IGNORED

Trump 6- The saga of the lone orange continues

samurai_sarah

13 hours ago, JMarie said:

Two of my favorite commercials (and neither mention Trump!):

https://www.philanthropy.com/article/The-Y-Nominates-Zoe-for/235464/

Yeah I saw the Zoe for President thing too at the local Y.  If she does run in 2064 I'll be 89 years old by then. 

15 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Does anyone have a list of businesses supporting Trump through endorsements or donations? I already know husband is giving up Yuengling because the owner is a Trump supporter and we shop at Lowes over Home Depot (the retired co-founders endorsed Trump), but I want to be sure we're avoiding as many pro-Trump businesses as possible.

We don't have Yuengling around here but I wouldn't drink that now.  I think I'd rather drink toilet water now than that stuff. 

I try to avoid Menards because of their reich wing tendencies.

One of the local truck sales/service companies around here made it pretty easy, they put a great big Agent Orange sign out in front of their business.  Four years ago they had a big ol' sign up calling President Obama the worst President ever and if they probably would've called him a racial slur on the sign if they thought they could get away with it.  I would never do business with them no matter how good they are.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So nothing Donald Trump gets in trouble for is ever his own fault:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/27/media/donald-trump-nbc-access-hollywood/index.html?sr=twCNN102816donald-trump-nbc-access-hollywood0228AMStoryPhoto&linkId=30432370

Is there any chance Donald Trump could take legal action against NBC for the leak of the "Access Hollywood" tape?

Bill O'Reilly asked him that question on Thursday night, and Trump did not rule it out.

"You'll see, you'll see, you'll see after the election," Trump said.

Trump claimed that the tape represented an "illegal act" by NBC.

Legal experts might beg to differ. But the GOP nominee's comments on Fox were striking -- if only because he continues to keep the "Access" tape in the news.

Guess whom the Clintons are in a conspiracy with now?

Sellura also claimed that the involvement of TV presenter Billy Bush, cousin of George W Bush, in the lewd 11-year-old video that rocked Trump’s campaign was evidence of a conspiracy by the “Bush-Clinton family”. “We feel we’re up against a crime family that makes the Russian mob and the Sicilian mobs look like schoolboys.”

These people are going to defend the constitution (you know, freedom of speech and all that yadda yadda) by burning down the newspaper buildings? (what's wrong with this picture...?)

Trump took his usual swipes at the “dishonest” media during Thursday’s rally, eliciting boos and whistles. Chris Burton, 65, a building restorer, said: “The media are full of BS it’s unbelievable that people don’t go down and burn the newspapers out of existence. It’s just lies.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/28/ds-2710-trump-rally

And I know you will all be shocked to hear this but Donald Trump lied: 
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/27/donald-trump-has-not-invested-100-million-into-race-yet/92865852/

WASHINGTON — Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has repeatedly declared he's putting $100 million of his own money into his White House bid.

But he still has a long way to go, according to reports his campaign filed Thursday night with the Federal Election Commission.

During the first part of October, the real-estate mogul donated $30,681.67 to his presidential campaign, the filings show. That brings his total investment through Oct. 16 to $56.1 million, through a combination of direct contributions and personal loans that he has since forgiven. He has less than two weeks to dump in the remaining $44 million or so to hit his much-touted target

@AmazonGraceThank you so much for trawling through the press and coming up with so many great links! I think I've followed almost all of them, and that leads to another story, and another.....You are my hero!

My conspiracy freak, RT watching, Breitbart and Infowars reading neighbour keeps sending me links for a site called www.usapoliticalnews.com. I think it's all BS - do you know anything about it? I've tried googling, but all I can find is that it appears to come out of Concord, Cal.

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Agent Orange has a brilliant idea (please note the sarcasm font...)

"We should just cancel the election and give it to Trump". That's his newest assertion. No, I am not kidding.

and he's going on about how Hillary is supposedly on death's door.

I don't know about the rest of FJ, but if I had to stand at a podium for 90 minutes, in a battle of wits with the ultimate witless person, I think I'd be tired too. I was tired just listening to him.

Yeah, let's just dump everything America stands for.  And these are the people who yammer ad nauseam about upholding the constitution?

1 hour ago, Childless said:

Yeah, let's just dump everything America stands for.  And these are the people who yammer ad nauseam about upholding the constitution?

I am scared shitless by this man. To openly encourage his supporters to reject the election results, and to invite violence at the polls - out of what I am convinced is pique because he is losing  - and "I'm  a winner", "I will win bigger than anyone" - this not normal political currency.  I have been sure for a while that he has some kind of psychiatric disorder, and I feel that not only the GOP but also the MSM have a great deal to answer for in inflicting him on the general electorate of the US.

Without the estimated $2bn of free publicity given him by said media, at the expense of other candidates, I don't think he would have made it out of the primaries. Plus the fact that he was allowed to lie and lie and lie without challenge in interview after interview.  The media has betrayed the US in return for ratings for the horror show.

Add the unconscionable interference in US politics by Wikileaks - or should I say Putin - (and Trump's encouragement of such) and you have a perfect storm.

Any one  of the many scandals around Trump - refusing to publish his tax returns, his business record of multiple bankruptcies, his record as a racist in the housing sector, his non payment of contractors, the Trump Foundation,  and his imminent court appearance in the Trump University mess - would have sunk any other candidate almost before the primaries began. The "pussy" tape was just the candle on top! WHY has he not been seriously challenged on any of this? But somehow Benghazi, of which Hillary Clinton was cleared of any wrongdoing after god knows how many investigations, is more of a disqualifier? She was cleared in the matter of her emails, and the 'scandals' on Wikileaks have been a joke for their lack of any substance - oh, yes, she is a politician, and her staff discuss how best to defeat  opponents and present her candidacy - wow!

Sorry for the rant, but - I really am shit scared that there are a lot of people out there who are too embarrassed to admit to pollsters that they will vote for Trump.......

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Guess whom the Clintons are in a conspiracy with now?

These people are going to defend the constitution (you know, freedom of speech and all that yadda yadda) by burning down the newspaper buildings? (what's wrong with this picture...?)

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/28/ds-2710-trump-rally

And I know you will all be shocked to hear this but Donald Trump lied: 
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/10/27/donald-trump-has-not-invested-100-million-into-race-yet/92865852/

Agent Orange wouldn't know the truth if it slapped him in the face (or grabbed him by the a$$).

So many of the knuckle draggers I've seen interviewed who are yammering about how the media is all that is bad in the country and who rail against newspapers, probably have never actually read a newspaper and probably limit their TV/radio consumption to Faux News and maybe some Andy Griffith reruns on TVLand, since that harkens back to a "better" time.

4 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

I am scared shitless by this man. To openly encourage his supporters to reject the election results, and to invite violence at the polls - out of what I am convinced is pique because he is losing  - and "I'm  a winner", "I will win bigger than anyone" - this not normal political currency.  I have been sure for a while that he has some kind of psychiatric disorder, and I feel that not only the GOP but also the MSM have a great deal to answer for in inflicting him on the general electorate of the US.

Without the estimated $2bn of free publicity given him by said media, at the expense of other candidates, I don't think he would have made it out of the primaries. Plus the fact that he was allowed to lie and lie and lie without challenge in interview after interview.  The media has betrayed the US in return for ratings for the horror show.

Add the unconscionable interference in US politics by Wikileaks - or should I say Putin - (and Trump's encouragement of such) and you have a perfect storm.

Any one  of the many scandals around Trump - refusing to publish his tax returns, his business record of multiple bankruptcies, his record as a racist in the housing sector, his non payment of contractors, the Trump Foundation,  and his imminent court appearance in the Trump University mess - would have sunk any other candidate almost before the primaries began. The "pussy" tape was just the candle on top! WHY has he not been seriously challenged on any of this? But somehow Benghazi, of which Hillary Clinton was cleared of any wrongdoing after god knows how many investigations, is more of a disqualifier? She was cleared in the matter of her emails, and the 'scandals' on Wikileaks have been a joke for their lack of any substance - oh, yes, she is a politician, and her staff discuss how best to defeat  opponents and present her candidacy - wow!

Sorry for the rant, but - I really am shit scared that there are a lot of people out there who are too embarrassed to admit to pollsters that they will vote for Trump.......

I agree wholeheartedly. Anyone else would have been buried in the primaries with the number of scandals Cheeto has to his name. Meanwhile, we have to talk about the damned emails AGAIN. Bill Maher said exactly what I think, "the emails show that she is a policy wonk who puts her head down and works." Gee, her team discusses campaign strategy. As if no Republican has ever done that.

I am also terribly worried about the idea that there is a large group of people who won't admit publicly that they are voting for Cheeto, but who will fill in the spot next to his name on the ballot. Look at the whole Brexit fiasco.

@GreyhoundFan Wouldn't you love to see a Wikileaks of Trump's campaign?

Anyone who doesn't believe those leaks are very specifically targeted for the benefit of outside interests is SEVERELY in need of a few classes in civics!

1 minute ago, sawasdee said:

@GreyhoundFan Wouldn't you love to see a Wikileaks of Trump's campaign?

Anyone who doesn't believe those leaks are very specifically targeted for the benefit of outside interests is SEVERELY in need of a few classes in civics!

Yes, I would love to see something like that. Of course, it would only be his surrogates, since I don't think Agent Orange could string together enough coherent thoughts for a whole email. I'm sure there are some damning emails or documents out there. Unfortunately, Wikileaks/Putin don't want to bring down AO.  Agreed about the classes in civics. I wish more schools still taught civics classes.

15 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

@GreyhoundFanIs it just you and me in here?

Nah, I'm here too.  It's just I have other things going on in my life...sleep, work, law school, etc that are competing for my time and take a higher priority than that Orange Shitgibbon Fuckhead Idiot J--z Trumpet.

@47of74 You have my sympathy - in the dim, distant past I studied law, and rarely came up for breath....

14 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Yes, I would love to see something like that. Of course, it would only be his surrogates, since I don't think Agent Orange could string together enough coherent thoughts for a whole email. I'm sure there are some damning emails or documents out there. Unfortunately, Wikileaks/Putin don't want to bring down AO.  Agreed about the classes in civics. I wish more schools still taught civics classes.

Most states still require it. It is typically called "American Government" instead of civics. My state requires one semester for graduation from high school. I taught it off and on for my entire 16 year teaching career. 

Just because we teach it doesn't mean people absorb it. Having taught it off and on since the mid 90s, I would say there are three main problems that keep kids from absorbing what they are taught in the course: 

1--Many social studies teachers are men who went into teaching so they could coach sports like football or basketball. Teaching is something they have to do to coach. They go through the motions in the classroom. I have worked with guys like this and have subbed for guys like this. There is no passion or engagement for the subject in their classrooms (and they teach other subjects, too, but an inordinate number of them are in social studies). 

2--In a contentious political world, many parents do all they can to undermine the coursework. No matter what I did in class, I had some parent on the phone complaining that I was biased. I last taught the course during an election in the fall of 2008. I put up bumper stickers for each candidate on my bulletin board. I put the McCain sticker on the right and the Obama sticker on the left and used a yardstick to ensure they were exactly even with each other. Parents on both sides called to complain about the sticker for the other side being in the room. It works like this...kid with GOP parents goes home and complains to mommy that there is an Obama sticker in my room. Parent calls and screams. I tell parent that there is also a McCain sticker. Kid had never mentioned that. Here is another one: that year I showed the class the acceptance speech at each convention. I showed each one the day after they took place. The DNC took place first. GOP parents called to complain that I showed that speech first to influence the kids. After the RNC speech, Dem parents called to complain that I showed the RNC one last to influence the kids. I explained to all that I showed them as they took place. One mother actually said to me , I kid you not, "why did you schedule the conventions in that order?". Last one (of many): I had the kids make an election scrapbook to follow the events. It had to include things like candidate bios, pages on the conventions, debates, etc... The last two pages were election results and headlines/stories about the winner. Multiple parents were upset that I "made the kids put in more pages about Obama than McCain" based on the extra pages about the winner. We worked on the project throughout the fall and the requirements were given to them on the second day in class in August. 

Some teachers react to all of this shit by avoiding attaching the subject to current events. I do not blame those that make this choice. But in doing so, they fail to make any of it relevant or memorable to their students. 

3--Social studies is not deemed important or relevant in education today. It is not tested in any meaningful way which puts it on the back burner (in my local school district, kids have no social studies until 4th grade so that they can have extra reading and math for test prep in the early grades). Schools in my state can now meet world history standards before the end of 8th grade and skip that in high school. It is not STEM so it is not considered important for career or college prep or even relevant. I had a guidance counselor tell me around 2004 that I needed to stop making American history challenging because juniors had a lot of science and math on their schedule and history should be a break in their day where they "don't have to work much". Another teacher told a group of my students that they didn't need to learn government because "all you need to know is what party you are, then go vote for that party every year". When I complained to the principal, I was told "well, he's kind of right; they need science and math more". I attended multiple history workshops in the years between 2001-2008 with other teachers from around the country who have had similar experiences. 

58 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

@GreyhoundFanIs it just you and me in here?

No, I'm here too.  This is my last day at the beach before I have to head back home to my real life. First thing on the agenda Monday morning is to GO VOTE! If Trump should somehow pull off a miracle, there won't be any more beach weeks for me, it will be out of retirement and back to work. Please , please, in the name of all that's good and holy, go VOTE for Hillary and don't waste your vote on a damn 3rd party candidate or write-in.  Be a grown-up! I'm probably preaching to the choir here, but I've seen a few posters who don't like Hillary for one reason or another, so they are going to waste their vote. DON'T DO IT!

I see Orange Fuckhead thinks the election should just be cancelled.

cnn.com/2016/10/27/politics/donald-trump-cancel-election/index.html

Donald Trump, trailing his opponent in key battleground states polls less than two weeks from Election Day, said Thursday he'd like to "cancel the election" and be declared the winner.

"Just thinking to myself right now, we should just cancel the election and just give it to Trump," the Republican presidential nominee said during a rally here on Thursday.

The apparently lighthearted comment falls against the backdrop of Trump's repeated and serious questioning of the legitimacy of the presidential election in recent weeks as he has tumbled in the polls.

Hey, Orange Fuckhead.  Fuck you. 

First Trump won't release his tax returns.  Then he wants the election scrapped and he be awarded the presidency.  What long-standing tradition will he attack next??

I'm just going to leave this here: 

https://www.reference.com/health/warning-signs-sociopathic-personality-79997e326e91eaa6#

An excessively large ego, a dearth of empathy, manipulating others and lying are all potential signs of sociopathic behavior, according to Macrina Cooper-White for The Huffington Post. About 4 percent of Americans are sociopaths.

Sociopaths are marked by an artificially enlarged self-concept, notes Cooper-White. They feel entitlement and are extremely narcissistic. When things go wrong, they tend to blame the people around them instead of taking responsibility for the situation. They also lack the inner sense of emotion that most people develop, which means they do not have a sensitivity for the inner emotional lives of others. This keeps them from being able to feel, let alone express, empathy.

Sociopaths also tend to lie, but the most puzzling part is the lies do not always serve any particular purpose, reports Cooper-White. In some cases, they just lie to see if they can get away with it or deceive people. Sometimes they use the lies to manipulate other people. When they are caught, though, they do not show any sense of shame. This particular personality disorder is marked by a lack of any sense of remorse. 

Good morning, my friends! I just got back from voting and have consumed my pro-democracy doughnuts. :drool:

IMG_20161028_103212_hdr.jpg

I checked with the local newspaper, and the early voting totals for my county are breaking records. Usually when we vote at the hardware store, we don't have to wait. Today we waited in line about five minutes. They had rerouted the line through the middle of the store to accommodate a much larger turnout. While waiting in line watching the store's television, I learned that chopping a log as fast as possible is a sport. :pb_lol:

As usual, I presented my voter registration card and driver's license to the poll worker while wearing a large hat, scarf, and sunglasses. No one ever asks me to remove my sunglasses, nor do they study the picture on driver's license to make sure I'm who I say I am. I'm asked to verify my address by repeating it back to her, I sign the register, and a man at a different table gives me a slip of paper with the code to enter on the machine to get the correct ballot for my precinct.

We have races where the only options are the Republican pro-God, pro-gun, pro-life, pro-death penalty, anti-marijuana legalization, anti-muslim, anti-Obama, anti-immigration candidate, and his or her "Libertarian" opponent who holds the exact same positions. I don't cast a vote in those races. For me, that's like choosing whether you prefer drowning or drinking poison as a way to die.

Anyway, I voted in all the other races, checked the summary page at the end, and hit the red button to record my vote. 

@sawasdee, I'm looking at that site you asked about. I'll post about it later today. 

3 hours ago, sawasdee said:

I have been sure for a while that he has some kind of psychiatric disorder, and I feel that not only the GOP but also the MSM have a great deal to answer for in inflicting him on the general electorate of the US.

Absolutely. It seems that the Republicans could have prevented him from running as their candidate if they had really wanted to. Any U.S. citizen over the age of 35 can run for president, but I don't see how anyone has the right to insist on running as the representative of a particular party. In 1996, Lyndon LaRouche got enough votes in Louisiana and Virginia to get delegates for the Democratic party nomination. The Democrats refused to award him delegates; LaRouche sued but lost in court.

And as far as the MSM--yes, now they are finally reporting on his lies and horrible behavior. But in the summer of 2015, there wasn't so much publicity about his negatives and the interviewers seemed a lot more accepting of his BS. I really think that all the reporting of those early polls showing him leading the Republican field became a self-fulfilling prophecy. If people didn't think he had a realistic chance to win at the time, he would never have as much support as he did early on.

24 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Good morning, my friends! I just got back from voting and have consumed my pro-democracy doughnuts. :drool:

IMG_20161028_103212_hdr.jpg

I checked with the local newspaper, and the early voting totals for my county are breaking records. Usually when we vote at the hardware store, we don't have to wait. Today we waited in line about five minutes. They had rerouted the line through the middle of the store to accommodate a much larger turnout. While waiting in line watching the store's television, I learned that chopping a log as fast as possible is a sport. :pb_lol:

As usual, I presented my voter registration card and driver's license to the poll worker while wearing a large hat, scarf, and sunglasses. No one ever asks me to remove my sunglasses, nor do they study the picture on driver's license to make sure I'm who I say I am. I'm asked to verify my address by repeating it back to her, I sign the register, and a man at a different table gives me a slip of paper with the code to enter on the machine to get the correct ballot for my precinct.

We have races where the only options are the Republican pro-God, pro-gun, pro-life, pro-death penalty, anti-marijuana legalization, anti-muslim, anti-Obama, anti-immigration candidate, and his or her "Libertarian" opponent who holds the exact same positions. I don't cast a vote in those races. For me, that's like choosing whether you prefer drowning or drinking poison as a way to die.

Anyway, I voted in all the other races, checked the summary page at the end, and hit the red button to record my vote. 

@sawasdee, I'm looking at that site you asked about. I'll post about it later today. 

homerdonuts.jpg

Yeah when I went last week there wasn't anyone in line, I was able to get in and out.

We don't usually have races where the question is which Republican is less evil.  If anything it's usually a Democrat running unopposed here.   If I had to I'd just write in a candidate in.

1 hour ago, RoseWilder said:

I've seen these before where people have said Agent Orange has issues, either that he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder or is Sociopathic.  

I think there should be psychological screenings required before someone can be named a candidate for elective office.  If you're going to be anywhere near sniffing distance of the nuclear codes then you should be stable.

18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Agent Orange has a brilliant idea (please note the sarcasm font...)

"We should just cancel the election and give it to Trump". That's his newest assertion. No, I am not kidding.

I want a million dollars. And a pony. Therefore someone should give them to me. Because I am the greatest person in the world ever, anywhere. And I want them.

1 hour ago, turquoise said:

I want a million dollars. And a pony. Therefore someone should give them to me. Because I am the greatest person in the world ever, anywhere. And I want them.

My retort when someone says, "but I WANT it" (in a whiny voice) is: well, I want George Clooney and a couple of million dollars. I'm not getting either and have to live with it, so you need to deal too.

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I've seen these before where people have said Agent Orange has issues, either that he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder or is Sociopathic.  

I think there should be psychological screenings required before someone can be named a candidate for elective office.  If you're going to be anywhere near sniffing distance of the nuclear codes then you should be stable.

I saw this open letter to Ivanka from Michael Moore. It was pretty good. It starts out with this:

I’m writing to you because your dad is not well.

Every day he continues his spiral downward – and after his call for gun owners to commit acts of violence against Mrs. Clinton, it is clear he needs help, serious help. His comments and behavior have become more and more bizarre and detached from reality. He is in need of an intervention. And I believe only you can conduct it.

Despite what Michael writes, I do think Agent Orange has NPD and is a sociopath.

Okay, that site that @sawasdee said her neighbor is enthralled with is definitely um, interesting. By interesting, I mean it fits nicely in the right-wing conspiratorial flaming trainwreck of doom category. If that's all you wanted to know, stop reading now. If you enjoy the crazy, then please keep reading.

Okay, I went through and selected several articles to read and then plunge into some fancy internet sleuthing. It was so bad, that I was forced to eat another doughnut and drink some iced tea in order to fortify myself.:pb_lol: I'm only going to go into detail about three of the articles I read.

1) President and Mrs. Obama have both had their law licenses revoked for nefarious reasons. :pb_surprised:

1. President Barack Obama, former editor of the Harvard Law Review, is no longer a “lawyer”. He surrendered his license back in 2008 in order to escape charges he lied on his bar application. A “Voluntary Surrender” is not something where you decide “Gee, a license is not really something I need anymore, is it?” and forget to renew your license. No, a “Voluntary Surrender” is something you do when you’ve been accused of something, and you ‘voluntarily surrender” your license five seconds before the state suspends you.

2 Michelle Obama “voluntarily surrendered” her law license in 1993. after a Federal Judge gave her the choice between surrendering her license or standing trial for Insurance fraud!

http://www.usapoliticalnews.com/i-knew-the-obamas-both-lost-their-law-licenses-but-i-didnt-know-why-until-read-this/

If you skip on over to Snopes, you find that part of the above article is from the example email they use before they unveil the debunking. :handgestures-thumbup:

The text quoted above is just one example of several similar items that have been circulated during or since the 2008 U.S. presidential election, all suggesting (without evidence) that Barack and Michelle Obama, both of whom obtained licenses to practice law in Illinois, were forced to give up those licenses in order to avoid having them revoked through disciplinary actions or criminal prosecution. In fact, neither of the Obamas gave up their law licenses because they were facing disciplinary actions or criminal charges; such claims are based on misreadings of information about license status and erroneous interpretations and assumptions about such information, as detailed below:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/lawlicenses.asp

The USA Political News article then goes off about President Obama making up quotes that are supposedly from the Constitution (which comes from another chain email) and it gets pissy that President Obama was not a "real" professor when he taught law. The author uses questionable sources like Breitbart.com to make his or her case.

Verdict: :ox:

2) Say it ain't so, Joe!

Democratic Vice President Joe Biden wants American women to get back in the workforce to help boost the economy. “If we just put all the women back to work, if they were able to afford childcare, we would increase the GDP in America by close to eight tenths of one percent,” he said. “That’s trillions of dollars over the next decade.”

Biden made his remarks during a campaign event for Hillary Clinton at Chatham University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on Tuesday. “The state of our economy could be characterized by a single word: pitiful,” he argued. “We’re still battling recession, I don’t care what the official stats are saying, America is still in recession. And we’re not doing anything about it.”

He added that it was “lazy American women” who brought about the downfall of the economy, because “they sit around on their behinds, doing nothing and squandering their days away when they could be improving the country that has given so much to them.” “I’m not sure how exactly we got to this point, but we’re here and we need to move. Like, yesterday,” he said.

http://www.usapoliticalnews.com/biden-blames-lazy-american-women-for-the-economy-they-sit-around-doing-nothing-only-hillary-can-force-them-to-work/

Snopes says:

Tying his remarks to the 2016 presidential election, the article quotes Biden as saying, "Hillary Clinton is the only one who can force American women to go to work."

However, despite containing one or two sentences actually spoken by Biden (e.g., "If we just put all the women back to work, if they were able to afford childcare, we would increase the GDP in America by close to eight tenths of one percent"), the article was mostly fiction. It was an attempt to satirize a real speech Biden gave in support of the Clinton campaign on 25 October 2016 which included this pitch for reducing the cost of childcare:

http://www.snopes.com/biden-blames-lazy-american-women/

3) Clintons spend 200 million for luxury villas.

New York, NY — This afternoon, WikiLeaks says sources in the Clinton Foundation inadvertently leaked the details of an apparently secret deal with Christie’s International Real Estate in New York.

Several recorded phone conversations between Christie’s executives and Clinton board member, Frank Guistra, clearly show that a deal for “The Imperial Maldives” had been closed. “The Imperial Maldives” is a development of 185 water villas set above the turquoise waters of the North Male Atoll. According to the recordings, the agreed price was $200 million (U.S).

http://www.usapoliticalnews.com/wikileaks-clintons-purchase-200-million-maldives-estate/

Once again, Snopes says this article is from a satirical website:

The page about the Clintons' Maldives mansion wasn't the first NC Scooper effort that readers mistook for straightforward news. Prior "crossover" articles included claims that five million uncounted Bernie Sanders ballots were found on Hillary Clinton's e-mail server (and that Sanders had called for "chemtrail reform"), that Meg White was announced as the new drummer for the band Rush, that Merle Haggard had left his entire estate to a LGBT group, and that roving gun confiscation vans had been spotted in California.

http://www.snopes.com/wikileaks-clintons-purchase-200-million-maldives-estate/

So, in reading over several articles from the USA Political News website, I find questionable sources such as personal blogs, Breitbart, Before It's News, and  other websites that breathlessly report every half-baked conspiracy theory or chain email that comes along. You've also got satire presented as factual articles, which is quite troubling. I would generously describe the site as a kernel of truth in an ocean of crap.

I'll bet by the end of the day they'll have a story up about Clinton being an alcoholic due to that WikiLeaks email the nutters are all chattering on about.

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/25842

To me, that email reads not as Clinton is intoxicated with alcohol, but in a "we need to make sure she fully understands what exactly we are dealing with, let's not sugarcoat things" sense. 

I'm eating another doughnut now, I've earned it.:pb_lol:

http://www.vox.com/2016/10/28/13456682/donald-trump-sycophantshttp://www.vox.com/2016/10/28/13456682/donald-trump-sycophants

One thing that’s come out in various hacked emails released by WikiLeaks is that many of Hillary Clinton’s campaign staffers and informal advisers are sensible people. They recognize that Clinton’s reluctance to apologize for things is bad. They worry that she has too much of a soft spot for certain longtime hangers-on who don’t necessarily serve her interests well.

Donald Trump says that he would not tolerate the presence of people who say bad things about him in his campaign or his White House.

As a quick way of bringing some more attention to unflattering emails about Clinton, this tweet is savvy. But as an expression of Trump’s actual thinking — and I fear that’s what it is — it’s just another example of his serious sycophant problem.

The reality is that nobody is perfect. In theory, one advantage a wealthy or powerful individual should have in coping with his or her imperfections is that you can rely on staff to help you out with things. The risk, however, is that you end up simply surrounding yourself with flatterers and sycophants who tell you what you want to hear.

If anyone told him what he didn't want to hear he'd

1) call them losers on Twitter

2) threaten to sue

3 ) bring it up in a bitchy-wounded manner time and again several years later

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived