IGNORED

Jinger & the MetrosexualSoccerPlayerPastor (Courting 3)

SpoonfulOSugar

2 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

I just threw up. I still can't imagine fucking him. His face is burned in my mind. Even kissing him. Gosh. His face is just.. blah. Unless I drink something hard and I'm  desperate. Maybe I can replace his face with someone else. His face just looks weird. It's still gross. 

No pot's so crooked but there's a lid to fit it!

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I will be very honest right now:

I kind of envy Jinger a little bit, not because of what Jeremy is like as a person but just because he is very tall.

I am very short (5'2'') and I love love love tall guys but I never was able to attract a tall man. They always seem to want a tall woman, too. I have never met a tall man in real life who had a short girlfriend or wife which has caused a real inferiority complex in me over the years.

I'm 5'2" and my partner is 6'2". All  the men I dated before him, except 1,  were in the 5'6 to 5'8" range. The outlier was about 5'10" and I thought he was so tall. Lol. To be honest, the shorter guys were more comfy for snuggling. But I'm not going to dump my guy because he's too tall.

I am 5'3", hubby is 6'2" and we make everything "fit" just right. (I will leave that to your imagination....lol)

I'm not sure why people think Jeremy is wealthy because he played pro soccer for a season or two, followed by some semi-pro soccer. His 2012 and 2013 salary for the NY Red Bulls was $44,000 (but I think he was cut before the 2013 season). Not a lot of money, especially in New York. I don't know his salary when he played for AC Oulu, but I suspect it wasn't any more than his Red Bulls salary.

25 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

I am 5'3", hubby is 6'2" and we make everything "fit" just right. (I will leave that to your imagination....lol)

The current guy I'm dating, who is 6'0, had never dated a woman below 5'8. He was concerned, shall we say, that it wouldn't work. I told him my ex was 6'7 and he stopped mentioning it. :my_biggrin:

I'm 5'10" and my husband is a smidge shorter than me (like half an inch). I always said I would never marry someone shorter than me. I'm really glad I didn't stick to that stupid idea. 

1 hour ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I'm totally on board with Bin wanting to become a preacher at Jer's church.  But really, I highly doubt such a small plant church needs or can afford another preacher.  I wonder how long Jer's committed to staying there in Laredo?  Maybe he has his sights on moving to AR?

Reading this made me think they should do a celebrity wife swap episode.

1 hour ago, MatthewDuggar said:

I'm totally on board with Bin wanting to become a preacher at Jer's church.  But really, I highly doubt such a small plant church needs or can afford another preacher.  I wonder how long Jer's committed to staying there in Laredo?  Maybe he has his sights on moving to AR?

I suspect that whatever the plans are, they'll have Jessa and Jinger nearby to each other and (eventually) a good distance from the TTH.

4 hours ago, lascuba said:

I deeply resent all you short people who date guys 6'+ when I can barely find guys my own height of 5'8" to date. How dare you? (Though I got over my insistence on only dating guys taller than me when I had a seriously hot personal trainer who was significantly shorter than me.) 

Well, that's how it played out for my grandmothers. They were both 5'9", and married men shorter then they were, one by an inch or so and one by three-plus (!) inches. Of course, each of my grandfathers was a douche in his own way, but I doubt that had much, if anything, to do with their height. 

On 6/23/2016 at 5:56 PM, frugaldreams said:

He kind reminds me of Gaston.

THAT'S IT!!!!:boom:  Excuse the shouting, but I couldn't put my finger on it, until I read your post and realized, he is GASTON!!!! 

1 hour ago, Grimalkin said:

Reading this made me think they should do a celebrity wife swap episode.

Duggar-Brown wife swap. Kody gets J'Chelle and JimSlob gets Meri, Christine, Janelle, and Robyn. Moody will realize how great it is to sleep in the same bed every night, and JimSlob will want to satisfy copulate with all 4 of his news wives every day.

1 hour ago, Ralar said:

I'm not sure why people think Jeremy is wealthy because he played pro soccer for a season or two, followed by some semi-pro soccer. His 2012 and 2013 salary for the NY Red Bulls was $44,000 (but I think he was cut before the 2013 season). Not a lot of money, especially in New York. I don't know his salary when he played for AC Oulu, but I suspect it wasn't any more than his Red Bulls salary.

And now he is pastor of a very small church, I seriously doubt his salary is as much as it was playing soccer. In these small churches like this, the pastor often has another job to make ends meet. Don't know how he will support a family, especially with a SAHW.

11 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

If this was a Bates girl, people would be rhapsodizing. It is funny how the Duggar kids are gradually leaving IBLP and getting no credit.

If it was a Bates girl, I would still be concerned, but I also think you are right in a certain sense. A lot of people would be way happier to assume he was a nice guy than they are now. I think there's a certain impression that only a damaged/dangerous guy would want a Duggar girl. I DEFINITELY don't think every poster who has expressed concern feels that way (I certainly don't, I just get a weird vibe from how he talks that sets me on edge, but who knows why that is, hopefully its innocuous. It could even be a personal trauma that he and Jinger can bond over? I wouldn't wish a personal trauma on anyone but maybe it would be good for Jinger to be with someone who knows what lingering emotional trauma is like), but anyway I do think that some people are quicker to pull the trigger on disliking him because he is courting Jinger. I'm honestly just relieved to hear there are a lot of people who don't see the vibe I am seeing, because that makes me feel much better and more likely to believe its an innocuous thing.

I do think @formergothardite is spot on, if he isn't a bad guy he is EXACTLY what Jinger described as ideal for her. Admittedly it was always a pretty vague description, but she's gonna get to go to a city and drink a lot of coffee. So that'll be nice.

52 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I suspect that whatever the plans are, they'll have Jessa and Jinger nearby to each other and (eventually) a good distance from the TTH.

Who are "they" in this sentence? Do you mean Ben and Jer? (I hope so.) Do you mean TLC? (I hope not!)

The best thing that could happen to Jessa and Jinger is to spend some years away from the TTH.  It would be even better if the couples were away from TLC also.  

I don't know how likely these marriages are to work out,  but they have a better chance if JB and Michelle and the zillion siblings are not around. Leave and cleave, you know? 

38 minutes ago, Ralar said:

Duggar-Brown wife swap. Kody gets J'Chelle and JimSlob gets Meri, Christine, Janelle, and Robyn. Moody will realize how great it is to sleep in the same bed every night, and JimSlob will want to satisfy all 4 of his news wives every day.

I was thinking Jessa and Jinger but I like your idea better.

57 minutes ago, Ralar said:

Duggar-Brown wife swap. Kody gets J'Chelle and JimSlob gets Meri, Christine, Janelle, and Robyn. Moody will realize how great it is to sleep in the same bed every night, and JimSlob will want to satisfy all 4 of his news wives every day.

Something tells me Jim Boob doesn't care enough to satisfy anyone but himself... :P

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm 5'10" and my husband is a smidge shorter than me (like half an inch). I always said I would never marry someone shorter than me. I'm really glad I didn't stick to that stupid idea. 

Yeah...I never cared much about height. I am 5'6" and have liked people taller and shorter than me. Height had nothing to do with my feelings for them. Maybe that's just because I'm pretty average in the height department so it isn't something that really crosses my mind. I have female friends who are barely 5 feet and I have female friends over 6 feet.  I think when you are one "extreme" maybe it's a bigger part of your identity or something.

I don't care about height, I'm 5'0 most of the guys I like are 6'0 or taller. 

6 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

I just threw up. I still can't imagine fucking him. His face is burned in my mind. Even kissing him. Gosh. His face is just.. blah. Unless I drink something hard and I'm  desperate. Maybe I can replace his face with someone else. His face just looks weird. It's still gross. 

Maybe if he became a faceless man like in Game of Thrones I could imagine someone agreeing to fuck him. But still...

14 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Thank you. These are EXACTLY the kind of things during the Joshgate mess and no one could see reason. The fact is that not all abuse is the equal and not all trauma affects all people the same way.

What was really bothering me during the mess is how some people couldn't see that you can be deeply affected by abuse/trauma but not necessarily feel affected by it/show signs of being affected by it every single second of every single day. 

People were saying things like 'well I've seen them looking happy here here and here, can't have bothered them that badly'. No. Not how it works. Plus it is even messier when talking about the Duggar girls because they had their feelings minimised all along, were denied proper counselling, and were demanded to forgive Joshley. 

Plus I hate the way it felt like 'victim policing'. Like.......'these victims are not acting the exact way I think a victim in this situation should react, they are OBVIOUSLY lying/acting'. 

You can have 4 sisters who are victims of the same crime and 4 completely different reactions. That is entirely normal. 

Last time I was measured came in at 5'3 and my husband is currently 6'1. Truthfully when it came to crushing on guys the guy's height wasn't really a deal breaker. Since I was young my attraction was always more towards the guys that would be found in the top 3 of their high school class, 4.0 something GPAs, and near prefect ACT/SAT scores. Plus blue eyes but sadly my husband has brown eyes. Although looking back on my very short list of love interest the guys that were the shortest were arguable more on the intelligent side while the tallest were somewhat less.*

Although because I have no life at the moment I finally gotten around to watching the tv show Felicity. And I could probably say my love life with the Noel & Ben conflict was oddly familiar. But I ended up with my version of Noel.

* By less I mean their ACT compsit score was a 30 or 31 with a prefect math score. All guys tested in Spring 2007. 

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Who are "they" in this sentence? Do you mean Ben and Jer? (I hope so.) Do you mean TLC? (I hope not!)

I meant the plans, as determined by the four of them (not TLC).  Jessa and Jinger could hang together and the guys could spend all day practicing sermons/facial expressions on each other and being accountability buddies.  Sierra might have bestie withdrawal symptoms, but it's not like there there wouldn't be other Duggars and orbiting leghumpers to mess up plan events for.

Just now, Dandruff said:

I meant the plans, as determined by the four of them (not TLC).  Jessa and Jinger could hang together and the guys could spend all day practicing sermons/facial expressions on each other and being accountability buddies.  Sierra might have bestie withdrawal symptoms, but it's not like there there wouldn't be other Duggars and orbiting leghumpers to mess up plan events for.

Sounds like a great idea, if they can get away and still pay the rent.  

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Yeah...I never cared much about height. I am 5'6" and have liked people taller and shorter than me. Height had nothing to do with my feelings for them. Maybe that's just because I'm pretty average in the height department so it isn't something that really crosses my mind. I have female friends who are barely 5 feet and I have female friends over 6 feet.  I think when you are one "extreme" maybe it's a bigger part of your identity or something.

It's not that major in my calculations, either.  I've dated taller and shorter guys, and I'm 5'8".  I have couple-friends where the woman is taller, in one case, 8" taller.  Within my family, my daughter's paternal grandfather is 6'4" and her paternal grandmother is 5'4".  But I also know people who place extreme importance on such factors.  
Personally, I'm wondering why they teased the courtship announcement without the payoff last season.  Clearly the girls are easier to marry off (sorry, Josiah, you're cute and all, but that failed courtship, and JD, not even a failed courtship in the past...), but what prevented any timely seasonal finale?  Something went awry there, and I"m curious about what it was.  

• SpoonfulOSugar locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived