dear freaking lord

I found my new entertainment.

Joy is the first Fundie younger than me I have seen courting/engaged. It feels really odd.

I truly hope this is her pulling an Alyssa Bates and choosing to leave on her own terms for her own reasons and not her feeling pressure to court for ratings or any reason other than her own desire. 

So many posts I feel myself reaching to hit the downvote button, but then remember it is not the poster or their post I have issue with, but the facts/reality of the situation I dislike so much.

3 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

So many posts I feel myself reaching to hit the downvote button, but then remember it is not the poster or their post I have issue with, but the facts/reality of the situation I dislike so much.

I do this all the time, particularly in the trump threads. I'm glad it's not just me.

I am having trouble with the site loading so I haven't had a chance to read the thread. But in case you all haven't seen it already....be sure to go to Austin's family's camp website. It makes it look like Joy is already a Forsyth. Makes me a bit sick to my stomach, honestly.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived