IGNORED

Nathan 3: "She loves me, she loves me not, she loves . . . "

SpoonfulOSugar

On 11/11/2017 at 10:09 AM, singsingsing said:

OMG Yes! I'm so interested in what's going to happen with that guy. I've always thought he should court one of the Rodrigues daughters. I want to see Jill Rodrigues and Marci Dauer plan a wedding together. I don't know why, I just feel like hilarity would ensue.

Although that would be hilarious, that would never happen. From what I've seen on Marci's fb, she thinks very highly of herself, her husband, and Cooper. She won't let him marry anyone that isn't rich and/or famous. Mark my words. 

Bringing this over from the Maxwell thread - it's been noted that Nathan was seated - alone!- in the reserved section at one of the bontrager weddings, recently featured on the duggar family fan blog. http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/12/3-weddings-in-1-weekend.html.  It's fed some (probably totally baseless) speculation that perhaps nathan is getting to know allison bontrager. or maybe even dating(!). yay gossip! keep your eyes peeled for any bontrager sightings in the wedding photos!

• Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Was Ashley at the wedding? Does anyone know? 

yup, she posted on her instagram story. She even has a video of Jackson Duggar singing and at one moment she pans over at Nathan. I don't think that means they're together but it's nice to see that they appear to be friends

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

Bringing this over from the Maxwell thread - it's been noted that Nathan was seated - alone!- in the reserved section at one of the bontrager weddings, recently featured on the duggar family fan blog. http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/12/3-weddings-in-1-weekend.html.  It's fed some (probably totally baseless) speculation that perhaps nathan is getting to know allison bontrager. or maybe even dating(!). yay gossip! keep your eyes peeled for any bontrager sightings in the wedding photos!

I know it's just gossip, but it's possible that either Nathan or JD Duggar are "getting to know" her... They're both next to her in the the pic viewing into the hallway... I'm thinking Nathan though...

• Upvote 3

I believe Allison is Nate's type and I can see him wanting to date her. However there is one rather big difference in how they go about dating. The Bontragers do not mention a single word on their blog or Instagram about any romantic relationships until an engagement happens. They kept to this rule 4 times this year. The problem? The Bateses are very public (their popular TV show and social media accounts) about romantic relationships pretty early on in the relationship. So what Would Allison and Nate do if they were dating? Would Allison break the family rule so she can be on TV? Or would Nate be happy to keep it quiet since the whole ashley relationship was so painful and public? I don't think Allison would agree to going public until they were officially in a committed relationship. The Bons don't keep the love interest completely off the blog though. They are still in group shots here and there. It will be telling if we spot Allison to Tori's wedding so close before her sister's wedding.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

I could kind of see Lawson liking Allison. But Allison is drop dead gorgeous and can probably afford to be picky. I think it would be kind of hilarious if she rejected Lawson and went for Nathan instead. Obviously I don't know these people, but Nathan seems significantly less obnoxious than Lawson.

I can't really see a Bontrager with JD Duggar. He's so quiet and low key, and they seem so outgoing.

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I could kind of see Lawson liking Allison. But Allison is drop dead gorgeous and can probably afford to be picky. I think it would be kind of hilarious if she rejected Lawson and went for Nathan instead. Obviously I don't know these people, but Nathan seems significantly less obnoxious than Lawson.

I can't really see a Bontrager with JD Duggar. He's so quiet and low key, and they seem so outgoing.

Interesting. The only Bontrager close to JD in age is Allison anyway. The other two girls are still really young and Chelsy is already engaged. Maybe Allison and Josiah, but I don't see that happening. For a Bates/Bontrager relationship, there's more possibilities. I'm interested to see who all the Duggar and Bates kids end up with and at what age they get married and become parents. There's a lot of stuff to snark on we didn't even think about. Exhibit A: Evan and Carlin's relationship.

I don't know many fundie families. Can you name some of them for me to look up? And are the Duggars and Bates the largest fundie families there are? What are some of the largest families?

• Upvote 2

On 12/22/2017 at 7:00 PM, anaandrade said:

I don't know many fundie families. Can you name some of them for me to look up? And are the Duggars and Bates the largest fundie families there are? What are some of the largest families?

There are so many with single children 18+. Go look at the unmarried fundies thread on Quiver Full of Snark. It lists most of them. The Arndt have the most by far. I think they currently have 12 adult children who are single. All but one are male.

On 12/24/2017 at 9:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Arndt have the most by far. I think they currently have 12 adult children who are single. All but one are male.

You didn't mention that, in addition to the 12 kidults, some of whom are in their mid-30s, they have penguins...oh, so many penguins!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

The Arndts creep me out more than any other fundies. If there were like 2-3 of them in their late 20s/30s and still single and living at home I wouldn't really think much of it. It happens. But 12 adults? Not one of them has wanted to move out, get into a relationship, get married, have kids, go away to school, take a job in a different city, travel, spread their wings and fly, move around the corner and take a couple penguins with them? Not a single one? Something ain't right there.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

I'm also very curious who the Bates and Duggar children will end up with. I'm especially interested at what point it will overlap or some of the siblings will marry other siblings, it has not happened so far. Their pool of alikes cannot be endless and at some point there has to be an overlap. It is also very interesting because they have so many children that you can do statistics on them.

• Upvote 3

Well, if you look at the Duggars, Derrick and Ben and Jeremy are not from known fundie families. Nor is Bobby, I don't think.  Or Whitney. So I think they could keep not getting together if they keep pulling from pseudo fundies and dragging them to the dark side...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 19.12.2017 at 8:19 PM, picklepizzas said:

I love me some gossip and I can imagine that Nathan has an interest in Allison (like mentioned before she is beautiful, although her beliefs are ugly AF). But couldn't it also be that Nathan and Mitchell are close? Both seem to enjoy country and farm life and maybe that is the reason Nathan was there.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

I love me some gossip and I can imagine that Nathan has an interest in Allison (like mentioned before she is beautiful, although her beliefs are ugly AF). But couldn't it also be that Nathan and Mitchell are close? Both seem to enjoy country and farm life and maybe that is the reason Nathan was there.

oh, definitely. it's probably the more likely, if less exciting, option!

• Upvote 3

The Bontragers live less than 2 hours from me in Iowa, so I fell down the rabbit hole and started reading Allison's blog last night. It was disgustingly addicting, and yes, she's absolutely gorgeous.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

The Bontragers live less than 2 hours from me in Iowa, so I fell down the rabbit hole and started reading Allison's blog last night. It was disgustingly addicting, and yes, she's absolutely gorgeous.

And now I've read her too. She is gorgeous and I wish she could go to college and do something other than be another wife to a Fundie man who will give up everything he studies to go be another preacher.  Look at how beautifully she writes!

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

And now I've read her too. She is gorgeous and I wish she could go to college and do something other than be another wife to a Fundie man who will give up everything he studies to go be another preacher.  Look at how beautifully she writes!

And she really seems like she's got a great work ethic, with working multiple jobs in the family business and her devotion to daily exercise. She's got talent.

I just want to note that the Bontragers and Bates families have quite an established relationship - the Bates have attended at least a few of the Bontragers “Turning Hearts” conferences and were the guest speakers at one (last year or the year before, I think). They also have many mutual acquaintances. So while a courtship is certainly possible, friendships between the kids are also very possible.

• Upvote 8

Does anyone else think it's weird that Nathan is barely ever in any pictures with his siblings on Instagram? I hardly ever see him in pictures on Lawson, Trace, or Carlin's account. Could it be that he's always with a girl he's getting to know? If he starts to get to know a new girl, I think he will keep it quiet until it's more serious. So it makes me wonder about his absence.

I think based on what I've picked up on the show that Nathan is just busy.  He is/was spending a lot of time in Mississippi working on pilot training (and I believe there was something about him being some sort of instructor).  So perhaps he has a (gasp) job.  I do have him pegged for the Bates most likely to be getting to know someone on the sly since he's not all over social media with the rest of them.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Does anyone else think it's weird that Nathan is barely ever in any pictures with his siblings on Instagram? I hardly ever see him in pictures on Lawson, Trace, or Carlin's account. Could it be that he's always with a girl he's getting to know? If he starts to get to know a new girl, I think he will keep it quiet until it's more serious. So it makes me wonder about his absence.

Kelly said a livestream a couple months ago that he was teaching (flight stuff, ig) in Texas. idk how long term that was going to be, but that may be why we don't see him much.

• Upvote 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic