IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

2 hours ago, imokit said:

Anyone seen her latest instagram - reality is starting to kick in...

Still very glad to see that she can find humour in her naughty toddler as opposed to accuse him of sinning and evildom ala Voddie

Reveal hidden contents

I think it's funny and Erin seems to have a good sense of humour, which surprises me because she seemed so strict and boring when she was single. And I hope she's being honest and she's not punishing her 15 months old for being...a 15 months old. But I always wonder how can these women be surprised about the amount of work moms have. I mean, Jessa can't clean, Alyssa hasn't time for long hair, Erin can't control 2 babies... I understand them, but they come from big families, how didn't they know kids are a hard work? It proves that they have not seen a real mother at home, nor a real parenting. It's all fake. But they are too deep in the cult to realise their childhood was a disaster . 

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing about that picture that most surprises me is that Erin shops at Target. Would have thought they were part of the boycott. 

17 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

These idiots aren't doing a damn thing to prevent pregnancy, not even NFP. They were brainwashed to believe that BC of any kind is evil.

We actually have no way of knowing what they're doing or not doing as far as birth control. 

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

New picture:

image.png

Nice to see Puppy Paine is still in the picture - he's a cutie. Also, that Carson looks like a pro at walking around now - he also is a cutie.

Normal reminder: Despite having cute puppies and babies, they are still attractive people who make a living off ugly beliefs (in case the amount of cute causes temporary amnesia for anyone. :pb_lol:)

Carson is a literal week oldest than my youngest, and he can't walk yet. I'm impressed.

8 hours ago, imokit said:

Anyone seen her latest instagram - reality is starting to kick in...

Still very glad to see that she can find humour in her naughty toddler as opposed to accuse him of sinning and evildom ala Voddie

Reveal hidden contents

Probably the first day since Brooklyn has been born that Erin was by herself for a few hours with both her babies.  I don't know if Chad's sister is still in town but all the older Bateses girls were in FL, taking away all of Erin's helpers. 

eta: Never mind. Apparently, the girls had exactly two days of school (started last Thursday according to Crown's academic calendar), then took off to Florida for the weekend. I wish I could have taken impromptu vacations when I was in college. 

9 hours ago, marmalade said:

eta: Never mind. Apparently, the girls had exactly two days of school (started last Thursday according to Crown's academic calendar), then took off to Florida for the weekend. I wish I could have taken impromptu vacations when I was in college. 

You and me both!!  

How seriously can they be taking their classes if they can run off on vacations the second school starts? 

27 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

How seriously can they be taking their classes if they can run off on vacations the second school starts? 

You're always so hard with this people haha. They are not in vacation, just a weekend in the beach. Probably after just 2 days they still haven't too much to study. I mean, Crown is not Harvard. Anyway, I went to a real college and I did weekend getaways with friends during the course, it's not that shocking.

Really? Even people I know who went to fundie colleges had lots of homework first weekend of college. It is just so odd to me to start college and then immediately go on a weekend trip that takes 11ish hours one way. 

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Really? Even people I know who went to fundie colleges had lots of homework first weekend of college. It is just so odd to me to start college and then immediately go on a weekend trip that takes 11ish hours one way. 

Yeah, it shows me what a joke Crown College is, or else how much the Bateses aren't taking school seriously. I can't imagine going on a trip all weekend just as school started. I really can't imagine going on an entire weekend trip during a semester, to be honest. And I just went to a state school, not Ivy League. Maybe I have bad time management skills, or maybe things are easier with everything being online these days?

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Yeah, it shows me what a joke Crown College is, or else how much the Bateses aren't taking school seriously. I can't imagine going on a trip all weekend just as school started. I really can't imagine going on an entire weekend trip during a semester, to be honest. And I just went to a state school, not Ivy League. Maybe I have bad time management skills, or maybe things are easier with everything being online these days?

The only people I knew at uni who went away for an entire weekend during the semester were the American JSA/JYA students, but that was because they were here for the experience of living in another country and having the chance to travel all over Europe, and most of their home schools would just give them pass/fail credit for their courses here, so they didn't need to do well.

What I really don't understand about this weekend trip is it's RIGHT after school started. I mean, why didn't they make their trip a week or two earlier?

And many of us had JOBS during college and therefore couldn't take weekends off.

I went to a very demanding college and took weekend trips all the time, partied a lot, etc... It's not a big deal if you know how to handle it but they're going to Crown sooooo...

It is challenging though, most of my classmates went nuts with school while I was top of my class traveling and partying every weekend.

I went to an accredited, four year college, worked 20-30 hours weeks, maintained a 3.75-4.0 depending on the semester and I flew to Florida on average twice a month. Even went on to graduate and professional degrees. 

I'm no special snowflake, but that's hardly something to snark on, IMO. 

17 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I went to an accredited, four year college, worked 20-30 hours weeks, maintained a 3.75-4.0 depending on the semester and I flew to Florida on average twice a month. Even went on to graduate and professional degrees. 

I'm no special snowflake, but that's hardly something to snark on, IMO. 

Damn. Maybe I do have bad time management skills. I was wondering if the difference was having a job. I also worked about 25 hours a week (nanny before and after classes) and so weekends were really my only time to write papers and study (and sleep). How did you guys have time to buy groceries and do laundry and stuff?

I didn't work while studying, I just had summer  jobs, so I had plenty of time . It wasn't only me, some of my classmates also had weekend getaways, or big parties. Of course not every week, of course not at exams time, but most of us didn't live as monks. And it was an acredited, public law college. 

13 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Damn. Maybe I do have bad time management skills. I was wondering if the difference was having a job. I also worked about 25 hours a week (nanny before and after classes) and so weekends were really my only time to write papers and study (and sleep). How did you guys have time to buy groceries and do laundry and stuff?

My major had all of its core courses on a Tues-Thurs schedule, so I did everything in my power to choose electives and the rest of my graduation requirements that also were on a T/Th schedule with an occasional, once-weekly-4-hour at a time class, or an online class here and there. Those two days were often 16 hour days, but I did it. I worked at an ice cream store part time from high school through undergrad and was lucky that it stayed open year round, but was DEAD from September to April-ish, so I was able to accomplish A LOT of schoolwork and studying at work. I also always took a summer class or two, mostly to graduate on time because I transferred from a private to public college my first year, but it made things easier and allowed me to be more selective with my scheduling. 

*Full disclosure my long term boyfriend was there for grad school so I was staying for free in Florida and my campus was 2 miles from an airport with heavy spirit airlines traffic and I was a member of the $9 fare club. I wasn't a wealthy college kid with a trust fund, or anything. 

24 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Eh, I didn't have a job, and I never managed to have time for any proper weekend trips, so if your time management skills were bad mine must have been worse :D

I did visit Mr Alba often at the weekend (he lived around 1.5 hours away), but I was an English major so I just brought my reading with me for the weekend and worked things out well enough that I did actual essay writing during the week.

Honestly, it's not so much the fact the Bates women went on a weekend trip during term time that surprised me. It's the fact that it's RIGHT after term started. THAT sounds like bad time management to me :P

4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I didn't work while studying, I just had summer  jobs, so I had plenty of time . It wasn't only me, some of my classmates also had weekend getaways, or big parties. Of course not every week, of course not at exams time, but most of us didn't live as monks. And it was an acredited, public law college. 

But you were in Spain, yes?

Here in the United States many of us had to work  during school (including on weekends), since college in the US is so expensive. And then we have to pay off "student loans" for years afterwards. It is a very different situation in the US than in most of Europe--or Australia.

I would say that the 3 Bates daughters currently attending Crown are unusual because none of them, as far as we know,have held any sort of job outside of the home--not counting the TLC/UP Channel paychecks.

None of the Bates daughters work, and I highly doubt that Clown College is particularly academically rigorous, so I don't think they have much of a reason not to go on a weekend getaway. The timing does seem a little strange, seeing as how they could have gone away for longer if they'd taken the trip a week earlier, but maybe it was someone's birthday or whatever.

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

But you were in Spain, yes?

Here in the United States many of us had to work  during school (including on weekends), since college in the US is so expensive. And then we have to pay off "student loans" for years afterwards. It is a very different situation in the US than in most of Europe--or Australia.

I would say that the 3 Bates daughters currently attending Crown are unusual because none of them, as far as we know,have held any sort of job outside of the home--not counting the TLC/UP Channel paychecks.

Yes, when I studied 20 years ago University was very cheap in Spain. It's becoming more and more expensive, and it's very difficult to work while studying because nowadays there are few works and because university timetables are at the same time that most work timetables, so not easy (skipping classes is  a problem, most are mandatory). Also we have a huge problem with employment, very few jobs .

I think Bates are not paying at Crown. I don't see Gil paying for that many kids. 

I studied Medicine - as demanding a course as you can get.  I went away for weekends a lot (usually but not always to my parents, but still away).  I'd take books and study as needed in the evenings, but it was easily doable, especially at the beginning of term.  No revision, and assignments wouldn't be due soon and thus reading and work could be done in the week before/after.

I can't snark on this.  You have idea how much they're working in the week or if they brought their books with them to study in the evening/morning.  Nowadays you may not need more than a laptop & internet to study so its much easier than lugging a load of textbooks.

I can't really explain why, but somehow I find the (newborn) pictures of both Brooklyn and Kaci very.....strange. Kaci looks better in the more recent pics, where she is a bit older, but Brooklyn's pictures....she really does look like a doll, it almost seems as if she is not alive.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived