IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I only wanna be with you!

samurai_sarah

43 minutes ago, sadiZ said:

Anyone heard of the Perez family? Elizabeth Perez (instagram name elli.harper) and Whitney Bates had this interesting exchange the other day. Do we think this could be JinJer's wedding? 

instacapture.JPG

I saw that, it could be JinJer's wedding, but there was a fundie wedding a couple weeks ago that people were also speculating could be hers and it obviously turned out not to be. So we will see if this one is the real deal!

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I saw that, it could be JinJer's wedding, but there was a fundie wedding a couple weeks ago that people were also speculating could be hers and it obviously turned out not to be. So we will see if this one is the real deal!

I just can't imagine they'd wait until the new year, so it has to be coming up here soon! They are on the "fast track" after all.... :pb_rollseyes:

I think that if I magically got married tomorrow...hah. And I do want to. I would forgo all gifts if I could have everyone actually in attendance. There's a really small number of people I would want to invite...so, that would be the most important thing. Getting everyone to Oregon.

Still very curious about Miss Jinger's registry and tastes. I hope she has some. Think she does. Somewhere in that girl remains a spark of somethin'

1 hour ago, sadiZ said:

Anyone heard of the Perez family? Elizabeth Perez (instagram name elli.harper) and Whitney Bates had this interesting exchange the other day. Do we think this could be JinJer's wedding? 

instacapture.JPG

This question was also posed in the 19kidsandloving tumblr and this was their reply:

The wedding I think they are referring to is the sister of the girl who commented! Her name is Abby and she is marrying Drew Patton. They are getting married in November. Not that this means Jinger isn’t getting married in November but because it is her sister, I think that’s the wedding she is referring to!

7 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

This question was also posed in the 19kidsandloving tumblr and this was their reply:

The wedding I think they are referring to is the sister of the girl who commented! Her name is Abby and she is marrying Drew Patton. They are getting married in November. Not that this means Jinger isn’t getting married in November but because it is her sister, I think that’s the wedding she is referring to!

Thanks for the info!

14 hours ago, season of life said:

I'm in New York and I see a lot of educated women waiting until their early thirties to marry and or have kids. Which is very interesting to me because I've been raised to think 30 is too old to be a wife/mom. But it's different now because a lot of Muslims in our small community are waiting until their mid-twenties to get hitched. Financial security is more important than jumping into marriage these days.

You can get married and wait to have kids when you have more financial stability. So many people think marriage means BABIES right now! I know 2 couples who we went to church with , they married when the wife turned 18, the men were both at least a year older. Both couples waited 12 to 14 years before they had their 1st child. One couple bought a HUGE house and both of them worked 2 jobs and had it paid off in 11 years, and as soon as they had it paid off the kept working 2 jobs until she got pregnant she went down to 1 job until she had the baby, then quit. The other couple waited 14 years and had 2 kids sadly she died a little over 2 years ago when they youngest was only 13 so waiting didn't work out as well for them, but it does for a lot of people. 

We got married at 21 and 23. This year makes seven years. 

I was one of the last girls to get married out of my high school class, he was one of the first of his friends to get married

I was from Branson, and he grew up in a suburb of Kansas City. 

We didn't have a registry, got married at a chick fla by a friend who was on shift for free, (60 bucks for the license) and counted out change from the center console of the car to buy an ice cream cone that we shared. We were poor, and in college. 

My ring was an old piece of string that was replaced with a silver band after about two or three months. We paid ten bucks for it!

Less poor now, still not rich. 

On 9/19/2016 at 5:58 PM, backyard sylph said:

I hate finding him so attractive when he could be my senior prom baby. Well, Homecoming, I guess.

As to eye fucking, I think I've mainly heard it used in a give and take sense. He's certainly asking to be let in..

Oh Yea! Big Sigh.

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

For those interested in average marriage ages in the United States: https://mic.com/articles/92361/the-median-age-of-marriage-in-every-state-in-the-u-s-in-two-maps#.a40ODbA2G

"

The oldest-marrying states are New York (28.8 for women, 30.3 for men), Massachusetts (28.8, 30.1), Rhode Island (28.5, 30.2), Connecticut (28.2, 30.0) and New Jersey (28.1, 30.1). But D.C. politicos seem to have the hardest time settling down, with the median age of first marriage at 29.8 for women and 30.6 for men.

As for the youngest-marrying states, Utah takes first place with the median age of 23.5 for women and 25.6 for men. Others include Idaho (24.0 for women, 25.8 for men), Wyoming (24.5, 26.8), Arkansas (24.8, 26.3) and Oklahoma (24.8, 26.3)."

Interesting how the women are usually younger than the men. Even in real life, rarely do I see an older woman marrying a younger man. So far, I only know this one lady (PhD, 37) engaged to a younger man (MFA, 32).

4 minutes ago, season of life said:

Interesting how the women are usually younger than the men. Even in real life, rarely do I see an older woman marrying a younger man. So far, I only know this one lady (PhD, 37) engaged to a younger man (MFA, 32).

My husband is 6.5 years younger than me. It runs in the family. My cousin is five years older than her husband. Her brother is 2 years younger than his wife. We all got married a bit later, though. The 6.5 and 5 year age differences in particular would be rough had we not all been over 30 (including the grooms). Given that I was already teaching high school when my husband was finishing high school...yeah. But we didn't know each other until many years later. 

My sister's husband is a few years younger than her, and one of my grandmothers was older than my grandpa, but it does seem to not be the norm. I'm 42 and single, in the South, and very rarely get the "marriage" question. I can't remember the last time anyone's said anything about it to me! There is the occasional assumption that I'm married (when I picked up the certified check for the closing on my house, the teller asked if my husband's name needed to be on it and gave me a "you go girl" when I told her I wasn't married), but even that's rare.

I wouldn't mind getting married if I met the right guy, but he'd have to be pretty amazing to make me willing to scramble my life for him. I'm not settling, and if that means I stay single, that's fine, there are plenty of benefits to that. It's nice to be able to pick up and take a weekend trip Friday afternoon without having to clear it with anyone first!

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

My husband is 6.5 years younger than me. It runs in the family. My cousin is five years older than her husband. Her brother is 2 years younger than his wife. We all got married a bit later, though. The 6.5 and 5 year age differences in particular would be rough had we not all been over 30 (including the grooms). Given that I was already teaching high school when my husband was finishing high school...yeah. But we didn't know each other until many years later. 

A friend of mine's fiance (at the time. They got married when she graduated)  was a teacher when we were in HS. He was 22 though lol.

18 minutes ago, RainbowSky said:

A friend of mine's fiance (at the time. They got married when she graduated)  was a teacher when we were in HS. He was 22 though lol.

We are pretty sure I probably yelled at husband and his friends once when he was in high  school. There was a property right behind the school I taught at where they held Catholic youth retreats. There was a balcony on that building in spitting distance of my classroom windows. When they had three day retreats, kids would be all over that balcony during breaks on Fridays and look into my classroom and sometimes try to get my students' attention. In warm weather months when the windows were open, it was a huge disruption and I would end up going to the windows and yelling at the retreat kids to stop disrupting my class. Husband was at one of those retreats in May of his senior year and recalls a "cute" teacher yelling at them from that room. No way it wasn't me. LOL!!

7 hours ago, bingbangboom said:

I was one of the last girls to get married out of my high school class, he was one of the first of his friends to get married

We didn't have a registry, got married at a chick fla by a friend who was on shift for free, (60 bucks for the license) and counted out change from the center console of the car to buy an ice cream cone that we shared. We were poor, and in college. 

My ring was an old piece of string that was replaced with a silver band after about two or three months. We paid ten bucks for it!

That is really romantic, I hope you have a good and long life together. So much better than spending hundreds of £s or $s just for one day.

Your wedding day sounds like a Bruce Springsteen song scenario! 

Love that man. :my_smile:

The thing I hated the most when I was single and told a man I was a teacher was "You know, when I was in high school I had the hugest crush on one of my teachers." followed by a confession of whatever impure thoughts they produced about said teacher at 15-16. I don't want to know!!! However, I really thought the whole thing about being hot for the teacher was just a plot device until I became a teacher myself since I never had a crush on a teacher but after all these stories I understand it very real. There definitely seems to be a dimension of boys having the hots for women in charge judging from the stories... 

@Gobsmacked haha, I guess I never looked at the day through the lenses of romance. I just think of it being one of the more classy things I've done! Fast food wedding=pure class! It never occurred to me that it was anything but hilariously tacky:pb_lol:, but I can dig on the reference to The Boss though, love me some BS! 

For better or worse, he's my guy. We both try our best to be good team mates, and do the best thing for the little booms, but marriage is hard and sometimes we screw up.

It was nice to spend money that we didn't have, but secretly I would have loved a pretty dress and just one nice picture. We didn't have any family there, his college roommate was a witness, my witness was a stranger from the booth next to ours and the officiant was a very tattooed non-heteronormative person who worked for the chicken place. We didn't have to pay our officiant but we did buy them some good beer. 

It was really stress free, there was no debt and our biggest worry was the piece of junk truck we were driving breaking down. (How charming, lol) 

Its a funny story these days and always makes for an interesting conversation!

16 hours ago, bingbangboom said:

I got married in May 2009 aged 23 (and 10 months!). I was the 2nd girl in my year at school to get married as here in the UK the average age of marriage is 30 for women and 33.1 for men. So we were seen as being very very young.

We split up when I was 26. It's funny to think that if I get married again (yeah, not likely) soon I'll be only just over the average marrying age lol.

8 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

That is really romantic, I hope you have a good and long life together. So much better than spending hundreds of £s or $s just for one day.

Your wedding day sounds like a Bruce Springsteen song scenario! 

Love that man. :my_smile:

It does sound lovely. But can we not throw (probably unintentional) judgement at those who choose to get married differently? Every couple is unique and different. What's best for one couple isn't going to be best for other couples.

I'm a big believer in having the type of wedding you want that is affordable for you - for some that means eloping or having an awesome backyard BBQ, but for others that means having a plated dinner and dancing. Neither is better or worse than the other in my opinion. More important is that you're entering a marriage built on love, trust, and respect for one another.

3 hours ago, bingbangboom said:

@Gobsmacked haha, I guess I never looked at the day through the lenses of romance. I just think of it being one of the more classy things I've done! Fast food wedding=pure class! It never occurred to me that it was anything but hilariously tacky:pb_lol:, but I can dig on the reference to The Boss though, love me some BS! 

For better or worse, he's my guy. We both try our best to be good team mates, and do the best thing for the little booms, but marriage is hard and sometimes we screw up.

It was nice to spend money that we didn't have, but secretly I would have loved a pretty dress and just one nice picture. We didn't have any family there, his college roommate was a witness, my witness was a stranger from the booth next to ours and the officiant was a very tattooed non-heteronormative person who worked for the chicken place. We didn't have to pay our officiant but we did buy them some good beer. 

It was really stress free, there was no debt and our biggest worry was the piece of junk truck we were driving breaking down. (How charming, lol) 

Its a funny story these days and always makes for an interesting conversation!

... your wedding sounds fantastic! Seriously, it sounds like you guys had a great time and made some awesome memories. Exactly the sort of outcome you hope a wedding provides.

As for the bolded - your best is all you can do. Everyone screws up once in a while (except my mom - she's a Saint! :pb_lol:) You guys sound like you have great senses of humor and I bet that helps a good deal. :pb_smile:

4 hours ago, elliha said:

The thing I hated the most when I was single and told a man I was a teacher was "You know, when I was in high school I had the hugest crush on one of my teachers." followed by a confession of whatever impure thoughts they produced about said teacher at 15-16. I don't want to know!!! However, I really thought the whole thing about being hot for the teacher was just a plot device until I became a teacher myself since I never had a crush on a teacher but after all these stories I understand it very real. There definitely seems to be a dimension of boys having the hots for women in charge judging from the stories... 

I think I would have liked that over the long monologues about why thy were never good at English and/or hated their English teachers. That was what I always got:

@bingbangboom I love your wedding story!

I married 3 weeks after I turned 24, Mr. No. was 28.   Early - mid twenties was a pretty typical age in my circles at the time for women to marry.   

I wasn't looking to get married when I met Mr. No but to quote John Lennon:  "LIfe is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans"

52 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

I think I would have liked that over the long monologues about why thy were never good at English and/or hated their English teachers. That was what I always got:

Oh, I get that too but that is universal and something that both women and men do. Or the "our whole school system is fucked up"-speech. 

15 hours ago, season of life said:

My husband is 4 years younger than me haha but yes, usually  wifes are younger. 

In Spain it's very common to marry at thirties (but most couples live together for years before marrying) and having kids at late thirties. Now we have employment problems but when employment was good, people did the same, trying to be "young" the longest as posible and having kids later.

23 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

I would think if it were any other wedding she would not have called it "the wedding in November". Usually people ask Are you going to Sally and Mike's wedding. The only other wedding I know is happening in November is Dan and Denna Dillard. 

Typically, people marry much later in the areas such as NY, Chicago, and LA because they are more educated and career oriented. In the south and in Utah, there is a barefoot and pregnant, marry ASAP culture. It completely depends on where you live! This includes the types of wedding people have. If you are fundie or live in the south, it is completely typical to have a cake and punch wedding while you are 18 and still in braces. If you come from a Greek or Italian family, the wedding is usually very ritzy and fancy since it's a tradition. If you are in a metro area and marrying in your late 20s or in your 30s, the weddings will be fancier as they can afford more. It also depends on family size and personality. Some people are private and prefer to have an intimate wedding or go and elope. Honestly, wedding etiquette is completely cultural and geographical!

On 4 oktober 2016 at 3:58 AM, louisa05 said:

Upper Midwest. Early 20s to mid 20s--within a couple of years of college is the norm around here. I was at a bridal shower for a 26 year old bride once and some people commented on how she was getting married "just in time" and was an "older bride". My college roommate was referred to as "no spring chicken" by her mother and the mother's best friend during her bridal shower. She was 29. 

Oh my. My gf comes from a small village in a part of the county called the Bible belt, after it's American model. We are both 22 years old, and several of her old classmates are already married, some have been for years! Some also have children already. Scary. It is the "no sex before marriage" thing, that is pretty unusual in my county nowadays, except among some religious people. 

I, on the other hand, was raised in the big city. I think maybe 2 out of 120 of my former high school classmates are married! Many of us even wonder if marriage is the right thing for us. Since couples living together have almost all of the legal rights married couples do, why bother ;) (also same-sex marriage becomes legal over here in March 2017!! The parlament passed the bill in november 2014 and now it will soon be legal! Finally.)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived