IGNORED

Let the JinJer Wedding Planning Begin!

Kaylo

Y'all have brought out my inner wedding planner.  Out of the fundie bridesmaid dresses I've liked Priscilla's the best.  How about this dress for Jinger?  It's simple but modest, although I'm sure they'd add a modesty panel

8adb92b411603767710c39753b163df4.jpg

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they cool with illusion necklines or nah?

my wedding dress was similar, but I had short sleeves. i could see her in something like this with a flower crown and large, loose curls

edit: also it's less than $600 on bhldn

35939156_011_a?$zoom-xl$

36 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

The only thing I would add is that the sherbert punch should be made with jinger ale. ;) 

(Actually not bad with llemon-lime sherbert.)

ETA - Each married woman could be asked to share "one thing I wish I had known before the wedding night." ;)

OMG Jinger Ale. That's a perfect set up. If they don't serve it, I might legitimately be angry at them. 

I'd be interested to hear what they'd say about the wedding night. Something more than "It's like Legos." 

1 hour ago, EmCatlyn said:

The only thing I would add is that the sherbert punch should be made with jinger ale. ;) 

(Actually not bad with llemon-lime sherbert.)

ETA - Each married woman could be asked to share "one thing I wish I had known before the wedding night." ;)

You rang? :pb_biggrin: :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I'm falling into the habit of spelling ginger that way.  Too much time spent on this forum. :)

I think that this dress would like nice as well and its modest already so not a lot of alterations needed

modest.jpg

9 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

These two are both very pretty, & the burgundy dress would make a very nice wedding gown, too.

its gorgeous but they'd wear it with a tshirt.  

8 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

In fact, I wanna see glitter everywhere. Jinger should reflect light like a disco ball on her big day

Ooooooo, they can modify Michelle's super modest silver Christmas tree dress.  Jim Bob would be so happy to save the difference.

image.jpeg

Food, 

Pasta  Bar - Maybe with recipes from both sides of the family ( so they can see how gross chickenetti really is)

Cupcakes - Espresso Flavored, Chocolate with black and white frosting  placed in the shape of soccer balls

Vanilla-they could have little fondant cameras on them 

Italian Creme Soda 

Coffee

Lemonade 

Someone needs to show Jinger Latterdaybride.com Everything is modest, but fashion forward and very on trend. Honestly I love some of the dresses I'm seeing here lol. 

20 minutes ago, 19Kittens said:

Someone needs to show Jinger Latterdaybride.com Everything is modest, but fashion forward and very on trend. Honestly I love some of the dresses I'm seeing here lol. 

They even have a dress that is named Ginger

https://latterdaybride.com/modest-wedding-dresses/ginger-details

not my favourite, but I have to say some of the dresses are really cute.

6 hours ago, catlady said:

J Boob will probably say "Hola" to them the whole time.

I mean, I'm sure he already thinks that Italians and Hispanic people are completely interchangeable. In fact, I'm pretty sure he thinks that anyone with a skin tone darker than ivory is culturally/linguistically interchangeable. It's a wonder he didn't try to communicate with Jinger solely in broken Spanish when she was in that "before you dress....slather on an entire bottle of self-tanner" phase.

The thing I don't like about the latter day bride dresses is how structured and "built up" they all look on top. I like things more flowy and natural. Some are cute, but many of them are just as bad as the modesty panels, IM(petty)O.

1 minute ago, sophie10130 said:

The thing I don't like about the latter day bride dresses is how structured and "built up" they all look on top. I like things more flowy and natural. Some are cute, but many of them are just as bad as the modesty panels, IM(petty)O.

I'm pretty sure that's so you can't make out the actual shape of their sinful parts ;) 

1 minute ago, 19Kittens said:

I'm pretty sure that's so you can't make out the actual shape of their sinful parts ;) 

OOOOHHHH good point. I didn't think about that. I just was always thinking about cleavage. Or the cleavage area for those of us that don't actually have cleavage, like myself.

5 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

I'm just very disheartened by their reliance on the Bridal T-Shirt look. But this one is very pretty and I'd love to see Jinger rock it:

modest-wedding-dress-primrose-front.jpg

I think she should change up her hairstyle. Jill and Jessa didn't really change their hair for their weddings.

A bride who is getting married "for all time and eternity" in an LDS temple needs a dress that won't show her temple garments (a.k.a. "magic underwear") after she gets them. I'm assuming that's one reason the LatterDayBride dresses show less skin in some areas.

I live in an area with a large LDS population and when I was wedding dress shopping and I would mention wanting a dress that covered my back or upper arms (personal fashion/body image reasons) the sales ladies always asked me if I was going to be married in the Temple. It got old after awhile.

5 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

<snip>

Her husband?

10 minutes ago, JesusHDuggar said:

How ironic that Jessa's dress is on this LDS website. If only she knew! :tw_glasses:

image.jpeg

You realise that they source the dresses from several different brands, right? Allure (the brand of the dress) is not a mormon brand, just has a modest line.

40 minutes ago, JesusHDuggar said:

How ironic that Jessa's dress is on this LDS website. If only she knew! :tw_glasses:

image.jpeg

Do you think JB would be cheap enough to try to get Jinger to "borrow" Jessa's dress? I know Jessa would absolutely not stand for it, though.

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Her husband?

Snap your fingers in Z formation!

And you know, I don't think JB would be so outrageous as to suggest the same dress. Jinger would want her own gown. Anna borrowed her sister's dress, though!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived