IGNORED

Trump 4: Now With Less Orange Tan

Destiny

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Biden is my spirit animal. I'm really going to miss him once Obama's term is over. The two of them worked phenomenally well together and I have a massive amount of respect for them both - but especially Biden because he clearly has such a high respect for our soldiers. 

Both my Grandpas served in the Military - one was Army and Coast Guard and the other served in the Navy during World War II. Both my husband's grandfathers served in the Army as well - one of them served in Africa and Italy during World War II. And my dad was a Marine who served a year in Vietnam. So any politician who shows a true and genuine concern for the Military - the way Biden and McCain do - are worthy of my respect.

Someone like Trump? Not a chance. Not because of his PTSD comments, but because his concern is fake. If he honestly cared he would have actually revealed a real plan to help Veterans and donated the damn money the promised for the Memorial.

You and me both.  They really meshed well as President and VP.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is anybody else listening to the VP debate? I have the radio tuned into the VP debate so I can listen while I work on putting in a new floor. I had to take a break to announce that I already want to reach out and smack Pence upside his pointed head. :angry-cussingblack:

5 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Is anybody else listening to the VP debate? I have the radio tuned into the VP debate so I can listen while I work on putting in a new floor. I had to take a break to announce that I already want to reach out and smack Pence upside his pointed head. :angry-cussingblack:

Be happy you're not watching it. Pence keeps rolling his eyes and making smirky faces like a bratty teenager.

12 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

You should see Pence's expressions. 

You know, I really have to give credit to Hillary and Tim dealing with Pence and Trump during these debates. I could not do it. I would be all, "WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP, YOU FUCK FACE!" or "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?! DID YOU REALLY JUST SAY THAT, YOU ASSCLOWN?!?" YOU AND YOUR FOLLOWERS ARE DEPLORABLE!!!" 

5 minutes ago, Mecca said:

You should see Pence's expressions. 

You know, I really have to give credit to Hillary and Tim dealing with Pence and Trump during these debates. I could not do it. I would be all, "WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP, YOU FUCK FACE!" or "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?! DID YOU REALLY JUST SAY THAT, YOU ASSCLOWN?!?" YOU AND YOUR FOLLOWERS ARE DEPLORABLE!!!" 

I'd probably smack Pence's smarmy face. He just made the snide and nasty comment "did you work a long time on that?" after Kaine made a good point.

Just now, GreyhoundFan said:

I'd probably smack Pence's smarmy face. He just made the snide and nasty comment "did you work a long time on that?" after Kaine made a good point.

Urg! And I yelled at the TV, "OH SHUT UP, YA DUMBASS!" <---- And this is why I can never run for public office. 

"Gentlemen" : Stop talking over each other and pretend you have your Big Boy Pants on.

I was almost comatose watching the Duggars and only 10 minutes into this debate, I think I need some BP medication.

6 minutes ago, Mecca said:

Urg! And I yelled at the TV, "OH SHUT UP, YA DUMBASS!" <---- And this is why I can never run for public office. 

Pence just keeps yammering over the moderator. She keeps saying, "Governor, GOVERNOR, G-O-V-E-R-N-O-R" and he just doesn't shut up.

Here, I can sum up what Pence has said over and over and over: "Hillary is the devil, everything in the world is her fault." He's only used 400 million words. He has no concept of what Hillary really stands for. Frankly, he doesn't know what Drumpf stands for either.

11 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Pence just keeps yammering over the moderator. She keeps saying, "Governor, GOVERNOR, G-O-V-E-R-N-O-R" and he just doesn't shut up.

Here, I can sum up what Pence has said over and over and over: "Hillary is the devil, everything in the world is her fault." He's only used 400 million words. He has no concept of what Hillary really stands for. Frankly, he doesn't know what Drumpf stands for either.

Exactly. Tim quoted Donald's stance on nuclear weapons that was stated in the debate and Pence said, "he never said that." Um, yes he did. Donald said it last freaking Monday. He also has no clue about the immigration policy of Trump. Unreal. 

It is pretty obvious Pence has not a clue about who he is running with and what Trump has said. I guess to be slightly fair, it would be hard to remember all the stupid shit that comes out of Cheeto's face, but come on. 

16 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

"Gentlemen" : Stop talking over each other and pretend you have your Big Boy Pants on.

I was almost comatose watching the Duggars and only 10 minutes into this debate, I think I need some BP medication.

I'm kinda ok with them talking over each other. It's not a formal debate like the first Presidential debate was - it's more like a conversation. And it makes it slightly more entertaining. I don't like how they're ignoring or talking over the Moderator though. It's just disrespectful.

I will say that Pence definitely has the tougher job. He has to sell himself as having a Presidential temperament - which he's doing ok on - while also selling the idea of Trump being capable of being Presidential... which is probably impossible at this point. Kaine, on the other hand, just needs to not fuck up too badly while pointing out all the fuckery going on with Trump's campaign.

Well, I was annoyed with Tim Kaine, who I normally like. I know he was supposed to be an attack dog, but he spent all the time interrupting and prosecuting Drumpf. I wanted him to grill Pence on Pence's record, which is scary. I'm watching the follow up on CNN and Drumpf's buddy Kayleigh is dancing a jig. I keep throwing things at the TV. I may end up needing a new TV by the end of this election cycle.

Oh boy, Cheeto was live tweeting the debate. He was as unhinged as usual.

Here is what pisses me off. Trump is so far off the rails that he makes Pence look reasonable to people that are not paying attention. And for the record, Pence is not reasonable at all. Look at Pence's stance on Women's healthcare and the rights of gays. The guy is flat out terrifying and having him anywhere near the White House is scary. 

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 33m33 minutes ago

Mike Pence won big. We should all be proud of Mike!

We'll see about that, Donald.

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Be happy you're not watching it. Pence keeps rolling his eyes and making smirky faces like a bratty teenager.

Good thing I stuck with internet radio then.

Did you guys catch what Pence said about the Clinton Foundation? Pence said less than 10 cents of every dollar they raise goes to programs and services and that the Clintons just use the Foundation so they can travel the world. According to Charity Navigator, 86.9% of the Clinton Foundation money goes to the programs and services they provide.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=16680

It seems the 10% figure is an article of faith on the right.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/10/04/mike-pence-runs-conservative-media-lie-about-clinton-foundation-s-charitable-spending/213538

Just one month out, peeps :)  Then we can try to return to our regular lives..... or .... not..... (ducking and moving to another country)

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Well, I was annoyed with Tim Kaine, who I normally like. I know he was supposed to be an attack dog, but he spent all the time interrupting and prosecuting Drumpf. I wanted him to grill Pence on Pence's record, which is scary. I'm watching the follow up on CNN and Drumpf's buddy Kayleigh is dancing a jig. I keep throwing things at the TV. I may end up needing a new TV by the end of this election cycle.

Oh boy, Cheeto was live tweeting the debate. He was as unhinged as usual.

Kaine did attack Pence's record at times though. I'm specifically thinking about his comments on abortion - I'm pretty sure he pointed out Pence's views on that.

I was also half asleep though, so I could be wrong on that. :pb_lol:

To be honest, I saw his interrupting Pence as more of an attempt to fact check him and force him to actually answer questions than anything. Pence is just as slippery as Trump, but far more polished. If you pay attention to his answers, he rarely started out by actually answering anything he was asked. 

None of what Pence did or said last night is really going to matter much though if Trump continues to refuse to adequately prepare for the debates. The name at the top of the ticket is the one that pulls the most weight.

My fear is that if Trump does win, he'll quickly realize the presidency is more work than he really wants to do and he'll exit stage left and leave us with Pence.  *shudder*

Read an article at Politico about Republicans wanting Trump to change his debate prep plans for Sunday:

“My greatest hope is that Gov. Pence participates in Mr. Trump’s debate prep,” said former Trump campaign aide Michael Caputo.

Scott Reed, senior political strategist at the Chamber of Commerce, expressed the same hope. From Pence, Trump could learn to “go in with a set strategy and not chase every question and Hillary Clinton statement down rabbit trails,” Reed said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/gop-trump-pence-prep-debate-229181

Um, guys? Trump agreeing to be coached by Pence would mean admitting that Pence did better in his debate than Trump. Don't bet the farm on Trump agreeing to this. Also, his biggest fans like that he behaves like a petulant toddler with no impulse control. 

I'm really confused by why so many people online (not here, but other places) think the Pence won the debate. He behaved like a total asshole. He kept making snide remarks to Kaine like, "when you're back in the Senate. . . " 

He behaved like a rude, smug asshole the whole time. And he lied so many times that I lost count. But he was calm, so that counts as a victory. 

So I guess all that matters to the American people is that a person can lie calmly to their face.  Personally, I find it chilling when a person can so calmly lie like that. It gives off a really strong sociopath vibe. 

21 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

I'm really confused by why so many people online (not here, but other places) think the Pence won the debate. He behaved like a total asshole. He kept making snide remarks to Kaine like, "when you're back in the Senate. . . " 

He behaved like a rude, smug asshole the whole time. And he lied so many times that I lost count. But he was calm, so that counts as a victory. 

So I guess all that matters to the American people is that a person can lie calmly to their face.  Personally, I find it chilling when a person can so calmly lie like that. It gives off a really strong sociopath vibe. 

I am with you. Yes, Kaine interrupted a few times and went after Pence and the Trump policies with some passion, but he did not make it personal with snarky remarks, roll his eyes, smirk and laugh at the audience trying to make fun of Kaine, or make racist statements - "That Mexican thing." Pence directly went against the Trump polices on Syria, had no clue about the immigration stance of Trump, apparently did not watch the debate of Trump last Monday, and flat out lied in all other areas. 

Pence may have won on style because he can openly lie with a straight face, but Kaine clearly kicked his ass on substance. Just goes to show how many people truly do not understand what is being said including some in the freaking media. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/jack-mitnick-donald-trump-taxes-brilliance-229114

Donald Trump’s former accountant challenged the Republican presidential nominee’s assertion that he “brilliantly” used tax laws to avoid paying federal taxes.

“I did all the tax preparation. He never saw the product until it was presented to him for signature,” Jack Mitnick, a former Trump family accountant, told Inside Edition’s Steven Fabian in an interview broadcast Tuesday.

Another thing to consider about the VP debate is what did each person set as their goal for the debate? Pence was obviously setting himself up as the Republican candidate for 2020, so he didn't worry about trying to defend Trump. Kaine was setting himself up to be Secretary Clinton's VP, so he worked to defend her from Pence's attacks. The Clinton camp will get some good ads out of Pence's outright lies and refusal to defend Trump. 

Rumors are flying that Trump is mad that Pence didn't vigorously defend Trump's positions and statements. Trump's behavior will eventually show if that is true or not. Trump has two appearances scheduled today in Nevada, let's see if he says anything about the debate to his fans.

Speaking of ads based on last night's VP debate, the Clinton camp released this one earlier today:

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/jack-mitnick-donald-trump-taxes-brilliance-229114

Donald Trump’s former accountant challenged the Republican presidential nominee’s assertion that he “brilliantly” used tax laws to avoid paying federal taxes.

“I did all the tax preparation. He never saw the product until it was presented to him for signature,” Jack Mitnick, a former Trump family accountant, told Inside Edition’s Steven Fabian in an interview broadcast Tuesday.

As the wife of an Accountant this makes me happy. Maybe it was stupid of me, but I was rather offended when Trump took credit for writing off the money. Accountants work ridiculously hard to prepare tax returns - my husband logged over 80 hours in one week this past Tax Season - and it pisses me off when people don't give credit where it's due. 

---- 

And I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but I just spoke with my brother and he brought up a comment Pence made about people with disabilities. He apparently said he's passed legislation as Governor that protected vulnerable populations - and then immediately listed unborn children and people with disabilities as examples.

My brother works in Disability Services at a college in our state and he said social media was blowing up last night over it because it's just such an asshole comparison to make. He's on his way to an event concerning Disability Services and he said local Reps for both candidates will be there. He's going to ask about that if no one else does.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived