IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I got you babe

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, snickerz said:

Maybe Joshie's up to his usual shenanigans again.

I doubt that is the case, I do think either TLC or something else is prohibiting them to do post or discuss anything.
it's like on lockdown.   If it is Josh related well that is just plain awful.  Cults are awful 

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, nst said:

I doubt that is the case, I do think either TLC or something else is prohibiting them to do post or discuss anything.
it's like on lockdown.   If it is Josh related well that is just plain awful.  Cults are awful 

This is most likely. They don't want them to give away much so that they can have a grand reveal of the wedding day. I'm rolling my eyes as I write this. 

Did anyone catch Jeremy's tattoo under his right arm? You can watch the proposal episode on the TLC website. That's how I captured the screenshot.  

I wonder what it says.

tattoo1.jpg

13 minutes ago, eye_browz said:

Did anyone catch Jeremy's tattoo under his right arm? You can watch the proposal episode on the TLC website. That's how I captured the screenshot.  

I wonder what it says.

tattoo1.jpg

It's probably a bible quote

21 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

It's probably a bible quote

Maybe, maybe not. Didn't Jeremy have a "bad boy" phase (well, he acted like a completely normal 20-something- scandalous). Plenty of mainstream Christians have bible tattoos, it could be something secular yet inspirational... I'm really curious now. And I wonder what Jinger thinks of it? She gets the older, adultier guy with the tattoo. And they front hug! Whaaaaaaat /sarcasm

Here's what I remember from my first marriage...please don't judge :pb_lol: We went to the church I went to when I was a child but had not been to since my parents had died, and we wanted to get married there, and the pastor who I knew when I was a child agreed to it but only if we had a session together with him on marriage..now here comes the don't judge part...we were in his office and there were like a thousand books in bookcases there and I'm thinking who has time to read that many books when you have a family to take care of and you are a minister and have things to do...and you are gonna tell us how to live...we never talked about sex or anything, and you guessed it.. we did'nt last.

WEDDING DATE!?!

Alright guys...when do you think the wedding date is? Why haven't they announced it yet? Something seems fishy....

The Pickles page posted on a vistor's comment that she thinks it is this month...what do you guys think???

2 hours ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

WEDDING DATE!?!

Alright guys...when do you think the wedding date is? Why haven't they announced it yet? Something seems fishy....

The Pickles page posted on a vistor's comment that she thinks it is this month...what do you guys think???

Maybe Halloween? They can take that ebil scawy holiday and make it all Gothard/Cattle auction/Duggar approved.

Well, I got pictures in the email this morning about "jinger's engagment" &there were marks on the floor where they were supposed to stand for the engagenet. A 'j' and a 'v' standing toe to toe. So, looks like it was staged.

I am not surprised at all it was a re-enactment. Who in their right mind would allow cameras into something as personal as that? Also, what if you stumbled your words during such a precious *gag* moment and the cameraman was like "CUT. Back to the 'you're the light of my life' part and try it again!"

Jeremy seems to have more autonomy than say, Ben, that I don't think he would put up with them filming the engagement the FIRST time around. 

I wonder what Jeremy's friends think about Counting On?  Do you think they razz him or support him?  I guess it depends if its friends from now (Bin-types) or friends from growing up or college.  I wonder if he tried to pastor to his soccer teams?

Just now, freshlemonade said:

I wonder what Jeremy's friends think about Counting On?  Do you think they razz him or support him?  I guess it depends if its friends from now (Bin-types) or friends from growing up or college.  I wonder if he tried to pastor to his soccer teams?

If Jeremy has friends I would be surprised.  The way he talks I doubt he has any except the ones we saw on tv

19 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

I am not surprised at all it was a re-enactment. Who in their right mind would allow cameras into something as personal as that? Also, what if you stumbled your words during such a precious *gag* moment and the cameraman was like "CUT. Back to the 'you're the light of my life' part and try it again!"

Jeremy seems to have more autonomy than say, Ben, that I don't think he would put up with them filming the engagement the FIRST time around. 

Ben has nothing on Jeremy for the simple aspect that Jeremy is older and clearly overstepped the courtship rules flaty didn't care whereas Ben looking back was terrified of even Jessa if you think about it because he and Jessa for that reason never overstepped which spoke volumes. 

1 hour ago, ksgranola1 said:

Well, I got pictures in the email this morning about "jinger's engagment" &there were marks on the floor where they were supposed to stand for the engagenet. A 'j' and a 'v' standing toe to toe. So, looks like it was staged.

who sent you pictures, the people playing the fake music or the production team lighting the rainbow ? 

When my parents went to the Catholic church and got some kind of document so that they could marry in the Evangelical (Protestant) church the priest was hungover and had to clean his desk from empty beer bottles. I'm not aware of any required pre marital stuff here. I think you go and plan what kind of music you want and things like that. But nothing more.

On 10/12/2016 at 10:14 PM, Carm_88 said:

I know here you have to do pre-marital counselling with a priest if you're getting married in the Catholic Church. I think you have tod o it for a few weeks. Not sure exactly how long, I think it depends on the priest and how laid back he is. But I wouldn't want to do it with a family member or even a friend. 

We were married in the Catholic Church seven years ago. In this archdiocese, you are required to do a compatibility inventory called FOCCUS. Link to sample questions: 

http://www.foccusinc.com/foccus-inventory-sample-questions.aspx

The priest performing the ceremony gets the results back which show percentage of agreement or disagreement and areas that need to be discussed. We had two sessions with our priest to discuss those results and the details of the ceremony. Basically, we scored in agreement on most issues. We were "uncertain" on money issues which we discussed the day we completed the inventory. Those questions made us aware that we had not discussed it. 

We had three additional sessions with our priest in regard to handling in-laws after my husband's sister made an appointment with the priest to ask him to stop the wedding. Had she not done that, we would not have had those extra times with him. It was very helpful because a third party made it clear to my husband that it was his job to handle his sister attempting to interfere in our relationship. She had been doing so since we began dating by trying to manipulate me and he had previously felt that I should deal with it as a conflict between her and me. 

The archdiocese here also requires either an Engaged Encounter weekend or a day long marriage workshop. We did the workshop. Those workshops are led by long married couples (four couples at ours) who have gone through training on conducting them. It focused mostly on communication including communicating openly about sex, but sex was never the focus. 

We had one meeting with our priest. She asked us some questions about how we met, how long we lived together (she met us in our home so it was obvious we lived together), what challenges we had experienced so far and why we had chosen to get married. She also asked us about our faith how we saw god and the church playing a role in supporting our marriage. It was quite informal and it felt like we would have had to give very bad answers to these questions for her to not go ahead and marry us. 

@louisa05,  we had a dear friend on went on an Engaged Encounter with her fiancé sometime back in the early 80s.  They ended their engagement as a result.  Some of us were glad because we'd heard really disturbing things about this guy,  e.g., he'd poisoned his ex-GF's dogs out of spite.  

Just now, PennySycamore said:

@louisa05,  we had a dear friend on went on an Engaged Encounter with her fiancé sometime back in the early 80s.  They ended their engagement as a result.  Some of us were glad because we'd heard really disturbing things about this guy,  e.g., he'd poisoned his ex-GF's dogs out of spite.  

That is kind of the point--the sessions in both the workshop version and the weekend are intended to identify problems BEFORE the wedding takes place. And sessions with the priest are at his discretion based on the results of the inventory. A couple I knew getting married at the same time as us (3 weeks later) were meeting weekly with their priest for months  because they came out "uncertain" or "disagree" in every single area. 

Back in the dark ages (mid-80's), the Diocese of Richmond required 6 months of pre-cana classes to marry. I was engaged to X #1 at the time and since he wasn't Catholic and he wasn't going to convert and I wasn't interested in religion at all at the time, we did the civil thing. 

Come to think of it, I've never been married in a church...EVER. It took a couple of tries (ok, three) before marriage "stuck". Me and Mr. xtian have been married almost 18 years now...and we got hitched in the JOP's living room. 

6 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Back in the dark ages (mid-80's), the Diocese of Richmond required 6 months of pre-cana classes to marry. I was engaged to X #1 at the time and since he wasn't Catholic and he wasn't going to convert and I wasn't interested in religion at all at the time, we did the civil thing. 

Come to think of it, I've never been married in a church...EVER. It took a couple of tries (ok, three) before marriage "stuck". Me and Mr. xtian have been married almost 18 years now...and we got hitched in the JOP's living room. 

My SIL's niece got married a few weeks before hubby and I did and they had 6 weeks of pre-cana classes  and i remember my parents working one of those 6 week classes back in the 80's (which was a joke, my parents hated each other and my dad tried to leave  before my bitch mom said he'd never see us kids again if he dared, so he stayed until the youngest was 24 & out on her own)  I might be wrong on the length but I thought it was 6 classes, but I don't know how they how long they spaced it out over.  DH & I married in a non denom church we had 3 meetings with the pastor, he was busy with another couple marring the weekend after us who were having issues (and are divorced now as is my SIL niece).

Anyone have any guesses when Jinger and Jeremy will tie the knot??? I'm surprised that nothing has been announced, as the Duggars seem to announce quickly and begin soliciting gifts, and the pictures of the wedding invitations tend to be leaked...since nothing has been leaked yet I kind of think no invitations have been sent. 

BUT: The Pickles & Hairspray page over on Facebook think that she is getting married this month. This comes from a picture the Duggar friend Krista posted of her, Jinger and other girls at their church mentioning that she would be going to Arkansas a lot for weddings this Fall... Krista was in Arkansas a few weeks ago for the Querry (other Duggar close friend) wedding...and she posted and other fundies commented on her instagram that she would be going back to Arkansas "soon." Krista also posted a picture of a booked flight to Arkansas with the dates smeared out, but took it down. Maybe because Jboob doesn't want the word getting out and taking away money they get from selling to People and TLC???

What are your thoughts? When do you think the next big day is? Where do you think it will be? Some tabloids have mentioned NYC...

Like they're royalty or something!  Give me a big fat break with the secrecy.  This family's belief system is so damaging.  The less we hear about them the better.  

3 minutes ago, Timetostoplurking said:

I'm with you  @VooDooChild who cares!   It's will happen when it happens and I plan to snark a lot when it does!   Lol

Oh yes.  Much snark will occur.  Maybe that is what they are trying to avoid.  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived