IGNORED

Brooklyn Elise Countdown Is Over - She's Here!

JMO

11 hours ago, twinmama said:

This is hysterical. I think mine was:

1) Get married

2) Get 1.5 million bobby pins out of my hair

3) Sleep for a year

4) Find a cure for hangovers

ARE YOU SECRETLY ME?

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nowhere on my list was social media (even if it would have existed back in the dinosaur age...)

1. Get married

2. Not fall asleep in salmon dish

3. Turn hotel room right side up again (groomsmen flipped everything not nailed down upside down – wall art, chairs, tv, etc… it      was surreal)

4. Consider tracking down groomsmen to turn them upside down. :FURIEUS:

4. SLEEP!

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Nowhere on my list was social media (even if it would have existed back in the dinosaur age...)

1. Get married

2. Not fall asleep in salmon dish

3. Turn hotel room right side up again (groomsmen flipped everything not nailed down upside down – wall art, chairs, tv, etc… it      was surreal)

4. Consider tracking down groomsmen to turn them upside down. :FURIEUS:

4. SLEEP!

My list -

1. Get married.

2. Party hardy.

3. Go home and have some sweet marital fellowship.

4. Remove makeup and Bobby pins. We may have actually showered too.

5. Pass the fuck out.

6. Wake up and go watch our football team kickass and take names (I may have won wife of the year for this one - what other wife "honeymoons" at a NFL game the day after her wedding?!)

:pb_lol:

15 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

My list -

1. Get married.

2. Party hardy.

4. Remove makeup and Bobby pins. We may have actually showered too.

5. Pass the fuck out.

6. Wake up and go watch our football team kickass and take names (I may have won wife of the year for this one - what other wife "honeymoons" at a NFL game the day after her wedding?!)

Now football would be fun! The weekend I got engaged we went down to DC to watch some sort of prelim for the golf US Open. It was like watching paint dry. And I literally watched paint dry. I spilled some of my bottled water on the bench next to me by accident and watched to see how long it took to dry in the heat. It was more entertaining than the golf, so I did it again on purpose. I hate golf. :pb_biggrin:

On 8/14/2016 at 6:01 AM, Fundie Bunny said:

Both Alyssa and John have private intagrams. John's was there first, and Alyssa's made hers later. Her first account was the public one hours after her wedding

She really is a superficial twit, isn't she? :laughing-jumpingpurple: It was like her marriage goals were to immediately put on pants and make an instagram account. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

She really is a superficial twit, isn't she? :laughing-jumpingpurple: It was like her marriage goals were to immediately put on pants and make an instagram account. 

Those might be my marriage goals if I had been a Bates girl, too. She was only 19 and well aware of what she was missing as far as worldly experiences go.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Can't really blame her for that. Having to wear skirts only when you just want some jeans must be suffocating.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

/snip

/snip

I admire you for being in the mood (read: awake long enough) after the wedding. We just. wanted. sleep. The morning after I get but all that talk about the wedding night I don't. I think it might be why the fundies keep their receptions so short as the wedding night is so important to them. Can't have a bride and groom too tired for sex.

6 minutes ago, prayawaythefundie said:

I admire you for being in the mood (read: awake long enough) after the wedding. We just. wanted. sleep. The morning after I get but all that talk about the wedding night I don't. I think it might be why the fundies keep their receptions so short as the wedding night is so important to them. Can't have a bride and groom too tired for sex.

Our ceremony was at 4:00 and the reception was over by 9:00 or 9:30. I have trouble staying awake much later than that and we wanted to enjoy the reception as much as possible. We live ten minutes from the venue, so it all worked out pretty well.

Just now, VelociRapture said:

Our ceremony was at 4:00 and the reception was over by 9:00 or 9:30. I have trouble staying awake much later than that and we wanted to enjoy the reception as much as possible. We live ten minutes from the venue, so it all worked out pretty well.

Planned with wisdom, I'd say. :pb_mrgreen:

On 8/11/2016 at 1:49 AM, sophie10130 said:

Oh shit. That makes me nervous. That she wasn't induced and everything went so smoothly. I hope they don't use it as a reason to keep trying for kids. I don't mean to say I wish she had an awful terrifying birth experience again, just that I hope she doesn't look back on it with rose colored glasses and think "Well, that wasn't so bad. How bout another round?"

She has an awful birth experience last time and it didn't stop her from having another child 15 months later. So I'm not sure the quality of the birth is going to have any effect on their decisions about future children. 

They did say, several times, that this second pregnancy was a surprise to both of them.  So it sounds like they were doing "something", however ineffective, to prevent it.

17 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

They did say, several times, that this second pregnancy was a surprise to both of them.  So it sounds like they were doing "something", however ineffective, to prevent it.

I have to take that with a grain of salt. For all we know they could've been really busy and only had sex once that month and they were surprised that's all it took. 

For all we know, they are incredibly uneducated/miseducated fundies who have no idea of human reproduction except you do the lego thing and then, if the Lord decides you should have a kid, you have a kid. I'd bet good money they were just relying on God to decide they shouldn't have a new baby so soon after Erin's hard pregnancy and birth experience, and that's the only reason they were surprised.

6 hours ago, JillyO said:

For all we know, they are incredibly uneducated/miseducated fundies who have no idea of human reproduction except you do the lego thing and then, if the Lord decides you should have a kid, you have a kid. I'd bet good money they were just relying on God to decide they shouldn't have a new baby so soon after Erin's hard pregnancy and birth experience, and that's the only reason they were surprised.

I think you're giving them too much credit. I don't believe for a moment they're soooo naif. Of course they know something about birth control, they are adults with Internet living in a first world country and they had a good medical birth  care. And yes, I absolutely believe they can find a reason to use BC. I'm not saying they are, I'm not in their bedroom, but they  saying Brooklyn was a surprise and saying she's the last, it's a gente way to say 'We are NOT quiverful" without using words that can offend both families.

And yes, radical religious people around the world ARE using birth control. There are lots of "godly" reasons or just hypocrisy. 

Erin and Chad specifically said that they didn't think they would get pregnant that soon. That implies they weren't trying to prevent a pregnancy.

23 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Erin and Chad specifically said that they didn't think they would get pregnant that soon. That implies they weren't trying to prevent a pregnancy.

That's what made me think NFP, ya know?

These idiots aren't doing a damn thing to prevent pregnancy, not even NFP. They were brainwashed to believe that BC of any kind is evil.

New picture:

image.png

Nice to see Puppy Paine is still in the picture - he's a cutie. Also, that Carson looks like a pro at walking around now - he also is a cutie.

Normal reminder: Despite having cute puppies and babies, they are still attractive people who make a living off ugly beliefs (in case the amount of cute causes temporary amnesia for anyone. :pb_lol:)

I see Chad younger sister Hannah took that pic (I think she's about 23).  Guess she's been shipped to Tennessee for sister-mom duty. I guess she's sleeping on the couch?  And how does she feel about Lawson?

On August 22, 2016 at 2:16 AM, RosyDaisy said:

I would be shocked if they knew how to prevent a pregnancy. I can see Erin brushing off a doctors suggestion or attempted discussion of birth control with a sticky sweet "no thank you, we are leaving it up to the lord". 

She probably thought nursing was more bullet proof than it actually is. I find it's a very common belief that nursing prevents pregnancy. 

Erin posted an Instagram pic about juggling 2 kids. I hope they limit it to two and other fundies realize parenting gets a bit harder with each baby.

Anyone seen her latest instagram - reality is starting to kick in...

Still very glad to see that she can find humour in her naughty toddler as opposed to accuse him of sinning and evildom ala Voddie

Spoiler

I'm sorry, but I still don't believe for one second that Brooklyn was truly a surprise. The Bates are smart. They have seen what happened to the Duggars and probably ponied up a good PR person to help the cash cow flow as long as possible. When one is not actively using contraceptives (I assume), then one can't truly be surprised a pregnany happened. I'm sure as soon as she got pregnant they knew the shit storm it would create given how soon after her high risk birth it happened. Thus suddenly we have a #wereSOOOsurprisedwerepregnant! I also believe that is why the are saying they are done. They don't want the media hype that she would actively endanger her health to keep popping out kids. I guarantee you baby#3 will also be labeled an oops. Time will tell if I'm wrong here.

Edited- Darn phone misspelling words.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived