IGNORED

Jinger & the MetrosexualSoccerPlayerPastor (Courting 3)

SpoonfulOSugar

12 minutes ago, anotherone said:

I've concluded they just like anything with the word "glory" in it.

Glory holes?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their ploy worked. Another season, and probably a honeymoon paid for by TLC. We should start guessing where hey will go. I have no guesses. Wait.......on a missions trip???

24 minutes ago, nst said:

I am not deciding on  Jeremy until I hear and see him on the bloody show and see if he can top Ben's crosses and coffins and Derek's nonsense 

I still think he is using Jinger  - but the person who said that Jeremy will invite Ben to Texas and jessa and Ben will be invited as an associate pastor - I am calling that - Jinger couldn't be alone ""BEST Friends WILL BE TOGETHER AGAIN" 

all ben Posted before he got engaged and just was "dating/stalking" jessa BEFORE we knew HE WAS ACTUALLY in the compound was pictures of the two of them - things changed fast 

I have been thinking about this the entire last four days asleep with the flu 

all of Jinger etc all -were basically a joke -they played us big time -and they are again the biggest liars - Tire Jessa 

her endless crying - how the hell could have that been a turn on for him - she was certainly not acting like a woman courting - she was either acting and jinger can't act or was told to not be happy 

either way insane 

I can't make heads or tails of this post. Are you saying Jinger is lying about being upset over Josh because she was actually happy over her "getting to know you" period with Jeremy? Are you saying she must not be happy about Jeremy if she was crying about Josh? And am I imagining it in my tired state, or did you say Jeremy shouldn't/wouldn't have been attracted to Jinger because crying over family drama/trauma is a turn off?

disclaimer: I haven't seen one second of Counting On, but I read some recaps of the early episodes here on fj. 

I think anyone marrying into the family has to at the very least not mind being in the public eye.  I think it's likely he does like the idea of being on camera. 

Time will tell what kind of guy he is.

15 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Their ploy worked. Another season, and probably a honeymoon paid for by TLC. We should start guessing where hey will go. I have no guesses. Wait.......on a missions trip???

Ploy or not, I think the original plan had been to announce the courtship on the last show of last season and something went wrong.

Maybe Jeremy didn't want to "commit" so soon, maybe Jinger wanted her hair to grow a little longer, maybe someone connected to Grace Church needed to sign off on a release, maybe Jeremy wanted a better contract or a dowry or wouldn't promise to move near the TTC... Who knows?

But as we have discussed, the whole thrust of season one was to dangle the possibility of a courtship and also that the final episode would bring a surprise announcement.   It makes no sense that there was no announcement until now --unless the negotiations were still under way until recently. (Who knows what JB, TLC and Jeremy needed to negotiate.)

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

First bolded: So you are basing your opinions on who might be abusers on actors acting what you think are abusive facial expressions?  There is something very wrong with this picture.

Second bolded:  Indeed it could mean nothing at all.

Everyone's an "expert" these days.  And Legal Professionals TM.

Truth is - by the time most abuse cases get to the lawyers they have probably already been through law enforcement and/or Protective Services, Victim advocates,  and DV experts - all of whom have collected information and prepared the victim to confront the issue.  They have all tried to provide the lawyer with testimony and concrete evidence as well as "this guy gives me a creepy feeling" vibes.

Facial expressions are not "concrete reasons."  Are you kidding me?  

Actions and behaviors are concrete reasons.  And evidence - which is sometimes very hard to come by.

Chill.  Yes I said an actor can successfully act as a bad guy because of the expressions he makes.  I never said "abusive facial expressions."   Good actors are good because they can fake these expressions, which trigger a reaction or fear in other people.  I never said a thing about anyone being an abuser. I said people feel that someone is "off" because of these expressions.  I   Please read my post correctly before you have a fit over it. 

There is a field of study called Facial Action Coding System which defines facial expressions by which muscles move and common combinations.  Many of these facial expressions can be associated with emotions.  One motivation of the original researchers was to identify why there were some cops that could pretty accurately figure out very quickly who was lying and who was wasn't.  Why some right away knew, for example, in a standoff if the other guy is likely to pull a gun or if they seemed harmless.  They found that these good "readers of people" were actually responding to very tiny facial movements - their "gut feel" was really based on concrete reason. Yes, concrete reasons, which were certain changes in facial expressions.   

Feel free to read about it yourself to understand what I was saying.  My point was to get people to try to identify what exactly made them feel the guy was "off" before they themselves jumped to conclusions such as abuser. 

11 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

I'm sorry I can't believe someone would fuck Ted Cruz. His face looks unproportional.

LOL! They do it in the dark. He is a sleazy arrogant egotistical entitled little twerp. There is a very small group of people who he would appeal to. 

2 hours ago, nst said:

her endless crying - how the hell could have that been a turn on for him - she was certainly not acting like a woman courting - she was either acting and jinger can't act or was told to not be happy 

either way insane 

Please tell me you are not insinuating that:

A) A woman who suffered the trauma of being molested as a child is incapable of experiencing genuine happiness as an adult while still having lingering trauma of her molestation. 

You do know that humans are much more complex than that right? People's feelings are not THAT black and white. 

My mother was the victim of violent crimes in Colombia before her family fled to Australia in the 1970s. My mother still suffers some PSTD from this.....but she has also been happily married for 33 years, been happy when her children were born, been happy about various things. She was happy this morning when Colombia won the 3rd placed playoff in Copa America. 

It is HIGHLY INSULTING to suggest that someone who has been a victim of a horrible crime is 'acting' one way or the other when they are both happy about good events in their life and still affected by the crimes they were victims of in the past. Human emotions are complex. You can be affected by something crap that happened to you and be happy about the good things that happen to you. Life isn't black and white like that. 

My mother is not 'acting' when she is still affected by these events and cries on what would have been her friend's birthday or when she has a bad dream. My mother is also not 'acting' when she is genuinely happy when Colombia wins a football match AND cry with happiness the first time my niece/her granddaughter said 'te amo abuela' to her. She can experience BOTH sadness/PTSD and happiness COMPLETELY VALIDLY.  

B ) That a man can't possibly be 'turned on' or capable of loving a woman who has been the victim of a traumatic crime and sometimes shows signs they are still affected by it. 

My mother was kidnapped and raped and then dumped back on to the streets of Medellín when she was 14. She also witnessed her best friend be shot to death in front of her when she was 15 as 'revenge' for something her older brother did to piss off someone involved in the drug world. My mother still feels the effects of these events. She still gets scared by loud 'bangs' that sound like gunshots, she still cries sometimes when she thinks of her friend, she can't watch any rape scenes on TV shows or movies without being very triggered. Sometimes she wakes up crying from bad dreams when her brain replays these events for her while she sleeps. 

But my father still fell in love with her and gladly married her and they've been married for 33 years now. 

My mother, like anyone else, has good days and bad days.

Sometimes she is happy, sometimes she is sad. That is NORMAL for human beings. 

My father still looks at her like she hung the moon. 

I REALLY don't like what your post is suggesting. 

I've carefully read every post in these three threads.

Jinger ain't being freed, is she?

:cry:

I will be very honest right now:

I kind of envy Jinger a little bit, not because of what Jeremy is like as a person but just because he is very tall.

I am very short (5'2'') and I love love love tall guys but I never was able to attract a tall man. They always seem to want a tall woman, too. I have never met a tall man in real life who had a short girlfriend or wife which has caused a real inferiority complex in me over the years.

So Jinger can be very happy to have found a guy who is interested in her and 1.5 heads taller than her, good for her!

Jinger herself is not short eighter, like 5'7'' or something? Wow, how tall is Jeremy, then?

But still: I don't see the situation ending well for Jinger. I hope she will never be unhappy in her life from now on, but I fear this won't be the case :-/

7 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I am happy for your mother 

my post wasn't suggesting what you think I was suggesting because your post made more sense than mine did and what I was trying to articulate 

Anyway, I wonder how a guy who has been a pro athlete, travelled, been to college, probably lived in decent houses, presumably at minimum kissed a girl before is going to feel about the Duggar paper plate decor for special occasions. 

I now wonder if this is all part of a master plan hatched by Blessa and Jinger to go live in an 11 hour drive away in Laredo. Jinger marries the not-totally-unattactive soccer player pastor, Pastor gets Bin a preaching job, Blessa packs up and they all go and live in Texas far away from the paper plates. 

On 6/22/2016 at 10:08 PM, Evilbad said:

It's pretty funny how it's been decided that he's controlling, abusive, and just a horrible person and Poor Jinger. And then when she starts posting, she'll turn into BEC right quick.

OMG. Look at your downvotes. WTF is there downvotable about this post?

If this was a Bates girl, people would be rhapsodizing. It is funny how the Duggar kids are gradually leaving IBLP and getting no credit.

On 6/23/2016 at 0:43 AM, theinvisiblegirl said:

Getting the vaccine was pushed pretty hard on me by my pediatrician, but my mother thought it was silly to vaccinate for it so we opted not to. She said since nothing could 100% prevent cancer and because it was so new that no one knew about long term effects, it wouldn't be worth it. Now that there are actual studies about the long term coming out, I'm grateful for the decision she made.

Your non-doctor/scientist mom is totally the person to go to for medical advice. Cause yeah, I am sure she is keeping up with research and science journals and not just reading crap on the internet.

On 6/23/2016 at 11:10 AM, samurai_sarah said:

You want a football rivalry? We can totally start one here: Go WALES! :)

I personally want Wales to win the European Championship. Or Iceland.

Even though New Zealand is so much better??

3 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I kind of envy Jinger a little bit, not because of what Jeremy is like as a person but just because he is very tall.

I am very short (5'2'') and I love love love tall guys but I never was able to attract a tall man. They always seem to want a tall woman, too. I have never met a tall man in real life who had a short girlfriend or wife which has caused a real inferiority complex in me over the years.

So Jinger can be very happy to have found a guy who is interested in her and 1.5 heads taller than her, good for her!

Jinger herself is not short eighter, like 5'7'' or something? Wow, how tall is Jeremy, then?

But still: I don't see the situation ending well for Jinger. I hope she will never be unhappy in her life from now on, but I fear this won't be the case :-/

Re tall guys: I'm practically a hobbit (4'10'') and I almost exclusively date tall guys. It's to the point where when I went out with a guy who was around 5'6'', my friends called him Combo Breaker (first guy under 6 feet I ever hooked up with/dated) and started rhapsodizing on how I was going to create a master race of hobbits/repopulate Munchkinland if I had babies with him.

On 6/23/2016 at 1:38 PM, MatthewDuggar said:

He has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration and started to work on a Masters in Finance.  I guess he doesn't want to work in the corporate world.

How does one pronounce Vuolo? (I have not listened to any videos)

I say it as VOO LOW in my mind, but I guess there are many other options....

It looks like a Samoan name - my nephew is half Samoan.  I think, based on my tiny experience with Pacific Islanders, your pronunciation is close. He looks Samoan-ish.

I watched the videos and I'm not seeing the evil, dangerous, probably gay vibe everyone is seeing.:confusion-scratchheadyellow: It looks like he is the type of guy Jinger wanted. :confusion-shrug:

Anyone who marries into the Bates and Duggar families are doing so knowing they will get to be on television. I'm sure for both families being willing to be on tv is a top priority. A proper fundie who is all "Nope, not being on television." is not going to make the cut.  You have to be on the side of loving fame to marry into either family. 

8 hours ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

Please tell me you are not insinuating that:

A) A woman who suffered the trauma of being molested as a child is incapable of experiencing genuine happiness as an adult while still having lingering trauma of her molestation. 

You do know that humans are much more complex than that right? People's feelings are not THAT black and white. 

My mother was the victim of violent crimes in Colombia before her family fled to Australia in the 1970s. My mother still suffers some PSTD from this.....but she has also been happily married for 33 years, been happy when her children were born, been happy about various things. She was happy this morning when Colombia won the 3rd placed playoff in Copa America. 

It is HIGHLY INSULTING to suggest that someone who has been a victim of a horrible crime is 'acting' one way or the other when they are both happy about good events in their life and still affected by the crimes they were victims of in the past. Human emotions are complex. You can be affected by something crap that happened to you and be happy about the good things that happen to you. Life isn't black and white like that. 

My mother is not 'acting' when she is still affected by these events and cries on what would have been her friend's birthday or when she has a bad dream. My mother is also not 'acting' when she is genuinely happy when Colombia wins a football match AND cry with happiness the first time my niece/her granddaughter said 'te amo abuela' to her. She can experience BOTH sadness/PTSD and happiness COMPLETELY VALIDLY.  

B ) That a man can't possibly be 'turned on' or capable of loving a woman who has been the victim of a traumatic crime and sometimes shows signs they are still affected by it. 

My mother was kidnapped and raped and then dumped back on to the streets of Medellín when she was 14. She also witnessed her best friend be shot to death in front of her when she was 15 as 'revenge' for something her older brother did to piss off someone involved in the drug world. My mother still feels the effects of these events. She still gets scared by loud 'bangs' that sound like gunshots, she still cries sometimes when she thinks of her friend, she can't watch any rape scenes on TV shows or movies without being very triggered. Sometimes she wakes up crying from bad dreams when her brain replays these events for her while she sleeps. 

But my father still fell in love with her and gladly married her and they've been married for 33 years now. 

My mother, like anyone else, has good days and bad days.

Sometimes she is happy, sometimes she is sad. That is NORMAL for human beings. 

My father still looks at her like she hung the moon. 

I REALLY don't like what your post is suggesting. 

Thank you. These are EXACTLY the kind of things during the Joshgate mess and no one could see reason. The fact is that not all abuse is the equal and not all trauma affects all people the same way.

On 6/24/2016 at 6:48 PM, Marissap said:

You are correct. In German, the ie combination takes on the "ee" sounds. The ei combo sounds like "eye". My last name was mispronounced until I changed it at marriage and now my married name is butchered even more!

I've had the same problem all my life with the last name and I really can't change mine as I'm a guy...well I suppose I could get married and take my wife's last name...:) but after so many years I just answer to any way it gets pronounced and move on, though it is amazing how many different pronunciations people can come up with.

10 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

My honeymoon guess: they'll go to Italy and tie in the TLC show "who do you think you are?" by searching for Jer's long lost family. They will both look uncultured as is the duggar way and I expect foot-in-mouth moments for our viewing pleasure.

Oh my God. Please do not let it happen. It's bad enough this show is going on, they cannot have a crossover.

They will have to go somewhere for the special honeymoon episode. Did Jill have a honeymoon episode? I know Jessa and Ben did.

5 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I think she is pretty petite. In general, GKs are pretty tall!

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Re tall guys: I'm practically a hobbit (4'10'') and I almost exclusively date tall guys. It's to the point where when I went out with a guy who was around 5'6'', my friends called him Combo Breaker (first guy under 6 feet I ever hooked up with/dated) and started rhapsodizing on how I was going to create a master race of hobbits/repopulate Munchkinland if I had babies with him.

I'm with you. I'm a smidge over five feet, although I claim 5'2". The only time I dated someone under six feet (a dear, dear friend who's about 5'7"), I was told what a cute couple we made--"So cute we could stand on our own wedding cake!" That killed short guys for me. :dislike:

1 hour ago, season of life said:

Oh my God. Please do not let it happen. It's bad enough this show is going on, they cannot have a crossover.

They will have to go somewhere for the special honeymoon episode. Did Jill have a honeymoon episode? I know Jessa and Ben did.

Jill and Derick opted out of a Honeymoon episode. I'm guessing they decided privacy was more important to them as they began their married life than a giant TLC paid trip. They honeymooned on the outer banks of North Carolina.

And if I remember correctly, Benessa actually had a post-wedding trip somewhere local before their filmed Honeymoon in Europe - which I think happened two or three weeks after the wedding. That suggests that they also wanted a bit of privacy as they adjusted to married life, while also jumped at the chance for a paid trip to Europe (no judgement here; I'd LOVE a paid in full Europe trip.)

RE: height, I am 5'6" and stopped growing young.  In high school it seemed like the few guys taller than me all wanted to date girls under 5'3".  Drove me batty for a while, but I eventually developed a taste for shorter men and never looked back. My husband is 5'5" and we don't tend to get comments.

Re: JinJer, I wish them the best, but I do worry about a power imbalance.  I see the potential for much more of one than with Benessa or DerJill.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived