IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I got you babe

samurai_sarah

6 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

OH MY GOD YES!!! Baby #1, water broke, no contractions. Go to the hospital, and get hooked up to pitocin....this was in 1982. NO pain relief offered. It was horrid. Then I tore and they did the episiotomy from hell and I could feel every bit of it. Being I was 18 and a medicaid mom, I think they enjoyed torturing me. 32 stitches later...I still have the scar. 

Babies 2 and 3 were immensely easier. 

That makes my vajayjay hurt. 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The Bateses Girls don't.

They have a crappy high calorie diet, eat lots of fast food junk and consume coffee drinks.  Many do not get prenatal screening or lab work for things like gestational diabetes is my guess.

Basically, they are uneducated on proper nutrition and decent life style decisions (exercise).

Yes, they are (I'm not sure about Jill), but Anna and Jessa, absolutely.

I hade c-sections for my barely 7 pounders. A 10 baby? At home? Without meds or a proper HC practitioner?  More than once?  To put it bluntly, NFW. 

While I agree Jessa doesn't appear to be getting any prenatal screening or lab work, I'm not sure her overall lifestyle is quite that bad. She's posted pictures on Instagram of herself at the gym (including during pregnancy) and seems to be jumping on the hippie whole foods train, based on her food pictures and recipes.

Now that being said, I do agree she's uneducated on the nutritional front, and I've definitely noticed certain things on her Instagram, like agave syrup, that are fashionable 'healthy' alternatives, so I could definitely see her overloading on agave or maple syrup because it's 'natural'.

Interestingly, my pitocin induction was much easier when it comes to pain than my natural start one. I think my first was easier because my body simply didn't manage to produce as effective labor from pitocin as au natural. I didn't have an epidural either time but I used gas both times and a type of more "natural" pain relief which consists of a lot of saline injections  to your lower back the second time. It burns as hell but suddenly you get this wave of warmth and the pain disappears or goes down.

Not everyone thinks it works but if it does it can be as good as an epidural but for a shorter time. I would say I got close to painfree so I probably got close to the ideal result. I am so having it again if I have another baby.

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

You go, girl. I think it's so interesting how everyone's body is so different. I had no issues at all with my first until I was 43 weeks PG and nothing was happening. A failed induction and fetal distress bought me a c-section for a baby that was a posterior lay. I had the surgery at midnight, after about 28 hours of labor, and was up walking by 8AM. With the second, again, no labor @ 42 weeks and off I went for a repeat section. He was born at 2PM and I was up walking at 6PM. I never had any post op pain or medications at all. Everything was easy as compared to that 20+ hours of back labor and Pitocin.

Am I the only PG woman on Earth who never had a natural contraction? Not one, ever!

I swear to BOB if not for c-sections, I'd still be PG nearly 30 years later.

Same here, my due date came and went with no contractions, had to be induced. We do eventually want a second baby, I'm curious to see whether my experience will be the same!

24 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Same here, my due date came and went with no contractions, had to be induced. We do eventually want a second baby, I'm curious to see whether my experience will be the same!

I was induced for no labor at 42+3 (birth on 42+4) and had my second on 41+4, labor starting naturally on 41+3 so completely different the second time. I had contractions off and on since almost a month before I finally gave birth too. They say every birth is different and mine were.

8 hours ago, alba said:

While I agree Jessa doesn't appear to be getting any prenatal screening or lab work, I'm not sure her overall lifestyle is quite that bad. She's posted pictures on Instagram of herself at the gym (including during pregnancy) and seems to be jumping on the hippie whole foods train, based on her food pictures and recipes.

Now that being said, I do agree she's uneducated on the nutritional front, and I've definitely noticed certain things on her Instagram, like agave syrup, that are fashionable 'healthy' alternatives, so I could definitely see her overloading on agave or maple syrup because it's 'natural'.

During her first PG, Jessa's Instagram was filled with pictures of what she ate...a lot of fast food, fried meals,  ice cream and frozen yogurt dripping with toppings. Jill/Derick's IGs also had some of these types of photos.

Personally, I think for Duggars the first year of marriage is similar to many and their first year of college with the Freshman 10 (lbs. When you add in  pregnancy where many women feel better with a little something  in their stomach or justify with the eating for 2 (I think Jill was in this category) and voila! 

During her first PG, Jessa's Instagram was filled with pictures of what she ate...a lot of fast food, fried meals,  ice cream and frozen yogurt dripping with toppings. Jill/Derick's IGs also had some of these types of photos.
Personally, I think for Duggars the first year of marriage is similar to many and their first year of college with the Freshman 10 (lbs. When you add in  pregnancy where many women feel better with a little something  in their stomach or justify with the eating for 2 (I think Jill was in this category) and voila! 

Fair point. Perhaps Jessa's diet has improved or she gave into pregnancy cravings with Spud; the food I've seen on her Insta lately has been generally whole foods and the like.

Reading all these birthing stories and having birthed 5 babies myself, none of them completely painfree, does anyone else think that maybe we should be giving flowers to our moms on our birthday?  No, I'm not going to guilt my girls into sending me flowers on their birthdays.

Now my mom said that she gave birth easily.  Maybe she did (she was pretty athletic) and maybe it was just scopolamine AKA twilight birth.

I always think of son Two's birth mother on his birthday. Her water broke late one evening, a week from the due date, but labor didn't progress. They started Pitocin the next morning. Turns out Son Two, as is usual for him, was being contrary. He was a butt down breach, just sitting right on her pelvic bone with hands and feet in the air,  not moving. She had to have a C section. It was summer; she was miserable and in a lot of pain, and she went home with nothing to show for it. (Kid's adopted. We took him home.)

5 hours ago, alba said:

Fair point. Perhaps Jessa's diet has improved or she gave into pregnancy cravings with Spud; the food I've seen on her Insta lately has been generally whole foods and the like.

I don't follow her Instagram closely, but that sounds like a step in the right direction. Anything's better than what they fill the Duggar house pantry/warehouse with. I wonder if the fact that many fundie and lifestyle bloggers are emphasizing eating whole/real/organic foods has impacted her way of thinking. It's trendy, but in my opinion a positive trend for the most part. Anything but TTC

58 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I always think of son Two's birth mother on his birthday. Her water broke late one evening, a week from the due date, but labor didn't progress. They started Pitocin the next morning. Turns out Son Two, as is usual for him, was being contrary. He was a butt down breach, just sitting right on her pelvic bone with hands and feet in the air,  not moving. She had to have a C section. It was summer; she was miserable and in a lot of pain, and she went home with nothing to show for it. (Kid's adopted. We took him home.)

She went home knowing her baby was going to a good home though. I can't imagine how difficult a decision it may have been for her to make, but I hope knowing he would be raised by loving parents helped her a little (at least emotionally.)

6 minutes ago, December said:

I don't follow her Instagram closely, but that sounds like a step in the right direction. Anything's better than what they fill the Duggar house pantry/warehouse with. I wonder if the fact that many fundie and lifestyle bloggers are emphasizing eating whole/real/organic foods has impacted her way of thinking. It's trendy, but in my opinion a positive trend for the most part. Anything but TTC

I think it could play a role in the decision. More likely it's the fact that they don't currently have an army of kids to feed on a daily basis. It's probably a bit more manageable budget and time wise for them to incorporate more organic food right now.

Regardless, good for them if they're eating healthier. It sets a good example for their son - and maybe for her younger siblings if they come visit for meals too.

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I also came out butt first with my feet by my ears, though a natural vaginal birth. And I'm adopted :-)

2 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I also came out butt first with my feet by my ears, though a natural vaginal birth. And I'm adopted :-)

I came out butt first as well! Not adopted though. 

On 10/20/2016 at 2:13 PM, HereticHick said:

The Holland Barn website is blocked on my work computer.  That may be where Sierra did a chocolate-dipped wedding promotional thingie a while ago.

As far as I can tell, no hints from Amy or Sierra about attending the shower.

I think Amy's been pretty much cut out of their lives at this point, and as for Sierra, I know the Duggars threw her a birthday party recently, but she doesn't seem to be quite as much of a hanger-on to them as she was last year. Maybe she threw them all a party and gave everyone salmonella or threw a reception where everyone was served boiling hot cider in the middle of a parking lot in the afternoon sun in August.

Last night on the Late Late show, James Corden and Cher sang an updated version of I've got you babe. I thought of all you FJers out there.

12 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

That right there is why I hate fundies who say women should 'just' adopt rather than abort. Of course, it's wonderful for your family that your son's birth mother carried her pregnancy to term, but the way fundies have it she went home and back to her daily life the next day (who needs to recover from major abdominal surgery when you have Jesus?). I've also read from women who have both aborted and given up for adoption that the adoption is much more emotionally painful, because you felt the baby kick and bonded with them in a way you don't with an early abortion.

All this to say, it's obvious from your post and the fact you think about her every year that you recognise she made a sacrifice for your son and your family, so I'm not at all trying to lecture you, but your post just reminded me of exactly why I find the pro-adoption aspect of anti-choice rhetoric so abominable.

Back to Amy Duggar King Duggar... I wouldn't be suprised if they keep Amy at bay after last year, when tabloids were full of "insider tells...". Most of us suspect that their source was Amy herself.

Or Amy is not longer interested in taking part in show - especially after TLC did not film her wedding. I guess she lost some easy money. 

When Jessa and Bing announce their second pregnancy we could see Grandma Mary and Aunt Deanna sitting on the couch. No Joshley, Anna and no Amy. I check Amy's insta, she is not posting birthday wishes to her cousins anymore. 

I didn't  like hearing Jessa say "We're pregnant" when it was announced to her family on the most recent show.   All the Duggar women do that, and it is annoying. The woman  is the only one who is pregnant.  She goes through nine months of labor and then delivers the child.  The man does not.  Enough already.

5 hours ago, alba said:

That right there is why I hate fundies who say women should 'just' adopt rather than abort. Of course, it's wonderful for your family that your son's birth mother carried her pregnancy to term, but the way fundies have it she went home and back to her daily life the next day (who needs to recover from major abdominal surgery when you have Jesus?). I've also read from women who have both aborted and given up for adoption that the adoption is much more emotionally painful, because you felt the baby kick and bonded with them in a way you don't with an early abortion.

All this to say, it's obvious from your post and the fact you think about her every year that you recognise she made a sacrifice for your son and your family, so I'm not at all trying to lecture you, but your post just reminded me of exactly why I find the pro-adoption aspect of anti-choice rhetoric so abominable.

Believe me, alba, I stand in awe and in gratitude of our children's birth mothers and birth fathers. We've had talks over the years about their decisions. One's birth mother, just post delivery, said the surge of hormones made her want to take him home... and she thought about it for many hours before she decided to stick with the adoption plan. I know how difficult this decision is. It's NOT "just give them up for adoption" by a long shot. I respect and still pray for our birth families, and I always will.

7 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I know how difficult this decision is. It's NOT "just give them up for adoption" by a long shot. I respect and still pray for our birth families, and I always will.

I love that you say this. It reminds me of a story in the book, The Girls Who Went Away: The Hidden History of Women Who Surrendered Children for Adoption in the Decades Before Roe v. Wade by Ann Fessler. 

Ann, the author, writes in the beginning of her adoptive mother and how, during Ann's first 3 years of life, her mother would light a special candle on Ann's birthday cake for her natural mother. And how there were certain times when her mother would look at Ann and she knew she was thinking of her birth mother.

I feel that many fundies who adopt just think "I'm saving this child from a bad situation and eternal damnation and blah blah blah" and they don't consider how hard that decision must have been for the birth mother. I'm glad you do. And I'm happy your kids seem to have a wonderful mother in you!

This book was good btw and I recommend it, but it is kind of heartbreaking at times.

My state gives a woman 72 hours after giving birth to change her mind, and baby spends that time in care. I've always thought it was a brave and unselfish thing for the birth mothers to give up their babies.  These decisions are not as simple as the pro lifers would have us think.

2 hours ago, wandering woman said:

I didn't  like hearing Jessa say "We're pregnant" when it was announced to her family on the most recent show.   All the Duggar women do that, and it is annoying. The woman  is the only one who is pregnant.  She goes through nine months of labor and then delivers the child.  The man does not.  Enough already.

I'm pregnant now and when we first announced I would say, "We're expecting." Because while I'm the one doing all the physical pregnancy work, my husband has been doing a ton of work too. He's assembled furniture, researched food safety for pregnant women, helped me cook and clean, stepped up big time by walking our dog before work, held my hair when I had morning sickness, and countless other things simply because he's excited and wants my life to be easier.

If the husband or non-pregnant partner is putting in effort and work then I honestly see no issue with wording it that way. Because in my view pregnancy is about the family as a whole, not just the pregnant woman.

I'm pregnant now and when we first announced I would say, "We're expecting." Because while I'm the one doing all the physical pregnancy work, my husband has been doing a ton of work too. He's assembled furniture, researched food safety for pregnant women, helped me cook and clean, stepped up big time by walking our dog before work, held my hair when I had morning sickness, and countless other things simply because he's excited and wants my life to be easier.
If the husband or non-pregnant partner is putting in effort and work then I honestly see no issue with wording it that way. Because in my view pregnancy is about the family as a whole, not just the pregnant woman.

I don't have a problem with "we're expecting " because that statement is true for the family. "We're pregnant" grates my nerves because those words mean both parties are growing babies inside, which is almost never what people mean by it.

I am happy to hear your husband is such a great help. But he's expecting a baby, not pregnant with one, per my opinion. Perhaps others consider the terms to be more synonymous.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived