IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Pt. 3: Fundie Cat Fights, Ahoy

FundieFarmer

11 hours ago, ophelia said:

That is my biggest fear! And sadly that is in the realm of possibilities.

I don't think she has ever learned to make any steps towards an independent life. She was raised to be a helpmeet and broodmare and that's what she is. And even if Katie was a worldly, educated woman that has lived an independet life I would not expect her to be a single, working mom of 8 kiddos only 6 months after having all hell break loose.

I don't know. I realize I've never been in that situation, and I realize I have a job and an education, but I cannot imagine NOT getting a life in place for the stability and future of my kids. 

We don't actually know what is going on at the Morton compound but given their history as a family and their religious views on life, I don't think she is at mom & dad's as a stepping stone of support. 

And I do think six months is enough time to begin making a life for yourself and your kids  -  if your future depends on it. And, that's kind of my point; I don't think her future does depend on it. Whatever changes she has made in her appearance, she is still a Morton daughter and I really believe she's reverted to SAHD status, with a bunch of kids thrown in. 

It all sounds disjointed but my point is, she is not a strong woman working through hell. She is a Morton daughter doing what her religion, and daddy, say. As always. I don't see any education, job or life changing actions in her future. She'll either live with her parents the rest or her life, married but not with her godly husband, or divorced then married off to someone else. 

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the one hand, her parents absolutely deserve to end bearing the burden of the daughter and grandchildren they caused to be in this position. On the other hand, I hope Katie finds a way to gain some independence. 

Yeah, I suspect that Katie will live with her folks for the rest of her life (unless she remarries someday.) It's fucking awful, but she's basically a puppy mill person. She could never survive on her own.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a list of the Morton grandchildren? I'm having a hard time telling which daughter goes with which mother. Especially Katie's vs Lise's. And then there was the time Darth visited and I couldn't tell her daughter apart from the others. Zandry and Mia are the only two I always get right. @Bethella

Never mind. I just found a post from last April with but the last 2 babies. I forgot Dorothy doesn't have a girl and Katie has 4. 

10 minutes ago, JMO said:

Does anyone have a list of the Morton grandchildren? I'm having a hard time telling which daughter goes with which mother. Especially Katie's vs Lise's. And then there was the time Darth visited and I couldn't tell her daughter apart from the others. Zandry and Mia are the only two I always get right. @Bethella

Katie: Bret Alan III, Ronald Michael, Catherine Esther, Wallace Johnson, Anna Grace, Elizabeth Rose, Dorothy and Jackson Lee

Michael and Kressant: Michael Beveridge III "Critter", Carlos Phineas, Jonathan DeWet, Isabella Grace, Byron Zizka, Harold Fletcher, El Roi DeKalb

Cleve and Lise: William Cleveland, Kendall Wesley, Carolina Elise

Wesley and Rachel: Joseph Wesley, William Stone, Ariana Grace, Luke Anthony, Olivia Brooklyn, #6 due in  April

Dorothy and Noah: Enoch Timothy, Patrick Oldreive, Edwin Gianavel

Martha and Tatye: Alexandria Lea "Zandry"

Andrew and Kennedy: Mia Jayden

Samuel and Alyssa: Norah Rose

1 hour ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Bit off topic, but how is Lise pronounced? 

I believe like Lisa without the a (or Elise with out the first e)

I know a Lise, and she pronounces it closer to Lisa. More like Lisé.

The only "Lees"-es I have known have always spelt it Lis. 

But I wouldn't be surprised to hear she pronounces her name with the long e and no ending vowel. 

3 hours ago, Bethella said:

Katie: Bret Alan III, Ronald Michael, Catherine Esther, Wallace Johnson, Anna Grace, Elizabeth Rose, Dorothy and Jackson Lee

Michael and Kressant: Michael Beveridge III "Critter", Carlos Phineas, Jonathan DeWet, Isabella Grace, Byron Zizka, Harold Fletcher, El Roi DeKalb

Wesley and Rachel: Joseph Wesley, William Stone, Ariana Grace, Luke Anthony, Olivia Brooklyn, #6 due in  April

Michael and Kressant went totally nuts when it comes to babynames after Isabella's birth. El Roi DeKalb? Give me a break. That poor kiddo is going to be raised in cult and receive only little education and on top of that he has to deal with this nightmare of a name.

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

Michael and Kressant went totally nuts when it comes to babynames after Isabella's birth. El Roi DeKalb? Give me a break. That poor kiddo is going to be raised in cult and receive only little education and on top of that he has to deal with this nightmare of a name.

Well, Elroy is a name;  it's the spelling that's whack.  Plus it's about two generations out of style for a man's name. 

I've got a second cousin named Leroy (pronounded LeeRoy) ; he's now in his early 70s.  Sometimes parents spell it out as two names: Lee Roy.  

On 1/14/2017 at 7:07 PM, nickelodeon said:

Yeah, I suspect that Katie will live with her folks for the rest of her life (unless she remarries someday.) It's fucking awful, but she's basically a puppy mill person. She could never survive on her own.

This is a good point.  When the extended family are all in the life, there's no one to model independence or extend a life line. 

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

Any news on whether there's a trial date, yet?

No.  I'm beginning to find that a bit strange.  

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

How long has he been in jail now? It seems like a long time. 

45 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

How long has he been in jail now? It seems like a long time. 

Arrested in July.  Early August when he was denied bail.  There were potential charges in another jurisdiction and that may have caused the delay.

It could be that the local press just isn't covering the story but I don't think he's copped a plea yet.  I did a very cursory search of court records - nothing.  I also checked find-a-prisoner and he didn't turn up as an inmate.  They update that fairly regularly so I think he is still in jail.

My google-fu stinks though and others may have better luck.

Did anybody find out the original charges for Daniel Sheats (Jackie's relative)? She also ranted about a 14 year old teenager who got pregnant and had a DNA test. This was posted on Jackie's Facebook about month or 2 before Alan was arrested.

NOTE: I an not trying to out this girl whether her baby was conceived by a consensual or non-consensual encounter.

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Any news on whether there's a trial date, yet?

I know sometimes an investigation can be protracted intentionally. Because when the perp is locked up other victims are more likely to feel safe talking about what happened. But this is taking a long time and I worry that he's no longer incarcerated.

Buzzard said this morning cases taking 18 months to get to trial is not unusual in certain jurisdictions.  I'm just throwing that out there as I know it took well over a year for the postal theft case where I was a witness to get to trial. 

El Roi is considered one of the names of God, specifically, "God Who Sees." I think the reference is from ten story of Hagar in the desert.

47 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Buzzard said this morning cases taking 18 months to get to trial is not unusual in certain jurisdictions.  I'm just throwing that out there as I know it took well over a year for the postal theft case where I was a witness to get to trial. 

Where I live, it takes a good 12-18 months for some cases to go to trial. I've been involved in several cases that entailed child sexual abuse (I'm a social worker), and none of them went to trial in under a year. The only time a case has wrapped up faster is when the perpetrator pleaded guilty. It doesn't look like this is happening here, unfortunately. 

People getting bailed out of jail is usually a matter of public record. Alan's probably still in jail. I doubt the Smiths have the funds to spring him.

21 hours ago, Bethella said:

Part of me wants to add bracketed [probably another in 2017 or early 2018] to all of them except Katie and Cleve, as well as a probable pregnancy for whenever John Morton and Mariah Campana get married. 

Maybe Katie and Anna Duggar could become best friends and then move in together. They can stay married to their spouses if needed, but they could be away from them. Both of them have plenty of practice watching children, so creating a co-mothering household wouldn't be the worst.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:37 AM, Georgiana said:

I know a Lise, and she pronounces it closer to Lisa. More like Lisé.

The only "Lees"-es I have known have always spelt it Lis. 

But I wouldn't be surprised to hear she pronounces her name with the long e and no ending vowel. 

Yup, that's the French way of pronouncing Lise.  I know a Lise who changed the spelling of her name to Lyse so people would pronounce it properly.  (Although I'd think someone would call her "Lice," lol)

8 hours ago, Exposed Collarbone said:

Maybe Katie and Anna Duggar could become best friends and then move in together. They can stay married to their spouses if needed, but they could be away from them. Both of them have plenty of practice watching children, so creating a co-mothering household wouldn't be the worst.

But who would go out and get a job that can feed the 12 kids they have together?

9 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Part of me wants to add bracketed [probably another in 2017 or early 2018] to all of them except Katie and Cleve, as well as a probable pregnancy for whenever John Morton and Mariah Campana get married.

I'm really surprised that Tayte and Martha haven't announced another pregnancy yet. I think there were rumors that she was expecting again, but did we ever see any proof? Darth could have another in the near future.

On 1/26/2017 at 0:23 AM, Mrs. Bean said:

Thanks, I always read it as Leesay, I'm foreign though ;)

You could be right too. English is weird.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived