IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

FundieFarmer

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm really surprised that Tayte and Martha haven't announced another pregnancy yet. I think there were rumors that she was expecting again, but did we ever see any proof? Darth could have another in the near future.

No, it was just a bad picture. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Where I live, it takes a good 12-18 months for some cases to go to trial. I've been involved in several cases that entailed child sexual abuse (I'm a social worker), and none of them went to trial in under a year. The only time a case has wrapped up faster is when the perpetrator pleaded guilty. It doesn't look like this is happening here, unfortunately. 

Absolutely.  Up to 3 years in some places especially if there are charges in more than one jurisdiction.  I'm just surprised that I couldn't find interim court filings showing evidence of progress.  It is possible that this court doesn't have them on line though.  I don't think he has pleaded guilty - that would probably have been reported by the local press.

People getting bailed out of jail is usually a matter of public record. Alan's probably still in jail. I doubt the Smiths have the funds to spring him

He was denied bail at his first hearing due to the severity of the charges.  Given the fact that he went straight to jail, I'm also surprised that we haven't heard more bleating from the Captain (let alone his lawyer) about this persecuted and unfairly charged innocent being denied his right to a speedy trial. 

Still, the wheels of justice grind slow and all that.

Two grandsons named William? Lots of 'grace' and 'rose's for middle names too, which doesn't matter as much. 

Id be so annoyed if I had the same name as a cousin if I had to be around that cousin frequently. 

2 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Two grandsons named William? Lots of 'grace' and 'rose's for middle names too, which doesn't matter as much. 

Id be so annoyed if I had the same name as a cousin if I had to be around that cousin frequently. 

I think I wrote how I had a cousin with the same name as me (except for middle name.)  She was 9 days older than me, and mercifully lived a few towns over.

2 hours ago, FleeJanaFree said:

One is William, the other is Liam

9 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Liam is William; they call him Liam but given name is William. 

I do think it's fine as long as there are nick names to keep the confusion down. If there were multiple Elizabeth's but they were called Eliza, Beth, and Lizzie then I don't see the problem. so Liam and William most likely don't cause much confusion. 

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Liam is William; they call him Liam but given name is William. 

That's what I meant, I probably should have said "One goes by William, the other by Liam"

Kennedy and Andrew Morton are continuing their world tour in South America, and per a comment on Instagram will apparently be stopping by the Paraguayan mortopia. I wonder if they're thinking of joining the rest of the clan down there permanently? I wonder if both of the younger couples are planning to relocate sometime soon. 

Even more intriguing - it appears Addie is returning to Paraguay soon. I wonder for how long and with who - is the whole main clan going back and leaving Katie behind? I hope not. 

we have duplication of names allll over my family. one brother, 2 nephews and a niece all share a name.  a sister and a nephew share, my dad and 2 grandsons, one of our cousins... cousin, her dad, husband and son all have the same name.. I have a brother with son and grandson with same name, lets see,,,my dad and  2 of his brothers in law, my grandmother and mother share, my mother in law and aunt.. it gets goofy at times.. "which  Tom do you mean? Big Tom, brother Tom, Uncle Tom or Tommi"?  when we are all at a family gathering it gets positively silly.

9 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Kennedy and Andrew Morton are continuing their world tour in South America, and per a comment on Instagram will apparently be stopping by the Paraguayan mortopia. I wonder if they're thinking of joining the rest of the clan down there permanently? I wonder if both of the younger couples are planning to relocate sometime soon. 

Even more intriguing - it appears Addie is returning to Paraguay soon. I wonder for how long and with who - is the whole main clan going back and leaving Katie behind? I hope not. 

How the heck do they afford to travel that much?

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

How the heck do they afford to travel that much?

I would imagine their cost of living is pretty low. No college tuition, no rent, few mortgages, not much dining out or entertainment, communal meals, no childcare costs. 

10 hours ago, ladyamylynn said:

I would imagine their cost of living is pretty low. No college tuition, no rent, few mortgages, not much dining out or entertainment, communal meals, no childcare costs. 

Okay that makes sense, but still - all this flying to Europe and now to South America seems pretty luxurious on a single income. But good for them. Seeing the world might give their narrowed worldview some new perspectives and once their quiver is getting fuller and fuller this will be a thing of the past.

I was watching a Sound of Music clip last night and wish I could still watch Kressant/Michael's wedding video.  Man, that was some crazy messed up patriarchy on display.  I'm betting the Cap'n took it down because of the Morton association.  But that was some good train wreck hate watching video.  

10 minutes ago, JMO said:

I was watching a Sound of Music clip last night and wish I could still watch Kressant/Michael's wedding video.  Man, that was some crazy messed up patriarchy on display.  I'm betting the Cap'n took it down because of the Morton association.  But that was some good train wreck hate watching video.  

I'm deeply sad that the Golden Rule of Dating has been taken down. 

I noticed Kressant is no longer FB friends with her mother.

Never mind. They are friends. I swear they weren't fb friends yesterday. I could be wrong I suppose. 

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I noticed Kressant is no longer FB friends with her mother.

:evil-laugh: Dang!!!  I was just thinking that I hadn't checked in on the Smith FBs lately.  Weeeel, $#it, that takes the cake.  

But I did notice Katie Smith is not friends on FB with Jackie, Bret, or her jailed husband, Alan. Yet she's friends with Bethany, Rachel and Kressant. 

I also noticed that Wallace Smith is not friends with Rachel, Kressant or Bethany. I believe he used to be since the girls used to comment on his photos.

• 2 weeks later...

I was checking out instagram and Andrew/Tom Morton posted a picture of Kennedy with the hash tag sextaf. I doubt he really knows what that means. It gives me a bit of a giggle.  I'm waiting game to see if someone says something.  His family members including his mom liked the picture. 

I was checking out instagram and Andrew/Tom Morton posted a picture of Kennedy with the hash tag sextaf. I doubt he really knows what that means. It gives me a bit of a giggle.  I'm waiting game to see if someone says something.  His family members including his mom liked the picture. 

Haha..I bet he knows what it means and just doesn't care. He seems to love his wife and doesn't care that people know that he thinks she's hot. Which is cute, and "normal", IMO. :)

6 minutes ago, JMO said:

If he doesn't know and finds out, that may be really funny. If he does know and doesn't care, well that's cute. :) 

On 15.2.2017 at 2:46 AM, Newtothis said:

Haha..I bet he knows what it means and just doesn't care. He seems to love his wife and doesn't care that people know that he thinks she's hot. Which is cute, and "normal", IMO. :)

He is always referring to her as his sexy wife and showing how (physically) attracted he is to her. Which I think is cute. Especially if you consider how young he is and how he was brought up.

On 1/29/2017 at 9:46 PM, picklepizzas said:

"mortopia" made me think of "The Loved One" and shiver. Then I laughed. Then I shivered again. Not pleasantly!

"mortopia" could be a one-word description of this whole patriarchal mess!!!

bowing low toward @picklepizza!!!!

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived