IGNORED

Trump 6- The saga of the lone orange continues

samurai_sarah

People Magazine is reporting on Harry Reid's accusation that the FBI knows that Trump has secret connections to the Russians:

http://people.com/politics/harry-reid-fbi-withholding-info-trump-ties-russia-hacking-emails-hillary-clinton-warrant-obtained/

This is good news. There are people who don't keep up as much with political news but do read celebrity news who will see that. I hope it will start turning in their heads and make them wonder. 

Isn't it a sad day for journalism when a celebrity website is doing better reporting on this stuff than the mainstream media. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This man is ridiculous and even more ridiculous are the people who lap up all the outlandish lies.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/31/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-650-million-people-immigration

Donald Trump falsely claimed at a rally on Sunday that Hillary Clinton wants to let “650 million people pour in” to the US and “triple the size of our country in one week”.

Where would you even get that many people who want to come? 

Although Clinton is long on the record in favor of comprehensive immigration reform and a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, there is no evidence she favors increasing the US population by 650 million, a total roughly equal to the combined population of Canada, Mexico and the European Union.

IOr if  everyone in Indonesia, Brazil and Pakistan decided to move in the USA at once.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/31/us-population-would-overtake-earths-in-12-weeks-if-donald-trumps/

US population would overtake Earth's in 12 weeks if Donald Trump's latest immigration claim against Hillary Clinton were correct

The number of people he said would enter the US is nine per cent of the total population of the planet, estimated at 7.4bn in 2016.

I know Republicans like to claim we're the greatest nation on Earth... but would that many people really be interested in coming to live here? Especially after this election? I mean, seriously? There are a lot of countries in the world that I'd classify as being just as great as us. 

WRONG... The country used to be great, but now it's a disaster, a huge disaster. Stupid foreigners want to move in anyway.

Even Karl Rove and Joe Walsh are calling out Comey: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/31/1589052/-Comey-draws-criticism-from-Republicans-for-putting-himself-in-the-middle-of-the-election

I'm sure Rove and Walsh have their own repulsive, self-serving reasons for calling him out. But still, when someone like Rove who has no moral compass to speak of thinks you've behaved with no integrity, you're really in deep shit. 

Maybe I'm being too much of a Pollyanna, but I do have some hope that sane, rational Republicans who were already turned off by Trump but weren't willing to vote for Clinton might now vote for her just because they're so angry about the inappropriateness of Comey's actions. 

I read an article a few weeks ago that was talking about how Trump shouldn't bring up Bill Clinton's infidelities because research from the election when Clinton ran for senator showed that when she was attacked because of that women, both Democrats and Republicans jumped to defend her. I'm starting to wonder if there are Republican women out there who are repulsed by Trump's sexual assault scandal who might be starting to notice how often Clinton is baselessly attacked and might be motivated to vote for her. 

Again, I might be too optimistic on that point, but I didn't expect so many Republican women to be horrified by Trump's sexual assault case, so I think the possibility exists that this might make them switch over. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-vote-twice_us_5816ad80e4b0990edc31e17f

Trump encourages people to vote twice

And now for another installment in our regular series, "People who live in glass houses throw the most stones":

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-pence-emails_us_5817470ee4b0390e69d11e71

In a deeply reported cover story published by Newsweek on Monday, Kurt Eichenwald detailed how the real estate mogul and his companies hid or destroyed thousands of documents in numerous court cases dating back to at least 1973:

Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders. These tactics—exposed by a Newsweek review of thousands of pages of court filings, judicial orders and affidavits from an array of court cases—have enraged judges, prosecutors, opposing lawyers and the many ordinary citizens entangled in litigation with Trump. In each instance, Trump and entities he controlled also erected numerous hurdles that made lawsuits drag on for years, forcing courtroom opponents to spend huge sums of money in legal fees as they struggled—sometimes in vain—to obtain records.

Trump’s demands for transparency from his opponent also fly in the face of his campaign ― he has still not released his tax returns, a tradition followed by every major-party nominee in the last 40 years, and it does not appear he will do so before Election Day. Nor has he provided the public adequate information regarding his health and physical fitness, pertinent data for a 70-year-old candidate.

Pence has also tried to skirt Indiana open records laws. In April, his lawyers argued that an Indiana Supreme Court decision shielding state lawmakers from open records requests ought to apply to the governor as well. Kerwin Olson, executive director of the Citizens Action Coalition, called the move troubling because it “further shuts the door to accountability and transparency in government when we should be going the opposite direction.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-novel_us_580a62bce4b0cdea3d874ca9

The Incredibly Sexist Book Once Mysteriously Billed As Trump’s ‘Debut Novel’

HuffPost found ad copy for the novel, which ended up being released by Jeffrey Robinson.

I just came across this Latin phrase

Quos vult perdere Jovis prius dementat.

That translates to "Those whom he wants to destroy, Jupiter first makes angry."

Maybe that's what's going on here.  Maybe God, (aka Jupiter, aka Zeus, etc) is making the GOP angry so that it will implode and finally go away.  Maybe that's why He inspired Agent Orange to run, knowing that the orange dumb fuck would make them good and mad.

In the spirit of Halloween, here's an adorable photo for anyone who needs it:

Spoiler

IMG_3849.JPG

HRH Queen Velocipuppy has abandoned her Presidential aspirations and is instead focusing her efforts on a hostile takeover. She greatly enjoys the idea of forcing the nation to cater to her every whim and desire. You may all kiss the royal paw. :pb_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

In the spirit of Halloween, here's an adorable photo for anyone who needs it:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3849.JPG

HRH Queen Velocipuppy has abandoned her Presidential aspirations and is instead focusing her efforts on a hostile takeover. She greatly enjoys the idea of forcing the nation to cater to her every whim and desire. You may all kiss the royal paw. :pb_biggrin:

She's demonstrating stink eye!

12 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

She's demonstrating stink eye!

She totally gets her Derp from her momma. :pb_lol:

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I just came across this Latin phrase

That translates to "Those whom he wants to destroy, Jupiter first makes angry."

Maybe that's what's going on here.  Maybe God, (aka Jupiter, aka Zeus, etc) is making the GOP angry so that it will implode and finally go away.  Maybe that's why He inspired Agent Orange to run

Dementat = demented or insane not angry.  I always thought it was "whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad. " 

Mind you, both versions work for Trump and the GOP.

43 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

She totally gets her Derp from her momma. :pb_lol:

She's adorable.

Just wanted to remind everyone that both campaigns could still drop more opposition research to try and swing the race their way. Make sure you have some antacid on hand, as this last week is probably going to be a real rollercoaster.

Almost forgot, Happy Halloween! Go get yourself some treats, we've all earned it by surviving this damn election. As for me, I'm going to make a chocolate cake. :drool:

Daily Kos once again sums up my problem with the mainstream media: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/31/1589207/-MSNBC-all-day-long-GOP-guests-discussing-emails-What-about-Trump-s-Nov28-FRAUD-Trial

So there’s a firestorm in the Media today about MAYBE there are some more Hillary Clinton related emails.

No one has read ANY of these supposed emails yet. No one knows what’s in them.

I’ve had MSNBC on in the background all day today, since 8 am. All day long, they’ve had Republican strategists and former officials and Trump surrogates on and all of them keep asking, “What if Hillary is indicted?” and bringing up the idea that Clinton is guilty of some terrible crime.

There hasn’t been a SINGLE moment  of MSNBC devoted to the TWO upcoming trials of Donald Trump, the first of which is for Fraud related to Trump University, the second of which is for rape of a minor (aged 13).

I haven’t watched any other News programming yet today, so maybe some other channel or one of the Big Three broadcast networks (ABC, CBS or NBC) has covered the Trump Trials story, and I just missed it? Yeah, right.

This blatant propagandizing of the Television news programming of our nation is just unacceptable. If they’re going to discuss the outcomes of charges against Hillary Clinton which haven’t even been laid, then why in the hell aren’t they devoting a moment to discussing the upcoming trials of Donald Trump?

Something smells bad on the News today, and it ain’t fish.

It's just fascinating to me that all the Republicans on my facebook feed are non-stop whining about "the liberal media" and how they're all biased in Hillary Clinton's favor when they truth is they have ALWAYS given Trump a free pass on 80% of the horrible things he does. And they have ALWAYS tried to make a story out of nothing when it comes to Clinton and the emails. 

I think we should start flooding these channel's emails with complaints. 

ETA: Here's the contact information if anyone wants to complain about NBC and MSNBC's lack of coverage of Trump's ties to Russia or their lack of coverage about his 2 upcoming trials. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/contact

Keith Olberman is my spirit animal

He says everything I'm thinking but with more words per minute

http://www.vox.com/2016/10/30/13470940/donald-trump-lose-if

If HRC wins this, will Trump be worried about the Hillacalypse? No, he will take a nice luxury vacation and make some more money

Donald Trump has gotten millions of voters to believe that he’s the only thing standing between them and an American apocalypse; that if he loses, it will portend, on some level, the end of the country as they know and love it.

He’s conning them all. Donald Trump doesn’t actually care all that much whether he wins. He knows that things, at least for him, are going to be just fine.

At least, that’s what his own campaign manager says he believes.

In a feature on the last days of Trump’s 2016 campaign, New York magazine’s Gabriel Sherman quotes Kellyanne Conway admitting that she got “really mad at [Trump] the other day” for expressing his nonchalance:

“He said ‘I think we’ll win, and if we don’t, that’s okay too,’” Conway told Sherman. “And I said, ‘That’s not okay! You can’t say that! Your dry-cleaning bill is like the annual salaries of the people who came to your rallies, and they believe in you!’”

It would be astounding for any candidate to admit, even privately, 10 days before the election that “if we don’t [win], that’s okay too.” It’s especially mind-boggling — and especially irresponsible — for a candidate to believe that privately and then tell his supporters, publicly, that electing him is their country’s last chance.

Will everything go to ruins? Not really...

This means the stakes of this election, for Donald Trump, simply aren’t terribly high. “If at the end of 90 days I’ve fallen short,” he told CNBC in August, “it’s okay. I go back to a very good way of life. ... At the end its either going to work or I'm going to, you know, I'm going to have a very, very nice long vacation.”

And the hangers on aren't really that worried either... 

They don’t necessarily agree on what, exactly, they want to use their following for, though. According to Sherman, Kushner wants to make money off them: He reports that “Kushner has approached Wall Street bankers and pitched ideas for media start-ups,” asking “How can we monetize this?” Bannon, meanwhile, wants to use them as the core of a political movement to reshape the Republican Party, Sherman reports.

But as distinct as these goals are, both of them betray that Bannon and Kushner are actually pretty fine with Hillary Clinton winning the election. They clearly believe that not only will they personally be okay, but so will American democracy: that the Republican Party can still be saved and that a free press will not be shuttered.

In other words, they think America is a lot more robust than they’re telling their followers it is.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/31/13480676/trump-pollster

“Believe me,” Donald Trump has repeatedly said on the campaign trail — suggesting that he can be taken on his word. But if you’re someone who’s working for Trump and hoping to get paid, you might not want to believe him.

Take, for instance, this new story from Matea Gold at the Washington Post, in which she reports that Trump is disputing nearly $767,000 that his pollster says the campaign owes him:

Trump's hiring of pollster Tony Fabrizio in May was viewed as a sign that the real estate mogul was finally bringing seasoned operatives into his insurgent operation.

But the Republican presidential nominee appears to have taken issue with some of the services provided by the veteran GOP strategist, who has advised candidates from 1996 GOP nominee Bob Dole to Florida Gov. Rick Scott. The Trump campaign's latest Federal Election Commission report shows that it is disputing nearly $767,000 that Fabrizio's firm says it is still owed for polling.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/31/13477236/trump-seriously-literally-thiel

Peter Thiel is saying that whenever Trump says something insane he should really be interpreted as saying something sane. 

I don't support a religious test. I certainly don't support the specific language Trump has used in every instance. But I think one thing that should be distinguished here is that the media is always is taking Trump literally. It never takes him seriously but it always takes him literally. I think a lot of the voters who vote for Trump take Trump seriously but not literally. So when they hear things like the Muslim comment or the wall comment, or things like that, the question is not are you going to build a wall like the Great Wall of China, or how exactly are you going to enforce these tests. What they hear is we're going to have a saner, more sensible immigration policy. We're going to try to figure out how do we strike the right balance between cost and benefits.

The rape trial is a re-filed civil suit (and no, I am NOT saying it didn't happen and I no, am NOT victim-blaming in any way) and is also Jeffrey Epstein related. I kind of think that media is reluctant to publicize this -- both Trump and also Bill Clinton (yes, I know Bill is not running, and no, I do NOT blame Hillary for Bill's transgressions) have significant history of association with Jeffrey Epstein. So from media exposing stuff viewpoint - this one doesn't promise to spin cleanly in a single political direction. Prepare to be very angered if you start reading the Epstein stuff.

The failure to expose the Trump-Russians issue seems rather straightforward to me. Pure and simple, media is running scared of being tied up in long and expensive (however unjustified) lawsuits from Trump - given his historically litigious behavior, no matter how unjustified the lawsuits.

The failure to continue to cover the Trump University stuff seems straightforward to me - but may also be litigation avoidance strategy.

@Destiny - That novel stuff is gag-worthy (and I didn't even click anything other than the original Huffington Post page, seeing that I was on my break at work and on a work computer). I doubt I will look any further from home, either. Disgusting.

I really think that before everything is over and done (not just the election, I'm talking more long-term than that) Trump will make Cosby look like a choirboy in comparison. Just my opinion.

So disheartening.

Has anyone seen the articles about the university professor who has supposedly correctly predicted the last 8 presidential elections and is calling this one for Trump? Of course, of the last 8, only the 2000 election was close, so his record is not that big of a deal.  Still . . .

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

Hackers found a secret server where Trump was communicated with Russia: 

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/10/was_a_server_registered_to_the_trump_organization_communicating_with_russia.html

Now the mainstream media had better do their fucking job and talk about this. 

Thank you for posting this. I read the entire article. I freely admit I don't understand all of the tech-speak. I am going to try to get my (retired from that field) computer-geek husband to read it.

Selling US secrets to Russia, or facilitating Russia interfering in order to manipulate the outcome of the US election, would seem to me to be treason. Far, far worse than Hillary's email server transgression. 

Unbelievable. This news broke 2 and a half hours ago and none of the mainstream media is reporting on it. Friday when the email thing came out, EVERY news show and news website rushed to report on it. 

And now. Crickets. WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with the MSM. Trump communicating with Russia is treated as if it's no big deal but someone who knows Clinton has some emails and they report on it like it's the BIGGEST news ever. 

MSNBC and CNN are silent. CNN, NBC, and ABC's websites are all silent. 

I'm so frustrated right now. 

ETA: 

Mother Jones just put up a story about Trump and Russia: 

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/veteran-spy-gave-fbi-info-alleging-russian-operation-cultivate-donald-trump

Certain parts of the media are FINALLY starting to pick up on this story. Fingers crossed that it's all over the media by tomorrow morning. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived