IGNORED

Jinger and the Jock- I only wanna be with you!

samurai_sarah

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Arix said:

So...

I could totally see Jinger naming a daughter Jessamyn in honour of Jessa, which is why I think they might go for a J theme.

Why not just go with Jessa, the Second of Her Name, of House Vuolo?

.... I miss Game of Thrones...

22 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Well, Feministxian, I'm very sorry you were offended. Looking back, I agree that stating that these areas of marrying young seem to have a "marry ASAP with the intention to get barefoot and pregnant" wasn't the best use of words at all. I sincerely apologize to those I offended, including you, for stating that and I really see how that was painting with a broad brush with a stereotype, which is something I'm very against. But I'm not sorry for showing the data and the facts and I can't really control who gets offended over the data. I'd like you to apologize for cursing me out and attempting to insult me. I'd also like for you to tell me how I am being conceited and snooty when I thought that in the context of this discussion of the median age of marriage, these statistics would be interesting to see, especially on a forum about fundamentalism.

You didn't have to post the whole thing AGAIN...I read it the first few times you posted it. 

I dn not apologize for cussing you out or insulting you. You deserved it. 

Now...care to walk back on how you characterized us southerners? You made it quite clear you look down your nose at us. I'm not going to take that from anyone. I may not have an alphabet soup after my name...but I am rather intelligent, well-read and know things that most people wouldn't give a hoot about...I also spent 20 years designing nuclear piping systems...so I'm not exactly stupid. 

People like you piss me off. Posting crap over and over doesn't prove anything. What counts is drawing the conclusions, observations and realizing that statistics do not fully characterize any region, population or culture. You can include all the statistics you want, quoted from wherever you want, but again, it is not really a fair characterization of people in any region. I am from the south, and you will never meet a more hard-working, family-oriented, beautiful bunch of people in your life. If you're hungry, they'll feed you. If your house floods, all the good old boys in the neighborhood will come and fix your house. If your car breaks down, there's always someone who knows someone who can fix damn near anything. Your statistics don't show that. Your statistics do not show that even if we're not overall "well-educated", we will bust our asses for anyone, family or friend. 

So...that is why you pissed me off. Open your eyes beyond your statistics and don't you DARE put down people just because they don't fit what YOU think is "proper". 

27 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

You didn't have to post the whole thing AGAIN...I read it the first few times you posted it. 

I dn not apologize for cussing you out or insulting you. You deserved it. 

Now...care to walk back on how you characterized us southerners? You made it quite clear you look down your nose at us. I'm not going to take that from anyone. I may not have an alphabet soup after my name...but I am rather intelligent, well-read and know things that most people wouldn't give a hoot about...I also spent 20 years designing nuclear piping systems...so I'm not exactly stupid. 

People like you piss me off. Posting crap over and over doesn't prove anything. What counts is drawing the conclusions, observations and realizing that statistics do not fully characterize any region, population or culture. You can include all the statistics you want, quoted from wherever you want, but again, it is not really a fair characterization of people in any region. I am from the south, and you will never meet a more hard-working, family-oriented, beautiful bunch of people in your life. If you're hungry, they'll feed you. If your house floods, all the good old boys in the neighborhood will come and fix your house. If your car breaks down, there's always someone who knows someone who can fix damn near anything. Your statistics don't show that. Your statistics do not show that even if we're not overall "well-educated", we will bust our asses for anyone, family or friend. 

So...that is why you pissed me off. Open your eyes beyond your statistics and don't you DARE put down people just because they don't fit what YOU think is "proper". 

First of all, I already apologized for my earlier comment that was the one comment that was not a piece of data or a fact. That was the only case where I gave a comment that was not a fact. Everything else I posted were facts and data. I haven't put anyone down here, called anyone dumb, or made fun of anyone so I'm not sure what you are talking about. I really don't understand why the facts and data have offended you so much but I already apologized for the comment I gave that was not a piece of data or a fact. I'm also not going to sit here and keep arguing with you on a thread about Jinger and Jeremy. Take the facts and data for what they are or leave them.

46 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Why not just go with Jessa, the Second of Her Name, of House Vuolo?

.... I miss Game of Thrones...

That sounds more pretentious than Spurgeon. It's perfect!!!

How about an Italian name? Or maybe use Lauren as a middle name since that's Jessa's middle name.

@luv2laugh the reason people are upset it's because you are using facts to make generalizations. Facts only show part of the story, not all of it, which is what @feministxtian is trying to say.

@feministxtian while I completely understand why your upset, I never got the impression that @luv2laugh was trying to insult or look down on anyone 

Just now, anaandrade said:

@luv2laugh the reason people are upset it's because you are using facts to make generalizations. Facts only show part of the story, not all of it, which is what @feministxtian is trying to say.

@feministxtian while I completely understand why your upset, I never got the impression that @luv2laugh was trying to insult or look down on anyone 

I get VERY defensive when people who do not know "the south" talk shit. Look...we may not be the brightest bulbs in the lamp (according to the rest of the country) we eat weird shit (grits), we talk slow and funny...BUT...here's the thing. I get to say that...because that's my home. When the south is characterized that way, it seems that most folks forget early US History...Jamestown? Williamsburg? Yorktown? The College of William and Mary? The University of Virginia? In my neck of the woods, you can't swing a cat without hitting some historical sight or another. Don't forget that when you talk smack at the south. 

Other highlights of my hometown (and environs):

Sole supplier and refueler of Aircraft Carriers

Jefferson Labs

NASA Langley Research Center - the home of the space program.

Cripes, the main east/west road in Hampton/Newport News is Mercury Blvd.

Commander Shepherd Blvd leads to NASA Langley 

The Virginia Air and Space Museum

Need I say more? 

5 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I get VERY defensive when people who do not know "the south" talk shit. Look...we may not be the brightest bulbs in the lamp (according to the rest of the country) we eat weird shit (grits), we talk slow and funny...BUT...here's the thing. I get to say that...because that's my home. When the south is characterized that way, it seems that most folks forget early US History...Jamestown? Williamsburg? Yorktown? The College of William and Mary? The University of Virginia? In my neck of the woods, you can't swing a cat without hitting some historical sight or another. Don't forget that when you talk smack at the south. 

Jefferson Labs

Need I say more? 

And...to leave you all with a funny...

How does a redneck know when to call 911?

When his buddy says "here, hold my beer"

What about Isabella Vuolo? :my_smile:

My bet has always been on Arabella Vuolo.

Or Pumpkyn Vuolo... to match Mommy's orange-themed creative~ name, and her love of fall and PSL.

Just now, actuallyjessica said:

Or Pumpkyn Vuolo... to match Mommy's orange-themed creative~ name, and her love of fall and PSL.

Latte Lauren Vuolo. Cappuccino Lauren Vuolo. Go for that coffee theme.

38 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

@feministxtian I never meant to insult you and if I did I'm sorry. And I've actually been to Jamestown, Williamsburg and the College of William and Mary for a school trip.

Those were EVERY FREAKING YEAR field trips for us...Williamsburg in the fall, Jamestown and Yorktown in the spring. 4th grade is the big "Virginia History" year so you end up going to Monticello, Mount Vernon, Fort Monroe, and then a fun trip to Busch Gardens. 

I could give a guided tour of those places now...not only did I go on all those field trips, I chaperoned my kids' trips when we moved back to VA. By then it got more fun, they included the Virginia Nature and Science Museum and the Virginia Air & Space Museum in the curriculum. All that was without leaving the peninsula. 

tidewater.JPG

33 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

I think Arabella might sound "too ethnic" for Jinger.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Jefferson Labs

Need I say more? 

Grits are not strange! I love some with cheese in the winter when it gets cold

Just now, SportsgalAnnie said:

Grits are not strange! I love some with cheese in the winter when it gets cold

Do you know how hard it is to find good grits in Nevada??? They finally opened a Cracker Barrel here...two of them actually...gonna have to head there for good grits and fried chicken livers. 

Grits with butter, salt and cheese...now I'm both hungry and homesick! 

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Do you know how hard it is to find good grits in Nevada??? They finally opened a Cracker Barrel here...two of them actually...gonna have to head there for good grits and fried chicken livers. 

Grits with butter, salt and cheese...now I'm both hungry and homesick! 

yep, My family goes to Las Vegas a lot. We stay there but travel to places like Death Valley and Zion 

7 minutes ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

yep, My family goes to Las Vegas a lot. We stay there but travel to places like Death Valley and Zion 

There's one Cracker Barrel down on Blue Diamond, just off the 15. The other one is I THINK on East Craig Rd just off the 15. I live off West Craig...gonna have to venture to the other side of the 15...

What I think may be interesting if Jinger slips the leash and starts drifting towards a more sane (or sane looking) brand of Christianity is what Jessa's reaction to the Texas drift will be. Will she join in and try to look more mainstream, ignore it all, or make 'bless your heart' type comments at the changes?

I think Arabella might sound "too ethnic" for Jinger.

Hah, yes, because it's totally pronounced Arab-ella and not Arah-bella.

Total faux Italian/Spanish sounding name as it is. But of course, too ethnic for those Duggars ;)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived