IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I got you babe

samurai_sarah

On 10/25/2016 at 1:34 PM, Mela99 said:

It's literally cooked pasta tossed with sauce and cheese in a pan, normally an egg thrown in too, and baked. 

We always had it as a kind of frittata to use up leftover pasta and whatever bits of other stuff were around.  Also made with leftover risotto sometimes.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(This was posted on the counting on thread but it's Probably more relevant here:)

looks like the wedding might be this weekend, per Instagram posts from two known duggar friends - one that cryptically mentioned weekend travel and another that just posted a pic of the tth

Jinger has been on my mind more than usual after the last episode.  I don't know how I feel about Jeremy, but I really hope he is good to her in every way. Based on how she looks at him, I'm pretty sure it would destroy her if they didn't work out or if he disappointed or hurt her in any way.  When the interviewer guy asked JinJer the baby question, I felt like she looked scared as hell but that could just be me. I hope that they hold off on getting pregnant until they've spent some time getting to know each other and getting Jinger acclimated to her new life so far away from Duggarville.   I still have high hopes that Jinger will in some way be freed after all just because Jeremy doesn't seem (to me) like he will toe the Duggar line any longer than he has to.  I hope he is just going along with the Godbobber right now in  order to get past the wedding and after they get to Laredo things will be so much better for Jinger.

A girl can hope...right?  hehe.  

(This was posted on the counting on thread but it's Probably more relevant here:)
looks like the wedding might be this weekend, per Instagram posts from two known duggar friends - one that cryptically mentioned weekend travel and another that just posted a pic of the tth

The Duggar Facebook posted a picture of Jason (I think) and Spurgeon on a plane. Are they all slowly relocating to Laredo? Some flying, some driving? I definitely think the wedding will be this weekend.

From all Duggar in-laws i think Jeremy will become the most Duggarish and it will take very little time. I won't be surprised if he become more Duggar that real Duggars. Too rigid, too self-confident, too dumb. 

Her face, though, when Derick daid "expecting by the end of the year", it spoke volumes.

poor Jinger! she looked scared the whole way through that final episode.

I agree with the poster above_ Jemery will probably be the most Duggerish. He seems to overcompensate for something, something is not right about this guy, idk. Derick was normalish, ok-ish, I guess, Ben was just very young and star-struck but one can see he is becoming an adult now, but Jeremy, the oldest of those three, is kind of a mixutre between a teenager and an alien to me, and sometimes I get Caitlyn Jenner vibes from him, which is neither a compliment nor an insult, just my thoughts.

the wedding will probably be this week-end, is it too late to break the engagement and call off the wedding?

I've seen a lot of people refer to this last episode as the "final episode" - but they clearly said there are just "two episode left until Jinger walks down the aisle".  So...I don't think this was the season finale...?

4 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Her face, though, when Derick daid "expecting by the end of the year", it spoke volumes.

poor Jinger! she looked scared the whole way through that final episode.

I agree with the poster above_ Jemery will probably be the most Duggerish. He seems to overcompensate for something, something is not right about this guy, idk. Derick was normalish, ok-ish, I guess, Ben was just very young and star-struck but one can see he is becoming an adult now, but Jeremy, the oldest of those three, is kind of a mixutre between a teenager and an alien to me, and sometimes I get Caitlyn Jenner vibes from him, which is neither a compliment nor an insult, just my thoughts.

the wedding will probably be this week-end, is it too late to break the engagement and call off the wedding?

Yeh I felt sorry for her when he said that. Even if it is probably  true. I hope for her sake not and that they can settle and get to adjust living together for a little while before any children come along. Al though she will be pestered constantly to know if she is pregnant yet.

Derick is well and truly indoctrinated with the whole baby part even if he wanted to say it as an joke....:VAPLEURER:

8 hours ago, SunnySideUp said:

The Duggar Facebook posted a picture of Jason (I think) and Spurgeon on a plane. Are they all slowly relocating to Laredo? Some flying, some driving? I definitely think the wedding will be this weekend.

Why would the wedding be in Laredo??  Weddings are usually hosted by the brides' family.

11 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Why would the wedding be in Laredo??  Weddings are usually hosted by the brides' family.

Most everyone is traveling anyway, might as well travel to Jing's new hometown.  Plus, the weather is nicer this time of year, Sierra is no where NEAR by for her tacky parking lot receptions they can marry at Jeremy's church, well not at his church but his church family can be there plus in a bigger city it is easier to wed under the radar with out stalkers  fans showing up.  Lastly it takes some of Boob's control away having it away from NWA and gives  Jeremy the ultimate say in what the wedding will be like. 

2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Most everyone is traveling anyway, might as well travel to Jing's new hometown.  Plus, the weather is nicer this time of year, Sierra is no where NEAR by for her tacky parking lot receptions they can marry at Jeremy's church, well not at his church but his church family can be there plus in a bigger city it is easier to wed under the radar with out stalkers  fans showing up.  Lastly it takes some of Boob's control away having it away from NWA and gives  Jeremy the ultimate say in what the wedding will be like. 

This is Jeremy's church (from the Church website):

1587970.jpg?1403231336

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I think it's in Laredo because Jason was with Spud on a plane on the DFOF 

so who knows and don't forget Jeremy is her new head and she has no say whatsoever in her new life so I think it will be in Laredo 

strong feeling 

I've read speculation that the wedding would be there, based on Jinger and Joy's wedding planning trip. I could be totally off base though!

21 minutes ago, SunnySideUp said:

I've read speculation that the wedding would be there, based on Jinger and Joy's wedding planning trip. I could be totally off base though!

My bet would be that it will be in San Antonio. They could get married at the parent church (is that the right term?) of Jeremy's congregation.  Plus, remember that we had a whole series of pictures of them in San Antonio a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, flycat said:

My bet would be that it will be in San Antonio. They could get married at the parent church (is that the right term?) of Jeremy's congregation.  Plus, remember that we had a whole series of pictures of them in San Antonio a few weeks ago.

Since she's about the be the "mother' of this congregation it would make sense for them to be married in their own church, with the congregation present.

5 hours ago, Angelic83 said:

Yeh I felt sorry for her when he said that. Even if it is probably  true. I hope for her sake not and that they can settle and get to adjust living together for a little while before any children come along. Al though she will be pestered constantly to know if she is pregnant yet.

Derick is well and truly indoctrinated with the whole baby part even if he wanted to say it as an joke....:VAPLEURER:

I actually wonder about this.  I think Jeremy has been pretty forceful throughout this whole thing. He's played the rules where he has to, but he's also bent them ie. arms around one another etc.  I almost get the sense that he's playing by the rules because he knows it a means to an end.  

When they brought up children, it kind of felt like he wasn't committing to anything.  "We'll see what the lord provides" wasn't the usual "we're putting that decision up to god" answer.  I actually could see him taking a more moderate approach - still having a brood but maybe not right away and maybe only 4/5. His parents are extremely religious but only have 3 kids.  If he's so in line with his dad then maybe they see eye to eye there too. I wonder if they plan to wait a bit for kids and that was what Jinger's reaction was when they said she'd be pregnant by the end of the year. Right now they have to play by the rules but I wonder if their tune will change a little once they're officially married. 

I feel like their relationship is different than the other two somehow.  I think Jeremy may have the backbone the others lack just because he's older and has some distance from the family.  Obviously he's still pretty fundie but I really don't think he's quite as extreme.  I kind of see him being a voice for Jinger and taking her opinions into mind while being the one to deal with the family/outsiders. I actually can see hints that they're very well suited for one another in spite of her inexperience. Jeremy comes across as much more nurturing that any of the duggars and I think he will be a good protector for her while helping her find herself a little as well. 

I never thought Derek had that same backbone even though he grew up in a more moderate environment.  He just kind of comes across as a pushover. Ben is obviously a child, but even he is starting to distance himself from some of the stances of the family. Rap music, BLM, etc. I could see them in 5-10 years living a very different life.  Jeremy is just that much older and more experienced/cultured that he very well may shake things up. 

...Maybe wishful thinking...

I don't know if it's already been mentioned but does anyone think that if Jinger and Hubby deviate(fundy lite) the other married couples might follow?  They already have such a group think mentality but if one breaks the cycle.  What if they see that the devil doesn't materialize from the tater tot casserole and devour you to all damnation?  I also wonder if that did happen and the women started to explore life beyond the compound how much emotional discord that would cause.  Just a thought. 

18 hours ago, CatsRevenge said:

Jinger has been on my mind more than usual after the last episode.  I don't know how I feel about Jeremy, but I really hope he is good to her in every way. Based on how she looks at him, I'm pretty sure it would destroy her if they didn't work out or if he disappointed or hurt her in any way.  When the interviewer guy asked JinJer the baby question, I felt like she looked scared as hell but that could just be me. I hope that they hold off on getting pregnant until they've spent some time getting to know each other and getting Jinger acclimated to her new life so far away from Duggarville.   I still have high hopes that Jinger will in some way be freed after all just because Jeremy doesn't seem (to me) like he will toe the Duggar line any longer than he has to.  I hope he is just going along with the Godbobber right now in  order to get past the wedding and after they get to Laredo things will be so much better for Jinger.

A girl can hope...right?  hehe.  

I am thinking the same. I am thinking Jing may actually be free! Free Jinger!

I don't know about freeing Jinger. Jeremy may seem more fundie-lite than fundie, and he may take her away from the Duggarborg, but something about him gives me both the heebies AND the jeebies. He just seems... false. Patronizing. He treats Jinger like a child, I think. Unfortunately, because of her upbringing, she does seem more like a child than an adult woman... It's just weird, you know? I want to have hope that she can live the life she wants (which, judging by her reaction about kids, is NOT a Jimboob-approved life), but... I dunno. Heebie-jeebies.

I have a feeling the wedding is going to be this coming Saturday as well.  I'm not really sure the 2 of them can wait much longer based on how they are when they are together.  I think they're on the fast track to the hey, hey, hey!

I wonder if we will find out if indeed the wedding is this weekend. If someone spills the beans or if the word is out to keep it a secret....for whatever reason. 

I hope Jinge is happy with Baaabe and that he is kind and not too craze fundie. Really I don't want to see her hurt. And I don't want to see her have 2manyKidzzz.

31 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

I don't know about freeing Jinger. Jeremy may seem more fundie-lite than fundie, 

I know there have been many attempts to explain this before and I don't mean to jump on you.  I'm just quoting you for convenience. Sorry. :)

Jeremy is a full-blown Fundie.  

He's just not a IBLP/Gothardite Fundie.  Not all Fundies are Gothardites.  Gothardites are a subgroup of dangerous extreme Fundamentalism.  

Some people seem to think that the Duggars are typical Fundies and all Fundies behave and dress just like the Duggars.  

No.  Look at these people's core beliefs, the doctrine of their churches, and what they hate - not their attempts to seem kind of cool, hip, and mainstream.    Especially look at what they hate.

Jeremy is probably the nastiest type of Fundie.  He sowed a few wild oats and is fully back in the fold - and that's bad news.

Listen to his sermons and tell me he is not Fundie to the core!  He checks all the Patriarchal and Hate boxes.

All that said, I really hope he is kind to poor Jinger.  She's like a lamb to the slaughter.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived