IGNORED

Lori Alexander, 12: Transformed, But We Can't Tell

1 hour ago, onemama said:

It's still there. There's another one of her handwritten notes on submission up now, too.  I think Lori really wants to go viral.

I found it. Just in time for this comment from the Duchess of Dumb:

It's women who are being raped, not men! Why is this? Because men are the stronger sex!

Um, Lori, I have some news for you. Men can get raped, too. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what the "Godly Mentor" would say to how I've spent my day...watching the ENTIRE mini-series "From the Earth to the Moon" in honor of the launch of Apollo 8 on this day in 1968.

Just now, feministxtian said:

I wonder what the "Godly Mentor" would say to how I've spent my day...watching the ENTIRE mini-series "From the Earth to the Moon" in honor of the launch of Apollo 8 on this day in 1968.

It'd probably blow her mind that a lady brain wrote the code that enabled us to go to the moon. 

Just now, ViolaSebastian said:

It'd probably blow her mind that a lady brain wrote the code that enabled us to go to the moon. 

I NEED to see that movie. 

Someone posted a link to an article in a Christian magazine.  The writer explains the meaning of the weaker vessel verse when correctly understood in terms of context, original language, and historical culture. He also discusses the correct understanding of submission, and the actual Biblical purpose and role of a "helpmeet."  I believe it is a pretty mainstream evangelical magazine, and the writer is using what I always thought were approved methods for interpreting scripture.

Lori's response to some positive and intelligent comments about the article are to state, "This is so absurd! Anyone with any wisdom can clearly see that women are the weaker sex!" She then comes back with the idiotic rape argument. 

I honestly think the whole article went right over her head. :my_sad:

I came across this article  today, and it make me think of Lori. :wink-kitty: It's a Huffington Post article titled, "12 Stunning Photos That Prove There’s No Such Thing As ‘Men’s Work’ ". It has some good photos. 

You know, if she argued that women shouldn't do "men's work", I wouldn't agree with her, but I might have more respect for her (maybe, maybe not), but because she argues that women can't do "men's work", I just keep rolling my eyes and praying for any women who fall for her line of insane claptrap. 

12 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I NEED to see that movie. 

I took my daughters to see "Trolls" the other day and my older-I'm-going-to-be-the-first-woman-on-Mars daughter was poking me all through the preview for "Hidden Figures", telling me that we need to see it.

Waiting for the Horse of Truth to ride in and SMACK DOWN this very reasonable response on Lori's FB page.  Calling it now.....

"Quote Jo Anne where she actually disagrees with word of God on this, Lori. It's beginning to look to me like you resort to accusing people of disagreeing with God when actually they only disagreed with your interpretations or implications, or when you just don't like what they said.

Furthermore, I'd like to point out that the scripture clearly calls the woman "the weaker vessel", not "the weak vessel" and not "the weakest vessel". Words mean things. The implication is that men are weak too, but women are weaker. The vessel in the NT refers to the body, not the mind or spirt or soul. So, this verse would reference the body, and generally speaking, men do tend to enjoy greater physical strength than women, though there are women who are still plenty strong.

See verses about "we have this treasure in an earthen vessel" and ones regarding possessing one's vessel in honor or holiness. I don't have a concordance handy for exact references."

People like Lori will say that they don't "interpret" the word, they just believe exactly what it says. Which is idiotic on a number of different levels, but there you go.

Lori, us "non-submissive" types aren't "fighting what our husbands wants or needs" we are working to create the same type of home you strive for. Only in our case, we don't have to submit to 15 minutes of coconut oil sex with someone we don't like. It might be strange to you, but I like my SO. I actually enjoy our heated discussions about important topics. We BOTH enjoy doing activities together. 

Furthermore, I was always taught that God created people in His image. His image must include women who are doctors and lawyers and smart and funny, because people who are doctors and lawyers and are smart and funny exist. If we are all God's creation and he knew each of us in the womb, then how can anyone living their life be outside of God's wants or whatever. 

Lori, you are a false prophet.

15589663_1619258834754818_6570269299120727690_n.jpg

The women I know who tried or are still practicing "biblical submission" are the same ones who helpfully sat me down during my engagement to tell me how "hard" marriage is and how much "work" it is and how the first year is "emotionally difficult" and basically downright traumatic. I assume that is because maybe, just maybe, it is wholly unnatural to try to deny your self that way--that it is emotionally draining and stressful to try to conform to another person's opinions and preferences in everything. 

Here's a big hint: if it is awful and hard, you may be doing it wrong. 

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

15589663_1619258834754818_6570269299120727690_n.jpg

Talking about bondage again Lori?? Sorry, my mind went straight to the gutter... :smiley-signs136:

38 minutes ago, The limit does not exist said:

Talking about bondage again Lori?? Sorry, my mind went straight to the gutter... :smiley-signs136:

Oh we know she likes a good spanking! She loves her kink :kitty-wink::my_angel:

44 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

The women I know who tried or are still practicing "biblical submission" are the same ones who helpfully sat me down during my engagement to tell me how "hard" marriage is and how much "work" it is and how the first year is "emotionally difficult" and basically downright traumatic.

Yikes. It's so ridiculous when people talk about marriage a one-size-fits-all thing. Not to mention it's probably traumatic enough to be adjusting to married life if it's your first time living outside of your parents' jurisdiction and now living with a romantic partner (I'll go out on a limb and assume if people are practicing Biblical submission they were probably in this situation). Adding on a bunch of arbitrary rules must just compound the stress.

1 hour ago, The limit does not exist said:

Talking about bondage again Lori?? Sorry, my mind went straight to the gutter...

I think someone's mind is only "in the gutter" when they pick out something sexual from a situation where there's no such context in the first place...

7 hours ago, Colby said:

So, this verse would reference the body, and generally speaking, men do tend to enjoy greater physical strength than women, though there are women who are still plenty strong.

It also doesn't say anything close to "Well, you are the weaker vessel, so it's best that you remain as weak as possible and let the menfolk do all of the heavy lifting and never ever ever do anything that could make you appear not weak." Weaker, not atrophied, which, IMO, is what Lori thinks women are. AFAIK, the Christian God wants everyone to work hard. (Proverbs or something) Also, to keep your body as a temple (maybe in the book of Morman? I have no idea if the body as temple thing is for real). Keeping your body strong by working hard in the field (or working out after a desk job, or running around after toddlers) is important to being healthy and therefore being a temple or whatever. 

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

The women I know who tried or are still practicing "biblical submission" are the same ones who helpfully sat me down during my engagement to tell me how "hard" marriage is and how much "work" it is and how the first year is "emotionally difficult" and basically downright traumatic. I assume that is because maybe, just maybe, it is wholly unnatural to try to deny your self that way--that it is emotionally draining and stressful to try to conform to another person's opinions and preferences in everything. 

Here's a big hint: if it is awful and hard, you may be doing it wrong. 

Didn't you live with your husband before marriage? (I thought I saw you mention that on another thread.) If so, that makes these women's comments just downright hilarious. 

6 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Didn't you live with your husband before marriage? (I thought I saw you mention that on another thread.) If so, that makes these women's comments just downright hilarious. 

Not necessarily on topic, but I thought I'd just pop in to remind everyone that Lori -- remember the God of the Universe's mouthpiece? -- lived with HER husband before marriage, too. 

:banana-dance:

There are some great comments by a woman named Mary Elizabeth going down in the comments section of her latest notebook scribble. Mary Elizabeth is a Christian and using the Bible to challenge Lori on her own turf, so I expect that Ken will ride in on the horse of truth fairly soon.

"It's women who are being raped, not men! Why is this? Because men are the stronger sex!"

The comment above is from Lori, regarding her "Weaker Vessel" notebook doodle. I find it very disturbing that rape has been so flippantly mentioned twice on her page in the past week. I have a sick feeling Lori is inching her way toward a very disgusting post in her effort to go viral again. 

Ugh, fuck Ken:

We live is a strange time and place n history where the poorest of the poor in the USA are richer and better off than Kings and Queens of old. But our perspective is pushed towards what we see on TV and in the lives of the Jones who are in debt up to their eyeballs and all stressed out. Too many couples go chasing the American dream, and what has it produced? An average consumer debt per household of $16,000 on Credit Cards, not counting other car loans and student debt, etc... and a whole crop of BPD and Bi-Polar set of children to show for it. Hmm, I wonder whose plan most in America are following... God's or the the world's? It's not a problem with making too little, but a problem of spending too much and having nothing to show for it as the pleasures are fleeting.

First of all, I don't know what poor people he's hanging out with, but the one's in my world are struggling to get enough (nutritious!) food to eat and keeping a roof over their heads. And last I checked, Ken and Lori chased the American dream, and they encourage others to do so too (get married, have babies, buy your own home...). Lastly, mental illness is not caused by mothers working or people being in debt. So seriously, Ken, you need to shut the hell up.

17 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

"It's women who are being raped, not men! Why is this? Because men are the stronger sex!"

The comment above is from Lori, regarding her "Weaker Vessel" notebook doodle. I find it very disturbing that rape has been so flippantly mentioned twice on her page in the past week. I have a sick feeling Lori is inching her way toward a very disgusting post in her effort to go viral again. 

If Lori has a very disgusting post go viral on the subject of rape or other crimes, she will get truly torn apart and some of her fangirls may turn on her.

I know we are all capable of going to her blog, but I just want to share Lori's Post of the Day, titled "Healthy Chocolate." 

It's just as infuriating as her Biblical nonsense but in a completely different way. Lori thinks that she knows about nutrition. Yes, some people think that cacao has certain properties, and maybe unsweetened chocolate is somewhat beneficial in limited quantities.

I just have to laugh at her adherence to the coconut oil fad. How much coconut oil is she buying? Or did she get the giant tub at Costco and is just trying to find uses for it? (Been there, done that, never again.) 

Regardless, this recipe just sounds weird. Put everything in a blender, spread and freeze? GROSS. 

Most everyone loves desserts but sugar is bad for everyone. It is the cause of most diseases and plays havoc on the gut. A healthy gut is needed to be healthy. My sister, Alisa, took an intensive health class that lasted almost a year. She has found great recipes to build up and nourish our bodies instead of tearing them down. Most everyone, however, loves a sweet once in a while so she told me about this chocolate candy recipe that is delicious; even my grandchildren love it.

Coconut oil is very good for us so I have tried to get it into my diet and this is the best way I have found. I buy my supplies at Trader Joes, Costco, and online.

Ingredients needed:

1 cup coconut oil
1 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
1 cup organic peanut butter or 1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt

Melt coconut oil in a glass bowl over a small pan with simmering water in it. Put everything in the blender and mix it well. It needs a strong blender. Pour on parchment paper that is on a large cookie sheet and spread it around. Put it in the freezer for an hour or so, then break it off into pieces. Store it in the freezer in plastic bag but I doubt it will last long!

It’s great with peanut butter and maple syrup. My grandchildren love it but I decided to make it the even healthier way since peanut butter is not that good for you. I used raw honey and pumpkin seeds that are properly prepared for better digestion. I loved this too and feel absolutely NO guilt eating it knowing that they are perfectly healthy for me!

Yummy!

For he satisfies the longing soul,
and fills the hungry soul with goodness.
Psalm 107:9

5 hours ago, December said:

Yikes. It's so ridiculous when people talk about marriage a one-size-fits-all thing. Not to mention it's probably traumatic enough to be adjusting to married life if it's your first time living outside of your parents' jurisdiction and now living with a romantic partner (I'll go out on a limb and assume if people are practicing Biblical submission they were probably in this situation). Adding on a bunch of arbitrary rules must just compound the stress.

I think someone's mind is only "in the gutter" when they pick out something sexual from a situation where there's no such context in the first place...

One of them married at 29. She was on her own since college. The difficulty for her was actually that she had managed her own life and suddenly was supposed to have no say or even knowledge about things about the finances and such. 

The other did go straight from mom and dad's house to husband. Interestingly enough, she has completely abandoned Christianity after leaving a rather cultic evangelical denomination six years ago. Her family celebrated the solstice yesterday and are not doing Christmas this year. That is how much they have abandoned it all. 

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:16 PM, feministxtian said:

He can look all he wants...he touches and I'll be performing an at home amputation :)

You got it!!  He might win the 10 yd dash, but I'll win the rolling pin toss every damn time!

(Feminist--might you be Lorena Bobbit in real life, lol??!!)

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I know we are all capable of going to her blog, but I just want to share Lori's Post of the Day, titled "Healthy Chocolate." 

It's just as infuriating as her Biblical nonsense but in a completely different way. Lori thinks that she knows about nutrition. Yes, some people think that cacao has certain properties, and maybe unsweetened chocolate is somewhat beneficial in limited quantities.

I just have to laugh at her adherence to the coconut oil fad. How much coconut oil is she buying? Or did she get the giant tub at Costco and is just trying to find uses for it? (Been there, done that, never again.) 

Regardless, this recipe just sounds weird. Put everything in a blender, spread and freeze? GROSS. 

It could be worse--she could have substituted carob powder.  Yuck, yuck, and more yuck .

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:08 PM, Emilycharlotte said:

I honestly think the whole article went right over her head. :my_sad:

"Mother Goose" goes over her head, too. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived