IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 12: Transformed, But We Can't Tell

1 hour ago, onemama said:

Emilycharlotte,

I think the women questioning Lori are the ones who think she's a "Titus 2" lady of virtue. The ladies defending her seem to enjoy the occasional (or frequent) kerfuffle.  Something tells me the lady who made that particular comment enjoys stirring things up and conversing with the likes of Dave, Jeff and the other men in desperate need of some "Titus 2 lady" teaching.

I think you're right. ;) But the complete lack of self-awareness will always boggle my mind.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Facebook comments on the "women running for office post," two people are questioning why she has deleted their comments. Lori simply can't handle the real-world consequences of "fame," can she?  

3 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

In the Facebook comments on the "women running for office post," two people are questioning why she has deleted their comments. Lori simply can't handle the real-world consequences of "fame," can she?  

They should feel grateful they're still ALLOWED to even MAKE comments on the godly mentors page.  :evil-laugh:

Ken Alexander Is it even possible to scold a group of people or shame a group of people? If people can't take a bit of truth telling, or someone's perspective on things, they should not be on social media. We should all be sharing what we believe is true, and back it up by the Word of God, not just an opinion or feeling.

Oh the irony...just one thing after another today...

So I guess today's notebook doodle was a not so subtle dig at Ken and his recliner.  

Her privilege is showing though, because while it's obviously not fancy, it looks fine, and it matches the sofas very nicely (you can see them in the background).

Sure enough, Ken chimes in to remind her:

We did compromise and I bought you the couches to match my chair. But I did have a mismatched chair for years, and that is why I love you so 

He loves her because she tolerated mismatching chairs?  :my_dodgy: *sigh* Big deal, most couples just starting out don't have perfectly matched everything.  I am in my mid...okay, latish thirties, and I have *just* gotten my house the way I really want it.  Before that it was just whatever we could afford.  No one complained or expected a special snowflake badge for putting up with it. It's what we had, and that was that.

Then  Mr. Brilliant Ken ponders:

Is it even possible to scold a group of people or shame a group of people?

Umm, yeah Ken...it is.  

Lord have mercy, what is this guy on?

He continues:

If people can't take a bit of truth telling, or someone's perspective on things, they should not be on social media. 

:pb_lol:  Really Ken?  Your wife deletes things all.the.time (probably by the hour) because she doesn't want to hear another person's perspective.

But back to those recliners.  Why is having a recliner a big deal?  I would have preferred leather to that micro-fiber he picked, but otherwise it looks like a comfy chair.  If I had that kind of space, we would totally have a couple.  Alas, my living room only has room for a sofa and a love seat, so that's what we've got.

Lori seems to push away anything comforting.  Comfy chairs she allows as a "compromise" (to what, sitting on the floor?), dinner is a big salad (which has got to get old).  I would go crazy in no time at all in a house like that.  

If people can't take a bit of truth telling, or someone's perspective on things, they should not be on social media. 

In front of my husband and son, here in my living room, I started laughing uncontrollably when I read this. :laughing-rolling:  I can't possibly explain it to them, though. 

Ken, you win the fundie Internetz for this one.:clap:

Am I the only one who has a brilliant mental image of Lori being a voice in the wilderness?

"Listen to meeeeeeeeee! I'm a Titus 2 womaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn! I preach the word of Gooooooooooooood! I had a post go viiiiiiiiiiiiiirrraaaaaaaaaaallllllllll!"

For extra effect imagine her in a howling gale with pouring rain.

22 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Am I the only one who has a brilliant mental image of Lori being a voice in the wilderness?

"Listen to meeeeeeeeee! I'm a Titus 2 womaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn! I preach the word of Gooooooooooooood! I had a post go viiiiiiiiiiiiiirrraaaaaaaaaaallllllllll!"

For extra effect imagine her in a howling gale with pouring rain.

"Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads."

32 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

"Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaads."

Not to mention: "Tennnnnnn minutesssssss aaaaaaaaaannnnnnd luuuuuuuuuube!"

9 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

So God doesn't care about the color scheme of our homes, but yet we are called to make our homes beautiful!! How many posts have there been about how women are suppose to beautify their homes. They need to be marked with a disclaimer---but if your husband brings home ugly chair, don't worry that you home isn't beautiful, because God doesn't really really care.  This beautify home harping is really to impress and show off to other women. 

15401134_1606760362671332_7429271768564754156_n.jpg

But what if my headship defers to my opinion on all furniture choices, because he is blessed with the intelligence to realize he doesn't have a good decorating sense? Am I supposed to pick out the furniture myself, because that's what he orders? Or do I have to order him to lead us in this decision because he's the man?

This is really critical, FJ, cause we need new end tables stat!

:my_angel:

1 hour ago, December said:

But what if my headship defers to my opinion on all furniture choices, because he is blessed with the intelligence to realize he doesn't have a good decorating sense? Am I supposed to pick out the furniture myself, because that's what he orders? Or do I have to order him to lead us in this decision because he's the man?

This is really critical, FJ, cause we need new end tables stat!

:my_angel:

My human headship tells me to basically do what I want. So, how do I handle that? Do I then defer to the feline headships who only have one requirement? My human headship doesn't even give me a budget. 

Maybe my human headship needs to be more of a headship then...but that's SO not his style...

Lori, you've posted at least one interior picture of your house that you were super proud of- it's not AWFUL, but you have no room to brag about your interior decoration skills. You don't have any. For a Rich White Lady, most of your stuff looks like it fell out of a late 90s Roomstore truck. Your couches especially manage the rare feat of looking both schlumpy AND uncomfortable- and btw, we can tell why you got such a great deal on the re-upholstering. A lot of those seams ain't all that straight. I might find that charming in a DIY project, but... you hired it out. Actually, you hired out pretty much everything you insist a Good Christian Wife must do.

I didn't see anything in the Bible about a good wife's role being to hire out her responsibilities, but if that's fine, splendid. First I'll hire someone (TaskRabbit, maybe?) to attend a few different churches (just to hedge my bets). Then I'll find someone on Craigslist to fulfill my marital "duties" when I'm too damn tired. While I'm at it, I bet Craigslist has someone who'll do all that submitting for me too. Obviously I can hire out the housework with a phone call, have the laundry/dry cleaning/altering/mending done by a service, hire out the grocery shopping (it'll even come to the door), and have someone care for the pets. And buying canned goods is more price efficient than home-canning unless you have a pretty big garden- which we don't, we have a good-size one for city people, but not that big- so I'll hire that out too.

Once that's all done, since I'll be Godly and I won't have a job or school to worry about, I'm sure I'll have loads of time to get my beauty sleep, "budget", garden, cook, make crap to put on Etsy, go to Pilates, keep a perfect face of makeup and heels on at all times, and entertain. I'll have loads of time to nap and watch trashy TV. Heck, I might even find twenty or thirty hours a week to sit around on my ass online and tell other women how they're Doing It Wrong!

I won't be talking to strange men about how their wives are Doing It Wrong, though, that's just creepy.

Holy god, it's the fucking yoga pants again. Alright, I am calling it.  This has to be a dig at her daughter.  It's the only thing that makes sense.  She can't be obsessively posting about yoga pants every other week for no reason...there's got to be more there.  

Or maybe it's Ken...she mentions that modest women like herself don't like their husbands seeing other women in yoga pants.  Maybe Ken is drooling over all the women in thongs and yoga pants and it's getting to Lori.

Oh well, just remember what Ken says, Lori.  If you get upset with him, YOU are committing a greater sin than he is.  

Women wear yoga pants these days and they wear them every day and every where. I’m not sure about you but I wouldn’t dare wear them out in public like many women do today. My main reason for not wearing them is how immodest they are because they show every single curve of a woman’s front and back side; some are worse than others. Yes, honest men will tell you that they are immodest as well. Kerry Folan has another reason why women shouldn’t be wearing yoga pants all the time. She wrote an article in the Washington Times called Yoga pants are comfy. They’re also an assault on manners and a nihilistic threat.

Yes, I had to look up what nihilistic means since it’s not a word I use. The definition: “rejecting all religious and moral principles in the belief that life is meaningless.” Wow! I thought I was hard on yoga pants! She in essence wrote that women wear yoga pants because they’re too lazy to get dressed and look put together. They care more about their comfort than anything or anyone else. I agree with her. Yoga pants aren’t something that women should be wearing outside of their home or exercise class. They are classless.

We, as Christian women, should care more about others than we do ourselves. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves (Philippians 2:3). When women wear yoga pants, they are not thinking about anybody else but themselves. They don’t care about all the men who will see them and either have to look away or possibly lust. They don’t care about the grandparents who will see them and wonder what happened to having manners and putting proper clothes on for the day. Women who don’t wear yoga pants and are modest won’t enjoy having their husbands see other women in yoga pants.

“Yoga pants make a statement about comfort and modernity. When we board a flight or run to the grocery store swaddled in cotton-lycra, we are saying to the people around us that our own comfort is our first priority. We are expressing a new kind of modern vanity where dressing down, rather than dressing up, is the power move.”

We, as Christian women, are the representatives of Christ on this earth. We should look different than the women of our day and dress in a way that brings glory to the Lord, not dishonor. We should care about our clothing, how it affects others, and how others perceive us.  We don’t live for ourselves and our own comfort. We aren’t selfish – looking out for number one. No, we’re looking out for others and care about them and yes, even their husbands.

Every morning, I get dressed. I put on a bit of makeup, brush my hair, and put on clothes that are appropriate to be seen in public. I stay this way all day long until I go to bed and I’m mostly home all day. The only time I wear sweat pants all day is when I am sick. (I don’t ever wear yoga pants.) If I can do this, you can too!

Someone might point out to Lori that MANY Christians would find her low cut tops, pants, and dresses cut above the knee immodest.  In fact, they would believe her clothing choices to be sinful.  

Many women cover themselves from head to toe.  If they can do it, Lori can too!

Oh right, I forgot that Lori sets the standard.

https://thetransformedwife.com/yoga-pants-a-new-kind-of-modern-vanity/

Some of her fan girls wear yoga pants and dress quite immodest. I wonder if she ever calls them out. She is telling those readers they are classless!!

Hilarious about not knowing the meaning of that word. Sigh, uneducated women....

Wonder what Christmas is like around there?  Does her daughter (who apparently lives in yoga pants) just smile politely at her and pretend she doesn't know what Lori wrote?  Hell, I wouldn't even go.

Oh my GAWD, Lori! Get OVER yourself! I'm actually one of those people who does dress a little more nicely to go out. I feel super awkward going out dressed like a schlub, so I take the time to dress in something that makes me look and feel put-together, and I do my hair and makeup. And you know what? I still give not one single flip what someone else wears when they're out. I scarcely even LOOK at other people when I'm out because I've usually got other stuff to do. So what if someone wears PJs, yoga pants or holey jeans? That's their business! Geez, this woman is the biggest gossiping busybody I've ever seen. 

37 minutes ago, Koala said:

Women who don’t wear yoga pants and are modest won’t enjoy having their husbands see other women in yoga pants.

I wear yoga pants at home, and my husband greatly appreciates that fact. I suppose he sees women out in public in yoga pants, but he doesn't mention it, and I don't see him noticing them. He's usually too busy making a big deal about my yoga panted-butt. Maybe Lori should give yoga pants a try so that Ken is ogling HER yoga panted bottom instead of everyone else's. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Some of her fan girls wear yoga pants and dress quite immodest. I wonder if she ever calls them out. She is telling those readers they are classless!!

Hilarious about not knowing the meaning of that word. Sigh, uneducated women....

To be fair to Lori (I can't believe I just typed that), a lot of educated people don't know what nihilism is. Lori and I are almost exactly the same age, so we were educated at the same time, and I never came across the word in high school or in my two years of college (unlike Lori, I didn't finish college--does that make me more godly than her? Probably not, I wear yoga pants sometimes. But never low-cut tops! Ha!). When I finally did  come across it, I sort of figured it out from the context, but eventually looked it up to be sure, just in case I ever needed to actually use the word. Which, until today, I haven't. LOL.

Now she's arguing with a reader who says that she doesn't believe in God.

Reader:

I don't believe in god.

Lori:

Heather, yes you do. The earth and heavens declare His glory. You know. You are probably mad at Him for not running the world as you want or you would rather be your own god.

She is just...not smart.  Does she not realize that the same argument could be used to make it seem that she believes in Gods other that the one she believes in?  

Look:

Lori:

I don't believe in Brahma .

Reader:

Lori, yes you do. The earth and heavens declare His glory. You know. You are probably mad at Him for not running the world as you want or you would rather be your own god.

See how annoying and childlike that is?

She is also claiming she's never seen a woman wear yoga pants and a long top:

Reader:

You CAN wear yoga pants/leggings and match it with a top that's long and loose fitting and be modest, in my opinion.

Lori:

all the women I see wearing yoga pants wear short shirts and show everything.

I don't care what my husband sees other women wearing (or not wearing for that matter) because he has the common decency not to gawk and drool over them if he actually does notice. Plus I know he's not going to run off with a prettier, younger woman because if it. Lori is VERY insecure in her relationship with Ken. It's actually kinda sad.

"The Transformed Wife Honest guys will tell you that leggings are much more immodest than jeans since jeans don't outline the shape of our body tightly like leggings do."

She is thinking of mom jeans or 80s jeans. Modern jeans with the skinny cut and most others are all form fitting. 

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

She is thinking of mom jeans or 80s jeans. Modern jeans with the skinny cut and most others are all form fitting. 

The ones I'm wearing right now sure are. But I just lost some weight and am finally able to ditch the Mom jeans look, so Lori, you can preach on all you want while I enjoy the hell out of my skinny cut jeans. :teasing-neener:

Honestly I can't think that a college educated teacher never heard of Nietzche and nihilism :56247953c05d2_32(6):

I don't know if she's truly as ignorant as she claims or if she's just faking it to prove her point that women should stay uneducated. 

13 hours ago, Loveday said:

I see Lori as the septal from "Game of Thrones"- ringing her bell and shouting,

"SHAME!"

19 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I think you're right. ;) But the complete lack of self-awareness will always boggle my mind.

It is most definitely mind boggling....

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived