IGNORED

Sierra Jo: Duggar Clone with Hand Dipped Strawberries

SpoonfulOSugar

Hm...I am thinking by end of August, possibly September an announcement. I just don't know how you can be a stay at home mom and have that many kids in that amount of time. You only have 2 hands. 

I stayed with my sister to visit her for a month and just being around my nephew non-stop that amount of time [He is 2] I went insane. I can't imagine kids at those different ages. 

You have crying, a diaper or 2 kids diapers to change, maybe someone is sick and throwing up at that time too, oh you're trying to cook dinner during all of that, then the phone rings or someone is at the door, etc. A breakdown is coming. But she will smile and think of god while going insane. 

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, dawbs said:

I totally want heelies.
I totally should not have them, and I have vetoed my kid having them.
But I still want some for when she's not around.

Heelies would be cool, yes, but a few years ago I saw a kid with light-up Stormtrooper sneakers. THOSE would be awesome to have. Sadly, though, since I'm neither a kid plus having the bonus feature of having boats for feet (size 10-11 US women's shoes/8-9 US men's shoes), such things aren't available for grown-ups.

Or at least not that I've seen, anyways. (But I've also been too slackerly to look, so maybe they are.)  ;)

45 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Heelies would be cool, yes, but a few years ago I saw a kid with light-up Stormtrooper sneakers. THOSE would be awesome to have. Sadly, though, since I'm neither a kid plus having the bonus feature of having boats for feet (size 10-11 US women's shoes/8-9 US men's shoes), such things aren't available for grown-ups.

Or at least not that I've seen, anyways. (But I've also been too slackerly to look, so maybe they are.)  ;)

I have boats for feet also. I'm a size 9 or 9.5. I'm only 5 4 so it's kind of weird. 

13 hours ago, habert said:

I know "crazy eyes" is a thing that gets talked about here with fundie women after so many kids and so many years of marriage, and honestly I think this pic is good proof because I didn't even recognize her at first. She's still "pre crazy eyes" here. 

I agree.  I kept wondering why she looked so different in this picture.  Lack of crazy eyes!

1 hour ago, hollywood said:

Hm...I am thinking by end of August, possibly September an announcement. I just don't know how you can be a stay at home mom and have that many kids in that amount of time. You only have 2 hands. 

I stayed with my sister to visit her for a month and just being around my nephew non-stop that amount of time [He is 2] I went insane. I can't imagine kids at those different ages. 

You have crying, a diaper or 2 kids diapers to change, maybe someone is sick and throwing up at that time too, oh you're trying to cook dinner during all of that, then the phone rings or someone is at the door, etc. A breakdown is coming. But she will smile and think of god while going insane. 

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if she is already pregnant.  She's had a few interesting Instagram posts like the TBT one and the "I want a marriage, so rich in love & grace, my children will never doubt who god is" post.  So I think a "blessing" will be along very soon.

On 7/29/2016 at 3:07 PM, bashfulpixie said:

Please tell me Sierra isn't letting her child skate through a store.  Please.  Even if you have to lie to me.  Because seriously? It's not a playground!!

Well, considering not only the skates, but the knee pads, wrist and elbow pads, apparently she is!  Not the best idea when you're shopping with 5 kids!  

"Clean-up on Aisle 5, clean-up on Aisle 5,  and Aisle 6, 7 . . ."

4 hours ago, Jessie E said:

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if she is already pregnant.  She's had a few interesting Instagram posts like the TBT one and the "I want a marriage, so rich in love & grace, my children will never doubt who god is" post.  So I think a "blessing" will be along very soon.

Gotta work on making that girl slave army. Those boys can't be expected to do all the housework, after all.

5 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

I caused a small mutiny at my daughter's soccer practice this spring because apparently my wonder-woman high-tops don't exist in kid sizes
http://www.journeys.com/product/407095
But they are awesome.
Now I need them in heelies.  with lights.

I need a reason to buy THESE though:
 http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ilnh/

I know "crazy eyes" is a thing that gets talked about here with fundie women after so many kids and so many years of marriage, and honestly I think this pic is good proof because I didn't even recognize her at first. She's still "pre crazy eyes" here. 

She had crazy eyes pre-marriage, this is just a bad picture. If you look at her wedding pictures on Facebook, she definitely looks the same.

She might have been too tired for the crazy eyes. She certainly looks exhausted-- or maybe it's just because she's posed next to her fresh faced husband. 

10 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Same foot size! I hate shopping for high heels or any dressy shoes because they never have them in my size.

When i was a kid, i desperately wanted light up shoes. My mom refused to buy them for me, so now i'm the mom and my kids have light up shoes because i want to live vicariously through my children apparently.

10 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I have boats for feet also. I'm a size 9 or 9.5. I'm only 5 4 so it's kind of weird. 

I bet you rarely fall down though.

14 hours ago, hollywood said:

Blanket trained babies and children who've been beaten into submission are different from regular kids. The two books I read, the ones the Duggars recommended on their website before they became more famous and scrubbed all references to those books from their website, explained that you're supposed to beat your kids for showing negative emotions. For instance, if they fall on the swingset and cry about it, you're supposed to count that as whining and beat them for it. They recommend beating babies if they crawl near stairs, reach for anything that's not a baby toy, or if they cry too much. And toddlers on up are not allowed to tattle, cry, whine or show any negative emotions of any kind. Children are easier to manage when they've been beaten into submission. 

On 06/08/2016 at 4:21 AM, RoseWilder said:

Blanket trained babies and children who've been beaten into submission are different from regular kids. The two books I read, the ones the Duggars recommended on their website before they became more famous and scrubbed all references to those books from their website, explained that you're supposed to beat your kids for showing negative emotions. For instance, if they fall on the swingset and cry about it, you're supposed to count that as whining and beat them for it. They recommend beating babies if they crawl near stairs, reach for anything that's not a baby toy, or if they cry too much. And toddlers on up are not allowed to tattle, cry, whine or show any negative emotions of any kind. Children are easier to manage when they've been beaten into submission. 

Oh, for FUCKS SAKE.

Really?!  Yo, Quiverfullers - you are all MONSTERS.  You make me sick.

/rant over

This is a 'preaching to the choir' rant. on the blanket training BS.
My parents are fundie-lite and sometimes used to be fundie-sort-of strict.

Last week, they were watching my kid (almost 6) and her cousin (9 months old), and they had that moment--you know that moment--the one where the adults in the house look away for 30 seconds and things *happen*.
They heard, from the basement stairs "that's 3....thats 4.   you can do it--that's 5!"
My daughter was teaching her cousin to climb the stairs.
And this was problematic because she's tiny and he's huge and she's not strong enough to keep him from toppling back down them.  ( And he'd never done stairs before--she's an excellent teacher apparently.)

And my parent's response was to figure out how to get the baby off the stairs without him toppling off backwards (because if he looked up to far, he would, because his head is like an orange on a toothpick and he is tippy)...and then the solution was to find a way to keep him off the stairs for the rest of his visit--not to smack him when he explored stairs--he's SUPPOSED to learn stairs.  (he's just not supposed to learn them from a 5 year old who can't keep him safe)
He'll be safer when he learns stairs--far safer than if he's smacked away from them.

But blanket training is, after the initial breaking of kids, easier.

Found this on Pinterest and it screamed Sierra to me lol! I think I will share it on her Instagram cause I am just that thoughtful of a person!

image.jpeg

Sierra posted a short video on her Instagram yesterday.  Her crazy eyes weren't really out for that one.  It had me wondering, has anyone here at FJ figured out the reason for 'crazy eyes' among the fundie women? Personally, I think it may be because they are trying so hard to look happy all the time.  

1 hour ago, Jessie E said:

Sierra posted a short video on her Instagram yesterday.  Her crazy eyes weren't really out for that one.  It had me wondering, has anyone here at FJ figured out the reason for 'crazy eyes' among the fundie women? Personally, I think it may be because they are trying so hard to look happy all the time.  

I guess it's like the saying 'the bigger the hair, the closer to God'.

With that said: the wider your eyes, the more fucking crazy you are.

Sierra's got big eyes - when she emotes, they bug. My lifelong best friend is Sierra's facial twin. Consequently, she also has huge eyes. I wish it wouldn't be weird to show you guys just how much they look alike, because it's a serious situation. Friend's dad used to call her "bug eyes" when she was a baby. Kinda funny considering she got them from him. 

Anyway, the whole thing about being fundie is being almost aggressively cheerful because that's giving a good/protecting your testimony. So when you're on, take a deep breath and put on your best countenance! People like Sierra and JillRod have a leg up in this business or look the most strange because they've got large eyes anyway. Kind of like Erika Shupe's crazy huge lock-jawed smile. They're exaggerating their already prominent features. 

At first I thought she had exophthalmos, but she doesn't. Her eyes are normal some of the time. So I think it's just one of those things people do to look....different (?) in photos. Like pursed lips, wide eyes, sleepy sexy eyes. Also can be a symptom related to thyroid issues.

ex·oph·thal·mos

[ˌeksäfˈTHalməs, ˌeksäpˈTHalməs]

NOUN

medicine

abnormal protrusion of the eyeball or eyeballs.

Actually, when Anna Duggar and her sister Priscilla start talking, their eyes bug out WAY bigger than Sierra's! It's creepy. I will try to find a picture later. 

4 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Sierra's got big eyes - when she emotes, they bug. My lifelong best friend is Sierra's facial twin. Consequently, she also has huge eyes. I wish it wouldn't be weird to show you guys just how much they look alike, because it's a serious situation. Friend's dad used to call her "bug eyes" when she was a baby. Kinda funny considering she got them from him. 

Anyway, the whole thing about being fundie is being almost aggressively cheerful because that's giving a good/protecting your testimony. So when you're on, take a deep breath and put on your best countenance! People like Sierra and JillRod have a leg up in this business or look the most strange because they've got large eyes anyway. Kind of like Erika Shupe's crazy huge lock-jawed smile. They're exaggerating their already prominent features. 

Yup. I have very large eyes and I can look pretty crazy-eyed when I get them wide enough. And my mouth is pretty big (with proportionally big teeth) as well, so I can definitely do the slightly deranged cheerful countenance if I put in the effort.

I also think it might have something to do with "wide-eyed innocence". Trying to show just how pure and godly they are with their innocent doe eyes.

14 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Actually, when Anna Duggar and her sister Priscilla start talking, their eyes bug out WAY bigger than Sierra's! It's creepy. I will try to find a picture later. 

Watching Anna & Priscilla's eyes when they talk is highly entertaining & very creepy at the same time lol! Priscilla always has dramatic facial expressions as well.  That's another thing that I don't really understand but find amusing.

In the pic of Israel with both his grandmas it appears that Cathy has also developed bug eyes. So I guess it's something you do on purpose

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived