IGNORED

Jinger & the MetrosexualSoccerPlayerPastor (Courting 3)

SpoonfulOSugar

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:27 AM, Buzzard said:

He's got the Duggar "read shit off your phone" thing down.  He's going to have to work on talking with his hands so much if he's going to be with the uptight fam.

"I asked you last year..."  Hmmm.... 

Hang on a DuggarPickingMinute! Are we saying the timeline is off? Cos that's never happened before has it ;)

I call Time Lord.

Or he's nicked Hermione Grainger's satanic time turner.  

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The limit does not exist said:

My honeymoon guess: they'll go to Italy and tie in the TLC show "who do you think you are?" by searching for Jer's long lost family. They will both look uncultured as is the duggar way and I expect foot-in-mouth moments for our viewing pleasure.

I love Who Do You Think You Are. This is a brilliant post. You might also be a Psychic, but I don't know, ha ha.

Actually, this is what Jinger always probably wanted. Good looking, crazy fundie, and as a plus a real live pastor. Sounds like a Duggar prescription to me. 

1 hour ago, Lillymuffin said:

I'm with you. I'm a smidge over five feet, although I claim 5'2". The only time I dated someone under six feet (a dear, dear friend who's about 5'7"), I was told what a cute couple we made--"So cute we could stand on our own wedding cake!" That killed short guys for me. :dislike:

It didn't kill short guys for me (this particular short fella was so awesome that I didn't care what anyone said), but I feel like I get made fun of for my height-related dating choices no matter what I do. Tall guys? They're probably secret pedophiles and I have a complex. Short guys? LOL you are both short hahaha that is funny.

46 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Actually, this is what Jinger always probably wanted. Good looking, crazy fundie, and as a plus a real live pastor. Sounds like a Duggar prescription to me. 

I've always thought there could be a fine line between good looking and ape-like. Gorillas can be very handsome in their own way.  But this guy definitely leans towards ape-like in my eyes.

Might have been mentioned: Jessa was sooove hinting at the courtship in episode four, when Jinger was photographing Spurgeon. 

She was talking about matchmaking and finding her a guy and everything. 

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

It didn't kill short guys for me (this particular short fella was so awesome that I didn't care what anyone said), but I feel like I get made fun of for my height-related dating choices no matter what I do. Tall guys? They're probably secret pedophiles and I have a complex. Short guys? LOL you are both short hahaha that is funny.

I remember having a crush on a guy who was 6'6" and I was like 5', so a friend drew a picture of me dancing with this guy at Homecoming, but I was smaller than his foot and his legs disappeared into the clouds.

Just now, Kira said:

Lawson Bates is in Arkansas: 

Maybe he does have a thing for Joy? :o 

My hubby's 6'2. I'm(around) 5'. It has created numerous problems in 49 years. We can't dance together. Picture taking is-no-;Sex; awkward. The car: the seat, I need a cushion. He needs it all the way back. I can't reach the mushrooms or milk in the grocery. He puts things on top shelves he knows I can't reach. Mirrors....sigh. Good thing he's a nice guy & cute as the dickens.

9 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

I've carefully read every post in these three threads.

Jinger ain't being freed, is she?

:cry:

No, she just pled to a life sentence with little chance of parole.

2 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

Hang on a DuggarPickingMinute! Are we saying the timeline is off? Cos that's never happened before has it ;)

I call Time Lord.

Or he's nicked Hermione Grainger's satanic time turner.  

This means he was with the Duggars around smugsygate1 and stayed.  Atleast he stuck around for that... but yeah, their timeline is (again) bullshit.

I know you're all shocked.

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

(snip)

Even though New Zealand is so much better??

But...but New Zealand doesn't play in the European Football (soccer) Championship. ;) I'll be happy to revisit that rivalry over rugby, or the next World Championship (football (soccer)) though. :D So for now: GO Wales!

39 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

No, she just pled to a life sentence with little chance of parole.

This means he was with the Duggars around smugsygate1 and stayed.  Atleast he stuck around for that... but yeah, their timeline is (again) bullshit.

I know you're all shocked.

Jinger told People magazine she met Jeremy in May of 2015. I don't when Jeremy met Ben and Jessa.

@theinvisiblegirl Maybe! Joy was the focus of so much of the courtship talk during the first season. We will lose our minds if Joy is courting before Jana. 

ETA:

@Bad Wolf 

Maybe next season we'll understand what Jana didn't see coming.

It's interesting that they cut that from the show, especially now that we know TLC was going to show Jeremy but decided to wait

Before "Counting On" became a series, tabloids were reporting that TLC would give the Duggars a show to focus on Jinger and/or Jana courting :think:.

Isn't Lawson the country music star? And he's 23? Joy is 18, right?

Yeah, jinger bought the whole farm. No parole. Altho we don't know that he's a complete misogynist, do we.

Maybe he's alright w/her wearing shorts & yeah, watching tv. You know they'll have one. For the 9000 foreign soccer games.

36 minutes ago, Kira said:

Lawson Bates is in Arkansas: 

"Buckle up for Safety."  But he's taking the picture from the driver's side while moving....

5 hours ago, paulypepper said:

I've had the same problem all my life with the last name and I really can't change mine as I'm a guy...well I suppose I could get married and take my wife's last name...:) but after so many years I just answer to any way it gets pronounced and move on, though it is amazing how many different pronunciations people can come up with.

My married name is German and has EI and IE in it. I'm not sure it's ever been pronounced properly by people who don't know us. But my maiden name was always pronounced wrong too so I'm just used to it now. I can't imagine having an easily pronounceable name like Smith.

22 minutes ago, Kira said:

Jinger told People magazine she met Jeremy in May of 2015. I don't when Jeremy met Ben and Jessa.

@theinvisiblegirl Maybe! Joy was the focus of so much of the courtship talk during the first season. We will lose our minds if Joy is courting before Jana. 

I am so torn. I kind of like that Jana isn't courting (if that's what she wants) because it means she isn't like to have 10000 kids and whatnot. And hopefully she'll be less likely to end up with an immature Ben-type.

But at the same time...she's stuck in that awful house taking care of Michelle's kids. 

I deeply resent all you short people who date guys 6'+ when I can barely find guys my own height of 5'8" to date. How dare you? (Though I got over my insistence on only dating guys taller than me when I had a seriously hot personal trainer who was significantly shorter than me.) 

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I watched the videos and I'm not seeing the evil, dangerous, probably gay vibe everyone is seeing.:confusion-scratchheadyellow: It looks like he is the type of guy Jinger wanted. :confusion-shrug:

Anyone who marries into the Bates and Duggar families are doing so knowing they will get to be on television. I'm sure for both families being willing to be on tv is a top priority. A proper fundie who is all "Nope, not being on television." is not going to make the cut.  You have to be on the side of loving fame to marry into either family. 

I only watched the one video so the only vibe I got from it was "awkward and needs an acting class" just like with all the Duggars. On paper, though, I'm always going to be skeptical of anyone--especially a man--who had a fairly mainstream life and chooses to take a giant leap backward by pursuing a Duggar. I harshly judge people who lived an active life but decide they prefer some inexperienced ninny. That right there comes off as predatory. But I agree that he seems like the exact type Jinger would want. Let's hope he's only as much of an asshole as she's already prepared to deal with. 

As for the willingness to be on tv, I think that's a big reason why Jana is still single. She seems to hate the cameras and is probably turned off my men who are eager for that type of attention. 

33 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I deeply resent all you short people who date guys 6'+ when I can barely find guys my own height of 5'8" to date. How dare you? (Though I got over my insistence on only dating guys taller than me when I had a seriously hot personal trainer who was significantly shorter than me.) 

I'm also 5'8''. And so is my husband. And we weigh roughly the same. It's pretty nice! The only thing I miss are oversized sweatshirts and shirts that smell like dude since we wear basically the same unisex size.

However, the most important thing is to see who has the longest reach. We finally tested that out and now that my husband technically has the longer reach HE has to be the one to get stuff from the top shelf :pb_glasses: 

Before he could say "we're the same height! you do it!" But no longer! He's now the out of reach object getter. It's cute when he has to get the step stool :tw_blush:

22 hours ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

That's why you turn off the lights and shut your eyes 

I just threw up. I still can't imagine fucking him. His face is burned in my mind. Even kissing him. Gosh. His face is just.. blah. Unless I drink something hard and I'm  desperate. Maybe I can replace his face with someone else. His face just looks weird. It's still gross. 

According to the wtffundiefamilies tumblr, seems like Joy, Jed and Jer have graduated the Duggar SOTDRT.

52 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I only watched the one video so the only vibe I got from it was "awkward and needs an acting class" just like with all the Duggars. On paper, though, I'm always going to be skeptical of anyone--especially a man--who had a fairly mainstream life and chooses to take a giant leap backward by pursuing a Duggar. I harshly judge people who lived an active life but decide they prefer some inexperienced ninny. That right there comes off as predatory. But I agree that he seems like the exact type Jinger would want. Let's hope he's only as much of an asshole as she's already prepared to deal with. 

As for the willingness to be on tv, I think that's a big reason why Jana is still single. She seems to hate the cameras and is probably turned off my men who are eager for that type of attention. 

This reminds me of exactly something one of my relatives said when the Prince Charles / Lady Diana Spencer engagement was announced.  "Why would he marry such an inexperienced ninny".  Well we know the answer now - she served a useful purpose, and was too inexperienced to question anything.

6 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

My honeymoon guess: they'll go to Italy and tie in the TLC show "who do you think you are?" by searching for Jer's long lost family. They will both look uncultured as is the duggar way and I expect foot-in-mouth moments for our viewing pleasure.

As for the tie in - lol, but regarding a trip to Italy - I don't think he would be as bumbling as the Duggar norm - He lived in Europe for at least a year, plus she will follow his lead.

5 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I love Who Do You Think You Are.

I love that show too. I'm at the start of setting up my own genealogy business, so if it helps people get interested in researching their family they will hopefully come to me lol.

I had a look on Pickles page at the photo of JinJer, Boob and DQ in Laredo, Jinger's facial expression is odd.

Wading into the last name debate...When I saw it written I though it was pronounced Vo-Low. I'm used to last name butchery because my married last name was Loughlin, pronounced Lock-Lin. However, I had people pronounce it loff-lin, laugh-lin, loff-in, low-lin, louw-lin and even Mcloughlin. Thankfully I'm back to my maiden name which you could only mess up if you are really really thick.

4 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

But...but New Zealand doesn't play in the European Football (soccer) Championship. ;) I'll be happy to revisit that rivalry over rugby, or the next World Championship (football (soccer)) though. :D So for now: GO Wales!

Ahhh.... I thought you meant ACTUAL football- rugby- because of the recent... um.... match with the All Blacks and Wales. I am married to a Kiwi and birthed two little Kiwis. Football is rugby :P

4 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

My hubby's 6'2. I'm(around) 5'. It has created numerous problems in 49 years. We can't dance together. Picture taking is-no-;Sex; awkward. The car: the seat, I need a cushion. He needs it all the way back. I can't reach the mushrooms or milk in the grocery. He puts things on top shelves he knows I can't reach. Mirrors....sigh. Good thing he's a nice guy & cute as the dickens.

I'm 5'1, and the man formerly known as Mr. Sebastian was 6'7. I now exclusively date men under 6'0.

I'm totally on board with Bin wanting to become a preacher at Jer's church.  But really, I highly doubt such a small plant church needs or can afford another preacher.  I wonder how long Jer's committed to staying there in Laredo?  Maybe he has his sights on moving to AR?

• SpoonfulOSugar locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived