IGNORED

Trump 4: Now With Less Orange Tan

Destiny

1 hour ago, FakePigtails said:

The sleaze has reached a new level, per the Washington Post:

*anxiously awaits fallout of this*

Dear Santa,

Can I please have an early Christmas present this year? All I want is for the Trump camp to send Kayleigh McEnany out to answer for Trump's latest gaffe. To hear her say "What's the big deal? I love kitties!!!" would be fabulous.

Your friend,

Cartmann99

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FakePigtails said:

The sleaze has reached a new level, per the Washington Post:

*anxiously awaits fallout of this*

Hmmmm, so Phil Robertson thinks having Hillary Clinton run for president is a sign of Satan, but having the sexist, bigoted, racist, xenophobic, and misogynistic Trump run for president is somehow a calling from Jesus?

Phil has always been a sexist jerk, but I think this is further proof the guy is ingesting a lot of his beard hair and it is affecting his ability to think and speak. 

4 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Hmmmm, so Phil Robertson thinks having Hillary Clinton run for president is a sign of Satan, but having the sexist, bigoted, racist, xenophobic, and misogynistic Trump run for president is somehow a calling from Jesus?

Phil has always been a sexist jerk, but I think this is further proof the guy is ingesting a lot of his beard hair and it is affecting his ability to think and speak. 

The thread about this in the World News section at CAF gives an interesting and painful insight into the mental gymnastics that go into justifying a Trump vote despite this.

11 minutes ago, FakePigtails said:

The thread about this in the World News section at CAF gives an interesting and painful insight into the mental gymnastics that go into justifying a Trump vote despite this.

I know I'm gonna feel dumb when you tell me, but, CAF?

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

My younger brother has a friend from High School who was forced to endure conversion therapy for five years. To say he and his boyfriend are pissed that the subject didn't come up is probably the understatement of the century. And I'm furious it wasn't brought up too. It's great that other important topics - like racism and policing - were asked about, but not questioning Pence's record on LGBTQ rights was a massive oversight.

I am glad that Kaine challenged him so often throughout the debate though on numerous topics. And I thought it was very interesting that he also quoted the Bible when speaking for his support of abortion rights. You don't see any pro-choice supporters quoting the Bible or framing their support in that way.

There are some horror stories about conversion therapy on the internet. Someone on Twitter was actually inspired by the debate to open up about their experience in conversion therapy and my God, it was horrifying. Absolute depravity.

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

I know I'm gonna feel dumb when you tell me, but, CAF?

Ah, sorry. I abbreviated in case of weird search stuff leading people from there to here. It's the Catholic Answers Forum. There's some crazy shit there, esp. in the world news section.

You know, no matter how sleazy he gets, no matter what kind of incriminating documents are released, his base is going to vote for him. The worst he is, the better they like him.

The one thing that does seem to be working against him is the fact that he does not seem to have been nearly as successful as he said he was. I am amazed that a reporter at Newsweek is the one getting the scoop on all the big papers, going after the financial reports filed with the New Jersey Gaming Commission. Rather than millions of dollars a year, there seem to have been years that he did not even make six figures. I think that might actually hurt him. A lot of these people don't care how sleazy he is, or what he says about women, but the fact that he's not the fabulous businessman with amazing, astonishing, excellent business instincts - well, how are they supposed to believe that he has the "instincts" to run this country if his instincts lost him millions of dollars and drove him into bankruptcy 7 times? It's weird - that information has been available this entire time, but until the actual numbers were printed, along with the years how much he made and how much they lost, nobody seemed to pay any attention.
I don't know. All I know is that I was watching Hillary's numbers go down, and Trump's numbers go up, and now Trump seems to be in freefall and I kind of wish I knew how to do a jig. [emoji48]

I want to hear evangelicals justify how exactly this is Christian behavior.  I want my one Facebook friend who supports Trump and acts like any criticism against him is an insult directed at her justify this.

Holy shit. Paul Ryan fucking disinvited him from a joint appearance. This is the best day EVER.

Just now, JMarie said:

Could this really be the end???

If only. I'm watching this go down while giving myself a facial and I can't stop laughing.

My Trump loving fundie relatives have gone silent on social media. Not sure they can find a way to explain this one away. 

They won't vote Hillary. I guarantee that. I could see at least two back away from voting at all. Which is a few less votes for Trump and they are in swing states. 

14 minutes ago, JMarie said:

Could this really be the end???

I hope Trump's ego and narcissistic personality will not allow him to step down, because no way he can win now.  But if he did, can Pence run for President?  

2 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

I hope Trump's ego and narcissistic personality will not allow him to step down, because no way he can win now.  But if he did, can Pence run for President?  

Constitutionally, I don't think so, but:

http://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/2016/10/6/13184492/flip-ticket-trump-pence-constitution

Maddow showed a tweet on her show that said that sources are saying the RNC is having an emergency meeting to discuss something about an emergency replacement. Before that she and Chris Hayes, during their show transitions, said it was possible Trump could lose the nomination at this rate.

This is going to be one hell of a weekend. Holy shit. Dumpster fire, indeed.

Oh my god, this is the best night ever. I'm loving the actual fuck out of this. I don't think they can replace him at this point though - voting has started in some states, with more starting next week, and it's too late to change ballots as I understand it.

Seriously watch St. Maddow if you have MSNBC available. There's so much going on and she's great with it.

OMG there's already an ad including the new comments!!!

Okay they can't oust him but he could step down (though I doubt he would). But the RNC has to plan in case that happens.

Maddow liveblogging lol

4 hours ago, Destiny said:

Holy fuck me that's fucking nasty. He's predatory as shit in this video!

.....and he had just married Meliana. I don't like her but I feel sorry for her right now.

Also, Donnie, that's not how you apologise. 

I understand. His temper scares me and I hope he doesn't take it out on her and their son.  No woman deserves that. :pb_sad:

35 minutes ago, GeoBQn said:

I want to hear evangelicals justify how exactly this is Christian behavior.  I want my one Facebook friend who supports Trump and acts like any criticism against him is an insult directed at her justify this.

I've been reading over the last few months where the evangelicals keep refering to him as a new Christian, and to give him some slack because he's still learning his way. I think they'll spin it as something that happened before he dedicated his life to Christ, and that he's a totally changed man now. :pb_rollseyes:

28 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Holy shit. Paul Ryan fucking disinvited him from a joint appearance. This is the best day EVER.

Hell's bells! I had heard that they were supposed to do an event together and wondered how Ryan was going to handle it. 

Also, I heard he issued a non-apology apology, the old "I'm sorry if you were offended" crap. It appears to be a written statement, so I bet his team wrote it and released it to the media. If I were insane enough to be on team Trump right now, I'd be drinking heavily and questioning my life choices right now. :obscene-drinkingchug:

11 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Trying to see if I can get MSNBC. I don't have cable, so I'm dependent on streaming.

Just now, Destiny said:

Trying to see if I can get MSNBC. I don't have cable, so I'm dependent on streaming.

I just switched and it looks like she's moved on to the hurricane.

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

We're looking at cord-cutting and I don't think there are legit options for that except for Sling TV (which for us would cost about as much as our current TV package and not include a DVR so nope). Maddow does, however, have a podcast option after the fact: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/the-rachel-maddow-show-podcast

1 minute ago, FakePigtails said:

We're looking at cord-cutting and I don't think there are legit options for that except for Sling TV (which for us would cost about as much as our current TV package and not include a DVR so nope). Maddow does, however, have a podcast option after the fact: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/the-rachel-maddow-show-podcast

TBH, I very rarely miss cable. I do have the benefit of having a friend who shares his DTV login so I can get the pay wall stuff, but between me and my Apple TV, I manage to see nearly everything I want to. I'm mostly CNN these days because they have a direct Apple TV app, but I can airplay in a pinch.

The only good thing about Trump's run is that I perform on an improv team, and he is providing a lot of fodder for crowd-pleasing jokes.

I wonder if he's going to do the debate on Sunday. It's the town hall one where "half of the questions will be posed directly by citizen participants and the other half will be based on topics of broad public interest as reflected in social media and other sources" COULD GET INTERESTING.

Whoo, boy.  As noted above, audio on an Access Hollywood bus in 2005 when Trump didn't realize he had a hot mic.  http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/07/politics/donald-trump-women-vulgar/

There is a current YUUUUGE Republican meltdown going on over this.  My fear is that Donald Trump will now drop out/be forced out and Pence will be put forward as the nominee.  Finally, the Teflon Don is radioactive. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived