IGNORED

Maxhell- Summer with the Maxwells Pt 3

samurai_sarah

Sheesh.  I would love to see the Maxwell women do something they enjoy for a vacation, be it doing a quilt "shop hop," even something so mundane as taking a cooking or crafts class.  Steve couldn't find any fault there, right? (Sarcasm intent here, the man could find fault with Mother Teresa)

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Sheesh.  I would love to see the Maxwell women do something they enjoy for a vacation, be it doing a quilt "shop hop," even something so mundane as taking a cooking or crafts class.  Steve couldn't find any fault there, right? (Sarcasm intent here, the man could find fault with Mother Teresa)

She is a Catholic heathen ;)

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

She is a Catholic heathen ;)

I don't know I think that Steve would have found most of Mother Teresa's ministry to be virtuous and godly.   I think that he would be delighted as she was to witness and allow people to endure in pain and suffering because it brought them closer to God and it was the godly way. Steve missed marrying his true helpmate, the one Satan....err God intended for him. 

6 minutes ago, delilahdog11 said:

I don't know I think that Steve would have found most of Mother Teresa's ministry to be virtuous and godly.   I think that he would be delighted as she was to witness and allow people to endure in pain and suffering because it brought them closer to God and it was the godly way. Steve missed marrying his true helpmate, the one Satan....err God intended for him. 

I was being sarcastic because you know...Catholics are evil in their eyes and all :) 

It's a good thing that  one of Teri's favorite things is spending time with her family hiking because that's one of their regular activities. 

The replies to the comments are sweet though. I'll give her that. 

16 hours ago, Snarfblatt said:

It's a good thing that  one of Teri's favorite things is spending time with her family hiking because that's one of their regular activities. 

The replies to the comments are sweet though. I'll give her that. 

Oh yeah, the comments are nice. You can tell it's Teri writing them and not Steve. 

14 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh yeah, the comments are nice. You can tell it's Teri writing them and not Steve. 

Steve could have at least said "thank you for thinking of me or I appreciate it" instead of his "thank you." It just comes off wrong. 

Mary's birthday is Sunday.  I'll write Sarah's post for her.  She loves the Lord Jesus and is his girl.  Her favorite food is chocolate.  Always is willing to bless a a family member.  She plans to celebrate her birthday by hiking a 14er.  Happy Birthday Mary, we love you!

Beyond staying in her room, does Teri really have a choice about spending time with her family?

14 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Beyond staying in her room, does Teri really have a choice about spending time with her family?

Ya, probably not. Can you imagine if Teri had a few girlfriends to hang out with? Like a small group of SAHM types who went out once in a while to get pedicures together and have dinner, maybe even a *gasp* cocktail or go to some sinful worldly movie like the new Ghostbusters. I mean, she might prefer that over spending time with the same people day in, day out 24/7 365 a year. 

Has she been to that conference that she was gifted on Mother's day this year yet? I mean, I'd die of boredom at something like that but it would be chock full of other non-related women and Terri could chat, drink Pepsi, and do whatever the heck she wants for a whole day or two. 

It's people like the Maxwells that show me that even my somewhat boring friends are an amazing blessing. The fact that I can go to a movie or just hang out and have lunch with someone and not have my husband guilt me about it is the equivalent of flying to the moon to these people. 

28 minutes ago, MissManners said:

Ya, probably not. Can you imagine if Teri had a few girlfriends to hang out with? Like a small group of SAHM types who went out once in a while to get pedicures together and have dinner, maybe even a *gasp* cocktail or go to some sinful worldly movie like the new Ghostbusters. I mean, she might prefer that over spending time with the same people day in, day out 24/7 365 a year. 

Has she been to that conference that she was gifted on Mother's day this year yet? I mean, I'd die of boredom at something like that but it would be chock full of other non-related women and Terri could chat, drink Pepsi, and do whatever the heck she wants for a whole day or two. 

It's people like the Maxwells that show me that even my somewhat boring friends are an amazing blessing. The fact that I can go to a movie or just hang out and have lunch with someone and not have my husband guilt me about it is the equivalent of flying to the moon to these people. 

We probably won't hear about it same as where John went on his mystery trip and I think we are all still waiting on the pizza cutter lettuce trick...

57 minutes ago, MissManners said:

go to some sinful worldly movie like the new Ghostbusters. I mean, she might prefer that over spending time with the same people day in, day out 24/7 365 a year. 

I vote for "Bad Moms."  No, on second thought, poor Teri'd most likely die of apoplexy.   Or Steve thundering hell and damnation for hours and hours.

19 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Mary's birthday is Sunday.  I'll write Sarah's post for her.  She loves the Lord Jesus and is his girl.  Her favorite food is chocolate.  Always is willing to bless a a family member.  She plans to celebrate her birthday by hiking a 14er.  Happy Birthday Mary, we love you!

>>>>>>>>>>>>We will be celebrating Mary's birthday in September.

If I remember correctly the Maxwells find it very hard to do two things at once. If a birthday fell on a conference date, it was postponed. 

I always felt bad for the kids of Maxwell's if their birthday comes while they were doing conferences.  Like someone else said above they seem to ignore them. Unless its Steve's birthday then everything stops & they focus on him. 

New post up.  They are on the road.  Looks like John, Anna, Jesse, and Mary are playing Hot Potato.

I was hoping that Stud John could have used a mystery trip abroad or serviced his irrigation system in Calafornia as an excuse not to go. 

I wonder if John's connection with John-Marie might have given him some of his 'freedoms' and shown him there was life outside Maxhell.

Notted the multiple packs or Crisps/Chips so no two Pringles this time - Hi Stevie Luv

I bet John is breaking away. Ya, Sarah did go on a day trip to some small town for some sort of research for her new project (dear Lord I want to know what this project is and how immensely dull it will be) but to fly to CA all by one's self for an irrigation conference? I've been to these sorts of conference, there is a lot of booze and partying, this is many people's time to let go a bit and have fun without kids and at their employer's expense. Vendors will be having happy hours and I'm sure there will be tons of stuff just outside the conference center's doors that would be fascinating to a Maxwell. Plus, John might actually have money of his own to spend. I just hope when he breaks away that he's able to get Sarah and Mary and Anna free too. Who knows, maybe the whole clan will fall apart once one of them leaves and Teri can finally have that Pepsi she's definitely been craving. 

10 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

I think everyone will break away when Steve dies IMHO. 

I don't think that would happen. I think they would be to afraid of the outside Workd they wouldn't know what to do with themselves. 

what on earth do they even really need to prepare? Throw some frumpers and a pair of hiking boots into a tote bag, maybe some sunblock and a few protein bars? Are they still traveling on Uriah (or whatever they named it after it got mocked). I know they shiver at the thought of eating anything other than their own few recipes so maybe they made some burritos for the road or took them out of the deep freeze?

I can't think of how they couldn't be ready for this trip in about 2-3 hours max. They've taken just this one not a vacation every year for years. Surely, it couldn't be that complicated. No fancy going out clothes, no specialized equipment etc... It's not like they are going for that long either. How on earth do they extend every little chore into taking 10 times as long? I packed for a 2 week trip to Europe that included a wedding and bringing crafted stuff for the wedding (and supplies to finish the stuff) plus I have a physical therapy routine that requires equipment. Got packed in 2 hours and I packed for my husband as well in that time. Heck I even managed to organize my work stuff in that 2 hours b/c I had to work remotely in order to stay caught up at the office. 

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

I don't think that would happen. I think they would be to afraid of the outside Workd they wouldn't know what to do with themselves. 

I think in the beginning that would be the case especially for the girls, but I think John mainly would be okay. I'm not sure about the other guys. 

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

I think everyone will break away when Steve dies IMHO. 

I think everyone will fall apart when Steve dies.  John excepted.

7 hours ago, SPHASH said:

New post up.  They are on the road.  Looks like John, Anna, Jesse, and Mary are playing Hot Potato.

Is that a SPORT?????

7 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I agree. Indoctrination goes deep. I wasn't even raised fundie, but I was raised quite conservative Christian, and I still have a guilt complex for things that objectively aren't likely a big deal. Living with my fiancé, for example. I have these inner battles about whether or not I'm going straight to hell. I believe the Maxwell kidults are likely extremely terrified of sin and hell. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived