IGNORED

Let the JinJer Wedding Planning Begin!

Kaylo

@Four is Enough I love the dress too. The problem is, the wedding is not until June 2017 and who the heck knows if I will gain/lose weight by then. So I am waffling on buying it just yet. And by next year, it will be no where to be found, but there may be prettier dresses next year......argghhhh. So indecisive.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chickenbutt said:

The plum color. The wedding colors will be pale pink and silver. And I am not a blue person.

Beautiful color. I love the colors pale pink and silver. 

4 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I don't have many opinions on the dresses or decorations, but I'd love to see one of those photo booths, to honor Jinger's interest in photography. Yes, I know cool stuff at her wedding won't happen, but I can dream.

On the other hand, she'd  need three booths. One for Jill R, one for Jessa, and one for everyone else, so everyone would have a chance to get a picture taken!

I'm way behind, but just the thought of JRod with a photo booth made me laugh out loud!!

32 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Don't forget! Michelle needs FJ to pick out her mother-of-the-bride dress. She needs all the help she can get.

ETA: this is the dress I am looking at for my son's wedding......not that Michelle would ever wear anything remotely cute.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/r-m-richards-sleeveless-beaded-v-neck-dress-jacket?ID=476227&CategoryID=68233#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D141%26ruleId%3D38|BS%26slotId%3D1%26rdppSegmentId%3DCONTROL

What a lovely dress! Why couldn't Michelle wear something like that instead of the absolute monstrosity she found? It's possible to dress modestly without looking like whatever she looked like. And the worst thing is, she had to add a stupid modesty panel to that fugly dress anyway. Why can't they just buy normal modest clothes in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

What a lovely dress! Why couldn't Michelle wear something like that instead of the absolute monstrosity she found? It's possible to dress modestly without looking like whatever she looked like. And the worst thing is, she had to add a stupid modesty panel to that fugly dress anyway. Why can't they just buy normal modest clothes in the first place.

Because if you dress modestly but can't crow to everyone about how hard it is to do so in this sinful world, are you really dressing modestly?

In my looking about for motb dresses, I found a lot of "modest" dresses. Not all, in fact very few, are low cut, sleeveless or hoochie like.

Since Jinger loves coffee, Sierra will come up with a budget friendly and fast option. Sierra can also place little Italian flags in the center of each one with a toothpick.

1.JPG

I think the wedding will feature coffee ice cream, a Texas motif, and something from Italy for Jim Bob to mispronounce.

1 minute ago, Fluffypaws said:

Since Jinger loves coffee, Sierra will come up with a budget friendly and fast option. Sierra can also place little Italian flags in the center of each one with a toothpick.

1.JPG

Will the main course be Little Caesar's served in the parking lot straight out of the boxes? Only the most authentic Eye-talian food should be available at this wedding, after all.

5 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

I think the wedding will feature coffee ice cream, a Texas motif, and something from Italy for Jim Bob to mispronounce.

J Boob will probably say "Hola" to them the whole time.

I'm single right now and nowhere near any sort of wedding, but this thread has been making me think about colours. My favourite colour is red, but as a ginger it's not the best colour- my mum says I suit blues and greens better. (Then again I wore a hot pink number to my school leavers do). Now I'm kind of thinking of using red and blue as wedding colours- maybe not bright red, but something darker, maybe sort of wine red or burgundy or something, and then blue as well. I said it somewhere else, but I wouldn't want a great long-skirted wedding dress, because I would just freak out about potentially falling/tripping over and face planting in the middle of the aisle would be anyone's worst nightmare. Plus heels are painful. 

Also- I've always wondered about walking in a mermaid dress. They seem restrictive around the upper legs- if anyone here has worn one, what's it like walking in one? Weird question I know. They just don't seem like the easiest things to walk in.

1 hour ago, busdrivingmom said:

I'm sure Jinger will have a coffee flavored wedding cake (made by Sierra and Joy).  Or maybe skip the cake altogether and have someone making coffee drinks for everyone instead.

Perhaps catered from that coffee shop she worked at for a day. They seem to love that place. Mama something or others.

4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I'm single right now and nowhere near any sort of wedding, but this thread has been making me think about colours. My favourite colour is red, but as a ginger it's not the best colour- my mum says I suit blues and greens better. (Then again I wore a hot pink number to my school leavers do). Now I'm kind of thinking of using red and blue as wedding colours- maybe not bright red, but something darker, maybe sort of wine red or burgundy or something, and then blue as well. I said it somewhere else, but I wouldn't want a great long-skirted wedding dress, because I would just freak out about potentially falling/tripping over and face planting in the middle of the aisle would be anyone's worst nightmare. Plus heels are painful. 

Also- I've always wondered about walking in a mermaid dress. They seem restrictive around the upper legs- if anyone here has worn one, what's it like walking in one? Weird question I know. They just don't seem like the easiest things to walk in.

You should try on dresses until you fall in love with one.......I do agree it looks like it would be hard to walk in a mermaid.

I know these things from watching them on TV. But the try one on until you love one seems like fun. And it should be fun!!

My future dil tried a mermaid dress and was completely unable to walk, let alone dance. She couldn't get it off fast enough. But as with everything else, it is a personal decision. I agree about trying on dresses. I went with her and her mom, it was so much fun, especially when we "jacked her up"

I would love to Jeremy's Italian aunts/mom fight Sierra and Michelle over their wedding tackiness. I will never understand why the Duggars have the cheapest weddings when TLC filmed and probably paid for all of them (except Josh/Anna's). I know they want to market this family as "real" but I come from a pretty down to earth family and we would never have a reception in a parking lot with the main dish being fritos. We make sure everyone goes home full and we cut the guest lists if we cannot afford to give them all a quality time. 

4 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

I would love to Jeremy's Italian aunts/mom fight Sierra and Michelle over their wedding tackiness. I will never understand why the Duggars have the cheapest weddings when TLC filmed and probably paid for all of them (except Josh/Anna's). I know they want to market this family as "real" but I come from a pretty down to earth family and we would never have a reception in a parking lot with the main dish being fritos. We make sure everyone goes home full and we cut the guest lists if we cannot afford to give them all a quality time. 

Even though Josh/Anna's wedding had some shitshow moments (ie the 'transfer of authority' speech), I thought it was the best of the 3 of them. 

The Kellers might not be wealthy, but they can put on a good wedding.  They got those church ladies to step up to the plate.  Also they have better taste in bridesmaids' dresses.

(I'm including Priscilla and David's wedding in here too).

2 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Do Italians hate pies or something? I'll have to give my Sicilian ancestors a ring, my grandfather loves him a good pie.

Though, honestly, he will probably just tell me Sicilian isn't the same thing as Italian!

Just add a little anise and viola! Italian!

5 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Ooh, a Duggar bachelorette party!

-Sherbert punch served in shot glasses

-An inspirational speaker (Sierra, maybe) who "inspires" and "encourages" the young ladies on their future as broodmares and laundry slaves.

-An "exotic" tater tot casserole sprinkled with parsley 

-Cookies from the Doughmestic Housewife and chocolate dipped strawberries from Sierra

-Fun games: They can just reuse the ones from their baby showers. Bachelorette party/baby shower- both prepping for babies!

According to this EHow article, you're hitting the nail on the head:

http://www.ehow.com/way_5329528_ideas-christian-bachelorette-party.html#page=0

This chick is all about being cozy and having a metric crap ton of coffee/tea/cocoa, so it's already right in our wedding plans! She also advocates about friends revealing "misadventures in their own marriages" lololololololol. How do we gently approach Anna and Jessa about this?

1 hour ago, AreYouThereGothard? said:

According to this EHow article, you're hitting the nail on the head:

http://www.ehow.com/way_5329528_ideas-christian-bachelorette-party.html#page=0

This chick is all about being cozy and having a metric crap ton of coffee/tea/cocoa, so it's already right in our wedding plans! She also advocates about friends revealing "misadventures in their own marriages" lololololololol. How do we gently approach Anna and Jessa about this?

Lol! I didn't read that article prior to posting, but that's...great. 

Jessa could give a talk about living with an immature man child who seems over his life 2 seconds after getting married. 

Hopefully none of the other girls will be able to relate to that (or to Anna's struggles) in the future.

6 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Ooh, a Duggar bachelorette party!

-Sherbert punch served in shot glasses

-An inspirational speaker (Sierra, maybe) who "inspires" and "encourages" the young ladies on their future as broodmares and laundry slaves.

-An "exotic" tater tot casserole sprinkled with parsley 

-Cookies from the Doughmestic Housewife and chocolate dipped strawberries from Sierra

-Fun games: They can just reuse the ones from their baby showers. Bachelorette party/baby shower- both prepping for babies!

The only thing I would add is that the sherbert punch should be made with jinger ale. ;) 

(Actually not bad with llemon-lime sherbert.)

ETA - Each married woman could be asked to share "one thing I wish I had known before the wedding night." ;)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived