IGNORED

Maxhell- Summer with the Maxwells Pt 3

samurai_sarah

Steve's "Daddy tapes" always sound to me like the tapes Warren Jeffs would make his cult members listen to constantly. 

Not that she missed out, but why didn't Steve have time to make a tape for Anna? What does he do all day that is so all consuming? The biggest mystery with these people for me is how they fill their days. So many fundies, especially the Maxwells, seem soooooooo very lazy. 

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steve's "Daddy tapes" always sound to me like the tapes Warren Jeffs would make his cult members listen to constantly. 

Not that she missed out, but why didn't Steve have time to make a tape for Anna? What does he do all day that is so all consuming? The biggest mystery with these people for me is how they fill their days. So many fundies, especially the Maxwells, seem soooooooo very lazy. 

When exactly did Steve quit working? Was it before or after Anna was born?

20 hours ago, lauraloralara said:

I completely agree. I don't remember who it was that didn't get the Daddy Tape (Anna?), but especially when you grow up in the cultish freakshow that is the Maxwell home, where your father controls everything and is the center of everything, it would be incredibly painful (IMO) not to get one of those stupid tapes, stupid though they may be. It might not scar you for life, but I think it would definitely have some kind of emotional consequence on you. ("You" in a general sense.)

It was Anna. I also noticed in the Maxwells' books, she is mentioned a lot less than the other children. But on the blog, Jesse is the one who most often seems to be overlooked.

Oh Poor Sarah, thank you for the laughs this morning. Blog post title, "Dad's 65th" -- 65th what, you might ask?---well, Mom gave him a Bible!  65th Bible since he's worn 64 previous copies to feathers? Hahahahaha.....

No, of course it's his 65th BIRTHDAY, silly MJB. But PS gave me the presents. Not just a Bible for a gift, but the fact that budding rebel Drew commanded "Sarah" -- NOT "Aunt" Sarah! -- to take his photo, and for this bit of sass was rewarded not only by Sarah's immediate compliance, but also a piece of cake with a candle to blow out!

Yes, it looks as tho Nate & Mel are raising their kids differently and the Stevus isn't doing a thing about it. 

However, further confirmation that PSarah's approaching "over it" status: she calls the birthday confection "a cream-cheese-cherry-something."  Cheesecake? Or is that a word her parents Sharpied out of the dictionary?  Because you know, cheesecake, Betty Grable in a one-piece swimsuit that covered her buttocks but revealed her ... limbs?

14 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

No, of course it's his 65th BIRTHDAY, silly MJB. But PS gave me the presents. Not just a Bible for a gift, but the fact that budding rebel Drew commanded "Sarah" -- NOT "Aunt" Sarah! -- to take his photo, and for this bit of sass was rewarded not only by Sarah's immediate compliance, but also a piece of cake with a candle to blow out!

Or, as the lone male sibling in that family, is Drew being rewarded for becoming a command man, taking dominion over the subservient females around him?

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

Or, as the lone male sibling in that family, is Drew being rewarded for becoming a command man, taking dominion over the subservient females around him?

I shudder at the thought, but it did occur. 

It is what they strive for. He is being prepared to  have the last word( or the only) and guard all those sisters. They must see him as the Authority figure as early possible. After all their  natural female weakness and wickedness  will go crazy with out a strong hand ;)

New post up. About OCC. I swear Maxhell posts belog in like 6 categories AT MOST: Steve worship, Teri self-flagellation re: depression, new baby (pregnancy announcement or baby pics), scheduling and housekeeping bullshit that we all learned when we were maybe 7 years old, evangelism bullshit, and... OCC.

There's a new blog post up about the first day of school. Well, the day before the first day of school, because obviously learning about how to get organised, distributing supplies, taking photographs etc is not real learning. The only real learning, in Maxhell, is that which comes from workbooks or copying out the Bible.

This is the umpteenth time they have talked about doing a pre-first day of school. Why do they have to bring it up again? 

Oh, that's right, they have nothing left to talk about. 

15 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

This is the umpteenth time they have talked about doing a pre-first day of school. Why do they have to bring it up again? 

Oh, that's right, they have nothing left to talk about. 

I thought last time they talked about it Pepsi said she had to have a pre - pre first day as the she could not cope due to taking photos?

19 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

I thought last time they talked about it Pepsi said she had to have a pre - pre first day as the she could not cope due to taking photos?

Yup. Because taking a snapshot of each kid and handing out notebooks and textbooks was just too unmanageable. 

On August 9, 2016 at 2:08 AM, johnhugh said:

With pages stuck together ;-)

You! To the prayer closet, now!

48 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:08 AM, johnhugh said:

With pages stuck together ;-)

You! To the prayer closet, now!

Yet another bible with stuck pages....

Last night My dad was talkimg about how he's going with the Maxwell Pushup Challenge and I managed to sneak in the sentence "The Maxwells aren't Degreed Exercise Physiologists". Teeheee :P

And my mum said something like "Steve's 65 now, I wonder whether he still does pushups."

21 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

Last night My dad was talkimg about how he's going with the Maxwell Pushup Challenge and I managed to sneak in the sentence "The Maxwells aren't Degreed Exercise Physiologists". Teeheee :P

And my mum said something like "Steve's 65 now, I wonder whether he still does pushups."

Why wouldn't he? 

I don't know much about the recipients of the OCC boxes and what they neeed, but they bought NOTEBOOKS and CUPS?! What a disappointing Christmas morning those poor kids are going to have!

WTF is it with these people and the OCC?!? How is the damn OCC not an idol in that household but enjoying a certain musical instrument is? 

They have really nothing to say anymore. After they sold Uriah it's been a steady downhill for them. No conferences or new places, just the endless stream of pictures of giggling nieces and nephews (and I most certainly have _nothing_ against those innocent little kids, it's just getting so old), stain removal tips, schedule praising, and the fucking OCC. Oh, and I almost forgot: isn't it about time for the annual what-some-might-call-a-vacation in Colorado? I can hardly wait for pictures of feeding the squirrels, waking up at night to conquer a 14er, condemning other hikers who wanted to sleep in on their holiday and just take a nice aimless stroll in the meadows instead of having a fixed schedule to follow no matter what, kayaking in the pond, and making a big pan of enchiladas with giggling nieces. 

I think I'm done with this shit.

...who am I kidding, the Maxwells were my gateway fundies and I always find myself coming back to their blog, and I always regret it and swear I 'm never coming back again.

12 hours ago, courtlylove said:

There's a new blog post up about the first day of school. Well, the day before the first day of school, because obviously learning about how to get organised, distributing supplies, taking photographs etc is not real learning. The only real learning, in Maxhell, is that which comes from workbooks or copying out the Bible.

This is classic Maxwell - they take themselves far too seriously and re-invent the wheel constantly.  Then they pat themselves on the back for having a brilliant idea.   A long, long, time ago I taught elementary school and the first week of school was pretty much getting organized and reviewing materials to see how much the kids had forgotten over the summer break.  That is a given and is reflected in your lesson plans.  if you start with expectations that are too high and swamp the children with new material then you are bound to be disappointed.  

Yes.  The Maxwell concept of learning is about 60 years out of date.  In their world learning should never be fun.  Your backside should be glued to a chair as you memorize dull facts or Bible quotes and spew them back.

47 minutes ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

I don't know much about the recipients of the OCC boxes and what they neeed, but they bought NOTEBOOKS and CUPS?! What a disappointing Christmas morning those poor kids are going to have!

The Maxwells are doing much better with the OCC boxes these days. Notebooks, pens, and pencils for school are highly valued in developing countries.  Cups can be useful and prized too.   Add a toy like a soccer ball with a pump, and a toothbrush, and most kids will be overjoyed.  

Did Steve delete the reference to buying expired candy for OCC at the Dollar Store when the Maxwells got called out a couple of years ago?  At least they link to OCC recommendations now and Mary got to see what other people put in boxes.  She had that wonderful trip away from home under Joseph's umbrella of protection to pack up boxes for OCC this year.

I am not keen at all on OCC, BTW.  It teaches privileged first world kids to be generous, granted, but they stuff the boxes with tracts too.  They use them to bribe families and children to their particular brand of Christianity.  I feel most sorry for the kids in some small town that don't get a box at all because they are not on some missionary's approved list.

I think it would be better to collect money to buy and send big boxes of supplies to local schools or hospitals instead, but I am strange like that.

45 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

WTF is it with these people and the OCC?!? How is the damn OCC not an idol in that household but enjoying a certain musical instrument is? 

They have really nothing to say anymore. After they sold Uriah it's been a steady downhill for them. No conferences or new places, just the endless stream of pictures of giggling nieces and nephews (and I most certainly have _nothing_ against those innocent little kids, it's just getting so old), stain removal tips, schedule praising, and the fucking OCC. Oh, and I almost forgot: isn't it about time for the annual what-some-might-call-a-vacation in Colorado? I can hardly wait for pictures of feeding the squirrels, waking up at night to conquer a 14er, condemning other hikers who wanted to sleep in on their holiday and just take a nice aimless stroll in the meadows instead of having a fixed schedule to follow no matter what, kayaking in the pond, and making a big pan of enchiladas with giggling nieces. 

I think I'm done with this shit.

...who am I kidding, the Maxwells were my gateway fundies and I always find myself coming back to their blog, and I always regret it and swear I 'm never coming back again.

There is definitely a shortage on material for them to post about.  I am also getting sick of reading about the OCC and all the damn photos that go along with it.  Like, oh, here is our car as we get ready to go to Walmart & shop for OCC stuff & here we are in walmart buying everything!! I don't get it.  If this is something that they are doing to help others then why do you need to post about it on your blog & take way too many photos? If you are helping out a charity or organization, that's great.  But why plaster it all over a blog? Oh, look at me joyfully serving!! I am such a holy person! Their hearts are definitely in the wrong place here.  This OCC crap is just to appear "holier than you"!

We do OCC through church (of course, we won't start preparing until like November) and the items they got are definitely "good" things to put in them. Sometimes I feel like my life is boring, but compared to the Maxwells, it's downright thrilling. I can't iimagine that a trip to Walmart would be a highlight worth blogging about. 

2 hours ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

The Maxwells believe in only giving practical gifts, not fun ones. I would imagine when Mary and Anna were younger, they got boring stuff like notebooks and cups for Christmas as well. 

My mom used to record the stories she was reading on cassette for my brother. I mean, she still read to him every night but once she was done, she'd put on his "mommy stories." i was too old for that when she started doing it so i didnt get any (i could read already and preferred to listen to music). Once, our babysitter watched us overnight and she would not let him listen to his stories (i hid my walkman from her so was spared) and he sobbed until my mom came home.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived