IGNORED

Trump 6- The saga of the lone orange continues

samurai_sarah

On 10/27/2016 at 8:19 AM, VelociRapture said:

Does anyone have a list of businesses supporting Trump through endorsements or donations? I already know husband is giving up Yuengling because the owner is a Trump supporter and we shop at Lowes over Home Depot (the retired co-founders endorsed Trump), but I want to be sure we're avoiding as many pro-Trump businesses as possible.

Too bad about Yuengling.   Gonna break Mr. No's heart.   He loves that beer even though it's not sold in our area, he picks up a six pack when traveling in states that sell it.  

A tidbit: there's a company that I pass on the way home from work that had (maybe now has?) a huge Trump sign in front.  After the weekend that the Bush tape came out, the sign was gone for a few days.  Then it was back again.  Then after last weekend, it was gone again.  So far it's not back but I wonder what's up with that.  

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

My retort when someone says, "but I WANT it" (in a whiny voice) is: well, I want George Clooney and a couple of million dollars. I'm not getting either and have to live with it, so you need to deal too.

Not to get OT, but I will have to remember this.   I get the "i want it" from end users (I work in IT) all the damn time. 

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there's Halloween coming up,  I have a scary video, I'm telling you folks,  I have the scariest video here. It's a tremendous scary video. I have the greatest scary videos. 

An added scaredycat bonus: something that I completely agreed about with Marco Rubio... (guess how much that freaked me out lol)

Mmmmm, democracy doughnuts...

Can I just say I love the nicknames y'all have come up with?(I think I like Agent Orange best.)

I'm just gonna leave this here 

http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-election/video-shows-donald-trump-publicly-humiliating-jennifer-hawkins-20161028-gsdk5l.html

Australia's own Jennifer Hawkins has joined the long list of women who have been humiliated by Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

A video has emerged showing Trump publicly embarrass the supermodel, and lean in for what looks to be a non-consensual kiss, in front of thousands of guests at a corporate event in Sydney five years ago.

Another really scary  article for Halloween: 

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/28/latest-clinton-email-probe-could-hand-the-election-to-trump-commentary.html

Latest Clinton email probe could hand the election to Trump

Please please please let it not be so... 

But when it comes to who we want to put in the White House to lead the country, a vulgar candidate is still a better choice than someone we think is corrupt. It's a distasteful choice to be sure, but not many people would choose a candidate who they believe habitually breaks the law over someone who habitually breaks the rules of etiquette.

It's a false dichotomy. Just because Trump is vulgar, doesn't mean that he's not also corrupt and a lawbreaker. 

And sometimes a corrupt president might yet be better than an incompetent and mentally unstable one. 

Please please don't let this orange cave man  anywhere near the affairs of my world. 

This is going to be a very scary Halloween. If Trump wins then next year will probably be even more scary. 

This election is too much for me.  I have election fatigue.  The only thing that can restore my flagging stamina (low energy!) is Trump making a  fool of himself in some new spectacular fashion.  

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-denies-using-undocumented-workers-to-build-trump-international-hotel/

Donald Trump late Wednesday rejected the claim that he hired undocumented workers to help build his new hotel in Washington, D.C.

“I didn’t hire one illegal immigrant to build Trump International Hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue,” Trump said at a rally Wednesday night in Kinston, North Carolina.

Trump was responding to Clinton’s comments earlier in the day when she said the GOP presidential nominee “relied on undocumented workers to make his project cheaper.”

“She said I used illegal immigrants to build the building. Except I didn’t use one. For two reasons,” Trump said. “Number one, I didn’t want to. And number two, I’m running for president. Why would I, would I do that? So I went with the E-verify system. We didn’t have one illegal immigrant on the job. Everybody knows it. Nobody was hired, and believe me, we could’ve hired plenty. They’re all over the place.”

Trump admitted that he could have “saved probably a lot of money” if he used undocumented workers, but instead used the E-verify system.

Despite Trump’s claim, The Washington Post reported last year that Trump’s company did rely on some undocumented workers to finish the $200 million hotel -- the Post spoke to several of the laborers at the construction site. While some were legal, “others quietly acknowledged that they remain in the country illegally,” the Post story said. The report said that in interviews with 15 laborers who worked on the building, many of them said they had crossed the U.S.-Mexico border illegally.

His denials sound like he's saying yes, he absolutely would hire migrant workers in his other projects but now that he's running for president he must pretend not to. 

He's very carefully not saying that he never hires them and   not saying that no one he employs to run his companies ever hires them, and not saying that it's wrong, or anything like that, and expressing quite a bit of regret that doing things legally is more expensive. I think he's conflicted... he'd love to brag about how much money he saved hiring illegal immigrants.  

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Another really scary  article for Halloween: 

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/28/latest-clinton-email-probe-could-hand-the-election-to-trump-commentary.html

Latest Clinton email probe could hand the election to Trump

Please please please let it not be so... 

It's a false dichotomy. Just because Trump is vulgar, doesn't mean that he's not also corrupt and a lawbreaker. 

And sometimes a corrupt president might yet be better than an incompetent and mentally unstable one. 

Please please don't let this orange cave man  anywhere near the affairs of my world. 

And the head of the FBI just freakin' had to announce this 11 days before the goddamn election, didn't he?

Damn him.

I think this is a game-changer.  Trump was gaining some momentum over the last few days (how and why, I am just smh) and now this BOMB gets dropped on Friday afternoon.

I can imagine people early voting on Monday for him, in droves, based on the event today.  (Won't be me!)

Another thought, can we just NOT ever have to hear the word Weiner again on TV?!  "Weiner probe" was said at least 10 times this evening.  No.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-shy-voters-polls-gop-insiders-230411

GOP insiders: Polls don't capture secret Trump vote

'I personally know many Republicans that won't admit that they are voting for Trump. I don't like admitting it myself,' said a Virginia Republican.

I have three thoughts about it:

1) Yes, it's not always socially desirable to admit that you chose the candidate for their racism and misogyny.

2=If your candidate is that bad, and you know it,  that you would be embarrassed to admit you vote for him, then, just perhaps, voting for him is not such a great idea...? Just saying..

3) these voters will now get a righteous reason to say, "i don't like trump but Hillary's EMAILS..."

I didn't like some of the candidates in previous elections but I was never so  terrified that a candidate would fuck the world up  before Trump. The more I see of him the more he seems like the inevitable descent into fascism to me.

59 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I can imagine people early voting on Monday for him, in droves, based on the event today.  

Allow me to attempt to talk you off the ledge. 

I disagree. I don't believe for a second that all the women who were horrified by his sexual assault scandal, Latinos, Muslim-Americans, people who are concerned about climate change, African Americans, members of the military, people who think Trump is a moron, gay people, and all the other people that Trump has offended, are going to show up in droves to vote for Trump. They see this email thing for the political stunt that it is. 

Even mainstream news programs are calling Comey out and demanding her resign. Not to mention, Hillary Clinton held a press conference where she demanded the information be released, which I think was exactly the right way to handle this. This is a woman who has been on the other end of this Republican witch hunt for years, and she's survived. I believe she will survive again. 

I think this political stunt is going to backfire on the Republicans big time. I think the American people are fed up with the witch hunt and sick of hearing about the emails. And I don't think they're going to rush to vote for a sexual assault-bragging sociopath who doesn't know anything about how the government works over this. 

Hope that helped. Now everyone get out and vote. Vote BLUE all the way and send a message to the Republicans that we're sick of the witch hunt and sick of the political games. 

ETA:

Also, coverage of this seems to be turning to questioning whether Comey behaved appropriately: 

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/28/1588109/-CNN-legal-analyst-Paul-Callan-Time-for-FBI-chief-Comey-to-resign

The worm is turning, and fast. After Hillary’s forceful response where she asks Comey to release all details about these emails, all of it, and Feinstein coming out calling Comey’s letter appalling, we are seeing coverage much more aimed at Comey’s conduct and, in a larger context, GOP desperation.

I think Trump once again proved his unsuitability to be president. He has no more information as anybody else but has already declared this to be bigger than Watergate and talked about how a great miscarriage of justice has been corrected. 

The FBI said it might be insignificant but Trump has already convicted Hillary of an unnamed crime without any evidence . 

That shows he is not president material. He makes impulsive unfair decisions on the basis of selfish gain or a grudge, not informed, wise, just ones. 

In other news, Donald, "i'm the least racist person you know" Trump had a black supporter thrown out of a rally because he thought a black guy must be a thug

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/28/13462538/donald-trump-black-supporters-thug-protester-racism

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

I think this is a game-changer.  Trump was gaining some momentum over the last few days (how and why, I am just smh) and now this BOMB gets dropped on Friday afternoon.

I can imagine people early voting on Monday for him, in droves, based on the event today.  (Won't be me!)

Another thought, can we just NOT ever have to hear the word Weiner again on TV?!  "Weiner probe" was said at least 10 times this evening.  No.

I don't think it's a game-changer.  It might cut her lead dangerously, depending how it pans out.  But really all we know is the FBI ran across some new emails they need to sort through.  For all we know the most interesting thing in the pile is a really great apple pie recipe, just in time for the holidays. 

Edit:  the people who are going to think this is a HUGE SCANDAL sight unseen are already Trump voters.  The ones that might shift back to undecided/just not gonna vote/ok maybe Trump are more thinking "oh for fuck's sake, this again?" 

Hopefully Trump will get offended by someone and start a spat on Twitter and distract us from this, like he usually does. 

3 minutes ago, Petrel said:

I don't think it's a game-changer.  It might cut her lead dangerously, depending how it pans out.  But really all we know is the FBI ran across some new emails they need to sort through.  For all we know the most interesting thing in the pile is a really great apple pie recipe, just in time for the holidays. 

That's all we know but it doesn't matter to the spin... what we know is irrelevant. What they know is that this is finally the nail that will put Crooked Hillary away forever as the FBI is finally able to prove her guilty. 

Of emailing her aide. Or something. 

Just wanted to add that Trump is feeling cocky right now, and his judgement is worse than usual when he's cocky. Some hard trolling on social media, would likely result in the fight that @Petrel talked about above. 

Shit. Just what we don't need - and impeccable timing, with maybe not long enough to get the full truth out there before the election. Investigations take time to clear people.....Comey reestablishing his Republican credentials?

@Cartmann99Thank you so much! I will show him all that, but i don't think it will do much good. He seems to believe that Snopes is financed by George Soros....

So help me God, if Anthony Weiner has screwed this up for us...

So help me God, if Anthony Weiner has screwed this up for us...

Seriously, right? He's the gift that just keeps in giving, and we can't fucking return.

Maybe I'm just being a Pollyanna, but I don't think this is going to negatively affect Clinton. Most news sites I've been to tonight, as well as the TV coverage, are focusing on how wrong Comey is. 

I was really upset with the media earlier today for reporting on this in an irresponsible manner, but things have quickly turned around and they seem to be seeing this for what it is, a Republican political stunt. 

It seems to be firing up the Clinton supporters, who are even more determined than ever to vote for her. I'm not seeing a lot of negative backlash towards Clinton (other than from the hardcore Trump supporters, who already weren't going to vote for her anyway.) The backlash seems to be pretty focused on Comey.  

I think this might even end up being a really big wake-up call for most Americans to realize just how much a witch hunt these investigations against Clinton have been. 

I think this is going to backfire on the Republicans big time. And meanwhile, Clinton is handling this in a very professional and Presidential manner. I'm really proud to be a Hillary Clinton supporter right now. 

Why were they suddenly looking at this computer anyway?

ETA I think the Republicans are running scared, with talk of not just the Senate but perhaps the House being in play, and this is a Hail Mary. Please let it be defused fast!

2 hours ago, sawasdee said:

Why were they suddenly looking at this computer anyway?

They were investigating disgraced former congressman Anthony Weiner for allegations that he exchanged sexually explicit text messages with an underage girl. Not sure how much you already know, but Weiner recently separated from top Clinton aide Huma Abedin after a sexting incident. The emails were sent or received by Abedin on a device shared with Weiner.

I just don't believe this is anything but politically motivated. After the election it will all be found to be a ball of nothing.

3 hours ago, sawasdee said:

Shit. Just what we don't need - and impeccable timing, with maybe not long enough to get the full truth out there before the election. Investigations take time to clear people.....Comey reestablishing his Republican credentials?

@Cartmann99Thank you so much! I will show him all that, but i don't think it will do much good. He seems to believe that Snopes is financed by George Soros....

We get that here too. You can't help people who choose to believe in every half-baked conspiracy theory, urban legend, and chain email that comes along. 

17 hours ago, sawasdee said:

The media has betrayed the US in return for ratings for the horror show

My brother has said this before. He pointed out that they don't care if they help Trump win, the apocalypse will bring in the ratings!

Also I need to double check MSM = Main stream media, right? It took me longer than it should have to figure it out. In grad school we used MSM as shorthand for "men who have sex with men" when discussing sexual health. So I was really confused what that had to do with Trump... 

@louisa05 people like you and my friend who teaches social studies (who also tries to bring current events into her lessons and answers questions kids have about all nonsense they hear) give me some hope. We need more teachers who do this!! Critical thinking is a much needed skill!! And the ability to learn lessons from the past and connect it to he present is needed to function as a society.

And this gem popped up on my Facebook newsfeed and I just had to share it here: image.jpeg

6 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

image.jpeg

How is this a real headline?

This feels like season 7 of Supernatural, when the big baddie of the season was named Richard "Dick" Roman, who was featured on the news a lot as well, and the writers made non-stop dick jokes.

"What makes Dick so hard to beat?"

"Dick is coming"

"The rise of Dick"

"If you dig down deep, it's all Dick."

58 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

I just don't believe this is anything but politically motivated. After the election it will all be found to be a ball of nothing.

Yup, fuck Comey. That raging asshat. He and the rest of these fuckers trying to screw with the election by making up nonsense about Hillary need to be in jail. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived